Cheat Layer Logo

• Likelihood to recommend8.97/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

zapier

The action tracking tools are great for speeding up tasks as well as dialing in processes. The team is incredibly supportive and passionate about empowering their customer's ideas.
They have a great support network and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been amazing to help you create whatever you are looking to build.
Cheat Layer, your little cheat to make you automate.

Praful T.

Real Estate Professional

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Authentical Cheating for Automation!

Transcript

Praful: I'm Praful, a real estate professional. I give CheatLayer 5 on 5, the max I can give. For more...

Chris J.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Build Chome Extensions that can be shared or sold, and that automate web based business processes

My team does most of their work across multiple internal and external websites. Their work involves a lot of copying and pasting from various web sources into spreadsheets for reporting and analysis. I have been able to combine work that previously took hours into automation that now takes just a few minutes. This also helps reduce new employee training time and all team member errors since the actions are now automated.

Pros

Cheat Layer has an exceptionally easy-to-use (once you understand the features and the workflow.) no-code interface. It enables you to create complex web automations across multiple tabs and then translate your developed process into a Chrome Extension that you can share with others or sell. I am also super excited to start using the AI-driven custom automations and desktop RPA tool that is included in the product. There is a ton of potential for me to reduce the time my team takes on redundant tasks.

Cons

There is a learning curve. It takes some work to get your mind around how to use the tool. Once you understand the basics and build of few automations of your own by following some of their training videos, you begin to understand how to apply the amazing features to your own automations. I feel like the training could be better organized and help you build upon your skills by showing you how to build more complex automations though examples in a course format. I know that they are working on building out more Youtube training videos, but for me, that would be most helpful.

BM

Bruce M.

Computer Software, self-employed

Cheat Layer Automation and web scraping

Pros

I have been using Cheat Layer for about 1 year, during which I have had the opportunity to attend a bootcamp, work one-one with one of their office hour software engineers and talk to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] himself. Every interaction has been excellent. The dedication and hard work the team puts into this is outstanding.As far as Cheat Layer itself.. it is a very flexible tool. I have used it mainly for...

Cons

I can’t think of anything: it is a product that meets many needs and looks to have a bright future. If I had to state something, Cheat Layer no code can be improved but I see that as on the "continually improving" side especially with the upcoming Project Atlas.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Massive Potential, But Needs a Lot of Work

My experience with Cheat Layer has been frustrating, but with tremendous potential still waiting to be tapped into. That's why I would recommend it. The developer has had huge success because of the potential that it offers individuals and businesses. However, if you're not a coder, you're going to struggle with it, despite the advertising saying that it's for non-coders. The technology is still nascent, and it doesn't work consistently, or at all, and this will be frustrating for people who don't know how to code. But it will likely get better in time.

Pros

Groundbreaking software that allows you to manipulate websites in a way that has never been done before. Near endless potential for money-making ideas.

Cons

The software promises the moon, but at the moment it under delivers. It advertises that you can do anything with its no-code automation software, but the code that it generates tends to only work on rare occasions, if at all. You still need to be a JavaScript developer to understand it, edit it, or get it to work properly. Granted that it's still early in its development, but it doesn't exactly deliver...

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Cheating for Automation but not actually cheating

It is a really cool tool that helps me save my time while testing my systems and helps remove repetitive tasks and makes you more productive.

Pros

It is a tool that does not require coding and is easy to create automations. It has also other features to integrate with external services to log automation data. You can record your actions and save them, and the software will run it for you automatically.

Cons

The UI needs updating and is being improved with each update. There is a learning curve if you do not come from a technical background. Other than that, it is an awesome tool.

Praful T.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Authentical Cheating for Automation!

In one word - Mind-blowing! (or Amazing!) Looks like the sky is the limit with what I can do using CheatLayer.

Pros

GPT-3 code generator is the best! And once a 'cheat' is created, I can run for unlimited times!

Cons

The onboarding sessions make it easier to know the product. Still, there is a learning curve to getting proficient at CheatLayer.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great tool for power-users

Take more than a few minutes when researching this product and if you have the patience to learn this, you can do some pretty impressive things without writing code.

Pros

First thing to understand is that Cheat Layer is a platform more than a product. I love it, and love what it can do. It's a no-code tool that has the potential to do more great things than I first imagined. For the right users (semi-technical business-types and above), it's value is in it's power, not easy of use. There is some remarkable flexibility and a remarkable future ahead as the team rolls out new improvements. They seem to do that regularly the product has a bright future.

Cons

CL is still in the early days, so don't expect a perfectly polished product. The UI is ugly and very clunky (almost awful) so you'll need to overlook that. And there is a learning curve, but it's value and potential isn't always easy to understand or learn.

AD

Ashley D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Definitely worth it

So far I can see Cheat Layer being a very important part of my business. I can see that I can integrate very well with almost any other programs I use which is really cool and time saving. The support is awesome and I really like the product.

Pros

I love that this software can automate almost any repetitive process. I am still learning how it works, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the onboarding totally sold me. How many other softwares offer a LIVE one on one training when you first start using a software? That to me is priceless and I can't wait to do more with Cheat Layer.

Cons

The onboarding is a bit unclear. I didn't see the "next" button at all at first and there are no shortcuts labeled for Mac users. But this was all cleared up during my live onboarding. I am having some issues with moving between tabs and getting the extension to work, but hopefully support can help with that.

am

andy m.

very simple automation tool

Pros

I like the fact that the tool is so easy to use. To create an automation, I record my actions like clicks and scrolls and I can save them as automations that run in my browser. It also integrates nicely with Google sheets so I can save data to it.

Cons

When I first started using it, I didn't really like the UI, however it has gotten much better with every update. The dev really listens to his users.

Scott R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Most innovative 'smart' automation platform on the net, hands down

As a seasoned software engineer, I've had the privilege of witnessing technology evolve throughout the years. It's been quite the journey, with countless products and platforms coming and going, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. However, my recent experience with a large enterprise client left me feeling overwhelmed and in search of a solution to streamline my workflow.After hearing...

Pros

Super intuitive to use, almost no "RTFM" required.

Cons

Nothing left to wish for! Every time I thought of a use case that I wish it had, it either already did, or it was just days away from reaching release worthy

CK

Charles K.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Great Work

Pros

This tool proves incredibly useful when you're tasked with gathering data from a website. The feature allowing you to train the AI using straightforward language, coupled with the capability to schedule automations, enhances its overall utility.

Cons

The desktop dashboard does not have a free option.

AV

Alexander V.

BONKERS time-saving automation!

Cheat Layer uncovered so many repetitive tasks in my business I could eliminate. As a marketer working with various website platforms, I tend to collect a lot of data and enter a lot of data. Depending on the platform, this can be tedious, consuming countless hours, blood, sweat & tears. Although this tedium is necessary, it's an opportunity cost. Not only is Cheat Layer very good at generating and...

Pros

Almost effortlessly generates JS code for business process automation. Saves TONS of hours on mundane, time-consuming data entry. Active, high-energy community. AMAZING customer service.

Cons

GPT-3 semantics can be a little tricky to get to consistently produce working code -- you have to get used to them. That's just expected, as no automation is perfect. CSS of some sites can conflict with the Chrome extension (soon to be alleviated though).

CR

CharlesHenri R.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

First-Time User

The customer service is on point and I think this is what will make you acquire and keep new client regardless of the rather hard to use software (well at least for a beginner that hasn't used your software really much). This is why I think when you want to onboard new clients that may not be expert in the automation industry you need to really support them and be there to answer their questions. Also, you should really focus and analyze the questions that beginners ask because this is a gold mine for content such as Youtube videos. Questions that new users ask should be what you make videos about.

Pros

All the different integrations. Action recorder is really great to save time and if you don't really know which function to choose

Cons

It's still not clear what each function does, I'd add some more details for the new user. It would be quicker then to have to check each time in your Youtube videos. Other then this I still have not used the tool enough to tell

Hello, we have details on our documentation page regarding each action and how they function so I would direct you there if you are unsure of how to use any of the tool's functions

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Revolutionary tool driven by a passionate community

Since I run a small company, being able to leverage machine intelligence to automate tasks not only reduces human error but also saves me money that would otherwise have to be spent on manpower. I know that the tool could be used to create Chrome extensions to be sold as products, and that's something I'm hoping to learn in time in order to expand my current offerings.

Pros

What a concept Cheat Layer is! Using it is like suddenly gaining super powers—you can automate so many actions and with the GPT-3 code generator, we are able to easily come up with solutions without learning code! The best thing is that the team is constantly working hard to provide support in the form of office hours, bootcamp training and challenges, as well as new features such as the desktop app!

Cons

Despite the fact that the interface has already made automation that much more accessible, this field in general requires a bit of learning and training. Since I do not have a background in programming, I still need to practice a bit, but I get the hang of it, so many possibilities are opened up. Even when I'm stuck, the amazing support team is there to offer help.

KA

Ka A.

Research, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

An excellent automation tool for academic research

I recently had the opportunity to use Cheatlayer for my academic research, and I was very impressed with the results. It was an easy-to-use, intuitive tool that allowed me to quickly and efficiently automate my research process. The automated processes allowed me to save a lot of time and energy, making the whole process much easier and more efficient. I was also able to customize my research process according to my individual needs and preferences. Overall, I found Cheatlayer to be a great automation tool for academic research. Highly recommended!

Pros

Cons

It has some learning curve and that is a bit challenging.

CK

Colin K.

Online Media, self-employed

Cheat Layer - Automate Anything

Cheat Layer allows you to set up automated systems to scrape data or post data to every website (not aware of any that will not work). Even to / from websites that dynamically change their code to make it difficult for automated tools. Many tasks can be set up and repeated as often as you want: every minute, hour, day, month year, on specific dates or can be triggered by a specific event using webhooks....

Pros

If you want to get the full potential Cheat Layer to do advanced data scraping or data posting to any website there is a learning curve and some coding knowledge will be required. However the Cheat Layer team are on hand to help with coding that you cannot grasp.

Cons

At a very basic level Cheat Layer can replace IFTTT, Zapier, Integromat, Microsoft Flow but it offers so much more. Virtually unlimited potential for unlimited online data tasks. I have not even scratched the surface of what CheatLayer can do. The team frequently post tutorials for new use cases that you would never have considered possible. The senior team are on hand to give support via the Facebook group and even on a one to one basis via Open Office Hours.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Cheat Layer is a multi toolbox great for for Non coders like me.

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to save time on mundane tasks. CheatLayer has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to the coming updates that will continue to make the software increasingly more user friendly.

Pros

I use CheatLayer to automate processes that I would otherwise have to do manually. Example to fill out 100 webforms form a csv file. This is awesome. What's amazing is that its a lightweight chrome plugin with multi uses. This is not just a web scraper, especially great in RPA for web based applications. Still getting used to the software but love it so far. This will mostly be use when a quick time saver for adhoc tasks on the web is needed!

Cons

Some learning curve for non programmers. Even the GPT3 may not be 100%. I hope the UI can be improved especially the visual flow builder. + require more pre-made help scripts/ dropdowns for beginners like me. Overall hope there can be also more youtube tutorials for in-dept use cases. Looking forward to more experimenting and tutorials or training from the team.

CR

Chris R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Cheatlayer is a must have

Pros

One of the best things about the software is the team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] built an amazing tool, but didn't stop there. He continues to improve things and is very active in listening to and understanding the needs of his users. If I had to speak specifically about a feature within the tool that has proved most useful, it would be the no-code option. I have used it to help us create code and automations that have dramatically reduced the need to write code for some pretty complex actions.

Cons

There's a learning curve, but the team makes time to help users understand the product and how to use it within your business

BA

Bijay A.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Next Level Automation!

Pros

The thing I love most about Cheatlayer is that the API is simple to use and it allows anyone to make a script without being a developer. These simple scripts make it easy to automate repetitive tasks on your site and save you tons of time.

Cons

Although this tool is super cool, it does take some getting used to. When I first started, it was a real challenge.

KC

Konstantin C.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Great platform for repetitive tasks, automation with GPT-3 input

In short: Amazing for what I can do with it! I still use just 1% of what can do, but I hope I will use more and more and explore it deeper.

Pros

1.) I use Cheat Layer to create scripts with no coding experience thanks to the GPT-3 core, just type what you need and the script is ready for you; 2.) You can scrap data from the websites which require a lot of programming and knowledge, time, doing repetitive tasks, but thanks to Cheat Layer, this can be done very easy; 3.) No limitations of what you can do with it, program it and it will consider the job is done from the cloud; 4.) There is a learning curve about how it works, but the team constantly provides learning courses how to use it.

Cons

Platform is fresh and still in development, but the Kickstarter users should give a real feedback to improve the product.

Design, 1-10 employees

One-of-a-kind with unlimited usecases but definitely not for newbies

Pros

There isn't much of this kind of app available as far as I know. I can see there are tons of possibilities and usecases. It's unique with its integration with GPT-3 where we can use layman English to generate script except it's actually not as simple and straightforward as I thought. However, now that the desktop app is released with a recorder, it records my actions and the automation is created way faster and more easily.

Cons

A huge learning curve for me as someone non-techie with zero knowledge of JavaScript. Even with the GPT-3, it's not as easy to just type in your own voice expecting it to generate the script to work exactly as you want it to be. You still need to know how to word it right with some JavaScript knowledge.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Powerful Tool To AUtomate Browser Activities

To be honest there is a learning curve and you need to invest some time to use the features and it's full potential. The team behind the CL is awesome and supportive so it makes the learning curve bit easier. I can see huge potential for this and especially to those who have lot of product ideas and want to build MVPs quickly.

Pros

I like taht we can use natural language by using GPT-3 to get required code generated in the JS to complete our tasks. This feature separate CL from other competitors. They are also brining in RPA desktop autoamtion tool which is in the beta right now. This would take the product to another level. Another good feature of CL is you get access to their cloud called Cheat Cloud. You can use cloud to save and trigger your cheats (automations) from anywhere using webhooks.

Cons

UIUX. Being at the initial stage of the life cycle I can undertand the team's decision to prioritize functionalities over UI. But lot of times basic UI get in the way of accomplitioing tasks. Better looking UI and easy to follow UX is much needed. Howerver I see they are improvig for last few days and hopefully we will see better UIUX soon.

LA

Lukasz A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Amazing! Almost no limits with use cases

With Cheat Layer it's really easy to build any type of automation, scraping, monitoring, and even to make personal Zapier style app with various triggers and actions

Pros

Great possibilities, awesome support, web browser / desktop / cloud versions

Cons

UI/UX - not the worst, but needs some improvements

CG

Chad G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Cheat Layer has made it possible for me to make no-code custom automations quickly and easily

The benefits are I have been able to make customized scraping tools as well as automations to quickly help me with my marketing efforts. Integrating Cheat Layer with other software has been great.

Pros

I love that I can make no-code customized automations specific to my needs. I like that there is a desktop version as well as a chrome extension of Cheat Layer. The action recorder has been a great feature. I can easily integrate Cheat Layer with other software.

Cons

Cheat Layer was growing and changing so quickly initially that it was hard to keep up with all of the changes. However, these were all good changes, or new features.

Reed F.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Wonderful time saver + ability to create software to sell

Pros

Has tons of potential for you to automate tasks on your computer and also turn them into chrome extensions or desktop apps that you could sell. You could definitely use this tool to replace employees or virtual assistants.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve to figure it out. If you know javascript it will help a ton

Joseph G.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great Price for an Even Better Product

Great product, great price, and has saved me countless hours of repetitive work

Pros

Cheatlayer was easy to set up and the team is very helpful with onboarding. The product itself has saved me countless hours.

Cons

It can be a little complicated with the number of features