Smartcare Reviews

3.8/5 (242 reviews)

Ricarda Easton

Billing issues

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Overall it is OK, not as dynamic as I had hoped. I like the digital log in/out process for families. However some of our families fin the two step process hard to follow. I like the reports that I am able to run. I like that the staff can clock in and out and only access our stuff when they are workings.

Bobbi Dragone

Kids of Promise

Reviewed 2018-10-29

1. Payment through the App is great 2. Posting is fast and easy 3. Cloud based makes it faster and easier, no need to do backups continually 4. Parents love the ease of checking in / out.

Danielle Bentley

I liked Childcare Manager better

Reviewed 2018-10-22

In all honesty I am extremely disappointed with Smartcare. If I had not required my parents/staff to adjust to ChildCare Manager then to Smartcare a short time afterwards I would look for something else. - The tablet that the parents and staff use to check-in/out is very modern looking. - The ladybug allows us the opportunity to screenshot a problem for tech support. - The layout looks good and is more modern. - Updates are being made often which increases our ease of functionality.

Katherine Snow

Not an easy transition from Child Care Manager

Reviewed 2018-07-17

We like the parents ability to set up accounts and manage funds on their own. I like the reports of children not signed out of the school and the employees not signed out of the school. I like the ability to log on and see our data anywhere.

Courtney Greiner

We love Smartcare at our center. It has been awesome for us.

Reviewed 2018-07-11

It makes tracking everything so easy. As a director, I love the reports. They are easy to use and well laid out. For teachers, the ease of the program is wonderful and the communication between parents and the classroom is awesome. For parents, the technology on their phones is amazing. They don't have to take home a sheet of paper every night that gets lost. They can always access the information. They can directly communicate with the teachers when needed.

Christen Walker

Mediocre at best!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I feel like it could have potential, but they just launched their system too soon without working out the kinks first. The list of cons goes on forever, but I just don't have the time to write them all.The overall look of the software is nice and appealing.

Autumn Snow

Program design needs lots of work

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Rough start. After reading online reviews I see I am not the only one and suggest the program developers work quickly at addressing the concerns from users...most concerns are addressed over and over and yet changes have not been made. How hard can it be to organize everything by first name or last name or some common denominator? Right now its very confusing and time consuming going between families, children, payment and accounting when every single category is organized differently. I love that I can access it from my smartphone while away from the office. I also really like the group emailing feature.

Janet Grgurich

Messaging

Reviewed 2018-11-12

Smartcare Technical team are always willing to help solve any problem we present to them. They have help parents with issues as well.I love the "Messaging" feature. Recently while away from my computer our center had an emergency situation that I needed to alert our families about. I logged in from my phone and was amazed the the messaging worked so well. Every parent received a e-mail with the pertinent details about the situation. I am grateful for the ease of use.

Stephanie Goicochea

My experience with SmartCare has improved for the better.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

The main benefit that a user would get from this product is all the child and family information in one place and easily accessible. Another amazing feature is the ability to print reports for attendance, billing, and other items. I enjoy the real-time updates within the center, teacher and parent apps. I can also appreciate that there is always someone in customer service with anything that needs to be addressed. Lastly, I enjoy that there are always constant improvements based off of suggestions that actual users have suggested.

Anonymous

Smart Care Review

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I love how easy it is to sign in through the tablet and clock in for work. Using not only the key card that is provided but also through the number they allow you to create in case you forget your key card or have something in your hand. It is also easy to navigate through the app if a parent forgets to clock their child out or in.

Sara Fox

Smartcare is a great idea overall and has some great features but needs some work.

Reviewed 2018-07-16

The only benefit our school gains from this software is that parents have the ability to pay through their app, taking some of that responsibility out of our hands.Smartcare has great features such as signing children in and out, and allowing parents to pay through their app.

Emily Mellander

Great Easy Program

Reviewed 2018-10-19

It has been great. They are quick to respond to issues that we are having and helpful in directing us towards solutions.We like how easy it is to register our students, check them in and out each day and handle all of our billing. It makes things very transparent with parent and easy for them to make their payments.

Starr Morgan

Transitioning from our previous child care management system to SmartCare was simple.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

The most advantageous benefit is that it is web-based! As noted in the 'pros' I have found many benefits to the program. I love that SmartCare is web-based, allowing families to see their account in real time. The 'bug' feature is very user friendly and a simple way to make suggestions for added features. New features are added regularly to make the program work for the child care industry. The customer service and support in the transition process has been incredibly helpful while transitioning to this program. I have been amazed with the response time from customer support and account managers. My families have been very positively responsive to the switch to SmartCare and seem to prefer it to our previous two programs. Overall we are very happy with our decision to use SmartCare!

Jessica Trujillo

Hard transition to make from what we were using before.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

This software is teaching me to become more organized, to ensure things run as smoothly as possible. I get daily training. :) The one thing I like the most from Smartcare is the flexibility or ease to send multiple pictures to parents and the communication to all the parents who are active. I also like how the parents can use their time line to see pictures and videos of their children. It's also convenient to give the parents the option to make a payment towards tuition.

Jennifer Armstrong

Work in progress?

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Our goal was to condense all of our systems into one place using smart care. However, because of the challenges with reporting functionality and lack of intuitive features we are still using multiple systems to manage our school. Overall Smartcare is a great system but it needs more development, perhaps with input form school administrators, teachers and parents.The software is very easy to use from an administrative perspective.

Marrie Gonzalez

Pretty good

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Our daycare facility uses this software. When we started with this we were just in as a trial run from the beginning to now it's made a lot of improvements

Sharon Disotell

Some parts we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! They are still working out some bugs.

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Love electronic sign IN/OUT, attendance and meal tracking, and the ease of communication with one or all parents. Smartcare has always been there to help when we needed it. They are quick to respond to bugs reported.

Missy Sanchez

It often feels as though the software is not fully developed which leads to roadblocks for the user.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

It has taken some of the work off of me as a site director as it allows parents to pay tuition through the app and check their children in/out. The tool gets easier to use the more we use it and understand the different nuances. The feature that allows parents to check their children in and out for the day is great.

Carmen Coy

Smartcare System

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We like the attendance tracking feature and the real time ratios. That being said, we have had many issues with parents being over charged, double punches in and out that were not showing up as an error, automatic payments not coming out on time. We serve a big population of school age children who may be here for 1/2 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. When a group of 22 children get off the bus, we have to sign them in individually. This takes FOREVER!! I like Child Care Manager where we had a class set up and could check which children got off the bus, enter the time and hit ok. It would update each one of the children as a group. The variety of features it offers and parents love the option of paying tuition online.

Santiago Carrillo

Smartcare takes Childcare management software to a new level!

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Multiple platforms in One Easy to use interface Great support and training staffSmartcare is leading the change in childcare management solutions. Intuitive interface that out of the box solves most of the main needs of childcare operations. Reduce the number of solutions you need by integrating Parent communications, time and attendance, CRM, Payments and Center management.

Renee McCauley

Smartcare is missing many important features from Child Care Manager

Reviewed 2019-02-11

The transition from Child Care Manager to Smartcare we did in phases, first employees, then parents practicing with app before actually using it. It has been a difficult transition. If it wasn't for Smartcare taking over Child Care Manager we would never have changed. Seems odd that the we were told CCM would not be supported after August yet I just got a notice for a renewal of the support contract. Feel like there was dishonesty with that information. I would not suggest this program at this time due to the conflicts I have encountered.I do appreciate that it is web based, nice to see things remotely. Like that the parents have an app and are able to view the timeline and keep tabs on their child's day. Whitney who helped to transfer all my CCM to Smartcare has been wonderful.

Katelyn Swaney

Great Childcare Center Tool

Reviewed 2018-10-22

Smartcare has enabled my center to reduce printing costs in billing, registration forms, handbooks, and daily sheets. The ease of billing through the app puts our center at the top of the list. The customer service within this company is impeccable- they are always there to aid. The ease of accessibility not only to the many features, but the availability of customer service to respond to any questions within reasonable time frame is very helpful.

AnnMarie Pringle

my experience was a good one

Reviewed 2018-07-10

The comment from parents is very positive before and after starting with us. A teacher doesn't have explained to a parent about a child's day when they come to pick up its already there in the app.Parents are able to chat with the teacher through text messages. The teacher is also able to send picture and videos

Robin Anderson

Needs updates to run more quicly

Reviewed 2018-10-21

We are able to cummunicate with our parents so easily with Smartcare. We live in an era when people don't want to answer the phone but they will respond to a notification almost immediately. This has been very beneficial to our center. I love that I can find students class by class. From a Director point of view I am able to search for individual children. You can sort children by several different methods which is nice.

Jerrie wade

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Electronic sign in for parents, family & friends to help save our trees