ELSA Speak Logo

ELSA Speak Reviews - Page 2

LP

Lissage P.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Elsa the best app for learning languajes.

With Elsa I have solve all research problems that I had. It was tough for me understand a scientific articles without using a dictionnary. Now, with Elsa is the opposite. Everything is clearer for me.

Pros

Elsa is a wonderful app for learning english Because, before knowing Elsa, I have had a bad pronunciation and the worst intonation. But now, with Elsa, I speak like a native. I have a better understanding of learning languajes. I have no fear to speak with an American, a Canadian or an Australian because I feel that I become strong in English. The main features of this app that I love so much are: pronunciation, intonation, learning of new words. Let me say to you that the two first features(pronunciation and intonation) are the key to become an english speaker. I recommend highly this app to everybody who want to speak like a native because Elsa has broken all my bad habits in learning english. Now, I speak confidently.

Cons

Pronunce a word or a sentence several times when it seems difficult for the app understand what I am saying. Because, I feel and i listen that I pronunce very well the word, but Elsa,sometime has some difficulties to understand it. You can work to make Elsa better in this aspect.

Thanks for the awesome review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We hope to upgrade our products' features soon to increase customers' experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

I enjoyed learning English with Elsa

I highly appreciate the features and the delicate of this application for English learners.

Pros

What I paid for the lifetime package is reasonable and my skills, especially pronunciation get improved by practising everyday.

Cons

There are several tracks recommended for my practise so sometimes it caused me confused with the appearance.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Do not miss this ideal application to practice English

I am totally satisfied with using this application.

Pros

The capability to recognise every single sound from my voice is really impressive and this helps improve my pronunciation a lot.

Cons

The appearance is a bit confused to understand the structure of lessons.

DK

Dimi K.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

So far so good with this Elsa speaking

This is good for me as I can practice it whenever there is free time for me and the speech recognition along with replaying my speech is the best feature in this app.

Pros

Self-learning with interactive communication was very helpful for me and this Elsa speak gives me feedback on my speech which I thought it wouldn't be possible without off-line teacher. Speech recognition looks it works for me so far even sometimes I doubt how it would work as it just points out the same pattern over and over.

Cons

As I mentiond in the pros I feel sometimes the speech recognition gives me the same feedback. However it's not easy to find a way to improve it in this app and I think I need to get advices from teachers on the pattern. I saw the app has a community to find a teacher but I don't think they would know my progress in the Elsa speaking.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's a valuable asset for us to improve our product to meet clients' expectations. We hope to continue to work with you in the way of learning English

Zahir R.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Excellent AI based self learning app

It helps to communicate with international project client, stakeholder with much confidence.

Pros

User can measure current status, ELSA helps user to give focus on learning on their weak areas. This is pretty much easy to use, just need internet connection. It can add values to business.

Cons

It could be more useful if user can use it from web browser. In person coaching price is bit high whereas it is more convenient in HALLO app. I think there have no difficulties to integrate with business team, it will help to add more profit to non-native English speaking business team.

PN

Phu N.

Research, 10,001+ employees

A useful application

I'm teaching students to learn pronunciation so the speech analysis is excellent.

Pros

The speech recognition is excellent that I use every day. I also love the dictionary and lessons of ELSA. I've recommended this app for many of my students and friends.

Cons

I do hope that the dictionary can be used offline.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We hope to upgrade our products' features soon to increase customers' experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

EG

Eliyahu G.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Awesome product

loved it

Pros

I loved the automated training programs. I've done them all and would like to have more like those (with the 7 steps & test in the end)

Cons

I would love to see how to stress and do intonation everywhere like I do have feedback on the pronunciation. I'd also love to have feedback on the stress / intonation

OB

Orsolya B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Pros

Pronunciation recognition - I really liked that I can say something and Elsa recognizes my mistakes and guves me guidelines how to improve it.

Cons

The Continue button - it should be automatized, so wheb I click on the choosed word it should be move forward and shouldnt wait for me to press continue all the time.

MS

Mark S.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Helps me with the pronunciation a lot

Pros

This software is very useful if you want to improve your pronunciation. You can hear the correct pronunciation for each sentence and compare it to yours. It's even possible to slow it down. The incorrect pronunciation is highlighted so you know where to improve. What I like the most: - Easy progress tracking / noticable progress - Different topics to choose from - Multiple fields to improve in (pronunciation, intonation, listening, word stress, conversation) - Difficulty levels - Business English - Affordable - Nice design

Cons

Sometimes it seems to me that a word isn't recognized properly. The pronunciation sounds correct to me but according to Elsa Speak it's not.

JK

Johana K.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Can use everywhere and very easy to use

Great, really. I hope someday ELSA take me on vacation to Canada to practice the result of my ELSA learning lol. Because I am always in the upper student chart lol.

Pros

This is the first app I tried that used AI to learn the language

Cons

Somehow the app not stable even though my internet connection didn't mess

OH

Omar H.

Financial Services, self-employed

Elsa idvidual user!

Overall, Elsa is one of the best apps that add value to users and increase their knowledge of English! It is recommended if you want to learn English with an accent.

Pros

I have seen progress in learning English as a second languageThe App overall is easy to useThe app helped me to score a high rate in General ILETS

Cons

The app is full of features, and I wish there were a dashboard that reflects the progress with weak areas.There are no interactive achievements.

PC

Patima C.

Research, 10,001+ employees

Good app for Speaking practice

I am glad to practice with ELSA Speak. I also share it on my SNS. A lot of my friends told me that they use this app because of me.

Pros

I like everything about this app except some bugs and lack of progress summarize

Cons

No progress report sends to my email like some apps

LH

Lubos H.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

My view

I find it useful, doing the recommended lesson daily.

Pros

I like namely pronunciation skill, word stress, listening game.

Cons

I do not like speaking game and reading of long sentences. I find it useful, doing the recommended lesson daily.

RO

Reisla O.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

First impression of Elsa

Pros

I started using the trial version of the application and quickly included it in my daily English study practice. Through a quick test, it is possible to identify specific pronunciation and intonation problems, which directs the efforts to be taken. The application has a bank of video clips of interviews, lectures in real situations that greatly facilitate the understanding of sounds previously unperceived with the use of artificial intelligence.

Cons

I don't find the program so easy to manage. When starting each study session I am presented with many "recommended", "by topics" or "games" options for training, when it would be more intuitive to continue directly from where I left off.

Angela P.

Human Resources, self-employed

Huge improvements in just few days!

I've been using Elsa for ten days now, and I'm an enthusiast! I wanted an app to improve my pronunciation, and I have found much more. I'm impressed by all the learning possibilities. Never in my life, I have been able to be consistent and train each day. Now, I do it, even more time than 20 minutes. It's fun and rewarding.

Pros

I can get tracking of my pronunciation, fluency, intonation, listening, word stressing... And I can test all that. I get a fine perception of my improvements. Other things: high personalization level; the videos with the mouth position and the short explanations. It's so full of useful details and complete!

Cons

It's not so clear how to organize my own content, but I haven't had the time to explore this possibility, yet.

EK

Elizaveta K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

A good app to improve pronunciation

Pros

The most important function of this app for me is the correct recognition of sounds and the evaluation of how correctly they are pronounced (with recommendations for improvement). Of the apps I've tried, Elsa is the one that recognizes sounds correctly.

Cons

Unfortunately, sometimes there are still problems with sound recognition. So you can continue to improve the engine responsible for speech recognition. Sometimes it is not clear what exactly is wrong in the pronunciation (not enough comments, how exactly to correct the pronunciation of the sound, how the language should be positioned, etc.) The app has added videos from Rachel's English channel, but sometimes it is not enough.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Only American Accent

It was fun. However, I got quickly bored of the lack of content.

Pros

The app is immersive, has good animations, is intuitive and you feel guided in your learning. In addition, it has different learning games.

Cons

1) Elsa does not have a British accent setting, which is why I have stopped using it. 2) The layout of the video pages leaves little room for the video itself, and it does not allow for rotating the screen to enlarge the image. 3) The learning games are always the same. It would be good if they were autogenerated from a database of words, like Duolingo. That way, the user could return and do the old exercises without going through the same words and phrases they have practised.

Dmytro S.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Training by doing great things

I train my pronunciation issues day-to-day

Pros

My pronunciation is improved by training with Elsa app

Cons

I don't think the question is easy. I like the app and I going to use it all time

MS

Mohamed S.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Very Nice & useful application for all levels of users

highly recommended for friends for learning English practice

Pros

Increase the learning practice & useful for enhance the pronunciation

Cons

free levels need to increase a little bit

Ahmed T.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

From fear to fluent

Pros

Accurate analysis and tips to reach the best pronunciation

Cons

Everything was fine , I just hope the price for the professional version is cheaper than it is now.

LG

Lais G.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Best Speaking Practice App in the Market

ELSA is overall excellent. I make all my students download it.

Pros

ELSA provides you real-time feedback on your pronunciation and teaches you how to fix whatever is inadequate. It’s is just perfect.

Cons

The app is a bit inflexible when it comes to accents — native speaker accents — and also connected speech. Sometimes in spoken English some Ts are dropped for example. But if you drop them while reproducing a dialogue, ELSA will mark you for it. Therefore, it needs room to foresee variation of native speech.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Program that allows speech

Pros

I like this feature, which is quite successful in detecting and evaluating sound. When I record my voice, it scores my pronunciation and I can listen to it again until it's correct. I can easily listen to how to properly voice over.

Cons

I think the program was created only on sound and pronunciation. Besides, I am lacking in writing and reading texts. Perhaps, while so much infrastructure has been developed, the program can be divided into larger English sections. There are some parts that are wanted to be done in a day, these can get boring after a while. Therefore, it should be more diversified.

SK

Stefanie K.

Investment Management, self-employed

The best for language lerning and call recording

I like the interactive experience of learning and making progress with this software.

Pros

I love learning and tracking my language progress with ELSA.

Cons

I feel like sometimes there are some incorrect pronounciations but it does not happen very often.

BR

Bachir R.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

English fluency starts here

I do like the way how this App evaluate what sounds or which pronunciation needs improvement. I like the quick assessment that creates a personalized courses and lessons for user. Day after day using this App, I feel more confident to speaker English in proper way.

Pros

It is so interesting App to start with to evaluating real English level then keep working on language skills on as Word Stress , Intonation, Fluency, and pronunciation to the perfection as native speakers besides the vocabulary and grammar.

Cons

Actually, I have nothing to say in this section, I've found that app by chance and I do love it day after day.

LS

Laszlo S.

Accounting, self-employed

An accountant

I would like to work in an English speaking environment, and I could practice a lot with almost real example conversation dialogue.

Pros

This app helps me a lot to improve my speaking skills.

Cons

This app is a bit slow to open this app on my iPhone.