All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Emburse Abacus Reviews

Pros

Overall, I would recommend this over other expensing tools. It is modern, they have mobile capabilities, and the support was excellent when needed.

Read the full review
The Tech support is very good and very willing to help if you have any kind of issues.

James M.

Read the full review
A total time-saver for everyone involved. The customer service has been outstanding, helping answer our questions every step of the way.

Scott F.

Tammy F.

Read the full review
Very aggravating interface. I believe they have deceptive marketing practices.

Mike B.

David C.

4.5

Effortless expense tracking and management

Pros

Having come from a huge tech company that had their own proprietary software to submit and reimburse expenses, Abacus is a breath of fresh air. It's unbelievably easy to use and both their website and their mobile app are clean, intuitive and get out of my way. I don't feel like I'm jumping through hoops or need to go through a bunch of red tape to get expenses reimbursed, and it helps me keep track of when my expenses are approved and reimbursements are being distributed. It's amazing being able to just take a photo of a receipt right from the app and upload it immediately. Don't need to hold onto receipts or gather scans in another app. Seriously, this software is so simple. Every company should use it.

Cons

I've had the mobile app crash a few times or just become unresponsive, but this is so inconsistent that I don't really think I've ever been inconvenienced by it.

Expenses Simplified

Pros

Abacus is easy to set up and use. The UI is intuitive, and it is self-explanatory to use. I really like that you can send email receipts to the abacus alias, and it parses out the expense for you. They have a mobile app that I use often, and I rarely have issues with the tool.

Cons

Sometimes the receipt scanning can take a long time, and you will go in and edit it manually. I don't like that it takes a long time to get email receipts into abacus.

Bad product

This has been the worst business decision we have made. We were looking for a case management software to streamline increase efficiency. The sales promises about this were simply not true and the free training is a joke. It is so basic that it served no purpose.

Pros

The support team is very responsive. The product may be great but once you purchase it they want more money to deliver the product rather than deliver the product.

Cons

The product is difficult to use, and simply does not offer the features that are available in quick books. It is a huge step backwards and requires an amazing amount of time to deal with glitches. It frustrates rather than enhance outlook. The product is outrageously priced for what we are able to do. I was assured it was the right product for my small firm but I don't think so.

Great Software

Pros

Super straightforward. Easy to use and provides visibility into the expensing process.

Cons

Nothing negative to say. Abacus works great.

Count your Savings!

I love that this is quick, and easy. Just take a picture of your receipts and attached the image to your expenses and that is it! Saves time, and shows corporate where they can save money or where too much is spent.

Pros

Abacus allows you to streamline and organize your expenses. It enables you to systematize how you refund your employees, execute your expenses and reconcile credit cards.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about Abacus. This saves time and money and approval and audit processes are faster. This is easy as counting on your fingers!

Very user friendly and straight forward

We switched from Concur to Abacus to handle our employee T&E.

Pros

The way the mobile app and web app work together makes it very easy to upload receipts from your phone and manage your expenses on your laptop.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app will crash or not function properly - its not quite as built out as the web app.

Very Easy to Use for Employees

Pros

I appreciate how easy Abacus makes it for me to submit expenses and how clear the process is. You can quickly see what expenses are pending, what has been approved, and what still need to be approved.

Cons

I wish there was a way to remove categories that are irrelevant to you or your team. I.e. if you are on the accounts team, you should be able to hid the sales categories to make it easier to categorize the expense.

Love abacus!

Pros

Abacus is great. It’s very straightforward and super user friendly. I think it’s extremely easy to streamline the entire expense process.

Cons

Nothing really! I’m just a user on the platform but I find it extremely easy to use and have no issues at all explaining to new hires how to use.

Best Expense Tracker

Pros

Easiest to use expense tracking software. Just snap a receipt and send to your approving manager gets notified. Quick and easy to categorize expenses appropriately, as well.

Cons

No cons, been very happy with Abacus and current and prior companies that have used this software.

Easy to Use

Pros

Abacus is great - both online and in their app. It's simple to submit (and approve) expenses to keep your team moving.

Cons

There are random bugs that appear in the mobile version that seem to be easily resolved by restarting.

Abacus as a simple and worthwhile expense tool.

Pros

Abacus has so many feature, it is practically limitless. We were able to use it to shorten our expense process drastically. Not to mention the fact that the Abacus team is extremely helpful. Their introduction emails answer your questions before you even have a chance to ask them! For us, Abacus was the perfect choice as it offered us both a simple and practical expense platform to start with as well...

Cons

I really have few cons for the software. I think it would be nice to see more instructional videos that we could share with our sales team so that we did not have to explain the software to them. That being said, the software is intuitive and we had few problems helping everyone get up to speed. All in all, there is little to complain about considering how much bang you get for your buck.

Easiest Way to Manage Your Business Transactions

This software tremendously helps the accounting team at our Firm. It also helps the users who are required to submit corporate expenses. The categories and customization fields allow this product to be extremely useful.

Pros

I love the Abacus. It's extremely easy to navigate your way throughout the site, and it takes only a few seconds to upload images of your receipt/add a quick description of your expense. I also like that you can create different categories and can require specific fields to be answered. This is extremely useful on the admin side when users are uploading their information for Corporate expenses. It leaves less room for exclusions to me made. This programs took me approximately 30 minutes to learn and I've used it every day since.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this product is just the price, honestly. I feel it is a bit high, but the product is great and the customer service is very helpful, so all in all it's worth the money.

Don't buy it

I wish I'd gone with another software agency.

Pros

The product POS is easy to use - for general sales

Cons

So many features are not working properly or missing. If you are a cafe or restaurant this system may work for you. If you're a retail grocery store DO NOT BUY IT. The tech customer service is lacking - they don't know what they are doing and can take MONTHS to get back to you. The sales customer support is garbage. Once you've bought the software they basically wash their hands of you. We continue to have issues with ABACUS not calculating customer account sales correctly, their membership program is limited in functionality, products/ingredient functionality is almost useless.

Perfect fit for our small, fast-paced organization

Pros

Abacus is very easy to use, and gets money back into our employees' bank accounts as quickly as possible. We knew we didn't want to keep folks waiting up to a month for their reimbursements, and Abacus has just blown us away. We've gotten expenses submitted and approved in 30 seconds, with direct deposits initiated that night. Each transaction also has the documentation we need for our annual audit since we're a nonprofit. It syncs perfectly with our accounting software (Xero) and our chart of accounts.

Cons

There's absolutely nothing I don't like! I was expecting customer service to be less-than-great, since I work for a small nonprofit organization (read: low revenue for developers) but it's been exceptional.

Great software

Pros

This automated our process and allowed us to go completely paperless which was a big deal for our organization!

Cons

Makes expensing a lot easier

Much easier to use compared to previous reimbursement systems I've used (paper receipt submission / using spreadsheets).

Pros

Abacus is a really easy way to submit receipts and costs for reimbursement without too much hassle. The interface is very simple - just drag and drop images or PDFs of your receipts.

Cons

It's hard to have a timeline of when costs will be approved, since that depends on the administrator or manager manually saying yes to them (at least in our case). But, once funds are approved it's pretty quickly deposited into your bank account.

Helpful for managing reimbursement

Pros

It's easy for me to use and quickly get reimbursed for business-related expenses

Cons

The reporting and permissions have been a little less than ideal.

Work expensing with ease!

Pros

It's extremely easy to use. The design is clean and neat, and it goes right to my CFO for fast approval of the items I expense for work.

Cons

I use an iPhone 5S, and for some reason, the little red circle with a 1 on it is always on the app on my home screen. I usually like to have all notifications cleared as they come in, and I can't figure out what the red bubble is for.

Expense System with Easy usage

Pros

Abacus is a extremely useful expense software with ability to drag images from the platform and also can download images from the phone app.

Cons

The aggregate expense with outstanding amount shall be displayed on home page that will be very helpful for any user.

So far so good!

Pros

We have been using this system for about five months now. The website and mobile app are user-friendly, which is the biggest pro. It can also be customized to fit your business structure. Overall, the system has delivered well on most of what it promised.

Cons

I think our only con so far is that the system does not integrate with our accounting software as we were told it would.

Complete recommendation

Pros

We have used their services once only last year and thoroughly would recommend their customer service

Cons

They are small and may take some time to get assistance. They seem to be always busy which can be both a pro and a con

Buyer Beware

We left Insynq after 6 years, after their hacking experience and went to Cloud 9. We did not like Cloud 9 at all and went back to Insynq. Now Cloud 9 tells us we are locked in for 36 months. We tried to reduce users from 3 to 1 (which was our original user count) and they say we can't do that either. Need I say more ? ! These people are dishonest in my view. Insynq are wonderful to deal with !!!

Pros

Probably a decent product. My issues are the fact that using their shared servers causes a frustrating experience when accessing our software each time.

Cons

Very aggravating interface. I believe they have deceptive marketing practices.

Easy to use product with a beautiful interface

I'm currently trailing a handful of different expense related applications, and Abacus appears to be the strongest contestant. It's intuitive, easy to use, smart!, and powerful. It's very clear that a lot of work went into building this product as the interaction and experience of the app is so simple to use (with little to zero instructions). One of my favourite features would be the ability to quickly filter expenses and generate exports. Their .PDF export is great as it provides a table breakdown of all the expenses as well as all of the receipt images associated with the expense. Give it a shot!

Cons

We use Abacus for expense tracking and reimbursement

Pros

The app is lite (it doesn't take much space) and it seems to do all of the basics from travel to reimbursement management.

Cons

The app struggles with things it claims to do and has some "advanced" things it apparently cannot do. For instance, connecting a credit card says the app will recognize expenditures for approval later, but so far nobody in our office has been able to make that work. It would also be nice to not have so much downloading, saving, then re-uploading to Abacus (regarding receipts) - other apps do this without saving on your personal machine at all.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and expensing on this system is very quick. I use my phone regularly and the biggest benefit is when you can use your phone to upload the expenses on. This makes it relevant and direct, which cuts out paperwork.

Cons

It would be good on the dashboard to see what the expenses have been paid, not just how much has been aggregated.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.