Sycamore School Logo

Sycamore School Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend9.15/10

See full reviews by rating

Overall I like the product. My school has started using more of the functionality of the software and receiving announcements and other important information has been helpful.
They really are doing their best to help schools succeed. They have great integrations with google, which for us was one of the primary deciding reasons for going with them.
The system is very powerful; customer service is probably the most helpful that I have encountered. I love the ability to create transcripts and that these are kept on the system.
This proposes to be a complete management tool for elementary and high schools. It is so buggy that all the parents in our school absolutely hate it.
We had to go with a different accounting system (Quick Books Online) because we couldn't integrate it with Sycamore. Email is hard to manage at times.

Sycamore School users...

PowerSchool-logocaret
listing-logo

PowerSchool

How would you rate Sycamore School?

All your school information in one place

Parents can pay their child's tuition, lunch account balance and any other fees that may be due without having to go in the office.

Pros

I have been using this software for over 4 years. I am able to pay my child's tuition, check their lunch account and pretty much anything their teacher posts that I need to know. Easy to navigate and keep track of yearly expenses.

Cons

I have had a few problems logging in but was able to get help easily. Other than that I haven't had any issues.

Jessica, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a thoughtful review! We appreciate and welcome your feedback. We are happy to serve parents like you. Never hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns. Blessings to you! -Sycamore Education

Sycamore is a fantastic school management program.

It is so much easier to exchange information between different offices within our school.

Pros

Customer service is AWESOME! They are quick to respond and often make upgrades to the system based on our suggestions.

Cons

There are few features like church attendance and basic checklists within the grade book that I would love to see them add.

I use this program for all of our schools grades, student information and accounting.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and get around to keep my important information all in one place and to keep my accounting up to date.

Cons

That sometimes you have to ask for something to be changed because even as a super user I can not get things added or taken out.

Our school utilizes and loves Sycamore.

Pros

It is very user friendly for parents, teachers, students, and support staff. The app that has been created is wonderful.

Cons

I wish there would be a way to hide features we do not utilize. Sycamore offers many features for schools to use.

We have been very satisfied with the product and the support.

We have been very satisfied with the product and the support. It has met our expectations and beyond. We probably use only half of the features and are excited about the prospects of the implementing and expanding our school's effective using this product.

Pros

The conversion from our previous network-based program went flawlessly. We were up an running within a couple of weeks with the majority of the time just verifying data. Our main objective was to improve communication between school and home. Being a small school (<300 students), we were looking for the most inexpensive solution. We compared several of the competitors (e.g. Hunter's, RenWeb, Blackbaud, ACS, etc.) and found this to meet our needs. Our parents appreciate the built-in communication system between them and the school. The customer support is terrific. You can either phone or submit a support ticket online. They respond within 24 hours but most of time sooner.

Cons

The user interface is quirky at times. The button placements are not consistently located. It is a menu-driven interface as opposed to GUI though there is rumors of its soon release.

Excellent Customer Service/User Friendly

I would give them an excellent rating and would have no problem recommending Sycamore to any school looking for an online student management system.

Pros

I have been working in the education field for 25 years, 20 of them with the local public school system, and have used many different student management systems during that time. Being a small school, I worried when we implemented Sycamore Education because I knew that I was pretty much alone when it came to troubleshooting. No longer would I have an IT rep inhouse who could solve any problems I might have. I have been very happy with the customer service with Sycamore and the ease of use as well. I usually get an answer within 10 minutes any time I submit a ticket for technical help. They are also constantly adding upgrades to the program that are very helpful to the staff and the parents.

Cons

There have been very few things that our school personally wanted changed that were not feasible as other schools had not asked for the same changes. We have been able to work around them.

It’s a great teaching tool!

Pros

It’s very efficient for all my teaching needs!

Cons

There is really nothing I dislike about this software!

Sycamore Fan

I would highly recommend Sycamore. Our school has benefited so much from using Sycamore and are pleased with the decision we made to use this software. For the price, ease of use and great tech support/upgrades, it would be difficult to find anything better.

Pros

Sycamore is priced right and very user friendly. A huge advantage to the system is the technical support. We find the support staff provides great assistance with easy questions as well as more complex solutions. We appreciate their willingness to see us through to the end when we have an issue (even when it's self created). The web-based system provides easy access from anywhere which is a great feature. The system is continually being updated with no expensive upgrade charges which is great for sticking to a budget. Communication with families and among staff is made easy with Sycamore as well.

Cons

Not as much database flexibility (adding fields/tracking) as we woud like.

Super comprehensive school-management package

Great price for a FULL system to manage the entire K-12 spectrum, from facilities to student admissions...

Pros

Great Google integration (provisioning, email, calendar, classroom...). LOTS of features included in one package, no modules necessary. GREAT price!

Cons

No rotating-schedule ability. VERY obsolete user interface (think Windows 3.5). Other than those two factors, this could be one of the best school-management systems in the world!

Great tool for keeping track!

Pros

We use this at our child’s private school, it’s efficient for paying for her school lunches - eliminates the need to have her carry cash. All we do is add money via our PayPal account. We can also view her lunch menu from there and track her grades.

Cons

I wish there was an option to update account balances via our bank account. I guess at this time, PayPal is the only option. This is it a con but can be a potential inconvenience if PayPal is not working.

After careful evaluation, we chose Sycamore for our school's needs

WITHOUT A DOUBT, Sycamore Education was the right solution for our school. We evaluated 2 other systems and we are so very glad we chose Sycamore.

Pros

-support is rarely needed, but EXCEPTIONAL in times of need. support ticket response time averages 10 minutes. (yes...10 minutes, not 10 hours!) Support staff is EXCEPTIONAL. -easy for teachers, parents, & students to use -has become our "go-to" method of communication with the school family -ALL IN ONE! No "module" ridiculousness -no servers to maintain! -teachers have access 24/7, on or off-campus -SE is always improving their product and making the experience more and more user-friendly

Cons

-pictures aren't easy to upload (in SE's defense, photo-sharing is not their expertise)

Sycamore Review

I strongly recommend this to any school or school district. It is a fantastic resource for my school and my community.

Pros

Sycamore is an all encompassing administration software. It allows for great communication with teachers, students, staff, and parents. It includes just about all aspects of administering to a school. I am very pleased...

Cons

I would like to see one feature added to Sycamore. I would like to see an e-mail notification sent to parents as to when grades have been updated. I understand Sycamore's reasoning behind not doing that, however, in today's world, people need as many chances and excuses to log into Sycamore. I would like to see an e-mail stating that their students grades have been updated and a link to log onto sycamore.

NMCS thinks Sycamore Education is AWESOME!

Our school would HIGHLY recommend sycamore education, we've used other systems and have NEVER had such an easy time converting over to a new system. Even though training is not available, you don't need it. Sycamore Education is so simple to use. Thanks Sycamore - NMCS LOVES Sycamore Education!

Pros

Ease of system Reports Tech support Quick response to personalized needs My Teachers LOVE IT! Has so much to offer beside attendance and grades

Cons

We have not had any issues with this system. Any changes we've needed have been addressed quickly.

Clarification: Training videos and manuals are accessible within the system for all users. If more personal training is desired, administrator and teacher training sessions can be scheduled. This is done via webinar for a minimal fee. A proposal for on-site training can also be requested.

User friendly

I recommend Sycamore Education to any school who wishes to increase the daily communication between teachers and parents.

Pros

Sycamore Education is very easy to use. It makes communicating grades to parents so easy. A parent can log on at their leisure and check on grades for their student. The Pass-A-Note option is very handy, as well. I communicate hourly with parents and fellow faculty using Pass-A-Notes. I often print reports of students grades to go home, and in a few clicks can email that same report directly to parents!

Cons

It takes a little while to learn to navigate the ins and outs of everything. After a few quarters it becomes like second nature. I just KNOW where everything is.

St. Barbara School appreciates the integration of gradebooks and family information.

Overall, Sycamore Education provides a quality product which allows St. Barbara School to use online support to keep our families current on student progress and family account information. Additionally, parents can keep their contact information up to date enabling ease of communication of events, fundraising, and schedules. Customer service is very helpful, knowledgeable. and supportive of enhancements. A recent upgrade to online enrollment facilitated registering new and returning families and helps the admissions office to track the status of our families in the registration process. The integration of different software into Sycamore Education has also saved the school money and enables our parents to go to one site for their school information needs.

Cons

As a Catholic High School with limited resources, we found Sycamore Education to have the most.

As a Catholic High School with limited resources, we found Sycamore Education to have the most bang for the buck. We did exhaustive research and evaluation of other products and Sycamore delivered the most features that met our needs. Our faculty, staff, and families have widely accepted Sycamore, praise its features, and it has quickly become the center of how we get things done at Bishop Machebeuf High School.

Pros

Web interface is speedy Training is easy and intuitive Implementation and customer support are exceptional Openness to innovation, enhancements

Cons

Master Scheduler isn't as robust as I would like to see it, but a new version is set to be released soon, which is a testament to the continual improvement of this product.

Master Schedule interface was introduced in 2009.

Sycamore is a LifeSaver and Alicia is a Life Guard!

This being the first year of our school, we were doing EVERYTHING by hand. Sycamore Education gave us everything we need and more. We love the fact that the software is still growing and changing so we can add tweaks to make the functions just right for us. Alicia is the best thing that happened to us this year. She held our hand through the entire process, repeated things when we couldn't get it right and was always readily available when we called. She helped make our first year successful. Thank you, Alicia. Thank you Sycamore! (She needs a raise!)

Cons

Meshell, Thank you for the kind words! We'll be sure to pass along your high praise for Alicia so that she (and the rest of the company) know how helpful she was. -Sycamore

Difficult to maneuver but with many features.

Pros

You can do everything on this SIS program. It's very versatile. Logging on is simple and creating accounts is quick. It's a good communication tool.

Cons

It's so difficult to maneuver! You need to take many steps to complete one task. He parents do not usually log on because of the complicated user interface.

Sycamore is an ever evolving tool that has become a very important information portal for school .

Sycamore has changed the way we take care of the day to day business at our school. It helps us track all of the documentation we need to manage our students and teachers. Sycamore is continually upgrading and adding features to make the program more user friendly. The only negative aspect has been parent participation. Many parents complain they can't get on, or they can't find information, etc. I know many of these are excuses but I wish there was some way to force interaction with the parent. One change I would love to see made would be to be able to respond to a pass a note through email, when it is received through email. This would avoid having to log on to respond to a parent.

Absolutely the Best!

Our school implemented Sycamore three years ago. Surprisingly, teachers and administrators embraced it without resistance. To have a user friendly student information system without the need to pay extra for additional modules is unprecedented. You name it and Sycamore has it We are a college preparatory high school and Sycamore has more than we need. Furthermore, students and parents have been nothing but complimentary. Between ease of use, efficient support and extensive usability, Sycamore is an easy choice. Add in the low cost in comparison to other student information systems, and it's a no brainer.

Cons

Sycamore Education: Excellent Product, Excellent Service, Reasonable Price!

I highly recommend the site. It's functional, easy to use, VERY affordable and the people working there have been just phenomenal.

Pros

-Excellent customer service. Their contact person for us (Nancy) has been very receptive to our needs and is an outstanding communicator for Sycamore. -Incredibly fast response to support tickets. Almost instantaneous. -Flexible! They have been willing to work with us to modify to some specific needs we have. -Simple to use. Once you learn a few key areas, it's so easy.

Cons

-Needs an aesthetic facelift/tweak.

Complete package

Pros

I love that all I require to get things done with my child's school is in one place - student info, lunch booking, payments etc.

Cons

None at this time. Everything needs is well integrated into one great app.

Sycamore Best Bang for your buck

Overall our School users are happy with Sycamore. I would recommend this product as a cost effective way to get your school up and running on cloud computing. There is no software to maintain and minimal start up costs.

Pros

- All in one System - Customer support is quite responsive - No software to upgrade, No servers to back up - Very feature rich - Cost effective all in one solution for Schools of all sizes

Cons

- Many reports are available and Dynamic reports are great but need the ability to save Dynamic report definitions.

Saint Andrew Academy, Louisville Kentucy Review of Sycamore

I have not experienced such fantastic pr and customer care before. You and your company have done a great job in developing your program from every level making the transition to the system just about seamless. Any problem we have had has been corrected, responded to, and met. We continue to find ways to maximize our use of the new system too, making the overall system itself very 21st century which is what I really like!

Cons

Warning School Admins - Their App is worthless - nothing is accurate / up to date

For the first half of this school year the app was just unstable (uh-oh message like other reviewers) but at least I could keep trying and eventually get info. For the last few weeks the grades listed for my children are inaccurate and the missing assignments are from last quarter. (Similar to other reviews.) The website is well done but the app is junk. Google play shows the last update was 8/23/13. I wonder if the schools purchasing the software, with the promise of a handy app for parents, know how bad the app is.

Cons

Chris, Great news! We've updated our mobile app significantly for both iOS and Android devices so that you aren't seeing out-of-date information ever again. In addition, we've made things more streamlined and easy to use for your convenience. We're looking forward to your utilization of the new mobile app!