Ubindi Logo

Ubindi

Simple admin & booking system for independent instructors.

Ubindi Reviews - Page 2

Sv

Stephanie v.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Does the job!

Pros

I like that the customer service is amazing. I can always reach someone either immediately or within an hour or two with the help I need. The product is streamlined and effective.

Cons

I would like a calendar view for booking/class schedule because I am visual person.

KB

Kristina B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Easy to use software & great customer service!

So far so good! Ubindi is a place where I can send my students (with a simple link) so they can sign up for classes. The Ubindi software will manage their account and alert me as much, or as little, as I want whenever there is any student activity.

Pros

As a yoga instructor, I needed a place that would help me manage my online yoga classes and offer support when I needed it. The customer service I needed was always professional, kind, thoughtful, timely, and very helpful. It made each problem I had solvable. I would recommend Ubindi in a heart beat to any professional like me!

Cons

I have not discovered anything that has been a problem for me.

Thanks for this very kind review, Kristina!

AK

Anja K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I would have never started online yoga classes had it not been for Ubindi

Great overall experience, love it and use it!

Pros

I love the simplicity yet efficiency, responsiveness ( easy to navigate in mobile)

Cons

E-Mailing is not ideal. I would like to customize E-Mails further, ie add pics, change layout, select individuals etc

GL

Geremia Lorenzo L.

Music, self-employed

Great booking service to save time

In general I find ubindi to be really precious in supporting my business. The highlight of the Ubindi experience is the clarity of the tutorials introducing to the service and the costumer service efficiency, in case of necessity.

Pros

The structure of the website is really straightforward and essential. This makes it very easy to use and understand.

Cons

It does not provide the information (email address) of people who register to my services, which prevents me to have a more direct contact with them, or require me extra work to collect such informations.

Hi Geremia, thanks for the nice review! Just FYI, for each of your students, you do get the email address (just click on a student to go to their "detail" page, click the little pencil next to their name for email address). You can also download a complete list of students (with email address) anytime from your 'Settings' page. Hope this helps :)

SS

Sarah S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great for the independent teacher

Really good. The customer service is the best. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super responsive and has been willing to jump on two different zoom calls to help me sort things out!

Pros

Easy, simple to use. Very flexible options. I liked that it wasn’t a huge financial commitment, or required me to change my whole business model.

Cons

Lack of features, setting up paid classes was confusing. Can’t integrate with my website.

Thanks for your feedback Sarah we will be working on website integration soon :)

NL

Nathalie L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best quality price solution for yoga teacher or other sports teachers

Very happy to use this systèm and support is thé greatest!

Pros

Easy to use and Easy for thé students to log in a zoom Class with thé 15 minutes reminder before Class sent by email to students

Cons

Would Love to have a french version because i teach in french and my students are mostly french people

Merci Nathalie - la version francaise d'Ubindi arrive bientot !

BL

Barry L.

Communicating Easily

Good to have been involved pre-launch, and may progress to using their payments interface

Pros

The ability to see who are registering to join a meeting (helps plan content and whether to extend promotional activity)

Cons

At first, ‘customers’ had differing problems with using the software easily on a wide range of devices, but this is progressing smoothly now.

Thank you Barry, good to have you with us since the beginning!

CR

Chanda R.

A review of Ubindi

The overall experience has been painless which is priceless when really the use of signing up ahead of time for our studio was a completely new concept. Before COVID we were a drop in, no need to sign up ahead of time studio. Plenty of space for any and all. With physical distancing there needed to be a new way to stay safe and yet not have people drive out if there were no spaces. So I really appreciate that Ubindi has allowed us to use their platform to get people registered and everyone in our community can easily see if there is or is not space for taking a class. Thank you.

Pros

It was very easy to set-up and is mostly user friendly. The tech support is fabulous! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very prompt and helpful. The Ubindi team gets any "bugs' worked out quickly of which there have only been a couple.

Cons

If I had to pick a con, in the beginning my students had varying degrees of difficulty signing up and registering between using different devices (between say a lap top and then using their phone). But honestly it wasn't clear to me if this was Ubindi or user error.

Thanks for your review :)

AA

Amelia A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

No-nonsense, affordable online registration platform

I appreciate how easy it was to get started and you can't beat the price for a yoga instructor like me who was looking for an affordable way to post online offerings and make it easy for students to book and pay. Beyond that, ubindi is pretty limited.

Pros

Fast to set up and integrate with Swipe. Very basic functionality.

Cons

Wish I could format the descriptions with bold, bullets, etc. Would love to link to specific classes instead of students having to scroll.

ST

Sharon T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Easy to use with excellent features

Pros

This software is ideal for a yoga teacher or studio. It allows clients to book my classes directly and the payment goes to my Stripe account. The software allows me to know how many students will be attending each class and keep track of the memberships I have sold. I found it very easy to set up and use. Would highly recomme

Cons

Originally had difficulty setting up with Stripe but customer support were very helpful

SE

Sofia E.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

User-friendly, really like it

Pros

Easy to use. Beautiful interface, user-friendly. I would recommend this 100% for independent teachers.

Cons

If someone register for a full session, i have to add them manually To each class. If this can be automatic, that would be perfect. I would like If students can fill a form when they register, At least phone number, where they found us... I also don’t quite understand the rates for Stripes payments. It says 2.9% +30c but i received less than expected...

Hi Sofia, thanks so much for the kind words about Ubindi! About Stripe rates: in the US, these are 29.% + 30 cents... but if clients pay with a non US card (international clients), Stripe charges an extra 1%... maybe that's what you are seeing?

AB

Audrey B.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Simple Platform

Great experience so far -- easy to use, uncluttered appearance, and good value.

Pros

This is an easy to use platform for those without a lot of different classes or offerings. Simple setup, tracking, and communication and good value!

Cons

Would like option to group classes together into a longer series (i.e. week-long workshop) without students needing to register for each day individually. Also categories of classes and ability to add graphics to classes would be nice.

LP

Lara P.

Don’t Let the Low Cost Fool You

Using Ubindi has helped me increase revenue across the board. It’s wonderful!

Pros

The ubindi system is incredibly user friendly. It’s intuitive format was effortless to set up my class schedule and pricing structure to begin using with clients immediately! Ubindi’s connection to Stripe is also easy to navigate and seems to works quite seemlessly.

Cons

Some of my students have mistaken the initial registration on Ubindi with reserving (& paying for) a spot in their first class. Nothing a simple polite email can’t rectify, though defining the steps for first-time users may help.

CG

Chantal G.

Super App for teachers

I have so much fun with it! Everytime I mark a student as present on Ubindi I feel I am the owner of a real yoga studio, that makes me super happy. Also the customer service is super helpful and kind.

Pros

Slick design, easy to understand and straightforward to work with. No more worksheets, lists, agenda or whatever. Changes to schedule can be done super fast, adding new packs or subscription same, super fast and easy. You can also see the monthly revenue on the dashboard which is super cool, no need to calculate anything Ubindi takes care of that !

Cons

I wish we were able to close class registration manually when we need to.

Thanks Chantal, for these kind words!

HK

Heidi K.

So user friendly!

Pros

Ease of use- both for me setting up my account, and for my students registering for classes. It’s clean and simple. Customer support is phenomenal! I can’t get over the personal attention I have received. I love being able to take payments, registration, and send Zoom links all from one site. It lets me enjoy the good part (teaching yoga) and not have to spend much time on the business details (which isn’t my favorite).

Cons

Had a weird glitch setting it up, To be expected from a newish software, and customer service was amazing figuring out and fixing my issue.

Dear Heidi, thank you so much for the kind review :)

AN

Aliza N.

Easy to Use, Outstanding Customer Service

Easy to set up as a teacher and simple to use as a student, customer service has been outstanding in their responsiveness to inquiries.

Pros

Ubindi's strength is its simplicity, perfect for independent teachers looking for an affordable online reservation and payment system for classes.

Cons

Ubindi may lack some of the sophisticated features of its more expensive counterparts, but the developers are eager for feedback and prompt in their responses. Ubindi is already good, and I am confident it will only continue to get better as it grows!

CC

Christie C.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Ubindi won us over quickly and we're fans for life!

Pros

The best thing about Ubindi is [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. This is the first and only registration software we've ever used. It took me a little while to figure out the best way to use it for our purposes and I reached out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] a bunch when I couldn't figure something out or wanted to know if they could add a component that would be useful to me. They replied quickly and went way out of their way to assist me over and over. I'm a HUGE fan!

Cons

Everything that was a limitation for me initially has been addressed since so I don't have any complaints!

GC

Gabriella C.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Beauty in simplicity

During the pandemic, my income was solely derived from online dance, yoga, and personal training sessions. Ubindi provided a quick and easy place to direct my clients, which eliminated a lot of back-and-forth communications with each of them. The developers of Ubindi seem very kind, personable, and accessible. They host useful business webinars from time to time for their users, and promote a community of success for everyone involved.

Pros

The best part about Ubindi for me is that it’s simple. I am not in need of a complex management system - just a place to hold contacts, communicate with clients, and provide easy online booking and access to classes. I’m sure there are features that I have not explored, but so far I have not needed to.

Cons

I wish that I could customize reminder emails and see previous sent emails through their platform.

AC

Andrea C.

Sports, self-employed

Great for small business

Pros

I've just started my own Pilates practice and I was looking for a software that allowed clients to easily register for online group classes. I liked Ubindi's interface, ease of use, and the reminders it sends to clients with the link to join class. The designers have been very helpful anytime that I asked a question.

Cons

For now my business is pretty small and Ubindi is working well for all my needs. I experimented some with the video feature, and if I would use that more I would probably like a way of organizing them.

JB

Jessica B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Try this out, you won't be dissappointed.

AMAZING from a back end administrators perspective.

Pros

The Profile, class scheduling, the discounted rates for multiple purchases, they were ALL so easy to deploy and set up.

Cons

I am outside of the USA and had some mapping class location challenges BUT contacted support and my issue was resolved in less than 30 minutes... WOW. How's that for overeliveringa nd taking care of customers.

LK

Loreta K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Users friendly software ideal for small business

Pros

Customer support, functionality, easy to use, design

Cons

There are some features could be added like links to individual service, etc

AF

Audrey F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] rock the Yoga class platform industry....

Great communication with support, ease of use, super user help pages, great User Interface, easy switchover, and a general sense of "this is gonna work for the studio and make students happy."

Pros

Super pleasing User Interface, easy to use, easy to set up, integrates with Zoom seamlessly, great help pages, amazing customer support and communication, intuitive, inexpensive, easy to switch over from current system.

Cons

There is NOTHING. This software is amazing.

JC

Joanne C.

Glad I Chose Ubindi

Very positive

Pros

I’m very happy I chose Ubindi to take the hassle out of the scheduling and booking of yoga classes. It has an uncomplicated professional look that made it clear and easy to set up and for students to follow. I’ve found the customer service to be excellent and easily contactable. I would definitely recommend Ubindi to other small business.

Cons

I was concerned that students would be put off by having to register but my worries have so far been unfounded.

LM

Laura M.

Mind Body Yoga review

So far it has been amazing

Pros

I love how simple and easy it is to set up your schedule for bookings and payments. If you have any issues the chat line is really helpful and to be honest I was amazed at how much that guy [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to help me re arrange everything. He advised me about things I was doing that I had made so labour intensive for myself working between Zoom and Ubindi trying to figure it all out. He just went right on in and fixed everything for me and told me to go enjoy my day and that he would email me when it was all done. It was great to get the email a short while later and know everything was set up.

Cons

i liked everything about it there was nothing I disliked

Thanks for the kind words Laura, really glad to have you on Ubindi!

SS

Shane S.

Review for Ubindi

Overall I'm happy with Ubindi

Pros

Mailing clients about my classes and seeing how many signed up

Cons

Not being able to add videos or pictures