All categories

Blynk

White-label IoT platform with mobile apps

Blynk Reviews

Pros

Have been able to interface with a custom lighting solution in order to create visual cues with our software in-house. Integration was very seamless and stability is fantastic.

Sam C.

Nice widgets are there to make all trackers about your project. You will have a nice dashboard if you try this.

All widgets provided was very clear and I have all I need there. Thanks to the developer for making such a great and easy software for IoT.

Said A.

Cons

What I experienced is the server is losing so often.

It seems no more development on current platform, even if already quite complete. It was announced a new enhanced platform to be available, but till now no news.

Roberto D.

Large data cant be exported from blynk, in blynk local server database and data is hard to found, MQTT configuration is missing. Temperatures/reading auto delete after a certain readings.

Mudssar A.

4.8

1,027 reviews

Best setup for home automation

I appreciate the simplicity of creating a small project and then having an app as a controller for any home automation project. It's one of the few apps where I would actually pay money for.

Pros

The software is super easy to use. It's compatible with Arduino, raspberry pi, and tons of other cheap micro-controllers that make home automation a breeze. Very little coding is required, and you can get a system up and running in no time. The community is great and very helpful with troubleshooting and they really care about your opinions and suggestions. Highly recommend to anyone, beginners or experts!

Cons

There was a little bit of a learning curve with specific widgets that may not seem straight forward, but the examples online are very helpful.

Best app for IoT

Use as main app for my IoT devices. It was really the simplest to integrate and put my designs to run quickly with stability.

Pros

Very simple to perform integrations, stable and simple to use

Cons

Expand chart options and Multi languages

excellent platform for iot programmers

Very happy with the use , I have been using it for my home iot projects for a very long time. They are cheap reliable software that actually helps new programmers a lot to develop their own softwares for the IOT.

Pros

This is one of the best free softwares available in the market that is actually helping the iot programmers a lot. The authentucation they used to secure the account is what makes it much more secure

Cons

There is not much that i didnt like about it. I have been using it continuously for a long time. It is able to come up with a lot of interfacing options and consoles that would be really great.`

very good for IoT application

It is free to use and very productive and easy to use.

Pros

It is simple to use and very easy to understand the concept. I personally used it and it's easy to use with Arduinand WiFi module

Cons

I don't know anything about disliking about the software. It is very easy to apply and use the concept.

Blynk with ESP8266 helps you to create good IOT projects

I had one ESP8266 controlling a relay that in turns controlled my cable TV receptor that is located high in my bedroom and had an stand-by light that was annoying on the darkness. So I use this device with relay to turn on and off the mains power of this cable receptor and I controlled it using the Blynk app in my mobile. I used it for years without any issue.

Pros

Blynk is a great app that you can control IOT (Internet of Things Devices) like ESP8266 or Arduino development boards. You can create nice looking interface to monitor sensors like temperature and humidity sensors and also see surveillance camera. It also offers widgets that you can add in your mobile android main screen for instance and in this way you can see data and control devices in one click. What I like most is the facility to create nice looking interface to control devices like ESP8266.

Cons

Blynk is not totally free software, you have limited number of internal cash (credit) that you can virtually spend buying some components to use in the interface that you create. But this credit is generally not enough for medium, large projects, so then you need to spend real money buying new credits to increase your projects.

Good Supporting software for IoT Project

Overall, I have good experience with this IoT software. I did my project greatly and received rewards from my lecture. in spite of having some errors that I couldn't fix unless the developer does. But generally I have very nice and great experience with this software. I still use it until now to build other IoT Projects

Pros

Blynk is a friendly-user software for IoT project. I did my final project related to IoT monitoring system and I used Blynk to help it work. it is easy to use and is not complicated. All widgets provided was very clear and I have all I need there. Thanks to the developer for making such a great and easy software for IoT

Cons

I had one problem when I did my project. it was when I used bluetooth HC05 as a wireless connector between My arduino and blynk. at that time HC05 could not be used because blynk is under development for this widgets only. I couldn't switch to Wifi because I don't have it at home. so I used bluetooth module. Hopefully now the developer will make some developments on every widget available in Blynk.

Blynk make IoT easier!

I like the plenty examples you get from internet, also, the many plugins that are available are awesome. I use it for home purposes on my DIY hobby, but I don't see any problem for a productive use. It can be very reliable if you do it correctly.

Pros

Blynk is a nice platform to join many pieces of software and hardware into a simple interface. Your imagination is the limit (it can be above the sky). As a DIY enthusiast, I loved Blynk! You can connect your Arduino, Raspberry and much other development boards to an Android application, you can use Python, C, or anything to create an interface, its flexible! I made my home aquarium connected to my phone, computer and even my car, also, some of my home lights are controlled by the same network, so I can control them from anywhere in the world. Oh, the Christmas lights are there too. Merry Christmas!

Cons

Nothing yet. Maybe at the beginning (I started using this at least 3 years ago) the documentation was hard to understand and the examples didn't help. Maybe that was fault of my learning curve, not the platform itself. But today is really easy to use and there are many plugins to it. So that is not really a con.

Blynk

I have been using the application for more than five years and I am really happy with the functionality as well as the support from the online community.

Pros

This is the most versatile software tool for Internet of Things projects. It is compatible with most popular microcontrollers (Arduino, ESP8266, Raspberry Pi, etc.). It is easy to create triggers and link them to the microcontroller.

Cons

The only improvement that can be done is the ability to adjust the properties of the widgets (size, color, font, etc.).

Blynk app

The overall experience with Blynk has been very good. Highly recommended.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is a great tool for bluetooth capability with microcontrollers. It supports all controllers like arduino, raspberry pi etc.

Cons

Everything with blynk seems easy and quick. Development of small projects is cheap. Plus the free version, It's all positive with blynk.

A unique and robust mobile app for various remote control related tasks

Overall a very useful app for projects and research.

Pros

Rich in its feature set, robust and tight end-to-end, I have used this app in my projects. Really good utility mapping options, extensive connectivity options, and remote control layout choices.

Cons

It delivered according to my needs in the time I had its use for. Haven't experienced anything bad so far.

Poweful Product for a Small Company

Using Blynk you can automate, schedule, control and monitor both analog and digital devices across the world either from a web interface (Blynk cloud server) or from your local server. With Blynk your IoT projects and solutions are only limited by your imagination.You will get to love the product! For a small team you get a bloody amazing product! Thanks to them, I can now put out projects and solutions that not only look great but also work great making me look great. Now that works for me!

Pros

Blynk can either be run on a standalone Server or on the Blynk Web server. The product works great!! Versatile, intuitive, creative - those are just some of the many great features of the product. For a small team of developers, running on a small budget, you get an amazing product. With Blynk and Arduino, knowing nothing about electronics, you can create the most amazing projects thanks to the...

Cons

* Pricing is a little high in my opinion, especially in countries where the dollar exchange rate is poor ! Many IoT users will consider pricing over product. * Customizing controls could be more versatile. * A Web interface where code could be generated for the use of controls to help noobs (like me) not suffer from figuring out the code - very much like http://easycoding.tn/tuniot/demos/code/. * MySQL database interaction would be a great advantage instead the default PostGreSQL database.

Blynk Rocks

I was looking for a quick and simple way to create APPs and tie them into my IoT devices for around the home. There are lots of solutions that can do the basics - push a button and unlock a door - or send me the temperature. However none of them made a classy looking and fairly complex interface possible without a tremendous amount of time, effort and coding. Blynk is simple - get an account - create...

Pros

It is a easy to use system to connect IoT devices to an APP for status and control. It has been incredibly reliable. For development or personal use - it is practically free - and if you have a local server it is totally free The community is great and the Blynk people are FAST to respond and help.

Cons

This is actually a challenging question. Anything I thought was a negative has turned out to be my lack of understanding - or a limit of iOS :-) Are there some features I would like - sure. And I can add them to the "things to add" pool that Blynk has - and if enough of us request them - I am certain they will show up.

One of the wonders of the iot era that everyone can use !

For Blynk, I saw the development throughout the entire UI. I have always been a Blynk user and have recommended Blynk to everyone who works on projects or innovations related to IoT for both younger generations. Teachers and interested people Today I have my own Blynk server and always use it. I like and love Blynk because it makes me fun, challenging and more interested in the world of IoT. Blynk is a miracle of the world. I love every development team and thank you for creating Blynk. Thank you.

Pros

What I like for this software is that it is easy to use, easy to use, easy to access and learn. Is a software that covers the user from the point of reaching and controlling your various IoT devices. In my school, I use Blynk to teach my interested children. Including the use of Blynk software to create projects and innovations in order to expand education and apply in the competition until receiving a lot of praise and awards so that many people are interested in Blynk. Blynk is The ultimate software for IoT, which is considered the miracle of the IoT world.

Cons

My least favorite thing is the energy system. I need to install the Blynk server myself. The installation process is quite complicated for the Linux operating system. I want the team to develop the server setup to be easy to install and install in every operating system. And want to improve Administration UI for easier server management In addition to this, I think that's great.

Easiest IoT Out There

Pros

This app was absolutely the easiest IoT setup I've ever been through. I've used it multiple times with my esp8266's to setup up rbg controllable lights that I can share with friends. Their arduino library couldn't be simpler to implement and comes with great documentation and a multitude of examples for each type of device. All I needed was an autogenerated key string at the top of my code to connect it to the prebuilt and maintained backend. Then it was as simple as adding their rgb widget and pointing it at the pins I set. I loved that I could share my project with my family so they could control the lights with the same setup on their phones. No UI work necessary on my part and a setup up of 5 min means this is a HUGE win.

Cons

I have very little to say in cons since they really met my needs quickly as a developer who works fast on his side projects and hobbies. One small thing I noticed is sharing is a little annoying because you share with a QR code so your recipient has to scan it. They allow you to send the QR code easily inside the app, but it doesn't help much if I'm able to text a QR code to someone's phone where they then need to scan it... we ended up using facebook messenger on their computers and they scanned with their phones.

Great product for rapidly deploying IoT apps

My employer contracted with Blynk to build some custom functionality for monitoring environmental parameters. We had a great experience, they designed several new UI elements to solve our needs, they've always been extremely easy to deal with and responsive to my questions. I would recommend them to anyone looking to solve a unique problem with IoT!

Pros

I've used Blynk for both personal and business use. I've used it for several small IoT projects in my house (monitoring pets, lights, temp, etc), and my employer also contracted with Blynk to perform some custom functions for an application we needed. They excel at customer service and I would recommend them for either small or large projects.

Cons

There are some features I'd like them to include, like a web dashboard. That said, this isn't really a criticism of their current offering, it's more of a feature request. I have no negatives to comment on the features they do offer, it has worked surprisingly well for me in many different applications.

User Friendly - Easy - Scalable

In my business, we use Blynk for automation control, industrial telematics, and reporting. We have hardware that is accessed by many users at once and we need to handle this control in real time and a user-friendly manner with no dead-locking conflicts. The Blynk platform and app made possible to have a custom made, industrial-grade solution for dirt- cheap hardware at a minute fraction of the cost.

Pros

With Blynk you can create an app in minutes. You have direct access to the hardware i/o and can easily incorporate data manipulation like statistics along with graphs, alerts, social networks, hardware, and process control, triggering and more. The apps can be developed further even when the hardware is already gone live. The apps can be shared and distributed via the Blynk app or standalone apps. No special platform or downloads needed. No ads whatsoever! Examples provided for everything.

Cons

It was a bit steep to catch the idea on the start but the tutorials were there to help. The videos should be promoted more for the first contact to show how simple it is to get along with Blynk.

Blynk has a solution for every iOT project we wanted to to do

Currently I'm not doing business related software with Blynk. However, easy 'surfing' with many different kind of projects may lead to an application that is suitable for business use.

Pros

Blynk has offered easily adaptable and working solution for every iOT project we wanted to do. There has been many very different kind of projects done in our iOT experiment group. Application examples are Home Automation, Robot Control, Voice control, Model Train Control, Music Players control and many more. Blynk has offered a nice UI solution for every project we have done.

Cons

The amazing Blynk Forum is the best software related forum I have been visiting. There is an answer for every question and even for questions that are not Blynk related. People are asking for example help for how to write programs for Arduino etc. That means there is too much 'garbage' in Blynk Forum website.

IOT, Live interaction with devices with Blynk

overall for home IOT system blynk is best, blynk is not recommnded for industrial use, support is limited i.e forum is availabe, but it takes time to get users/moderators respond. For home automation local blynk server is best, whereas blynk official server is also good optin to avoid diruption in connection.

Pros

Very easy pre programmed scripts almost for every projects available or little modification required, secured and reliablilty in connection. smooth and easy interfaces like button,guages and charts. All the technical setting to set user interface button etc can be configured on mobile.

Cons

Thanks for the review. Blynk app is designed for prototyping and personal use. Commercial apps and configuration provides more data storage, MQTT. Also, when you sign up for commercial plan, you get a technical support from Blynk Team within 24-48 hours Commercial version of the platform offers

Fantastic IoT System

I've used Blynk as my home automation control system, in association with Node-Red. Al of my smart home devices are controlled via the Blynk app, and it's proven 100% reliable.

Pros

It's simple and easy to create your own flexible app layouts in both iOS and Android and get them working with your hardware in just a few minutes. You can get started for free then if you want your apps to be a bot more complex you can either install your own local Blynk server and continue for free, or use the Blynk cloud servers for a small one-off payment add more app elements (widgets). A Node-Red plug-in is available with Blynk, which makes integration with other systems very easy. Great community support forum.

Cons

The iOS has a few missing features (mostly due to restrictions imposed by Apple), but its still extremely usable.

Particle and ESP Projects made easy!

I use several dashboards for several projects around the house, including my home security system and sump pump monitor. The app is very pleasing to the eye, my projects look very professional, and works flawlessly. The community support is very active, and company stakeholders are extremely active on their forums. They are generous with the amount of product that they let you use for free, more than enough to try it out and create truly useful projects, but if you want to do more, the cost to add additional widgets is surprisingly cheap. I threw them $20 a long time ago and still have most of that credit available.

Pros

Network connected microcontrollers are meaningless without a way to interact with them. Blynk makes the interface/app end of things EASY.

Cons

None. The Blynk app works well on all devices I've tried, setting up a project is easy, coding the controller is easy, and things just work!

A great tool for prototyping on the fly!

Blynk is helping me build applications with hardware to monitor gardens, monitor indoor temperature, and a centralized open/closed vent system. It cuts out the need to develop software for prototypes or even full fledged products. It is great tool to have for beginners and experts.

Pros

I like the modularity of the application. The ease of use makes building prototypes very simple and quick. The fact that I can take my idea to prototype within minutes allows me to focus more on the project itself rather than a functional prototype. The ability to send my finished product, built in Blynk, to others is a great feature. I can build the hardware and send the application to the users phone.

Cons

I would like the superchart to have a graph of some kind to help determine the level more accurately.

Amazing Software For Beginners and Pros

From using Blynk, I have realized that I don't need to rely on companies to sell me IoT devices to have a smart home. Instead, I can make every single device myself and have it all localized to the Blynk app.

Pros

With Blynk, it is extremely easy to get WiFi and bluetooth enabled development boards like the ESP-32 functioning at the same level as store-bought home automation smart devices. It is easy to make a customize able set of widgets that allow control through a smart phone, which saves makers from being forced to buy commercial IoT devices when you can build a much more customizable version for cheaper.

Cons

Some of the widgets are locked to a specific size ad cannot be resized. I would like to see more current features like Google Assistant or Siri integration.

The Software Bridge for the Internet of Things

For me Blynk is the first choice for the central software of an IoT idea. And the most important: it's fun!

Pros

Blynk is the ideal software solution to connect all imaginable ideas around IoT hardware and make them accessible via Android and iOS Apps. Where Blynk really shines is creating complex user interfaces for monitoring and control. What takes hours in other systems can be done in a few minutes in Blynk. It is open and also integrates into other solutions, e.g. you are free to put your monitoring data into the Blynk cloud or use your own database with a little more effort.

Cons

The documentation could be more detailed. Many good tips and examples can only be found in the Community Forum, which is well maintained by the developers.

Easy to learn it

I realized a lot of blynk projects with Arduino and esp devices with all kind of communication: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GSM, always with success and riable. Even the choice to build your personal blynk server was a great thing when you Don does not have access to the Internet. Summing in few words: great platform

Pros

I was a Newby in C coding and I needed something cheap and versatile to test our products all around the world with real-time feedback and control. Blynk was the right choice among others - Reliable - many functions - And a great community to help

Cons

Honestly, nothing much to say about that. The only thing that I missed most was a browser interface that others may have.

Incredibly awesome tool

Blynk controls my proton particle interfaces to control several hardware in my house.

Pros

Blynk allowed me to create a system for a proton interface to control my house. I didn’t wanted to create an entire app, so Blynk came as a fast solution and ended up beign a complete tool to create a fully automatization system for my house, and apart from all that, amazingly let me share with family members who also live in my house.

Cons

There are no “cons”, only some little bugs that have appear from time to time, like disconnections, inhabillity to share with others trough qr, and thins that, asmwith any app, solves either automatically or trough app updates.