Accounting Seed Reviews - Page 2

AN

Andersen N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

HIG Capital Backing Moving Accounting Seed to the Next Level

I have been working on the Salesforce platform for 17 years and with Accounting Seed for 10 years in accounting for my Legal Funding, Real Estate Rental and Professional Services businesses. It is the ability to leverage the strength of the Salesforce platform that makes the experience strong and the HIG Capital investment and Partner environment that makes the future look stronger.

Pros

In 2021 HIG Capital made a majority investment in Accounting Seed that is moving this native Salesforce application to the next level. This investment has allowed the organization to move beyond an excellent leveraging of the Salesforce object architecture to add the competitive functionality of their more mature enterprise competitors such as Sage Intacct and Oracle Netsuite. Newly release features include Multi-Ledger Consolidation with Elimination Entries, further advancements in reporting. Focusing on the importance of the partner channel has brought much needed integration with Bill.com, Partner Portals and applications. Project Accounting is also been made stronger through a Project Management platform developed by the partner community.

Cons

The Accounting Seed Orders and Entry do not add up to the functionality required in an enterprise resource planning application. One needs to use an outside partner integrated application such as Legendary Supply Chain. The budgeting and commission functionality could still be improved although several partners are stepping up in this area as well.

RF

Rickey F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Accounting Software built into SalesForce

We needed a system that integrated with our contacts and programs. We wanted to be able to see what programs a donor had given to along with financial data for those programs. With Accounting Seed working inside SalesForce, all our data, across all departments, is in one place can easily be linked, integrated, displayed, and reported. This allows us to better serve our constituents with accurate data immediately at our fingers via desktop or mobile apps with access anywhere in the world.

Pros

Accounting Seed works splendidly inside SalesForce. You get all the advantages of a product that integrates with all your SalesForce data. No need for imports or exports. Everything is in one place. Employees learn one system and they can work all across the organization. The availability of multi-levels of security allows you to tailor applications to the appropriate person, department, or team. Internal control features and audit trails are securely automated. Backing up your data is simple with just a few clicks. Project managment allow each project to act almost like its own company and integrates well with any other Salesforce data.

Cons

I would like to see more preformatted reports. There are a few in the system but I suspect there could be more that could print directly from the system in a more presentable format. All reports can be exported to Excel. This allows those that know Excel to manipulate the data as only Excel can do. That is nice but requires extra effort to format the data.

LM

Lori M.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Great Support

We've had issues on and off using the program since going live in January 2019, however, AccountingSeed Customer Support has helped us through all of those issues. They've even done some customization for us as a courtesy. I've been working on a custom template (with Conga) for months now and the fields I need on the form were not available to us. CSR with AccountingSeed helped me today with these custom fields; he added them as a courtesy and also sent me a video on how he did this. VERY helpful to have in the future.

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to Clone repeat transactions; vendor invoices and journal entries. The Bank Reconciliation is a breeze. Submitting a Ticket for assistance is very convenient. I get an email within a few hours with a solution.

Cons

My least favorite features are the Financial Reports and AccountingSeed-created Forms. The reports we run are very different than what AccountingSeed offers. We've found a way to make it work by exporting to Excel, updating fields, adding/deleting, etc. Another feature is the various forms that AccountingSeed created for us; Purchase Order, Packing List and Billing. When we first started using...

JH

Jane H.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

AccountingSeed Review

I have relied upon AccountingSeed support quite heavily. If I research what I need on their great website, and then concisely ask finish questions, I have great responses and I have had tremendous help that I have heavily relied upon throughout the three years of using AccountingSeed.

Pros

The robustness of the software is admirable. Once it is understood, the details of all transactions are right there. The really great feature is that our sales department can help with the data entry and timing of the billings.

Cons

It is not really a fault of the software, but I didn't have any training on reporting. The reporting is robust but I feel because of its flexibility, it is crucial to have up front training in order to know how to obtain the information needed.

SB

Sam B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great Product

overall Accounting Seed has been a great experience. I appreciate the architecture of their program as it is built a a very secure way that is intuitive.

Pros

I appreciate the free Documentation on explaining different accounting concepts. I also appreciated the original CEO's music video to help promote. We switched to Accounting Seed after having a terrible time trying to setup Sage and they made the process easy and efficient. Then we moved another company of ours to Accounting Seed which uses the ERP features which have worked well.

Cons

I don't like the process to login to the support portal and put in support tickets. You used to be able to put tickets in via email. But, they took that away. Now you have to login to the support portal, which very annoyingly does not allow you to hit enter to login. and then create a ticket. You receive email updates on tickets, but you can't reply from the email. You have to log back into the support portal for each reply. Seems to be a cheap way to reduce support tickets.

PA

Peter A.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Serious software for any business that needs and wants a comprehensive accounting system

Very pleased with working with team at AS. I marvel at how they cross from one industry to another with skill. Insurance accounting is very different from traditional accounting systems and i am impressed with how well AS has handled learning and growing in our vertical.

Pros

One we figure out the workflows and nuances with Accountingseed (AS), it is a pleasure to work with. The speed of the software is fast and AS is on top of regular updates to add important and necessary features. We have been a user of AS now for 3 years

Cons

Updates are not always pretty and could be better tested however AS is not deaf to any problems that result from updates or patches

KA

Kimberly A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

It's been a difficult bumpy road

Frustrating to say the least.

Pros

Price. Ease of integration with Salesforce

Cons

The input screens for payables and receivables is cluttered and takes extra time to tab/scroll past all the fields that you do not need to populate. When you look drill into a journal entry from an account you only see the one side of the entry. You always need to see both or all the entries associated with that JE.The import templates provided don't always work.The fact that apparently after we implemented in July we need an upgrade in September. We were not notified we needed to upgrade. Why doesn't hat happen automatically? We had an issue with applying cash receipts and it took a week for Support to let us know we need an upgrade. and then there was no direction about how to do an upgrade.

MS

Michealene S.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Accounting

good

Pros

set up and payment of payables. The ease of Billing with the attachments of reports automatic from Saleforce.

Cons

Reports- find it difficult to get accurate reports easily. Journal Entries are not included in financial reports which is an issue.

Thank you for sharing your experience! We really appreciate you taking the time. In regards to your note on reports, I'm not sure what types of reports you are pulling, but there is a way to view and include Journal Entries on your reports. I highly recommend we get your team connected with Support for assistance. You can either access support through accountingseed.com, or you can email our team at support@accountingseed.com. Thank you!

PB

Pete B.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

After 2 years' use, still somewhat difficult for non-CPA

Frustrating onboarding for someone who's not a CPA, even if familiar with Salesforce and something like Quickbooks.Customer support has been difficult at times to get a usable answer. From April 2020 until just this last month April 2023, I"ve never been able to actually talk to a support rep. Only communications through Cases. Just recently I'm finally getting some help from them how to get the system configured for use in my business. I still hold on to hope that I'll be able to automate the tedious tasks such as create payable-open payable-add payable line-post payable-pay payable... 9 or 10 clicks/inputs just to get a vendor paid

Pros

Its integration into Salesforce and the potential automation

Cons

Some of the Visualforce pages to do certain tasks can be VERY slow to refresh the screen. I'm on a modern computer with SSD and 900 Mbps internet but frequently I'm waiting 8-20 seconds for a refresh before I can continue.

Hi, Pete. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hear you. A member of our team will be in touch to schedule a call with you in regards to your support needs. Thank you for being an Accounting Seed customer!

SA

Shawn A.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Worth the money

Pros

We chose this product for it's ability to integrate with Salesforce. A few extra steps here or there, but overall it is a great product. Other products for our industry are dated and not intuitive. Accounting Seed has a great appearance and functionality.

Cons

This product is not ready for the insurance industry.

GS

Greg S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Aquatic Review

Pros

Implementation and templates provided made the process straight forward. Because it is integrated with SaleForce, we can use the data loader to accomplish mass entries as needed. The system is fairly intuitive in nature.

Cons

Our fiscal year ends in November and when we export financial reports, it always mislabels the months to a calendar year. Having to manually post transactions wastes time. There is not a lot of ability to customize financial reports. It is next to impossible to speak to someone live on the Support Team. The ability to talk to someone live about customer service and payment issues does not exist.

KH

Katie H.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Great software

Our accounts receivable and payable tasks are much easier since changing to Accounting Seed. Our reporting capabilities are much improved over our previous software.

Pros

This software has very robust capabilities. It's good for businesses that have complex operations. It works very seamlessly with Salesforce.

Cons

Their customer support could be better. I wish I had a dedicated point of contact when I have questions. I also wish I could pick up the phone and talk to a person instead of having to create a case and wait to get emailed back days later.

Elizabeth W.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Accounting seed - easy to use and some things to improve

Accounting seed has a very good integration with Salesforce, this is a great advantage. The API and automation features translate all of our business transactions into our ledgers, all without coding.

Pros

What I especially like about Accounting Seed is its customization options that align perfectly with our specific needs, the platform easily connects with banks and other financial institutions, making management easier, what I like most is its scalability and flexibility, which prepare our accounting processes for the future. Even for those on our team who are not accounting professionals, the platform is easy to navigate and use.

Cons

Something that is difficult at first is connecting the banks with the platform, it is not that easy, you have to try many times since it does not always synchronize the first time. Another weak point they have is customer support, the process is not easy, they take time to respond and once they respond, resolving a problem with the platform takes time.

JB

Justin B.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Accounting Seed as a Manufacturer and Wholesaler

It's been both good and bad, but more good than bad.

Pros

Integrated with our business processes easily; Manufacturing setup in Accounting Seed was fairly easy as Manufactured Goods come as a core component of the Product features. Bank Connect makes it easy for A/P and A/R to reconcile and manage their divisions. In general, the fact that we can do Accounting, Sales, and Manufacturing on a single platform has saved us countless $$$ and time.

Cons

Lots of unit test failures in the Apex. Opening/Closing Accounting Periods takes forever, even with minimal transactions, due to poorly optimized code.

JD

Jennifer D.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Accounting Seed

Our overall experience was good. We transitioned from Quickbooks to Accounting Seed and it was a major transition, but the accounting seed team worked with us to make sure it went smoothly.

Pros

We chose accounting seed because it integrates with Salesforce and it was the only Accounting software available at the time that could fully integrate within our platform. We also have a high number of credit card transactions that we have to reconcile each month and liked the Bank Direct Connect functionality.

Cons

There were some limitations within the software, but if feel with each update, the Accounting Seed team works to offer updates and solutions to key issues.

Brian G.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great API and ability to customize. Standard out of the box is functionality is average.

The software works and the API gives you the flexibility to do what you want for the most part. Normal retail businesses or consultant companies shouldn't have any issues integrating the software. For heavily customized users - know what you're getting into from an investment standpoint before moving forward.

Pros

The API has been instrumental in allowing us to make this accounting software work with all of our heavy salesforce customizations. We have a custom quoting tool, project management tool, and project profitability tracking tool that all work with Accounting Seed. The integration with SF has been a game changer for data reliability and work flow. Overall it's pretty easy to use once you know what you're doing.

Cons

For about a year they had no way to allow for multiple tax ID's with Avalara and the API wouldn't work for it either. The last release has fixed that and made the lives of our accounting team much better. Their online tutorials and instructions aren't the easiest - improved search would help finding things. For us, since we had so many customizations with SF already, it was quite expensive on top of the Accounting Seed cost to get it to work for our company.

np

natalia p.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Expect to invest into development

In my opinion, AS orders & inventory would work best for medium-size business, mainly because of the cost of implementation and maintenance. We found that the Software was not easy to use out of the box: lot's of extra steps, intermediate screens, and extra data entry. We had to customize a lot (to auto-populate fields, build workarounds, improve reporting) to get it to work for us. Luckily, we were able to secure a knowledgeable consultant. Once implemented, though, it has been working well. Very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, works seamlessly with Salesforce. We would recommend it for companies who already have a Salesforce Consultant on staff, preferably a developer who's familiar with Accounting.

Pros

Accounting Seed makes it possible to pull comprehensive reports, pulling your CRM, inventory, and accounting data, all in one place, very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, scalable, if you are growing

Cons

Needed extensive customizations to be able to handle large volumes of billing, will use a lot of your salesforce data storage, archiving is possible, but will halt all your running balance type reports like daily bank account balances, etc.

HM

Hudson M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy to use once customized accordingly

Our team enjoys using the system

Pros

Ease of use and customization to meet our needs

Cons

Troublesome to transition over from Xero.

LJ

Lauren J.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Upgrading Accounting Software

By transitioning to Accounting Seed, we have been able to STOP operating in separate silos. Accounting Seed was able to marry our accounting and CRM systems perfectly. I would suggest working with a consultant(s) if you are making the switch, this helped us significantly in our transition.

Pros

As a sales organization, our business LIVES in Salesforce. As a result, we needed to make a change to our accounting software, and moving to a program that directly connected was critical. Enter: Aaccounting Seed. We finally have all of our systems talking, making the daily management of our business so much more efficient! Accounting Seed also allows for a lot of customization in setup and reporting--something we were never able to do with past accounting systems.

Cons

The only "con" we could call out if you are transitioning from another system to Accounting Seed--unless you are an expert at transitioning systems, you will want to engage with both Accounting Seed support and likely a consultant to help navigate your transition. This will save you time and money in the long run, and get you up and running faster!

CN

Chris N.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Cloud-based law firm

Our experience has been excellent. Accounting Seed helped develop an integration with our practice management software years ago. They have continually improved the application every year.

Pros

The ability to bring our accounting to the salesforce platform was huge. This allowed us to integrate with our practice management software.

Cons

Some processes take too many steps (clicks) but this is probably a function of Salesforce.

AB

Andrea B.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Honest opinion

I feel that we are still in the learning phase. Month end reporting could be made a little easier for payables and accounts receivables. Other than that, works great.

Pros

Bank Connect, Cloning payable lines and journal entries. I think that is one of the best features.

Cons

Payment processing in Accounts Payable. Only having one general ledger account options for various payable components, vendors, insurance companies, producers, all falls under the same account number .

JB

Jim B.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Completed the Integration of our Operations and Accounting

From day one right, to project completion, and now continuing to today, Accounting Seed was and is responsive, transparent, and overall a terrific implementation partner.

Pros

Fully integrated our accounting operations and reporting into our Salesforce platform. Fully replaced our prior Quickbooks accounting. Greatly reduced duplicate entries and speed of reporting.

Cons

Going through the process is time consuming because of the need to accommodate many customizations and unique processes we have. The software was not the cause, just the nature of the challenge.

David J.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great Integration with Salesforce

I'm so glad we chose Accounting Seed. If you like Salesforce, it "just feels right" and is quite intuitive. Very easy to customize, and to run reports with additional info already in Salesforce. Customer support has always been helpful.

Pros

I love the native integration with Salesforce. This allows us to easily create reports with information about our accounts that are unrelated to a traditional accounting software. Having a central source of truth of all Account information, and that source being Salesforce, makes operations and financial reporting a breeze.

Cons

"Bank Direct Connect" process to import transactions from our bank account can be glitchy and buggy and at times have caused us many extra hours of work and caused us to delay our monthly close.

CC

Christopher C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Support and Help ++

Overall positive experience with the product.

Pros

The tools it is allowing our team to do today and in the future with business growth gives us the power of knowledge and analysis.

Cons

As the product is quite customizable, it is also requiring a lot of effort for basic functionality that use as end users are seeking. We are building towards getting those results

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Solid accounting package for Salesforce

We've been happy with Accounting Seed. It has allowed us to store all of our financial data right in Salesforce and track the financial data with our client CRM data.

Pros

Relatively simple to configure and use. We got this up and running in a few short weeks and the majority of the few issues we ran into were simply due to us not referencing the well documented Knowledge Base

Cons

It appears that there is a lack of integrations available. Some of the other Salesforce platform ERP packages we evaluated had a few more third party integrations available allowing extending functionality.