Bellwether Purchasing Software Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.1/10

Reviews by rating

It's great for any size business and I highly recommend it. Support and setup are a breeze and support staff is helpful, knowledgeable and very professional.
Easy to navigate, setup was very easy, generating reports was easy, and super quick response from the help desk support.
Support is great and people are wonderful. Great company to do business with.
Sometimes I'll place a requisition for something that has already been requested, but since I can't see other people's orders I can't see that I'm duplicating a request that's already been made.
At times the items descriptions could be difficult see.

JB

Joel B.

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Bellwether BPM is an incredible software!

Pros

We really enjoy using Bellwether BPM to track our teams purchases and expenses. BW makes it easy to see how much budget we have left in each category and shows where we need to focus on in the upcoming budget.

Cons

Honestly for what we use Bellwether BPM for, we have not found a downside yet.

KP

Kevin P.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Exacore Review

I enjoyed working with Tammy and the Bellwether team. Very responsive and understood what we needed to work asap and it was a great support for our company.

Pros

We started our company when we had almost no processes in place and Bellwether was a critical component for issuing purchase orders for our projects. We did not utilize all of the features that were available, but the software was very helpful.

Cons

Our company decided to go with another ERP system rather than Bellwether for reasons related to familiarity of another system with our finance team. There was not much from a purchasing side of things that was not meeting our needs.

IM

Inna M.

Packaging and Containers, 201-500 employees

Pros

Sends reminders when PO's need approval.

Cons

Filtering functionality is not as robust as it could be.

MH

MiKayla H.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Bellwether has streamlined our entire purchasing process

Overall it has streamlined our purchasing procedures.

Pros

Easy to keep things organized from requistion to approval to ordering. When we can use punchouts, they are awesome.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to upload a packing list/recipt after an item as been received in the system. Sometimes the "Receive" button gets pushed and there's no way to add a packing slip later. It's also a bit confusing at first to have the REQ numbers not match up with PO numbers - they should be different formats or something, otherwise a requisiton of 010530 might become a PO number of 010555 while a prior requisition becomes PO number 010530. It would also be handy to be able to search the list of POs for a certain vendor or item - as it is, you can sort the columns by vendor and find it that way but a search feature would be great.

Mikayla, Thank you for your endorsement of Bellwether! Kevin CEO

AD

Anoosha D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

having good experince while using this product

Great CS and response. Great on willingness to hear and work on improvements. Lots of opportunity for further improvement in functionality and use. Decent value for the money however some missing functions keep to close

Pros

it Eliminates our out of control manual purchasing process. No more paper! Gain accountability, tracking, and reporting.

Cons

On the downside, most of the challenges experienced with e-procurement emanate mostly from the supplier and not the company but can have an effect on the procurement process. Training cost may be high. Any time technology is involved there is some level of risk to compromised data. What of a supplier who has for all the years been handling clients on a face-to-face basis? E-procurement will definitely become a challenge but it should not be an excuse to ignore e-procurement software.

JG

Juan G.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Bellwether Purchasing and Inventory Software

Pros

As a member of an organization with where my main use comes in the form of reviewing orders and looking up archived information, I can tell you I really appreciate the ease in which I can access the files I need.

Cons

No cons. The software meets all my needs

Juan, Awesome comments on Bellwether! Thank you, Kevin CEO

DW

Darnell W.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Cloud PO

do not use this

Pros

this product is easy to use and manage. As an IT Manager having this based in cloud with security and less maintenance on also managing a local server helps me get more done by not worrying about anything but logging in and using the software.

Cons

No account to be able to go in and approve any PO. Super user

MH

Melody H.

Design, 11-50 employees

Bellwether Purchase Order Review

No inventory tracking from my end

Pros

User Friendly easy to navigate. Easy to understand how to follow and track your purchases.

Cons

Auto population of email address upon send & save

JS

Judy S.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Very functional and meets all of our needs

Pros

Easy to use. Levels of users. All the invoice information in one entry.

Cons

Numerous steps in some of the set ups. Can be complicated to add new items.

CM

Chad M.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Bellwether Purchasing Software Review

Pros

It saves the catalog which makes it easy when sending in equipment for calibration because the serial numbers are saved in the item description

Cons

There is nothing about this software that I do not like

AC

Ashley C.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Bellwether Review

It keeps our business running smoothly and allows us to get things purchased in a timely manner.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software.

Cons

When you have to add a new item when ordering, it gets kinda confusing.

TT

Theresa T.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Bellwether is a great product!

Pros

Bellwether is very easy to navigate. This software has helped me easily keep track of orders/PO's. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a great product with great customer service!

Cons

The canned reports were not that easy to navigate in the beginning but when you take some time to read the help section you can figure out what report will satisfy your needs.

Theresa, Thank you for the great endorsement for Bellwether!

SM

Stephanie M.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Ease of paperless tracking

Its good to know where items are sitting in the approvers que at a glance prior to the actual purchase. Orders are not getting lost on someone's desk.

Pros

I like that I can track a purchase all the way to receipt of the items all through my computer screen, that I don't have to go and find a piece of paper in a file cabinet.

Cons

Its not so much this software but being internet based, sometimes our internet is spotty which affects usability.

HB

Holly B.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Closets by Design - Bellwether Review

Pros

The implementation process was very easy and the associates at Bellwether have always been amazing at responding and answering any questions we've had or issues we run into. The software is pretty straight forward and easy to understand. We were a fairly small company that was just delving into purchase order systems and I am glad we picked this one.

Cons

There are still things that we are learning about the system, but I can't say I have any complaints so far.

Brandon D. M.

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Great PO software

We are finally able to have a cloud based software that allows us to easily track and gain necessary approvals for all PO and accounting needs!

Pros

We love the ease of use with approvals and cataloging. It is a great software that keeps everyone on the same page.

Cons

Sometimes the approvals can be randomized which makes the workflow take longer.

RM

Ryan M.

Bellwether was easy to set up and easy to use.

Pros

Customer service for Bellwether has been amazing. They were available to help any time we had questions while implementing the software.

Cons

Ryan, Thank you for the perfect rating for Bellwether! Please contact your admin for permission to see requisitions submitted by other users. Kevin

KB

Kevin B.

The Bellwether software is the most complete inventory software I've ever used.

Pros

I just started my job at Sharklet and Bellwether has made the transition into my role a lot smoother than I would have imagined. Learning Bellwether was very easy.

Cons

I want to be able to see what everyone at the company has put into the system from the time the requisition is made until it's been received.

Kevin Thank you for very much for the 5 star ratings. Please contact you admin to gain permission to see all requisitions, PO's, and received items. Kevin

TB

Toni B.

Bellwether Epmx software

I would recommend this to companies that want to get their spending under control.

Pros

works great for purchasing controls. Great Support staff that are willing to find a way to make a good fit. This is a great tool to help managers realize their budgets.

Cons

Time realization when you are going from no system to utilizing a system...education and ongoing addition time required to make it work. Computer adverse staff will resist.

Bellwether Corp appreciates the challenge for some to convert from their paper purchasing system to a fully integrated SaaS model. Bellwether continues to strive to develop intuitive, user-friendly solutions for those of varying software/computer comfort levels while providing the capabilities needed by its customers.

Angel F.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Bellwether rings my bell!

We love Bellwether!

Pros

The navigation throughout the program and it's ease of use is extremely beneficial when preparing a requisition.

Cons

The only "con" that I've experience is the time out feature. If it takes me longer than 10 minutes to prepare a requisition it will not submit and I must start over. This is very rare and I have made sure to promptly enter my items as to not encounter this set back.

Angel, Thank you for the positive endorsement. You may want to ask your admin to extend the time out duration in the system. Thank you, Kevin CEO

DL

Debra L.

This is a dependable, cost-effective product with many available options to suit business needs.

The software is more intuitive to use than others available. You can choose the modules that fit your needs which also keeps costs down as you don't need to purchase more than what you will need and use. Support and training staff are easy to work with and are willing to do what it takes to get you up and running on the software. As with any purchasing and asset tracking system, it requires users to take the time to enter in the necessary information; this can be a hurdle to personnel using the system when they feel they don't have the time to properly enter in the data. There are some glitches to the lookup features and there needs to be a better way to remove incorrect or bad records.

HK

Hanna K.

Bellwether is making my life way easier!

Pros

Our biology lab is always stocked now that we use Bellwether. My team can bring any requests to me and I'll have the order placed right away.

Cons

I would like to be able to request something as high priority so my boss knows to approve it right away.

Hanna, Thank you for high ratings for Bellwether! Kevin

KW

KAYLA W.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

REVIEW

Pros

What I enjoy most about this software is how easily I can navigate throughout it.

Cons

I have absolutely no negative comments to make.

Kayla, Thank you so much for the praise for Bellwether. Kevin Bellwether Chief

RO

Richard O.

Great software and Service

I would say this is the best PO and purchasing software I've used. It's great for any size business and I highly recommend it! Support and setup are a breeze and support staff is helpful, knowledgeable and very professional.

Cons

Thank you for the kind endorsement of Bellwether!

AH

Angela H.

Keeping our lab stocked with necessary supplies is much easier now that we use Bellwether.

Pros

As an intern, I'm in charge of making sure any supplies we need for experiments are on the shelves and ready to go for the week. Anything I notice we need can be relayed to my supervisor and ordered within minutes.

Angela, Thank you for recommending Bellwether! Kevin

SM

Sean M.

This product overwhelmingly should be rated "Best in the Industry" for what it provides for its costs.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Robust data warehouse.

Cons

I have not come across any cons to the product as of yet.