Smartcare Reviews

Smartcare

Cloud-based child care center management software

Smartcare

SmartCare Child Care Software Review

Smartcare is good and has great potential but there are several things that need tobe "tweeked".

Pros

Smartcare is great for billing and allows parents to pay tuition immediately through autopay.

Cons

The sign in process is slow for parents because the app doesn't bring up the QR code quickly. We often have parents waiting in the lobby for their code to come up. Messaging is also difficult. Parents cannot directly message their childs teacher to inform of sickness or other items.

Barbara, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User...

Crossroads Christian Child Care and SmartCare

We have a few concerns. We have found it difficult to use reliably for attendance and tracking sign in sign out. Sometimes for no reason our entire center jumps into the wrong class and on one occasion the entire center was signed out when a teacher logged off. This has cause a lot of panic from our parents. We are still using our back up sign-in system and will continue until we feel we can trust...

Pros

Tuition features

Cons

Number of updates and how unreliable it has been for sign in sign out of children.

So far Smartcare has been easy to use. I will be able to better review it's quality with more time.

Easy of use. Access from anywhere. Automatic billing. Online payment capabilities.

Pros

A lot of great features that make the day to day operations easier. The ability to access it from anywhere.

Cons

Buggy at times. Kiosk app will freeze at the most inopportune times and the tablet will need to be restarted. Has been difficult to get some parents on board, not everyone has access to internet or smartphones. With so much information and options, it is easy to get 'lost' in the functions.

Holly, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to hear that you have had a delightful experience with our software and you found it easy to use and make your day to day operations easier. At SmartCare we're very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and that's why we appreciate your comments so we can continue to improve week by week with updates and...

Support has been AWESOME!! Still getting to know the ins and outs of the system.

Pros

I can access it from anywhere. I can troubleshoot and answer parent questions anytime, anywhere. I like that parents can access their account balance on the app, and that they will be able to pay online.

Cons

I do not like the that center web and IOS app have different features. I wish both were equal. Too much going back and forth. We do not use Ipads on campus, so I have to use my personal Ipad to schedule kids, assign PINs, etc. We are going to have to purchase Ipads. I miss a lot of the reporting features from Child Care Manager. Would like to see more with Smartcare.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! we truly appreciate it. We are so thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience with SmartCare and our customer support service. We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments. We strive to provide the BEST Childcare Software - in our Industry and due to our growth and our industry's demand - we expect to continue to update our software to meet those needs. Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Rough at first, but has improved a great deal

Pros

Smartcare offers a variety of usable functions and an always increasing number of reports. We use these items daily.

Cons

When we first started the system there were a lot of bugs but this has gotten much better with time.

Sarah, Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare. We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients. We're so happy to hear that you have found that our software offers a variety of usable functions and you use these daily. We appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Academy's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Office manager

We are getting paid more consistently and on time with the new system.

Pros

Once I got the hang of it billing is now a breeze. Parents are slowly learning they can see what there bill is and make payments on line. Verifying attendance is much easier as well as tracking employee hours.

Cons

It's been hard to navigate the reports to figure out what I want. Sometimes it doesn't give me the information I need.

Peggy, Thank you for your feedback & continued support of our product! It's our absolute pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/...

Administrator/User of Smartcare

Our overall experience of Smartcare has been good.

Pros

What we like most about using the software is the convenience and ease of use.

Cons

Some cons: Late fees don't apply to accounts until two days later, allocation dates and some of the reports.

Hi De'Arnodra! Thank you for your positive comments about Smartcare. We are always striving to improve our product. Our product and tech teams will be reviewing your comments on the posting, allocation dates, and reports. Feel free to call our support line to give more detailed suggestions! Thanks again!

Overall, our center's staff and our families have been excited to use Smartcare.

Pros

The system is easy to use and navigate. The families love to feel connected to the classrooms during the day and their billing.

Cons

The constant updates can be difficult when the site goes down at times. As a director I would like the staff to see at clockin and clockout times a running total of their hours worked.

Leah, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy to hear that you find that SmartCare is easy and quick to navigate. We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we appreciate that you told us about what you would like us to do to make your experience even better. Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Smartcare User

Overall, we have been having a good experience with Smartcare. The parents really like being able to see their statements/balances on the app. Some parents wish they could use the website.

Pros

There are a lot of really great reports that can be run

Cons

If you are not able to use the kiosk for attendance it is very, very time consuming to manually enter attendance. It is also a little cumbersome to switch between the payment, account, family, and children sections

Courtney, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User...

I have tried SmartCare as a parent and as the administrator of a preschool program.

I honestly liked childcare manager and still prefer aspects of it to SmartCare, but it will be nice to have a parent portal for tuition payments. And, it's a major upgrade to be able to access it remotely!

Pros

I like the convenience of the program and I especially appreciate the customer service of the SmartCare reps

Cons

As an administrator, there are a few features I hope they add. In particular, I would like more options for employee info.

Lynne, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience with SmartCare and our customer support service. We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! and that's why we value your comments. At SmartCare we're very happy to...

Fair, customer service representatives are excellent at understanding and assisting.

Pros

The information is current and accurate. The communication with the parent is done in real time. Billing and collection are more automatic.

Cons

The billings and payments are not able to be edited or voided. The account changes automatically go to the parents. When an error is made the parent question the competency of the childcare staff. When pulling reports it is often difficult to get the specific information needed to complete a task as assigned. The leads section of the program should be developed more to include personalized emails with attachments, and follow up capabilities, as well as a report that places each potential in a category for the waitlist.

Dana, Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare. We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we truly appreciate the feedback from our clients. At SmartCare we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Program design needs lots of work

Rough start. After reading online reviews I see I am not the only one and suggest the program developers work quickly at addressing the concerns from users...most concerns are addressed over and over and yet changes have not been made. How hard can it be to organize everything by first name or last name or some common denominator? Right now its very confusing and time consuming going between families, children, payment and accounting when every single category is organized differently.

Pros

I love that I can access it from my smartphone while away from the office. I also really like the group emailing feature.

Cons

1) The number of steps it takes to do things is time consuming and completely unnecessary. Streamline everything to be more organized and functional. 2) The "Report" section needs a lot of work and even very simple parent statements are not possible. The filtering option only works on some reports but is needed all the time. 3) Billing has had a very rough start for us as well as our families. 4) Parent APP needs to notify parents of the 2.85% credit/debit convenience change BEFORE they choose that method of payment. Being notified after inputting their card information is a waste of time and seen as being sneaky. 5) Having to have a PC, Tablet and Ipad to use all features is ridiculous. Streamline everything.

Thank you for your feedback, Autumn - It is our pleasure to assist you in locating our Online Resources for you and your Staff! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and...

Great transition experience

Ability to generate customized reports, process payments and receipts more quickly, communicate with parents easily, compile data/status information. Will be ultimately helpful in reducing the amount of daily paperwork.

Pros

Report generating, ease of use, parent communication ability and the abilty for parents to pay/view billing as well as see where their child is located on campus at all time.

Cons

When converting not all important data was entered, including medical information and allergies, we will have to spend a lot of time reentering this date on the back end.

Meighan, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that the transition to SmartCare was a great experience and that our intuitive interface is easy to use and will be ultimately helpful in reducing the amount of daily paperwork in your business. We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments. We look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Warm Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

I am new to Smartcare so I'm still figuring it all out. The parents are very excited about the app!

I hope to spend less time gathering tuition. Currently, I spend 5-6 hours a day at my desk when tuition is due.

Pros

I like the number of different reports. I think I will use this feature quite a bit. The parents seem most excited about the parent app and sign-in kiosk. Both are easy to use.

Cons

The same information seems to be in more than one place. It seems a bit redundant. As I said before I am new to the software so my opinion may change, but the tuition plans are limited. We charge tuition every 4 weeks. Therefore, I had to set it up as a weekly plan even though it's not due every week. This is confusing my parents. I haven't found a way to change the due dates. Is there one?

Amy, Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare! We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients, as it is instrumental to our mutual growth and continued success. We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments. At SmartCare our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Well supported

Pros

We like the easy access for all parties and the ability to easily communicate with our parents. We also like the billing. We have not yet gone through a billing cycle so we are very curious to see how the parents do with the new billing format. We used to hand out paper bills and we are very happy to go paperless. Also like that we can work on accounts from anywhere. Customer support has been outstanding

Cons

The software feels a little rigid in that we were previously able to batch bill ourselves, etc. however I think we will feel differently as we get to know the software and work with it for a while. After working with one software package for 10 years, this is just a learning curve issue. And SmartCare is pretty easy to figure out.

Ann, Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare! We truly appreciate it, as it is instrumental to our mutual growth and continued success. We are so glad to hear you have had a good experience with our software and our customer support has been outstanding for you. We're positively very happy to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve...

Smartcare for Childcare

Overall my experience with Smartcare has been a positive one. We're still new to it and trying to figure everything out. I believe once we learn everything we can do with it that it will be a great asset to our business.

Pros

I like that it brings many aspects of childcare record keeping together into one program.

Cons

I find it hard sometimes to locate the function I am looking for. I like the shortest route to what I am trying to do.

Cheryl, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User...

Optimistic

I don't have enough training. The person training me, I was notified by email she was no longer with the company and called for more help was told they'd call me the next day to continue training and never got called. So I'm left with a program I don't know how to use!

Pros

Great program. Lots of ways to stay in contact with family.

Cons

Lots of steps. To do one thing you have to go through a million other places to get to it.

Lyndsey, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User...

Smartcare Review

My overall experience has been good.

Pros

Quick and easy for staff, parents, and directors.

Cons

When you're having a problem, being directed to insta bug instead of a live person calling you back. Some things can be handled easier and quicker by a simple phone call rather than a series of emails. Problems and solutions are sometimes are not explained clearly in emails.

Sherry, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User...

Bayshore Learning Center

Great so far. We love the fact that our parents can pay online. This has made it easier for me to be in the classrooms or complete my job without having to stop to take payments and run to the bank for deposits.

Pros

Ease of use for the parents and the classroom teachers

Cons

I don't understand the importance of the ipad. We have a very tight budget and we had to purchase one, and a data plan.

Jamie, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides...

Good start, doesn't meet some of our needs

More payment options for parents, more ways of communication with parents.

Pros

Giving parents more access to what their child is doing throughout the day. Gives the staff chance to communicate with parents.

Cons

Some reports we need aren't available, Director role can't use teacher app unless signed out of Director and signed back in as a teacher. ios version not available on other tablets

It is our pleasure to assist you in locating our Online Resources for you and your Staff! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use...

Easy Transition

We've been very pleased.

Pros

The help we received was invaluable. Questions were answered quickly and follow up was fabulous.

Cons

As new users, we're still learning the ins and outs. We miss some of our forms from Childcare Manager and are waiting for them to be transferred over as advertised before the switch.

Thank you for your review, Tricia! It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software! While you and your staff are in the process of learning our functionality - we have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/...

Nice easy to use

Pros

Clocking in staff and kids is easy when they forget their qr card. Update technology. I love that you can get the app and clock in with it.

Cons

Not able to delete payments are charges that have been entered. I would also do away with flu vaccine option since it is not a requirement vaccine.

Stacy, Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare. We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients. We are so happy to hear that you have found that our software offers a variety of usable functions. We appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Amazing all-in-one child care solution that you can actually afford!

My child care center/preschool, Precious Lambs Early Learning Center, participated in SmartCare's beta testing. We are so impressed with the way that the software really encompasses everything needed. It is an all-in-one solution! We had looked into Procare software but SmartCare looks like it will be a much better solution for us because of the low cost (can actually be paid by the parents, and...

Cons

Smartcare is a great idea overall and has some great features but needs some work.

The only benefit our school gains from this software is that parents have the ability to pay through their app, taking some of that responsibility out of our hands.

Pros

Smartcare has great features such as signing children in and out, and allowing parents to pay through their app.

Cons

Smartcare is a great concept for schools, however the inability to individually customize certain features to meet the needs of your own school creates a headache. For a company that bought out another company (Childcare Manager or CCM), I would've thought that more of CCM would have been imported. The thing I like the least about Smartcare is that there are too many different platforms that you have...

Just not pleased.

Very nice interactions with salesperson and support staff … the product just isn't what we expected.

Pros

Online payment option for families. QR scan code is great!

Cons

Classroom navigation - too many steps for simple daily tasks. Parent app is not visually pleasing. Not enough options for tracking staff benefits (vacation and sick time).

Elizabeth, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User...