ELSA Speak Logo

ELSA Speak Reviews - Page 3

YP

Yanis P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Quite good but with some bugs

Pros

What I like the most is the ability to see our progresses as the days go by. I learn to have a very good pronounciations and fluency...

Cons

But the league system is very not accurate... I mean, I used to play to have a good score until someone reach 40K points in 6 days... How this can be possible ??? Speaking like a robot or repeating sentences over and over again because the app doesn't recognize all words and syllable is boring and stressing... Sometimes, I have to quit exercice because it doesn't work properly even if I "force" my word to be clearer...

DS

Doaa S.

Education Management, self-employed

It is a very useful and effective app in learning English

In my experience with this app it helps me a lot in improving my pronunciation .

Pros

It Improves my pronunciation , also it has a variety of courses .

Cons

I hope if they make videos of conversations .

KK

Keshav K.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Awesome

Pros

I liked one thing most it provides correction to even a single word when we are pronouncing it.

Cons

Sometime software lags and won't able to capture voice it becomes irritating.

Mohamed S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

I love ELSA SPEAK

It helped me to speak English fluently. I love it.

Pros

It's helping me to modify my pronunciation and speak as natives and learning me many phrases and vocabulary is in different situations. It uses more methods like conversations, texts, video calls, listening tests, and others.

Cons

I can't modify the text size. I can't copy any text. The translation into Arabic is not professional.

RA

Ramin A.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extremely helpful

I'm contented.

Pros

It really helped me improve my pronunciation and fluency. I used to use some even simple word in English incorrectly.

Cons

Although every thing is good, maybe when the learner tries a word a lot and doesn't know where the problem is, the app should open the camera to analyze the mouth gesture of the learner to realize the problem.

MC

Michele C.

Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

What else, Elsa?

Generally ok but, after a significant engagement, in the beginning, I felt like "ok... what else, Elsa?"

Pros

I liked the general appearance of the app: beautiful and easy to use. the speech recognition function has been surprising the first time: it helped me a lot to understand that, even micro differences between sounds, can change the meaning and the effectiveness of my speech.

Cons

After a couple of days, I understood that the "type" of exercises were almost the same 3-4. Different content, ok, but not having new kinds of exercises made the experience less challenging every passing day. I would prefer to access new exercises when reaching new levels of the "game". The speaking exercises, for example, after a while reading the answers purposed by the software, could become that I have to answer the question in the dialogue, inventing the sentences myself.

Accounting, 10,001+ employees

Best learning way ever

Pros

The software corrects me immediately and I get immadiate feedback. The videos are also cool, previously no one could explain and illuastrate me, how to form sounds. As Englisg is not my mother tongue, these explanations help me a lot in my improvement.

Cons

There is only one thing practiced: eg. when I learn the "th" sound, I get words/sentences to pronounce, but the software focuses only on the "th" sound, while I pronounce incorrectly the other parts of the word.

aM

artin M.

Research, self-employed

Absolutely amazing product

Perfect

Pros

I've never used a better AI for language. In fact, I'm amazed that no other company has successfully replicated Elsa speak. Typically, everyone rushes to imitate good products. I'm guessing they couldn't since the quality was so excellent.

Cons

I wish I could access it on my computer (web browser) too.

WG

Witold G.

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

Amazing English language AI couch in your phone

Pros

The app is brilliant! It helped me to correct my pronunciation mistakes in few months. It never happened during my 10+ years of learning English in schools. I'm happy to get closer to the native pronunciation every day. I like the most the feature of selecting a certain word and exercising just it. The app is absolutely great!

Cons

I do not find any cons so far. Maybe some integration with real teachers live could be introduce to enrich learning experience.

AA

Abdul Ahad A.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Course management

I am not interested in spending more time with ELSA speaking

Pros

The software needs amendment since it doesn't have a specified program for a student; it should give a clear timetable for the student about the program, for example; how many days the spelling requires, how many days grammar, how many days reading and how many days writing the writing requires.

Cons

only adhering to one part of training especially the spelling discouraging the student

BB

Brice B.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Game changing

Overall very satisfied and think it is the leading app in the field.

Pros

This app is game changing and really helps people learn and master english!

Cons

Like any app, Elsa could use some further updates, new features. I feel like the intonation and fluency features could be more accurate or better explained.

AH

Ahmed H.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent rating

Loving

Pros

Live chatting with speakers more features to help the self learner do more progress

Cons

Simple Right on target Help me to get improved

HD

Ha D.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

ELSA API for English language centers in Vietnam

Pros

The ELSA API really helps teachers of English in Vietnamese schools and language centers to make the pronunciation and speaking teaching easy and standardized.

Cons

It is still a bit on the expensive side for teachers and students in a low mi-income country like Vietnam.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's a valuable asset for us to improve our product to meet clients' expectations. We hope to continue to work with you in the way of teaching and learning English

HM

Hana M.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

Useful

- very useful app - great customer service

Pros

- feedback on your recordings and feedback on mistakes - training pronunciation, fluency, intonation and word stress - daily goals are motivating for keeping streaks

Cons

- sometimes, the application freezes, and I have to repeat the lesson from the beginning - some lessons focus on business English, which is complex and boring - I don't know what Cassiopeia league is and how it works

marcos m.

Security and Investigations, 1,001-5,000 employees

Software excelente de idiomas

En términos generales, como usuario me encuentro muy conforme con la calidad del software y la aplicación móvil ya que te mantiene en constante recordatorio para que continues tu avance y el nivel de idioma que aprendes es muy bueno.

Pros

Notificaciones constantes para recordar el aprendizaje, además puedes personalizar los recordatorios para que siempre puedas estudiar a las horas que te acomodan y la cantidad de tiempo que tu dispones para ello.

Cons

en ocasiones se generan textos demasiado largos para poder traducir, lo que resulta un poco agobiante, pero a la vez supone un reto.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Definitively my first option

Pros

Excelente app para niños que desean aprender, en mi caso siendo adulto me ayudo a mejorar mi pronunciación

Cons

Nada, me parece fantastica la app y creo que han hecho todo bien

MV

Marcus V.

Government Relations, 201-500 employees

Great sfoftware

One of the greatest fears of we starting learning english is the doubt of pronounce, making the people be ashamed of even try to speak, I notice an improve of my pronounce in on line class, and i believe that the software expand to grammar and online lessons will get a lot of users , because i really enjoy using this app.

Pros

Easy of use, the Voice analisys is amazing. Great tô develop the pronounce.

Cons

I don't have any cons about it. It's a great software.

SY

Soongseok Y.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

Can improve your english skill.

Pros

I can improve my English intonation and accent by using this apps. I can track my wrong accent very easily.

Cons

it would be great to choose options of English accents like the USA, the UK and so on. This is because I’m studying IELTS and I want to improve speaking ability more. So, if you give me choices to study British accent or States accent, this app can develop more.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

スピーキング力を上げたいならELSA Speak

コンテンツは非常に興味深いものが多く、自身のレベルの把握のしやすさや即時のフィードバックなど、これまで使用した言語学習サービスとは異なると思った。スピーキングを練習したいなら、まずELSA Speakを試してみることをおすすめする。

Pros

様々な学習目的で使用可能であり、スピーチ認識フィードバックは発音、スピーキング力、そして話す自信を向上させる上で間違いなく役に立つ。現在のレベルおよびゴールを把握できるので、学習計画を立てやすい。

Cons

トライアル期間がもう少し短いと感じた。少しでも自身のスピーキング力が向上したと感じられたほうが言語学習を続けるモチベーションを保ちやすいが、7日間ではそれがわかるとはあまり思えないため、サービスが本当にスピーキング力向上に役立つか判断できないまま終わってしまう可能性がある。

Showing original review in Japanese. See translation

NR

Natshok R.

Environmental Services, self-employed

My perception

My pronunciation has improved alot

Pros

Easy tools and catchy because in other app there are lots of complicated and reduddant tools which further limits the learning capacity of learners whereas ELSA hasnot.

Cons

Limited free learning options, if you provide abjndant learning tools, certainly we costmoer would buy the product for our benefits.

NK

Namakankone K.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Elsa the best application

Pros

I really like the accuracy of the site. Elsa is very good application

Cons

For me Elsa is à complete application and there's nothing i dont like about ths app!

JT

Jazzie Tonette B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Satisfied customer

Overall I like it when it comes to pronunciation and conversation practice

Pros

It is easy to use, organize like basic to professional, have choices it defends on the user which one she/he preferred to use.

Cons

Don’t have categories so far like if medical, what I mean is it is broaden, the topic is more on general.

TD

Thuy D.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Good to use

So far so good, if you can improve the speed of application will be better

Pros

Multiple options for learning: vocabulary, listening, speaking. I can know where I need to improve on pronunciation.

Cons

Sometimes the speed of evaluation of my voice is quite slow. It is not stable and freezed. I have to quit the application and access again.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Dentro del top de mejores apps para aprender inglés

La utilizo frecuentemente y me parece una herramienta indispensable junto a otras apps similares para mejorar en el dominio de idiomas.

Pros

La rigurosidad que tiene con el usuario para exigirle ciertos resultados en cuanto a pronunciación, me parece que excelente y propicia sí o sí la mejora en las habilidades de pronunciación.

Cons

Lamentablemente es una app paga en gran medida, con lo cual, limita a muchos usuarios de poder utilizar una herramienta tan valiosa.

KC

Kerem C.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great study as a private lessons

ELSA is useful to improve probounciation

Pros

Probounciation exercise Learn new words