Thinkific

Create, market and sell online courses with Thinkific

Thinkific Reviews - Page 5

Thinkific is a fantastic LMS for anybody who wants to teach online

Pros

I highly recommend Thinkific to anybody who wants to build an online course. Other LMS platforms are focused on enterprise space, or require a bunch of tech professionals to set it up for you. For thinkific, I recommended it to 50+ year old teachers who were able to navigate the platform and build courses. It's incredibly easy!

Cons

Not much. Thinkific does have a short learning curve, which they cover in their training. But it's pretty drag and drop.

A great way to dip your toe into online courses

Pros

I absolutely love that your first course is completely free. I wasn't sure if anyone would even purchase my course, so I didn't want to spend $500 a year on something that might make me $50. The user interface is crazy easy, and I love all the free features. It feels like there are a lot of quality features on the paid version (automatic certificates, coupons, etc.), but the free version is completely useable.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't really had any issues yet. There are a few times I had to Google how to do something, but the answer popped up instantly.

User and budget friendly course software

Overall as someone who just is looking to build a simple course this is a great platform

Pros

You can pretty much build your whole course for free so it's very budget-friendly and as you grow your company and clients so you can add on features that come with the plans

Cons

I am not very happy with some of the design features, I think it can be a little bit better. I also think in terms of features for the teachers can be better as well.

Updates keep knocking out our data

Twice our landing page was changed due to software upgrades made by Thinkific. Clearly, they are not testing their software enough before pushing upgrades. It would be fine if it were something not public facing but the landing page and title of the site? Not good. Started out strong but really lost our trust. Maybe ok for part-time or hobbyist but cannot trust a business to them.

Pros

Easy to use. Seemed like a good idea.

Cons

They do not test updates enough and twice have completed changed our landing page without our knowledge or consent (rolled back to old data or knocked out customization completely). Is too steep to pay for something we can't trust our business to.

Beauty in a platform

I am taking courses so am a user on this program and from a perspective of student its great and easy to manage.

Pros

layout is great easy to use friendly spaces

Cons

doesn't appear to be mobile friendly images seem stretched

Not the prettiest, but gets the job done

Pros

Can easily get started and put your course up and available for enrollment. Like the theme options made available.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, where it is difficult to navigate and adjust video playback. Not as aesthetically pleasing.

Good for a mid-tier product

Thinkific is a great way to deliver education and training.

Pros

It's easy to use and very intuitive if you've never built an LMS before. I had a good experience with it compared with similarly priced software.

Cons

There were some feature that did not always work as they should. For example, sometimes video would not upload properly.

Think no more! Great course platform!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the versatility of​ multi-media courses.

Cons

I got a little confused with certain branding things but they give great help.

The course creation concept is good, but I have to pass

I'm happy about what they're doing for course creators in general, but this platform ended up not being for me.

Pros

Creating a platform that allows your "average Joe" to be able to create a course from home and sell it online even if they don't have the "proper credentials" and "certificates" to do so, is a wonderful thing!

Cons

I tried Thinkific and I found it to be too clunky to work with and I did not like how the landing pages ended up looking on this platform for my courses. I also found it NOT EASY to get started with.

Incredible online platform

It has enabled me to have the confidence to grow my online teaching business with their Entrepreneurs Growth Fine I highly recommend them.

Pros

This software is so friendly to use.It has lots of features like you can upload PDfs videos and much more.The interface is very pleasing and inviting.Also they have a wealth of tutorials to get you going and they are easy to follow.

Cons

Can’t really fault it that much How ever would of liked a slightly more cheaper plan .

Course creation made easy

It makes creating course content for my clients easy and fun because I have so many different options in how I can present the information to them.

Pros

The software offers many different ways to present your course information to your customers. It's really easy to navigate and the tutorial at the beginning of the account setup is very helpful.

Cons

I would love it if the software had the ability to create single products for example PDF products or books or guides.

Easy to use, even by non-technicals !

Pros

I have several courses in Thinkific and Also I'm teaching my audience how to make their own Thinkific Courses! Works Great so far, for me and for them. It does have everything that you need - Making your Course Paid, Free, Unlocking just some of the lessons, or even just make different types of lessons.

Cons

You are not able to translate every part of the course/website, however, is not that big deal.

The platform that gives you everything

Thinkific is a very sophisticated platform with all the necessary stuff for course creators. Wonderful UI, smooth and fast working. Their plans are realistic and the feature lists are awesome. They have good quality educational videos and also a helpful support team. I was investigating other platforms too, but they are the best price/value solution.

Simple, straightforward, effective

My course was up and running in a week (after I made it) without me having to think and organize landing page, payment methods, download pages, etc.

Pros

Easy to understand and use; it guides you through a predefined pattern customized for the provisioning of online course

Cons

Few customizations available.... but it in some cases it's better so! If you like to make your own pages, you know html/wordpress etc you may want to develop your own platform

Decent Mid-Range Platform

Pros

The Free option gives a decent amount of features to let a budget-restricted organization test the waters and yet create something of quality. Room to grow, options to increase capability and audience.

Cons

At the higher end plans, there are other platforms out there that have greater compatibility to sync between systems. Do your research and be sure you are getting the most features and quality for your budget.

Very easy to use

Pros

I've been dreaming about creating my own online class and it felt like an overwhelming task. They made it very easy and doable for me. I'm not computer savvy at all and their program is extremely user friendly.

Cons

More payment options would be nice. Also, itt would be nice if we could record our voice directly into the class (like you can do with a text) and not just download a recording.

Great tool for building and deploying educational courses and content

Pros

The ease of use of the software is definitely the best aspect of Thinkific.

Cons

I found numerous bugs and availability issues during my use of the software. Hopefully over time this will improve greatly. There are a few growing pains with all of the recent changes to the way our nation delivers learning.

Quality course building software

Setting up a course and getting started quickly is a plus with Thinkific.

Pros

The dashboard is easy to use. Setting up a course is straightforward and there are plenty of tutorials if you get stuck.

Cons

I had a tough time with the site builder. I found it cumbersome and limiting compared to other builders with few customizations. The site themes are nice but limited as well.

from the perspective of a student

I thought the online class was using its own software, the branding was that well integrated that the experience was seamless.

Pros

It was impressively easy to walk through a course at my own pace, keep track of where I was at, and learned a lot along the way.

Cons

I can't think of any cons from my experience taking a course that used Thinkific. The entire experience was a positive one.

Great service that is easy to use

I think the platform is great, I left because I changed that portion of my business and the online course became irrelevant for me at this time. I will definitely be back to the platform once I launch the updated courses,

Pros

Simple to use, easy to create the landing pages and connected easily with my website

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the product

Love it!

Pros

It's one of those softwares that you didn't even realise you need till you come across it and after using it you realise what a brilliant and helpful app it is. Thinkific is actually really great especially for someone like me who was just starting out with courses

Cons

Discussion forum definitely needs some work

Think less, and be efficient with Thinkfic

Delivering digital marketing courses to entrepreneurs

Pros

I like that it provides an easy to use product deliver platform, which the users get good benefits from. You can setup reminders and that encourages users to go back if they left a course.

Cons

Have not really much bad to say other than even more functionality could be in place, but it is really nice as it is.

Wow customer service

The product did not work for my needs, after I had already purchased it. I discontinued my subscription in less than 24 hours. Most companies would not refund the payment as it was my fault, however these guys did immediately upon request. I as beyond impressed. Thank you.

Pros

customer service was outstanding and helpful

Cons

the tutorial videos don't match up to the current website

Used this software to develop training courses for on-boarding.

Good for holding course and training content for on-boarding.

Pros

Free-trial allows you to upload course content (a good amount) and make available to new-hires in training.

Cons

Uploading video content is limited to size and file type. A few times certain video's would not play or only play a few minutes and crash.

Great Site

Overall a good experience. There customer support and training videos is great.

Pros

Easy to plan a course on the free plan. Easy to get in contact with someone.

Cons

Needs more functionality for the landing page. Not as easy to build. Limited features for adding text and images.