Microsoft Office Lens

OCR solution for businesses of all sizes

Microsoft Office Lens Reviews - Page 3

My scanner is always with me thanks to Microsoft Office Lens!

I am very pleased with this program, which I started to use especially at the time of the pandemic. When some documents need to be scanned and sent because I have been working from home for months, Microsoft Office Lens can be a perfect solution.

Pros

It scans my documents perfectly. Document quality is at the best level that can be done with a phone. This is the most important feature for me.

Cons

I think the software is at a pretty good level right now. Only loading times can get quite long sometimes. This can be improved.

scan and print easily

I would like a better design and that within the same software the print queue could be organized and thus be able to schedule and print them automatically

Pros

What fascinates me the most is the ease of use that I have available at any time without the need for a computer, besides that we can export a document directly to Microsoft Word to modify it quickly

Cons

I would only like small improvements in terms of appearance and accessibility of some tools, but in general terms it is very good software

Confusing Set-Up

Took months to get set-up all the way completed as there was an issue with the Microsoft customer service reps not being able to assist with set-up or integration. Very frustrating experience.

Pros

Microsoft is one of the world's leading software's, so it integrates with most other products nicely.

Cons

The customer service for set-up was awful, took weeks to get everything properly set up and the customer service reps don't seem to know what they are talking about.

Its an essential part of business

Pros

This program allows me to do everything from writing a letter to making a label!

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software!

Great little tool

Makes life much easier when it comes to scanning documents on the go, and on urgent basis

Pros

Very straightforward and simple to use Saves you the hassle of correcting and cropping pictured documents

Cons

None is there in my opinion, the tool is meant to do a job which is being done up to the needed standard

A quick scanner action

I use this app to replace my scanner 90% of times. It's in my homescreen.

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens provides you with a technology already known, but what is interesting is that you can upload it directly in you OneDrive/Office365 ecosystem. It's fast, simple and never crashes. The OCR processor is very good.

Cons

There's no way to save a scanned document to the gallery, and that is a little bit annoying.

Simple, but very necessary

Great app overall! it does its job very well, and is so handy to have!

Pros

This is one of those apps that's simple and gets a ton of use. Whether you are using this as an employee or just for personal use, it makes scanning documents and other pieces of writing so much easier.

Cons

There are no cons! I have no more use for a traditional scanner anymore because of how well this app worked to replace it.

Best scanner out there

Great overall performance compared to other alternatives out there and it works pretty well with the office suite

Pros

Very easy to use and innovative product that enables users to quickly scan documents or boards and then transforms these documents to legitimate scanned documents in various formats like pdf.

Cons

Sometimes on my android phone it lags and fails to save scanned documents. Also on minor occasions the app failed to recognise the document.

My Microsoft Office Lens Review

It is a great addition for Microsoft Office as you can just take Photo's of business cards and receipts while saving them all to one folder. This way you have your contacts in one place and your receipts in one place during Tax Season.

Pros

This software/app integrates easily with your mobile office and various applications such as One Note, PowerPoint, PDF etc. It was easy to install and use. On the whiteboard option it really clears up your pictures for a presentation. It easily saves your Photo or Document to multiple platforms. Great for taking Photo's of business cards and receipts and keeping them in one folder.

Cons

It takes a while to save to PowerPoint and it fails at converting all documents to text in the Mobile Word Platform. Needs some work converting documents to Word text.

Digitize information quickly and easily

I use Microsoft Lens to digitise my notes after meetings. I often prefer to write by hand rather than on the computer.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to easily digitize notes. By uploading directly to my One Drive, I can quickly continue working with the digitized information.

Cons

After scanning a document, I have to choose how to save it. Here I would like to see a default storage method to save time.

Must have scanner!

Pros

It has the ability to save and scan any document you would want to save! Saves so much time because it's so convenient.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Microsoft Office Lens easy to use

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens easy to use for any user

Cons

Microsoft Office Lens an open system requires protection

A work in progress

overall the experience has been great and it has allowed me to present my ideas

Pros

As with a lot of Microsoft products they work well but still need to be innovative if they want to succeed

Cons

it still doesnt have all the features i would need to make it a solid alternative but its a strong application

A good PDF scanning application

I only need to scan files a few times per year, but Office Lens will be the one app I keep using for it.

Pros

Makes scanning files and saving as PDFs relatively easy, and you can email them right away or save in different file formats.

Cons

It can be difficult sometimes to properly focus your camera lens so that all document text is legible.

The best app to scan docs securely

It solves the problem of the requirement of a hardware scanner to be carried.

Pros

I love the accuracy with which the app is able to scan various documents and the trustworthiness of its user base for the safety of the same.

Cons

The interface of the app is not so pleasing to use. Personalization tools should be provided for the same.

Helpful for Students

Pros

Sometimes the professors would go to fast during lectures for presentations, and a lot of times students would take pictures of the screen and copy notes from them. I did this for a while but it was hard to see, so learning how to use this made it things much easier because I could read my notes right from my laptop and just insert the picture.

Cons

It took me a little bit to figure out how to use it, but then again I did not have any help. I figured it all out on my own. Once I got the hang of it it was pretty simple

Extremely useful app

This software allows our reps in the field to submit receipts in a timely fashion!

Pros

This software is extremely versatile. Not only can I use it to scan and edit documents but also receipts as well

Cons

There really are no downsides to this software, It works , period!

Easy to use and very functional.

Pros

I use this software on my phone, so whenever I need to send my client a softfile of our document, I just need to take a picture of it, and then convert it into PDF and send it. It is that easy. It also provides good quality of pictures and excellent cropping functionality.

Cons

It is really annoying whenever I need to send a document, I have to save it first instead of send it. So, I am a busy person who needs everything works quickly, it must be nice if Microsoft would update it so after scanning the document, it can be sent immediately instead of saving it first.

Works when it works but is a pain when it does not

Pros

It is cheap and easy and as simple as taking a picture, which is the primary function. It is automates a lot of functions

Cons

There are times when the program doesn't save or scan, especially when used in correspondence with Outlook.

Good for school work or assignments.

I realized that you can easily scan a document and then you can edit the document if it has text on it. It is really good in my opinion.

Pros

If you have an assignment that you want to take a picture of this app will help you with that. The free features are good and I recommended anyone who is in school or university to use this.

Cons

None. I do not have any problems with Office Lens.

Big Time Saver

Office Lens is very easy to use and helps to save time during meetings where you might have multiple concepts or list on a whiteboard that need to be recorded before being erased.

Pros

The amount of time saved not having to record a whole whiteboard of information is amazing. It not only takes a picture of the content but sharpens up the image and put it in a nice file format to easily be able to share out.

Cons

It can be hard to get the picture you want sometimes but for the most part this software is a breeze to use.

Awesome tool to scan documents!

I have the app of Lens on my phone, and it is great tool to take quick pictures and transform it to professional looking documents.

Pros

The UI is very simple and easy to use, during the pandemic lockdown, when everything was closed in our country, and of course not everyone has a scanner/printer at their households, this saved us each time we needed to sign and scan a document,.

Cons

Well, I cannot really think of something that I don't like about Microsoft Lens, maybe the first time was a bit difficult to use.

Lens

Pros

Somewhat easy to use and magable, very effective.

Cons

The high price tag monthly is kinda not what you expect from a high end software.

Simple, accessible and useful, Microsoft Office Lens is the best choice when scanning documents!

This valuable app can help a lot with quick scans that also demands quality nowadays. I liked the fact that you can use it in your smartphone and in our computer without any problem! This program is endeed a great resource at the work or for any other personal activities involving the digitisation of physical documents.

Pros

Easy to use and takes a low amount of storage space.

Cons

Since it is a free program from Microsoft, I would like to see it being advertised more often by the company for Office and Windows users that are unaware about the software!

Quick and Easy Digital Document Creation from Hard-copy

This software allows you to snap a photo of a document, note, or whiteboard and save it as a photo or PDF document. This comes in handy when wanting to turn a hand-written note into a digital document. Instead of having to save a trapezoid-shaped picture of it, the software defines the edges of the document and alters the photo to correct the shape into a rectangle.

Pros

Ease of use, quick formatting of documents, integration with One Drive

Cons

Sometimes the image comes out shadowed or blurry around the edges