Microsoft Office Lens

OCR solution for businesses of all sizes

Microsoft Office Lens Reviews - Page 2

MS Office Lens Review

It helps create pdf's without the use of a scanner which is very convenient.

Pros

It's very easy to create different types of documents through this app (I have used it primarily for creating pdf's). The app is very easy to use and saves the files within the app. Files can easily be shared through all the options available in the phone, like WhatsApp, Gmail, etc.

Cons

The app is fine but the major requirement to create good pdf's is that the smartphone's camera should be good. If the camera is not clean or isn't a good one, then the user will encounter problems relating to the clarity of pdf.

Scan Professional Documents without a Scanner!

I like that no matter where I am at, I can scan any document. It has been so convenient especially working virtually to get sheet music to my students online. Overall, this has been a great product and a nice change to other apps I have used.

Pros

I love that I can use my phone to scan any document any time and have an incredible, clear picture as a result. I have tried other scanner apps for sheet music and they just aren’t able to capture the detail like this app is able to do. It’s free and many other scanning apps charge. I’ve been impressed with the way I’m able to arrange each page in a different order than it was scanned before I upload it as a PDF.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn’t accurately crop the images so I have to manually do it, but it doesn’t take much time and is fairly simple to do.

Very good pocket scanner

Scanning documents or paperboard is now very simple !

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens is very easy to use. It is efficient for scanning documents with a smartphone or to backup paperboard for further use. It is fully integrated with OneDrive.

Cons

No great defaults for this product. OCR function sometimes needs manual correction, but this is accpetable for this kind of (free) product.

Very Simple Review of Microsoft Office Lens

It's highly efficient and easy to handle. Can be accessed through both laptops and mobile phones, which is the best part of it. I suggest all my friends to use this app for scanning purposes. It has always worked as a time saver for me. It doesn't add watermark to the output files, which I love the most.

Pros

It's the best scanner app that I have ever used. Its highly reliable, providing high quality scanning services. I also use Office Lens to capture clear images of official documents. Its highly efficient in focusing the camera on the document and avoid capturing the surrounding space. It also converts images into PDFs and documents. Direct, effective storage and easily shared.

Cons

I feel that a more pleasant appearance should be provided with customisable themes.

Life saver app!

Pros

As a worker in which paper works basically occupies half of the practical work you do, Microsoft Office Lens is a totally life saver app. It saves lots of time of your scanning stuff and never let you down. The quality of the PDF files it produces are always great. Lastly, it is such a good thing that the app is not forcing you to put watermarks on your scanned pictures in every mod like other similar apps in market.

Cons

First of all, the editing options are limited in this app. There should be more editing features on the pictures you scanned. Even the brightness is prefixed. Also, there should be saving option to google drive as well, not everyone is using the same cloud.

Microsoft Lens user

Im now able to scan a document, or entire screen. I'm able to export into the Microsoft ecosystem.

Pros

The features i think are most impactful is being able to turn your computer of smartphone into a scanner that puts in business cards, documents and receipts into OneNote.

Cons

Only missing feature is not being able to save scanned documents into the gallery.

Great Service

I loved using Microsoft Office Lens because it really helped increase my overall productivity at work throughout the day.

Pros

I loved using Microsoft Office Lens. I recently switched to a new service due to company policy but i really prefer Office Lens because of the diverse array of options for completing activities throughout my day.

Cons

Like many Microsoft products, Office Lens is not always compatible with Mac or Apple products. I often experience logouts or glitches when working on my iPhone or Mac computer.

Like a pocket scanner

I have been using MS Office Lens for a while. I absolutely love it. I see my self frequently needing to scan papers and business cards and it works flawless. I have it save all my documents to OneDrive.

Pros

I like that it is literally like a scanner in your pocket. It can take photos of documents and whiteboards and turn them into perfect copies in Word and pdf files. You can easily store them in OneDrive. I also like that it automatically crops the paper or whiteboard to save you time.

Cons

I really didn’t dislike anything about them software.

Great software for those with little time for scanning documents.

Just fantastic - I highly recommend this software to anyone trying to reduce their need for scanning hardware.

Pros

It is simply great - I have a whiteboard session in the boardroom, then snap the board, instantly the board is documented in my Onedrive forever.

Cons

It could be faster, but really this is not an issue. The pros absolutely make up for any lagging of the software.

One of the basic programs that you should have

Pros

Lens is a very useful program that converts everything into PDF documents for you. I use the free version, it is very practical. The software automatically recognizes the documents, writings, pictures and fixes the edges so that the document angle in the picture looks perfect.

Cons

I generally like it, but I can say that sometimes it takes time to recognize some pictures.

Well integrated with enterprise applications

As an end user, I am happy overall with this product and would easily recommend to my fellow colleagues.

Pros

I use Lens on Android for scanning receipts and taking pictures of discussion whiteboards. I like the way its integrated with other enterprise applications. Its easy to upload to expense application or share the images with team (in Microsoft Teams)

Cons

The receipt images many a time needs some cropping - especially when focus is used. Also, the flash blurs some receipts. Hence, I workaround by using alternate light sources

Great tool to scan useful documents on the go

Microsoft lens allows me to seamlessly scan all important data that I need to send to my clients and the image to text feature has helped me to scan numerous business card without a hassle.

Pros

Pros: Converts images into great scanned formats such as pdfs and jpegs. Easy to use. The filters can do magic on a document. Sometimes produces better results than an average scanner. Seamless integration with One Drive.

Cons

Cons: Slightly difficult for first time users. Bit of a learning curve when compared to the Google alternative.

The photocopy room in my hand

I use Microsoft Office Lens to scan documents in a (almost) professional way. I keep all my documents into OneDrive, so the workflow is really easy.

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens lets you scan into PDF (or OCR) a document, screen, board or image. It's a really powerful software and very smooth. It has the function to export it directly to the Microsoft Office ecosystem.

Cons

You can't save the scanned documents directly into the gallery. Sometimes it fails or crashes. Nothing else bad to say about it.

So glad I switched to Google Docs

When I asked for help, I was met with hyper-tech speak and they were condescending.

Pros

At first it was a novel program. It was hard to figure out, but once I found my way I was able to use it in it's simplest form.

Cons

I had NO IDEA all the bells and whistles that were attached to this program because it was NOT intuitive at all.

Helpful tool in our day to day tasks

It is really good and quick way to get our documents printed in no time and also very helpful in sharing with others

Pros

-It is very easy to use -Easy to share -Its results' quality is almost same as printer

Cons

-It takes too much space on mobile -Its predicting engine is not as good as it should be to replace printer

Office Lens - Usefull Tool

Office Lens is a very practical application that you can save when you need to scan documents, books and invoices. With simple processes, you can get digital versions of your documents and even better ones. Or, it is a pleasant surprise, a way to turn inaccuracies into Microsoft Word and PDF documents. Excellent for adjusting images.

Pros

Save everything in the cloud Full integration with the Microsoft Office suite Margin recognition

Cons

Does not OCR in handwritten text Colors may be distorted

Corrects for parallax

Great!

Pros

This software can take a picture from a side angle and square the edges so it appears to be a picture taken straight on. Best for taking pictures of blackboards, PowerPoint presentations, documents, etc.

Cons

The blackboard setting sometimes washes out.

Totally love it

Love it

Pros

I used to use cam scanner but this are so much better in so many ways, i can take pictures to whiteboard at my collage and save them in pretty high quality!

Cons

Nothing i love how it sincronize with my one drive cloud and i dont lose anything

Good but could be better

Good but can improve

Pros

Easy to use and effective. Image filter to get a document look is great.

Cons

The upload section is hard to use and confusing. Also uploaded documents stay in the upload section for too long.

Office Lens for Focus and Clarity

Office Lens helps me take clear images of documents so that I can keep an efficient record of important information.

Pros

I use Office Lens to capture clear images of documents. The app has a helpful feature that allows me to focus my camera on the document I want to photograph and avoid capturing most (if not all) of the negative space in the surrounding area. It works along with other apps on my phone, so I can choose to save the image to my photo gallery, One Drive, Microsoft Word, PDF, etc.

Cons

Every now and again the image will be captured at a slight angle so that the desk or surface beneath the document will be seen to one side the image captured, however it is a small issue, since I am given the option to crop and align the photo before saving it.

A fantastically-simple tool for getting all of those receipts for business travelers for expenses

When traveling for work, I use Office Lens to take pictures of all of my receipts in near-real-time and then have them available in a "scanned" look that is acceptable for accounting when I submit my expense reports.

Pros

Auto-corrects pictures taken from a phone to look more like they were scanned and not taken with a phone camera

Cons

Office Lens is a fantastic tool if using Microsoft products or companies that align with Microsoft; if you're not using such a product, it becomes a fancy photo editor.

The best

Pros

I really like this app, because it is easy to use, scans documents, photos properly, and I can upload easily to OneDrive or share to my contacts.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long time to upload my documents to OneDrive.

Ultimate mobile scanner

It is very easy to use and capture information. In addition collating all of what you capture in the pages order is very easy on this app to do.

Pros

It has special scanning features such as capturing information from a whiteboard or business card or passport photo. It adjust amazingly well to capture various platforms.

Cons

It does not gives you an option to save output to a non-microsoft app on my phone although I can email whatever I scan.

A useful mobile tool for scanning on the go

I use this app for keeping a soft copy of my work meeting notes.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the tight integration with OneNote.

Cons

The mobile interface was sometimes a bit clunky, but its improved with time.

Great help for sending and saving documents digitally

The overall experience is absolutely positive. Using this has made putting documents in digital form very easy.

Pros

The documents saved look great and are easy to read.

Cons

Sometimes have trouble lining things up.