Emburse Abacus Logo

Emburse Abacus

Real-time employee expense management software

Emburse Abacus Reviews - Page 3

Effortless expense tracking and management

Pros

Having come from a huge tech company that had their own proprietary software to submit and reimburse expenses, Abacus is a breath of fresh air. It's unbelievably easy to use and both their website and their mobile app are clean, intuitive and get out of my way. I don't feel like I'm jumping through hoops or need to go through a bunch of red tape to get expenses reimbursed, and it helps me keep track of when my expenses are approved and reimbursements are being distributed. It's amazing being able to just take a photo of a receipt right from the app and upload it immediately. Don't need to hold onto receipts or gather scans in another app. Seriously, this software is so simple. Every company should use it.

Cons

I've had the mobile app crash a few times or just become unresponsive, but this is so inconsistent that I don't really think I've ever been inconvenienced by it.

Expenses Simplified

Overall, I would recommend this over other expensing tools. It is modern, they have mobile capabilities, and the support was excellent when needed.

Pros

Abacus is easy to set up and use. The UI is intuitive, and it is self-explanatory to use. I really like that you can send email receipts to the abacus alias, and it parses out the expense for you. They have a mobile app that I use often, and I rarely have issues with the tool.

Cons

Sometimes the receipt scanning can take a long time, and you will go in and edit it manually. I don't like that it takes a long time to get email receipts into abacus.

Bad product

This has been the worst business decision we have made. We were looking for a case management software to streamline increase efficiency. The sales promises about this were simply not true and the free training is a joke. It is so basic that it served no purpose.

Pros

The support team is very responsive. The product may be great but once you purchase it they want more money to deliver the product rather than deliver the product.

Cons

The product is difficult to use, and simply does not offer the features that are available in quick books. It is a huge step backwards and requires an amazing amount of time to deal with glitches. It frustrates rather than enhance outlook. The product is outrageously priced for what we are able to do. I was assured it was the right product for my small firm but I don't think so.

Count your Savings!

I love that this is quick, and easy. Just take a picture of your receipts and attached the image to your expenses and that is it! Saves time, and shows corporate where they can save money or where too much is spent.

Pros

Abacus allows you to streamline and organize your expenses. It enables you to systematize how you refund your employees, execute your expenses and reconcile credit cards.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about Abacus. This saves time and money and approval and audit processes are faster. This is easy as counting on your fingers!

Very Easy to Use for Employees

Pros

I appreciate how easy Abacus makes it for me to submit expenses and how clear the process is. You can quickly see what expenses are pending, what has been approved, and what still need to be approved.

Cons

I wish there was a way to remove categories that are irrelevant to you or your team. I.e. if you are on the accounts team, you should be able to hid the sales categories to make it easier to categorize the expense.

Love abacus!

Pros

Abacus is great. It’s very straightforward and super user friendly. I think it’s extremely easy to streamline the entire expense process.

Cons

Nothing really! I’m just a user on the platform but I find it extremely easy to use and have no issues at all explaining to new hires how to use.

Best Expense Tracker

Pros

Easiest to use expense tracking software. Just snap a receipt and send to your approving manager gets notified. Quick and easy to categorize expenses appropriately, as well.

Cons

No cons, been very happy with Abacus and current and prior companies that have used this software.