Abowire Logo

Abowire

Abowire is the German Abo-Platform for subscriptions in EU.

Abowire Reviews

Adding Subscriptions to Ecommerce

My company (and most of my customers) are based in the EU. I'm really annoyed when it comes to all the different VAT regulations, GDPR and similar legal and boring (but necessary) things. I really don't have the time or the nerve to take care of all of this. At first I wasn't so sure about using Abowire and hesitated to use Chargebee instead. Fortunately, they taught me better on our first conversation. After that, they provided our company with a great solution. With all of that in mind, I recommend Abowire to anyone doing business in the EU as it will automate the most boring parts of your business. The price isn't that high considering the features of this amazing product. It will actually save you a ton of time and money.

Pros

Abowire turned out to be even more than I needed. I don't think the description is clear enough. Abowire takes care of everything from customer sign-up to invoices (recurring invoices, monthly plans, etc.) you can set up different pricing models and automate everything related to sales tax. Several payment portals are supported (Stripe, Paypal), and I was also able to integrate my Wise bank account. Abowire...

Cons

- The customization options for invoices are very simple. You can only change the logo and add some text that will be inserted in the footer. However, this is being improved. - There isn't a lot of instructional material. - The possibilities for integration are still limited.

Reliable subscription platform

After evaluating and testing Abowire, I have come to the conclusion that Abowire is a great platform for European companies to accept payments for their subscription products. It's really easy to connect and use on your websites. It is safe and does all the tasks for you that you could only do with a lot of time. The support is great! After evaluating and testing Abowire, I have come to the conclusion that Abowire is a great platform for European companies to accept payments for their subscription-based products. It's really easy to connect and use on your websites.

Pros

Abowire takes care of everything from member registration to subscription management, checkout with multiple payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe and local European banks in some EU countries, EU VAT, invoicing, bank synchronization, SSO and others). The dashboard gives you valuable statistics related to sales, earnings, registrations and more. This offering is great for selling subscriptions without...

Cons

Not a public roadmap - although they said it was a good idea. Adding more integrations

Far from good

Pros

Especially the function of the customer portal and the link with different payment service providers (Stripe, ...) I find very good. The automatic invoicing and billing are also essential functions for me, which I use every day in my work. The fact that the company is based in Germany is another important criterion for me in terms of data protection.

Cons

The user interface is quite outdated and overall there are not very many settings options in my opinion. In addition, it is only available in English so far, but the customer portal is available in multiple languages. When connecting my bank account, there was constantly an error message. After I contacted support, the problem was fixed after weeks (too long). It still feels unfinished and not really ready to use for professional purposes.

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback, it's always valuable and help us improve our product. Most of the things that you mentioned were updated. Here some updates: * There is a new User interface in the app. * We have full mutli-language support in the interface and across the solution for German, English and Spanish. We hope to add more European languages . * At the moment we support more than 6000 bank connections across Europe to sync subscriptions with Abowire. Feel free to reach us anytime at support@abowire.com

Recommendable

I was able to hand over all B2B subscriptions to Abowire (payment, invoicing, authentication and user management). I set everything up in just under 3 weeks and our technical team was very happy with it.

Pros

Easy entry and quick onboarding The multi-tenant logic for selling licenses to employees of our B2B customers is highly recommended Great team, good support for whatever we needed

Cons

As the product is still growing, I am missing some features. I would love to have Hubspot integrated with Abowire.

This review was translated from German. Read original review

Straight forward subscriptions for E-learning platforms

Abowire is a clean and straightforward tool to handle registrations / subscriptions / invoicing / recurring payments in the European market. As we are based in Germany it was a good investment for us and the tool continue to grow over the months.

Pros

They handle everything from alumnis onboarding, invoices (recurring invoices, monthly plans etc.) and maitenance. You can set up different pricing models (usage based) and automate everything VAT related with your brand and styles. A plus was that we could handle merchants accounts for our course creators all in one place.

Cons

They still lack some integrations to take it to the next level. They need more documentation and help guides.

Excellent choice

Pros

Finally a modern subscription management platform. Good looking UI, smooth onboarding, convenient out-of-the-box integrations. In just a matter of minutes, we got our demo setup ready. In our case, I proposed Abowire to one of my clients for a solution that required additional customization. Abowire's super developer-friendly SDK might be among the best ones I've ever seen for this business. The team is amazing and we got very good support for our questions.

Cons

There is room for additional integrations (the Abowire team has this on their roadmap already).

Pros

We were looking for a easy to use tool to manage the users on our e-learning platfrom as well as our customers of our other products (eventtickets, newsletter subscribers, etc.). Abowire is super-intuitive to use: We were able to set up our products - plans & checkoutjourneys the minute we were sent the sandbox login. A great plus compared to other offers that are build so complexe you need a extra training to start. Within the implementation phase the abowire team customized all features we needed to set up our processes (e.g. adding a B2B-Logic to their product).

Cons

The abowire service has (for now) limited features that allow you to customize your customer's journey all by yourself. There are features added on a regular basis but your are probably dependant on the abowire team to set up the whole system. But this way you will also makte sure the endresult will fit your needs best.

Super-intuitive platform

Abowire is a super-intuitive platform for any business that uses a subscription business model. They want to improve the subscription journey for your company and are keen to help with your use case.

Pros

* Easy to set up products and checkout journeys immediately * Can create discount codes within the platform * Automatic invoicing to reduce extra redundant work * Nice dashboard to review your business * Cool support and onboard

Cons

* Few integrations * No bank integration for other markets outside EU * Minimal docs

Saving time on daily basis

Pros

Abowire is a great solution to sell subscriptions. Create your offers, put your logo, connect Stripe and/or Paypal and that’s it. Abowire provides you a unique link for each offers. Send it to your customers or put it on your site.

Cons

bowire offers API and webhooks, but is currently missing some integrations like Zapier or Integromat that would be very useful to connect it in a larger business ecosystem without coder skills.

Solid Product. Excellent team!

Simple product but pretty strong. I am sure they would keep adding new features as they grow.

Pros

Ease of Use - very easy to run a subscription based business with them, especially if the business is in Europe (taxes, invoices and dunning). Excellent Support - They really care about their customers -

Cons

The lack of integrations. Single sign on and a deeper analytic tool could usefull.