Ubindi Logo

Ubindi

Simple admin & booking system for independent instructors.

Ubindi Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.35/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

So easy to use, great for physical and online bookings, good options eg for payment types and class frequency. Amazing customer service.
But honestly it wasn't clear to me if this was Ubindi or user error.
Packages for customers can be difficult to track or require a little leg work to see what has been used.

Ubindi users...

Eventbrite-logocaret

Eventbrite

SignUpGenius-logocaret

SignUpGenius

How would you rate Ubindi?

Take the work out of your job and get back to teaching

I was fortunate to have Ubindi fall Into my lap at the start of the pandemic when my business was being faced with so many challenges. Ubindi offered our school a way to transition and connect our students to an online platform that took all of the guess work out. I encourage all of our yoga teacher training graduates to use ubindi.

Pros

Ubindi has created an easy to use, inexpensive platform that all yoga teachers would benefit from using. The amount of time I’ve received back into my busy life is hugely because of ubindi. Their platform takes the challenges out of scheduling, communication, and money collecting. Ubindi also has incredible customer service. I never have to wait for a response to a question and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] go out of their way to do work for their customers simply because they want to be helpful. Just amazing! So grateful.

Cons

Hmm… there’s honestly nothing I don’t like about the product. It’s so easy to use and implement into your website.

First Time Studio Owner, LOVES UBINDI

Managing my emails to students was a problem I never had to deal with as I don't pay for an @RMDYyoga.com email - so it looks professional and clean at a fraction of the cost. Also, I am grateful for the ease of set up with new students!

Pros

Very intuitive and many many user friendly directions! If you have any questions, Alex or customer service is SO quick to respond!

Cons

I would love to be able to download reporting, or drop into excel, not sure thats available.

Hi Chelsea, thanks so much for the kind review of Ubindi! To answer your question about downloading reports and spreadsheets: yes, you CAN do that. On your "Settings" page you'll find a big button to export everything :)

I don't know...

I was very impressed at first glance. It easily integrated with our website using html, and the Stripe payment seems to be seamless although I think Ubinid is requesting a 'cut' on top of Stripe's fees. I think it will end up more expensive than ones that are costlier upfront. It basically 'can' do the minimum of what we need it to do, but there are several aspects that might be deal-breakers.

Pros

It's quite easy to set up and it is one of the few reasonably-priced apps that allow us to schedule multiple training sessions for the same day/time for classes that run concurrently.

Cons

There doesn't appear to have any way of automatically reminding participants of their upcoming classes. Also, I really don't like that anyone who wants to register for a class has to sign up for an Ubindi account. I want them to sign up with MY company so that we have control over the privacy and security of their information. There needs to be a sign-up form to get detailed contact information and other crucial data required for intake.

Thanks for the nice review! To clarify a few points: - Student reminders: people who sign up for classes automatically get a confirmation + a reminder email. You can also email the participants of any class. - Signing up on Ubindi: when students sign up, they are in fact signing up with you & are added to your student list. Only you have access to this list. Your students' data is yours (you...

Ubindi review

Really good. The customer service is fantastic, very quick to respond and instantly try and solve your problem. I think the site is very easy to set up and use and is very reasonably priced. Overall I’m very happy.

Pros

I think the software is very easy to set up and use. I was drawn to it because you can have the on demand library and set many different payment options. For example I have pay as you go, bulk buy bundles as well as monthly subscriptions. All this and for a very reasonable cost.

Cons

From my clients point of view, some people would like to be able to create a ‘basket’ of bookings and pay for multiple classes all at once rather than one at a time. The other thing I think would be helpful is email reminders of classes booked and an email notification if someone cancels a booking.

Hi Hannah, thanks for the nice review! About your comment that customers would like to pay for multiple classes at once with some kind of basket: you can easily offer this by creating a pass (or better yet, a monthly subscription) for your students :)

Perfect software for my small business

Always responds quickly when you have a question. They are motivated to keep making improvements to the software.

Pros

Easy to use and set up. I am a very small business so this product works great for me. But it would also suit a larger business as well.

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about Ubindi

Marjolein is happy with ubindi

It makes planning classes mutch more visual and organised. Adding and removing students both by me as by themselves is a great tool. Having a Page of myself without needing a website makes me more visible on thé web without thé tiresome maintenance of a personal website.

Pros

It's user friendlyness, thé fact that no installation is required, just a webbrowser. Thé super customer service... The everything i needed as a teacher is available.

Cons

I would be more interested in thé payment feature if online payment other than with visa card platforms would be usable.

Pretty easy to use software, wish it had some different features.

Ubindi makes it easy to schedule classes and accept payments.

Pros

This product is pretty easy to use, and customer service is very responsive. I like that I can email students directly from Ubindi.

Cons

I feel it's a pretty simple product for the fees charged. It was also pretty difficult to understand the credits v. the packages. I wish there were a button for a no-show to quickly decide whether to assign a credit or charge them. I do like the teacher to teacher referral program.

Hi Gina, thanks for the review you are a pretty tough reviewer! To answer your question (about deciding to credit no shows or to charge them): this is super easy on Ubindi! Generally, "no-shows" are charged. Just because someone doesn't show up, it doesn't mean they automatically get a refund. But you can decide to refund people if you want on a case by case basis, it literally takes only 3 clicks or so!

Ubindi is great for individuals just starting out.

Pretty good.

Pros

This software is easy to use. The best part is that is it doesn't charge me a ton of money to use it like many other programs. It definitely caters to individuals who can't afford a bunch of up front fees it charges a small percentage of what your clients pay for your class. It allows me to do donation based classes and suggests payment to my clients.

Cons

The email list could have more features so I could use it a little more. I wish I could see my clients email addresses or the list should have more features. I should be able to send nice looking emails, but I can't preview them before they send.

Does the job!

Pros

I like that the customer service is amazing. I can always reach someone either immediately or within an hour or two with the help I need. The product is streamlined and effective.

Cons

I would like a calendar view for booking/class schedule because I am visual person.

Review for Ubindi

Overall I'm happy with Ubindi

Pros

Mailing clients about my classes and seeing how many signed up

Cons

Not being able to add videos or pictures

The boost I needed for my online school.

Since I found Ubindi everything has been growth and progress. My students were enthusiastic as soon as they learned about the new platform where we would now have the school. It has been a pleasant experience for them to have things easier to book their classes, automate payments, be able to choose from many more options, bonuses, promotions, plans, etc... now everyone can feel that they control their...

Pros

- Very complete, it has everything a teacher needs to provide an excellent service, allowing them to focus on what is important... on "teaching" - Simple to use, both for the teacher and for the students. -Perfect integration with website and payment gateway. - Full control of my classes. - good presentation, image of professionalism before the students. - innovative. - incredible customer service......

Cons

-I would like to have more statistics about my students. - a control is needed to block haters or people who can be added to our community in order to annoy. While students can be deleted or deleted, students can still re-register. - there is no other cons, really with Ubindi everything is win-win...

Gracias Diego!

Ubindi is great!

I have found Ubindi to be helpful front the start. It's easy to set up payments, and great to keep track of students. The real key has been how the developers continue to check in with teachers/users to see what tweaks and improvements are needed. It's reasonably priced.

Pros

This software great for a small business. It's not a huge dive into too much of a program for an individual teacher. It's easy to sign up and get classes listed. I love that the developers keep improving and asking for input from users as they work to make Ubindi a better product

Cons

There are some features that are lacking- I'd like to be able to go back to a class and edit who was or was not in attendance because sometimes I make a make a mistake and check off the wrong student. It would be nice to see an actual app for students to download rather than a website based app. Sometimes it's confusing or cumbersome for students to go to a website rather than opening an app and everything is already in front of them.

Hi Karen thanks so much for your review! Just so you know, you can always edit class attendance, even after taking attendance already. Simply click the green "check list" on any class in the past to open the attendance view :)

Best Value Software for Yoga Teachers!

Great customer service, easy to use, great price.

Pros

It was super easy to join Ubindi and transfer all of my existing members over. It is simple and easy to use.

Cons

This system lacks the same level of visibility of some other systems, for example being able to click on a member and see itemised all of their bookings and payments easily, instead you just see the total spend and most recent class attended. So to cancel a booking for a client you can't do it by accessing them on the system you need to do it by going to each of the individual sessions.

Ubindi would be the best - if ....

I really enjoyed using Ubindi - its easy, logical, and very user-friendly if ..... you use any other currency except South African Rand :( I would recommend this booking system and I would be keen to be notified when Rands/cents are accepted, then I'll be back! But for now, I need something that assists me in collecting fees.

Pros

Ubindi is really easy to set up and use. I liked the fact that you can add classes and change times as and when needed. I needed to put something in place for managing the size of the my classes with the onset of Covid and this was really the best there was at the time of "shopping around". I also appreciate the fact that it has a 'free to use' option ~ especially as I'm not a large Yoga studio.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like but 1. There isn't a reminder sent when a student is booked - they need to keep going back into the system to see when they had booked for. 2. and this is probably the biggest gripe (and I have sent emails to the support team to this effect!!) they do not support South African Rand.... so students book but don't pitch (I know... but life happens) and it is easier to "not pitch" when you haven't paid.

Thanks for the review Lee Just FYI reminder email are sent to students if they book an online (virtual class), 15 minutes before class time. For in-person classes, reminders are not sent... but we figure that sending a reminder just before class will be too late if the student forgot and has to travel across town...

Ubindi is a Small Studios' Best Friend

So far, my experience has been wonderful. I had actually been using a pretty good format for attendance/communication, etc... but I'm seeing that Ubindi is just about to surpass that format. I've had my profile all set up and my student list created. I feel much more confident about switching everyone over to Ubindi in the very near future.

Pros

I like the ease and simplicity of it but mostly, I love that it was designed for the small studio experience. Often, we need to be diversified and Ubindi gets it. Class bookings with flexibility and 1-1 appointments, class cards/memberships/donation/free options! I don't have to have a clunky combination of apps. I also appreciate the responsiveness of the Dynamic Duo behind Ubindi. They have really listened to small studio owners.

Cons

I would say that the only con is that they haven't reached their peak yet, where Ubindi is at the pinnacle. But that's ok. It's fun to watch the progression and development.

Dear Linda, thank you so much for these very kind words we hope Ubindi can continue to live up to your expectations!

Good starting class management system

I have realized the development of an online Pilates/yoga teaching career (vocation, since it is my second/hobby job). I had bee teaching at a chain gym before the COVID-19lockdown, then transitioned to free classes online, then made the step to go permanently online for a nominal fee from my clients. Ubindi made that possible without taking much effort.

Pros

Ubindi is easy to set up. Existing email lists can be added with their help. Payment packages are limited, but since the program is new, users have a say in how it evolves, in a sense the future of Ubindi will be crowdsourced. It interfaces well with Stripe, which makes money management easier.

Cons

There is no way for an existing student to buy a gift card/package/class for friends. I would like this to grow my client base. There is not a dedicated link button for opening my online class software, e.g. personal Zoom room. I don't know if I can record a class in Zoom, but have it reside on my Ubindi website. Maybe students/clients could access the recording for a class credit.

Look no further for a scheduling and class management system

Due to all that Ubindi can do, my admin load is about to dramatically decrease which inspires me to open another class!

Pros

This software is so easy to use, looks clean, captures all the essential details and allows me to email students too. I can integrate the system simply to my website with a widget. The customer service is A+ and the set up is smooth. I accidentally deleted my entire account (my mistake) after setting it up and had to do it again. It took less than 30 minutes to re-enter the details and have it all set up again. The developers are super helpful and really want to help micro-businesses with their creation.

Cons

I haven't used Ubindi for long enough to get feedback from my students about how the process works from their side. However, having made myself a student to go the process it seems very simple. I would like to have the ability to schedule one on one consultations without having to set up a specific 'class' for it.

Hi Abby, thanks so much for the kind words!

2 years in and it’s working perfectly

Pros

The set up was quick and accessibility is easy to understand.

Cons

At this time this software fits my business needs. I like that there are new features added that I can use but never thought about implementing.

Great customer service. Promotion pricing was perfect for the product received

Pros

Easy to use. Simple interface. Great customer service

Anne Hungerford

Excellent!

Pros

Simplicity and functionality. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are great! Quick tech support response time.

Cons

Can’t keep track of how often students attend class.

Ubindi scheduling app

I really like the app It’s great Very good value

Pros

Being able to control the number of spaces available Ease to set up classes Sharing link to booking system Management of clients

Cons

Unable to see previous history this has been changed recently Unable to download data as a CSV file

Ubindi review

It's convenient and easy to use for what I pay for it. People only use things that are easy-to-use and this does the job!

Pros

It's easy for students to book online. I can keep track of my classes and who has signed up. It's convenient for emailing everyone that has signed up for a class. It's also easy to add classes to my Ubindi

Cons

It would be nice for automatic reminders to be emailed to students that sign up. Sometimes they forget when they have signed up a week ahead of time. I also wish they kept the ability for students to book without paying. Students wish that they could save their login info instead of having to enter everything every time they go to sign up

A review of Ubindi

The overall experience has been painless which is priceless when really the use of signing up ahead of time for our studio was a completely new concept. Before COVID we were a drop in, no need to sign up ahead of time studio. Plenty of space for any and all. With physical distancing there needed to be a new way to stay safe and yet not have people drive out if there were no spaces. So I really appreciate that Ubindi has allowed us to use their platform to get people registered and everyone in our community can easily see if there is or is not space for taking a class. Thank you.

Pros

It was very easy to set-up and is mostly user friendly. The tech support is fabulous! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very prompt and helpful. The Ubindi team gets any "bugs' worked out quickly of which there have only been a couple.

Cons

If I had to pick a con, in the beginning my students had varying degrees of difficulty signing up and registering between using different devices (between say a lap top and then using their phone). But honestly it wasn't clear to me if this was Ubindi or user error.

Thanks for your review :)

Ubindi makes it easy and really cost effective

Ubindi solved the issue of easily scheduling classes and taking payment for these classes, along with a membership scheme for access to video content. So glad I bought into it.

Pros

That this is relatively simple to set up, it looks great, and it is sooo much cheaper than other solutions

Cons

There is room for improvement, to make it look neater and easier to navigate.

Great tool, amazing customer service

Pros

Cons

Doesn’t integrate with my Wordpress website, so I have to use as a standalone booking site