Aqilla Reviews

Pros

What i like about this system is that you can save all pdf copies of invoices to this system, which is great to go paperless.

Megan N.

I liked the ease of use & the customisations that we were able to do, to improve the reporting within our business. The excel uploads were amongst the best I have used.

Jack S.

Overall the relationship is better than what I found when I joined the company - the support desk and consultants are very helpful and try their best to answer our queries.

Nahum M.

Cons

Don't fully understand how it works "under the bonnet' - hence a danger of creating erroneous transactions.

David J.

I find it slightly confusing how to limit or add permission for users on various areas of the software.

Fu Lan H.

Not very easy to use for the first few times. The format can be confusing, for example if you need to set up multiple expense claims in a month.

Alys P.

4.2

Powerful, quick and easy to use Accounting Software

My general experience with Aqilla has been good. Having never used the software before I have been pleasantly surprised how easy it is to use and how powerful it can be to produce financial reports on demand

Pros

Aqilla has been very easy to use since I started using it in June 2019, with minimal training. I really like the fact that you can tailor your own reports on Aqilla so can tailor the reporting to your needs.

My Review of the Aqilla Accounting Package

There is a lot more to this package which I have not had chance to explore - my experience so far has been frustrating at times when I know I should be able to do things but have trouble to find out how, but on the whole Aqilla seems to be good value for money.

Pros

It looks good on screen The easy ability to download information onto excel The ability to open up a second screen

Cons

The top tab names, I find I regularly go into the wrong location for items. The help button, it has never brought up the problems I am trying to sort, seems to pick just the first word and give all items with that one word Changing Rough Posted documents to 'Posted', the system does not post into the period the document is already allocated to automatically, with several periods involved you have to Post month by month. Not being able to see the currency value total if more than 1 page, have to download an Excel report for the information.

Generally okay

Pros

ability to extract reports quickly using Aqilla and Sharperlight

Cons

the issues faced in our first year of implementation relating to transactions and effect - sometimes seems too complex

Easy in Easy out

Full accounting of Sales, Purchase & General Ledgers, through to Monthly Management accounts. Budgeting and Trend analysis. KPI's and ad-hoc queries and investigations.

Pros

Ease of duplicating repetitive transaction saving time and potential keying errors. Integration with Sharperlight making data import/export a breeze. Continuous product enhancements keeping it current and improving the finance process.

Cons

Some features are only progressed through Consultant intervention - as an IT savvy user I'd like to be able to do more.

Good for the right size/type of business

Good value for a basic reporting tool with integrated AP and expenses which would be perfect for a relatively stable group structure

Pros

Good value for money Continuing to innovate Reasonable base funcationality on all the things will need

Cons

Doesn't feel 'consumer grade' around expenses Approval hierarchy/workflow is a work round and not robust

General review

Pros

The reporting functionality of Aqilla is brilliant , shaperlight provide a quick real time data ,which can be populated on excel for finance & non-finance users.

Cons

I would personally like an additional feature, such as notifying customer of outstanding invoices due automatically.

Aqilla review

The flexibility of Aqilla with regards to report building gives the user freedom to customize it according to his needs. But It seems that information about how to use it is not clearly available. For example, if you try to get information on Aqilla website, it looks very messy and unhelpful.

Pros

What I like the most about Aqilla is that it is cloud based.

Cons

I do not like when it performs slower then normal , this normally happens when many users are accessing it.

A little complex but usable

Good for simple tasks, puchase orders etc but having to have so much information before you can submit anything is frustrating

Pros

I like the fact that you can keep your documents tidy and all in one place

Cons

The whole user interface just feels a little bit clunky to me

Aqilla is user friendly

my overall experience is very good

Pros

The software is easy to use anywhere and at anytime. I like the option that you can upload documents , it makes preparing for audit easier. the system is easier to train to new users

Cons

There is a room for improvement on the reporting are of the system.

Good for companies with complex charts of account

Generally, the software works very well.

Pros

It works very well with the way our Charity is set up, in that it provides the several categories for the various ways in which the financial records need to be reported.

Cons

I've only used Aqilla for about two months, so my perspective is really from a new user who hasn't yet come to grips with all the features of the software. Therefore my comments are in comparison to other accounting software I've used. It would be great if Aqilla used obvious names for obvious things. For instance, 1) an invoice number in Aqilla is called "Originator Reference" rather than just Invoice number as in other software. 2) Supplier code is a short form of a full supplier name and makes me wonder why it was included. Why not just have one tab for "Supplier"? 3) What is the use for the Memorised tab?

Aqilla

Pros

Facilitates electronic document archiving.

Cons

Don't fully understand how it works ''under the bonnet' - hence a danger of creating erroneous transactions.

Matthew Gamble Review

I've had a very good experience with Aqilla and am happy with the result. I've never felt disappointed with the service and product.

Pros

- Easy to use - Cloud based so capable of being used anywhere any time. - Good customer and support service

Cons

- Can be slow at times - Issues with the Aqilla addin not working at times

Well designed with a lot of great features for ease of use and analysis.

Flexibility. Ease of use. Analysis. Management Information.

Pros

Well designed - it is consistent throughout. Easy to use - the document-centric approach is easy to understand. Plenty of useful features, especially the user-defined attributes to analyze your accounting data. Goes well beyond just keeping the books. The people on the support hotline are helpful and knowledgeable. The "pay per user" monthly subscription model is great value for money.Everything is designed to make the job easier and the data accessible.

does the job

i use the hr functionality. payroll, up load certification for skills etc

Pros

Able to update HR details eg bank accounts

Cons

the holidays functionality could be better. you have to go to book a holiday to see whats already booked. there should be a screen somewhere where you can just view whats booked

Its easy to work with for a small business

Able to do things quickly. No delay. Don't think I could do without it now.

Pros

Anyone could use it easily, Not only accountants but any member of staff. It has help options and the support team are just a phone call away.

Cons

So many features, you may not know existed and you're not making use of it. I found out the other day that I could be using widgets to remind me when to do stuff which is quite handy.

Aqilla Journey

Pros

Compared to SUN system, Aqilla have more functionality & very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing which i have observed in 6 months

So much easier to use than my old product!

Saved money and can login wherever I am

Pros

It's easy to use, it's affordable (all the functions I need are covered) and the one time I got stuck the support team were great.

Cons

Took a little while to get used to navigation as it is different to what I was used to, other than that, no concerns

An Honest Review

Pros

Cons

I didn't like the over reliance on external software such as sharperlight

Good to go paperless

Yes over time i will understand it a lot better, i think from going from Sage 50 to this software is complacently different.

Pros

Cons

Once you have posted anything you can't edit or delete what you have done.

Aqilla Review

Pros

Aqilla is very customisable and it allows for a lot of dimensions in terms of coding for transactions allows us to produce a range of reports.

Cons

Sometimes some of the functions seem very complex and not intuitive.

Easy to use everyday, produces all the documents I need and even more with just a couple clicks!

Pros

Extremely quick response Love that I can login from any device basically anywhere in the world Customised to my preferences

AP Role in Aqilla

Pros

Like the fact you can create a credit note from the invoice if needed

Cons

1. does flow when lots of info to enter 2. Have to enter different screens to find info

An effective way to deal with expenses

Pros

I like the ability to add receipts to expenses and the fact that my request goes straight to the necessary authoriser.

Cons

It was not immediately clear how to use Aqilla but this improves over time.

Not Very Easy to Use

We use Aqilla to authorize expenses. I do not have to use very often, but have accesses as both a user and an authoriser for the people I manage. Confirming expenses is easier than submitting them.

Pros

Any actions added are delivered directly to administrators, so they are acted on quickly.

Fairly user friendly

Expenses is sorted using Aqilla and it makes the overall process a lot more uniformed and simple.

Pros

I like having the ability to sort expenses out under one system that can also integrate with internal systems. It's fairly easy to use but there are some elements that are a little clunky.

Cons

Could be more user friendly. Not as flexible as previous systems I've used before and is a little clunky but overall, it's basic but works well.