TutorCruncher Logo

Business management for tutoring companies

TutorCruncher Reviews

Suggested alternatives

acuity-scheduling
wellnessliving
simplybook-me

They even developed a video conference integration themselves to resolve the program I have with other integrations. Best part it, its free of charge (I hope it stay this way).
Very responsive and helpful team, provides prompt response to your questions. Great functionalities compared to other LMS systems out there for managing a tutoring service.
The software is great but even better than that is the customer service provided by reps. They are always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.
The customer pipelines are pretty terrible and it is annoying that I have to also pay for a pipedrive subscription in addition to Tutorcruncher. The analytics could also go into a little more depth.
There are a few things that we have found confusing. Firstly, we have encountered this issue that sometimes not all the emails are sent out to our students.
This was the missing piece in the jigsaw of our business.

Arthur K.

Chief Executive Officer

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it

Transcript

Arthur: Hello, I'm Arthur. I'm an entrepreneur. I would rate TutorCruncher four out of five. For more...

SX

Stanley X.

Manager

Education Management, self-employed

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

Transcript

Stanley X.: Hi. I'm Stanley, I'm a business manager. I give TutorCruncher a four out of five. For more...

Tim K.

Education Management,

There aren't too many software providers you'd like to get a beer with

Too many to mention! They helped us scale, grow and manage a database of 140 clients and maintain intimate connections.

Pros

The customer support on this software is the best I have experienced. We launched our private tutoring service with 0 clients and 10 tutors and they were incredibly supportive and diligent from day 1 helping us towards success. Today they resolved a software error in less than an hour. They've thought of nearly everything in the software and I'm a massive fan of their iconic socket. I understand TutorCruncher is now facing several competitors but I can only give the highest most sincere recommendations.

Cons

The software is fantastic, a few nit picky improvements could be: pagination in TutorCruncher socket and ability to create seperate TutorCruncher socket for different types of tutors. BOTH of which I have been informed are coming soon. AKA How good?!

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! Scalability plays a big role in our design philosophy and we are happy to read that we could help you to scale, grow and and manage a growing database of 140 clients. We are continuing to improve TutorCruncher Socket and look forward to you using more of its functionality. Thanks again!

AD

Ajla D.

Best software

I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

MT

Michelle T.

LINKZ TC Review

Overall we are happy with the services thus far.

Pros

I like that this software organizes our clients and students better than before. I like being able to run our invoice and payment through it as well.

Cons

There are some features that I wish were available. For instance being able to make global changes to select areas. I would also like to be able to split a bill between 2 clients separately for the same shared student (ie divorced parents) I would also like to have the option to have both parents names listed in the student section without having to create 2 separate clients There also seems to be an issue with the accounting area not being accurate on the Tutor Payment side of things.

Hi Michelle, Thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear that you are enjoying TutorCruncher! We will be sure to pass the suggestions you have made regarding improving billing onto our developers. Thanks again!

MC

Miles C.

Game Changer: Simple, Fast and Easy to Use

Really good customer support. It makes managing large teams of tutors, the sales pipeline and the recruitment process a breeze.

Pros

The split payment system is brilliant - it make accounting much easier.

Cons

I'd like to be able to more easily edit the look and feel of TutorCruncher to customise it to my own brand.

Hi Miles, your feedback means a lot to us, and we're really glad you're enjoying our services. We have recently released a brand new feature for you - 'Custom Theming' so be sure to check that out!

AK

Alexander K.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business

Pros

Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher Simple job/lessons workflow Easy customizable forms and workflows

Cons

Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization Hosting option is too expensive Should provide customer support in US timezones

Hi Alexander, Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too. Thanks again, Fionn

LD

Lizbeth D.

Highly Recommend

Pros

TutorCruncher is a wonderful Tutoring Platform for any size business. I own a small tutoring business and this has been a reliable resource the company uses every day. The organization and layout of the client and student information is great. Tracking of lessons, reporting, and invoicing features are vital and are presented in a user-friendly way. There are many options to integrate other great platforms such as Zoom for virtual lessons. Additionally, the customization features are extensive. Overall, exceptional.

Cons

Starting out with this platform can be a bit rough. The categorization and functionality are challenging to get used to at first. However, there is a magnificent support team including [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that guides a new user through the platform and how to get the most out of it, also troubleshoot any concerns.

Hi Lizbeth, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped your tutoring agency & the switch hasn't been too difficult. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros

It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons

Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform. We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

MA

Mohammad A.

Tutorcruncher review

Has allowed us to solve many problems and make running our business easier. We've gone from using 4-5 excel sheets, to managing everything on a cleaner platform on TutorCruncher, which has led to much less hours spent on menial tasks.

Pros

It has made our life easier in terms of managing our tutoring company. We can organise our timteable, lesson reports, invoices, and sales/leads all on one platform

Cons

Sometimes lacks customisability, eg when formatting emails, invoices, etc

Hi Mohammad, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! Glad you're enjoying the platform and we look forward to continue working together in the future :)

CM

Callie M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Excellent system for tutor management

Excellent time saver.

Pros

The set up is easy and once done has saved me lots of time with scheduling tutors, requesting payments and managing new clients within my small organisation. My clients are happy with their side of the system, which was the most important aspect for me.

Cons

The overall design could be improved as it does look a little dated.

Hi Callie, your feedback means a lot to us, and we're really glad you're enjoying our services. If you ever have any more thoughts or questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Timothy C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Amazing team and great piece of software to work with

TutorCruncher have been a fantastic team to work with, very helpful in their suggestions and responses, very willing to listen to feedback, and are constantly making improvements to their products and services. Looking forward to continuing to work with and use the software in the years to come.

Pros

As a developer, it has been both easy and fun to write extra utility functions to integrate with the TutorCruncher APIs (https://github.com/unegma/tutorcruncher-utilities)

Cons

As with any piece of software, there are always features and functionalities which are still in development, but we are excited to see where TC will be in a year or so, and we are well on the way to giving 5 stars.

Hi Timothy, Thanks for your review, we are very happy to hear that you are enjoying using out API. As I am sure you are aware, we are under constant development, we too very excited about big features our team are working on behind the scenes!

WW

Wallace W.

Double the productivity

My business has about 20 classes. TutorCruncher helps me most in scheduling and billing.

Pros

- Reasonably easy to use - Make scheduling of my - Integrate the class schedules seamlessly with Google Calendar - Integration with Stripe - Account for the time zone difference for my teachers and students - Simplify the billing process - Chat support very helpful

Cons

- When you try to list items, such as jobs, students, and parents, while you can use different filters, it doesn't let you sort the order of appearance. For example, you can't list them in alphabetical order.

Hi Wallace, We are very happy to hear that you are like our system and are enjoying a variety of the features we have to offer. Thank you for your feedback on areas we can improve, this is something our developers will look into updating and improving!

SD

Sarah D.

Impacting our productivity

The team at TutorCruncher are responsive and provide support in a variety of ways. Their knowledge base is really user friendly and the team members themselves have consistently made themselves available to provide specific support and respond to queries as we have made them. I very much appreciate the collaborative approach, particularly in relation to the development of new features and system improvements.

Pros

TutorCruncher has made a significant difference to our activity as a business - a range of functions that have really helped us to centralise information, run and provide analytics for a range of stakeholders and have robust records for delivery, client payments and tutor payments etc. Functionality such as the creation of enrolment forms that can be embedded onto our webpages has improved customer experience significantly.

Cons

There are some nuances to the software that we didn't necessarily appreciate the value of in our initial set up phase, which we are now backtracking on! It would be great to have the 'availability' function track across all branches within the organisation so that branch managers can see the full picture of tutor availability. Similarly, it would be great if there could be a process of cloning/duplicating JOBS - this would be a major timesaver for the way that we use the system currently.

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

RC

Rory C.

Great piece of software

The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

Pros

Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

Cons

We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

LH

Leila H.

Fantastic platform

I would recommend TutorCruncher to any organization that has a high number of contractors and does not want their software costs to be tied to that. The responsiveness of the TutorCruncher team is also unparalleled.

Pros

As an organization with many contractors that work as tutors, TutorCruncher offered the best pricing plan for us. Aside from the versatility of the platform which makes it very flexible in meeting our needs, one of the absolute best aspects of TutorCruncher is the user/customer support. The TutorCruncher team is by far the most responsive team I have ever dealt with as a customer: they are quick to provide fixes and feature updates when requested.

Cons

Some features on the platform are a bit cumbersome to use and aren’t as flexible as we’d like them to be.

Thanks for the lovely review Leila! We look forward to continue working with you in the future :)

MH

Mohammed H.

Quick feedback

It has helped us grow as a business

Pros

Very comprehensive set of features, ease by which you can scale a business with Tutor Cruncher

Cons

SMS flexibility, the ability to email specific jobs etc

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Mohammed! We hope the platform will continue to help your business grow in the future :)

AL

Adrian L.

TutorCruncher is Excellent

TutorCruncher is an excellent software package that collates all the tutoring information you require in one central place. It has been an invaluable tool to help us provide tutoring to disadvantaged children along the length and breadth of the UK. We have no hesitation at all in recommending TutorCruncher.

Pros

The analytic function that provides real time information is truly excellent and allows you to keep on-top of your business. The system also provides helpful integration between tutor payments and billing to paying clients. It provides a fantastic repository for information about tutors, lessons and clients which is absolutely essential for any tutoring business.

Cons

The integration between TutroCruncher and our website is not as smooth as it could be. But we have overcome that with other software.

Thanks for the great review Adrian! We look forward to continue working with you in the future :)

April B.

An affordable software that is great for business management.

I was able to quickly connect my students with tutors that could help them with their specific needs involving coursework.

Pros

This software is super affordable and is a bargain when considering all of the extra features that you receive. I am a huge fan of the fact that the software is accessible from almost anywhere using any device including my cellphone. The monthly pricing system is great as it allows my company to purchase a subscription for as many months as we see fit instead of being stuck with it if we do not like, fortunately this software meets all requirements for both teacher and students.

Cons

The biggest downside to using this software is the fact that I can not host it on my own domain. I wish that this were possible, but at this time it is not. I also would like to see a cheaper support option initiated.

Hi April, thanks for taking the team to leave us a review. We are glad you think that TutorCruncher is priced to give you great value at the same time as meeting all your core needs. We do have an Enterprise price plan which allows you to have your system accessed via your own domain, though this is a premium service which we discuss on a case by case basis. Additionally, our dedicated support service is excellent value for money given the level of insight and engagement on offer. I would encourage you to take a look at these areas!

RS

Rahil S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Great software to manage a tutoring company

Have been using TutorCruncher for 3+ years and would recommend it to others.

Pros

Can run most aspects of a tutoring business using TutorCruncher, in particular managing a team of tutors and matching clients and students, inputting and scheduling lessons, and dealing with invoices and payment orders. Has good online whiteboard intergrations and an API. Customer support is excellent and new features and constantly added.

Cons

Could be slightly more customisable and some users find the UX complicated at first.

Hi Rahil, thank you so much for your valued feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you're happy with the system.

BB

Bella B.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Tutorcruncher system is very quick and easy to learn

Pros

As someone who helps with running a tutoring company, tutorcruncher has helped us in many aspects of our company. From keeping track of enquiries and tutoring jobs to helping sort out payments with ease. It's very quick and easy to figure out the system, and great to use.

Cons

A feature that would be helpful is perhaps an ability to integrate with Monday.com, and also to link an email to send information to when a client/tutor updates their profile.

Hi Bella, Thanks for the great review! We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

CM

Chiara M.

Good software

Tutorcruncher isn't perfect yet but it has a lot of potential and I have faith that the team behind it can get it close to, if not perfect.

Pros

The range of features make this software really useful and I would really recommend it - I really like that this manages lesson delivery, scheduling, invoicing, jobs board, analytics, etc. I also am impressed with the customer service and can see that the team behind it is working hard to constantly improve.

Cons

Hi Chiara, Thanks so much for your review! It is really great to hear that you enjoy our CRM features! We are always looking for feedback from our users. So please feel free to get in touch with us about what we could do the improve our client pipeline.

FN

Florian N.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Amazing and extremely helpful software!

Pros

The software provides almost every function you could wish as a tutoring agency. Bugs are fixed immediately and the after sales service is great. These Features is going to help any tutoring Company all over the world to increase their income and decrease their costs.

Cons

Only one Point, and only interesting for a few of you: Unfortunately, the software is still not translated into German. Maybe Tutorcruncher should consider this soon, there is a huge tutoring agency market in the German speaking countries like Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a fantastic review, Florian. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and that it helps you grow your business. Thanks again!

11-50 employees

Great software; the single platform where tutors, managers, clients and students can refer to

Central platform for all parties concerned in a tutorial company.

Pros

- Functionality - creates and records lessons accurately - Feedback system - especially fits with our business

Cons

- Ease of use - it's sometimes confusing when you want to edit previous lessons, such as deleting them, changing their feedbacks and such. Sometimes you can click into a lesson that says "Editable" but then you cannot delete it. Would be better if the rules around how lessons can be cancelled/deleted are more clear.

Hello there, thank you very much for your review. We are glad that TutorCruncher helps your business to manage different areas of the business, such as managing relationships with your tutors, clients and students. It is also good to know that you find the lesson report system useful when you record lessons. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCruncher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

JH

Jessica H.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Getting accustomed to TutorCruncher as a new platform has been very easy.

built in invoicing and credit tracking features for client accouts.

Pros

Many features are intuitive to use and don't require a lot of training. Whether its administrative features, client features or tutor features, I am able to easily address questions from all of our users. There have only been a few instances where I've need to seek out support from the TC team or reference the user guide. In those instances, I have always gotten the answers I needed with out a lot of hassle.

Cons

There are some limits to how you can sort client and student lists. Additionally, when users go dormant or jobs are finished these values still remain in the search and maps feature. It would be more helpful to have these types of values go dark in these features.

Hello Jessica, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. It is our pleasure that the use of TutorCruncher is easy and functional for you, as we aim to improve the connections between administrators and other users. This means deep relationship of trust and professionalism with tutors and close connection with the parents and students. We are continuing to improve the way to how you can sort client and student lists to ensure that the data you see is always pertinent to your needs. Thanks again for the review.

BW

Ben W.

Easy to use software

Pros

Easy as a tutor to see lessons and write reports etc. Works well most of the time and helps us find new tutors too.

Cons

Funny little bugs like the back button being stuck on a loop so it is unlike a back button elsewhere. Formatting irregularities when using mobile devices or tablets

Hello Ben, thank you very much for leaving us a great review. We are very happy that with TutorCruncher you can manage your business easily. We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report and the way that you can find new tutors. We are continually working hard to create an optimal version of the system that is perfectly adaptable to smartphones and tablets. Thank you.

sF

steven F.

Incredible customer service

Pros

Love the customer service! Also, this CRM makes our life so much easier in managing tutors and client invoices.

Cons

Nothing to say, they are a great team and they are always there to provide great customer support. Good job!

Hello Steven, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are very proud to know that you get great benefit from the support we provide. We are delighted that TC has helped you streamline your company's services and that it helps managing tutors and client invoices. Thanks again for your amazing review.