Thinkific

Create, market and sell online courses with Thinkific

Thinkific Reviews - Page 3

Ramp Up Quickly

Very good

Pros

Thinkific is easy to use and allows your courses to be up and running quickly. It is less cumbersome than other options, has amazing features enabling you to deliver a professional look and experience to your customers, and support is excellent.

Cons

The inability to delete courses once someone has registered. The need to copy the course to allow early access, but it does not carry over once the actual course starts. That course registration can't be set to automatically begin and end.

I like it but I still struggle to set up my course

support and tutorials are great also the summits and the generosity

Pros

it has most of my desired features I find it a little complicated to use although the support is great and so are the tutorials did not try to integrate with other apps...

Cons

compared to other softwares I am used to create or design something, I find the surface a little outdated and for me it’s complicated to find my way through to set everything up. that is the reason for why it is sitting there for more than a year without me having created one single course :-(

Think thinkific

Overall positive but worthwhile investing in customer support in the southern hemisphere

Pros

It was easy to use and navigate and a popular tool for people to share their knowledge online.

Cons

The international connect to customer support with time zone differences between Canada and Australia.

All you need to kickstart your online courses business without breaking the bank

I am very satisfied with Thinkific. I was able to have a professional way to sell online courses in a few days and without much effort in setting up the pages and systems. Very good value for money.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use. Whether it's the process of storing, structuring and promoting courses, or engaging and paying affiliates who promote them. Apart from the design that could be improved, the user experience (from end to end) is simple and intuitive.

Cons

The design/interface of the course pages is not very modern when compared to other alternatives and has limited customization options. It lacks features for creating and boosting a community (increasingly important these days).

Enabled to set up online art courses for 200+ students.

I've been able to sell multiple learning products to 200+ students. This has enabled them to learn and see their progress as they go. It has also allowed me to create and use quizzes for my students.

Pros

This software is quite flexible and enabled me to take over 200 students through 15 learning modules. Each module has multiple videos and pictures. Thinkific enabled me to include assignments, which I used Airtable to integrate with. Enrolling students in that course is extremely simple.

Cons

There are no big cons with Thinkific. That said, the progress bar has been confusing for some of our students. Replaying courses can be slightly confusing for them too.

How Thinkific Changed My Life For The Better..

Pros

The best thing about Thinkific is they push you to finish your course. I needed that extra push! There are some many things to learn in business that people want to learn and people want to teach what they know. I am taking a course to learn how to teach a course. Online learning is the future.

Cons

I think that their sign-up and sign in page could use improving. There is always going to be room for improvements, I hope people are able to get past issues, as nothing is perfect. There is a saying in the startup world that says " If your product is perfect you launched too late."

Very good

It is one of the best platform for educator

Pros

The quizzes and ease to upload video lecture

Cons

No cons, it is very good, and provide best platform for educator

Thinkific is a well polished Learning Management System

Thinkific is an excellent platform for creating and selling online courses. It is really easy to use and offers a lot of features that make designing & delivering courses an absolute breeze...not to mention the other numerous benefits it offers. If you can bear the monthly subscription cost, definitely chose thinkific over other Learning Management Systems.

Pros

The UI/UX is well developed and it feels premium. - Ability to create memberships & Bundles - Website Builder - Affiliate Center - Community feature is awesome (your can create your own Private community/space) - Overall analysis (revenue, order, Student engagements etc.) - Drip content is cool (Publish your content/material on specific day or time) - Certificates after completion of the course - Ability to create assignments, Quizes & Surveys

Cons

- Lack of mobile app, It is handy to learn using mobile phone - It's Expensive, Difficult to bear the cost if you are just starting -

Fun and valuable for online classes

Generally happy with the tool. We have used it a lot and our students loved it!

Pros

This is another of those tools that we began to use only during the Pandemic and it has been a life saver. Classes were more fun, entertaining and easy especially for our older students. Teachers loved using it to create their classes and share their content.

Cons

Some other similar software has been free to use, but Thinkific has a basic package that you have to pay for. The price is not crazy but considering circumstances I think prices should had been lowered.

Wait, Free? Permanently Free? Whoo hoo!

Overall a great way to get started. Very helpful, does integrate with most platforms and has so really beautiful templates.

Pros

Thinkific will let you start producing courses for free and keep them free forever. Really, this is a great way to learn course development without spending a dime. Just you doing your stuff for your audience. No risk other than your time. Just get started already!

Cons

While the free version is nice you will quickly see how all the other features will help you build an audience. If you don't have an email list and a place to sell your course already you might want to rethink the free version. Who is going to see your course, how will you promote it? If you create it they will not come unless you find a way to get their attention.

Great interface

Intuitive and easy to use! They nailed the course creation experience, in my opinion.

Pros

User and admin interface are easy to use and very intuitive. I feel like it's much better than Teachable or Kajabi in terms of UI. Also very easy to design your curriculum and draft your courses. You can make a sales page with a countdown timer in minutes, which is great to use for quick launches.

Cons

Page blocks for sales pages are not as customizable as I want it to be, although honestly, it's very clean design-wise.

Customer Service is Horrid

In the days of Covid, with so many things happening to small businesses- THinkific has been the WORST to deal with. Just bad. So many other vendors are eager to help us adapt to all that is changing - not Thinkific. Just try to talk to a real person. Good luck.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up - as long as you don't want to have helpers.

Cons

HORRID for anyone working with a few helpers... they want to rape you on fees for additional admins. Can't remove/archive past offerings Customer service SUCKS.

The perfect platform

Super easy to use. User interface is simple so even people who are new to creating an online program will feel super smart and like they have the best tool.

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of setting things up in Thinkific. You can have multiple courses in the platform, making it easy for your clients and students to keep their learning in one place.

Cons

There isn't anything I didn't like about Thinkific.

Superior online course building platform to others I've used

Pros

The Thinkific interface is so user friendly. The weekly trainings with Aaron have been critical to building my confidence in working with Thinkific and getting started. I love the left side bar menu - so easy to use for setting up and building landing page. The ease of integration is also well done.

Cons

I'm experienced at building websites with Wordpress and have a fair bit of experience with HTML coding, and yet, I find having to customize the landing pages with HTML (i.e. finding the line of code, etc.) way too complicated and time consuming. I'm looking forward to the upgrade that I hear is coming out soon. That is the only con I can think of at this time.

Great way to monetize my social media platform

I would highly recommend Thinkific as a e-course platform for therapists.

Pros

I loved that I had the option to host a few free courses. This let me minimize my losses...something that I have dealt with in previous projects.

Cons

I wish that there were easier integrations for credit card transactions...mainly managing sales tax.

No better way to help people grow.

Thinkific allows me to put down my idea from countless meetings and classes into a format that I can reuse time after time. You can easily add chapters, consolidate info, add PDFs and add videos. The testing and polling is a great way of ensuring you students are retaining the information. Being able to add the widget to your own website is extremely helpful to help you build your brand while utilizing what Thinkific does best. The fact that it is free while I work on monetizing shows that they are betting on the success Thinkific will bring. Great tool and I am excited for the success to follow.

Pros

I love the ease of use.

Cons

I wish they had stock photos right in the website. The do suggest free stock sites to use.

Hey Brendan, thank you so much for the lovely review. So glad that we can help you and we're looking forward to your success too!

Fantastic Learning Platform

One of the best things about Thinkific is they have a totally free play, which makes it a very low-risk way to start building a learning platform.

Pros

All around the great platform, easy to use, and intuitive for both the end-user and course creator. Love it.

Cons

Not much bad I can say. One thing that is a bit of a pro and con is that it integrates with accredible.com. It's a pro if you are already using accredible.com, its a con if you want to offer certificates but aren't using accredible.com. I say it's a con because you have to manage it outside of the Thinkific platform which is a little less intuitive than being able to do it directly in Thinkific.

A Fortunate Find

I spent around 5 weeks full-time looking at possible platforms for my micro-business, and studied maybe 50-60 platforms. It was immediately obvious that Thinkific was what I needed based on dozens of reviews which I read carefully.

Pros

Easy to use; simple, customer service fast response.

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about this software.

Amazing Course Platform.

Pros

In the free trial, you have a bunch of options, and you can create a perfectly working course even for free.

Cons

It was hard for the first time to personalize colours, it would have been easier to allow it to do on product page also, not only from dashboard.

Solid program.

Pros

I like that I was easily able to take my idea, and turn it into a course with this software. It is an easy to use software, and I am able to showcase my courses with students and other professionals with absolute ease! I found that the you do have to pay a bit of money once you really start rolling with it, but in my opinion it is well worth it!

Cons

I have yet to find issue with this software, it has been nothing but good to me thus far!

Thinkifc is a good starter LMS

Pros

I think its easy to use and I like the fact that they have a free option for course creators who are just getting started.

Cons

There are limitations with the functionality. For instance, there is not a full sales funnel integration like what kajabi has. But I think they are priced accordingly.

Good product, bad sales and customer support teams

Pros

The product is good and easy to integrate to our website.

Cons

The customer support team is not responsive at all. We encountered several issues and couldn’t launch the course. When we contacted. The support/ account management team we didn’t hear back from them. It’s very difficult to work with this company. It’s a pity because the product is not bad, however, if you encounter any issues, you cannot rely on their support at all.

Amazing Course Builder for new users

I’ve done a lot of online courses, so when it came to designing my own I had strong ideas about what I wanted it to look like for my students. Thinkific is easy to learn, has great customization and superb customer service. Even on the free plan they answer your questions immediately and incorporate feedback you give them in their updates.

Pros

Easy to learn. Amazing customer service. Frequent updates.

Cons

Some of the customization requires coding. The help library sometimes doesn’t have what your looking for.

I haven't found a perfect elearning platform, but Thinkific is pretty close!

I haven't sold any classes yet, but that's due to a lack of marketing on my part. Thinkific has been great. The company made it easy for me to understand how to create a course and made itself very available to me whenever I needed help.

Pros

I think Thinkific is user friendly. I didn't have a problem setting my class up and understanding how the site works.

Cons

I wish I did Thinkific did some of the marketing for me. But, to be honest, sites that do that take a much bigger chunk of profits, so it's fair.

Suits every level of expertise and usage is quite simple

Used for the online learning program I organize for my clients. It's so easy to setup, registration and links are easy to create

Pros

The price range, one could even get a free

Cons

No one on one training feature on thinkific