Bench Logo

You run your business. We’ll do your bookkeeping.

Bench Reviews - Page 3

HD

Heidi D.

Law Practice, self-employed

Great product, worth the cost for peace of mind

Pros

I like that it's easy to use, comes in a user-friendly format, and simplifies accounting for me. It's dummy-proof! I'm mostly looking forward to an easier tax season with this software.

Cons

It's a little expensive for a one-person office, so I wish there were more tiers in pricing. But I like the product and will continue to use it, and understand that it costs money for a good product.

Hi Heidi! Thanks so much for the kind words. If you ever feel that your average monthly expenses have decreased, we can always conduct a pricing review to see if you fall into another pricing tier. All the best!

JF

Jacob F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

SaaS, but with people you get to know

Bit of a bumpy onboarding with aggressive trials clearly operated by a different team, but so much smoother once you start a subscription and are assigned your bookkeeper.

Pros

A pleasant mix of self-service software, with a reliably consistent team who does genuinely get to know my business.

Cons

It is a walled garden, so no integrations with any existing software. Leads to a lot of duplicate or redundant content in Xero, Expensify, and other tools I use.

Hi Jacob, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and providing feedback. We're thrilled to hear that your team has been consistent and knows your business. We have also taken your feedback back to our teams internally to see if there are any improvements we can make

JW

Jean W.

Best Web-based/Remote Bookkeeping Full-Services

Great experience, we've been with them for 2 years now and we will not switch to anything else!

Pros

Extremely professional bookkeepers, easy to use user interface and 100% hands-free. They even have auto-linked bank accounts to pull your bank statements so you don't have to manually send receipts and statements. You can view your dashboard anytime and see live updates on your balance sheet. My CPA loves their books as well.

Cons

Sometimes the connection might be off and I'll have to upload documents anyways, and they'll still need my input for returning vendors/suppliers.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Good start, low customization

Overall, I still recommend Bench if you are starting out and a small business under $1 Million in sales. However, as you grow, I would recommend switching to Quickbooks.

Pros

Prior to Bench, we used Quickbooks, and it was lifesaver! We had no idea how to use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and Bench made it easy for us. There was low setup involved and their dashboard was amazing.

Cons

As our company grew, we needed more information in our financial statements. At the time, there was low customization with Bench, and we couldn't add or change things in regards to our Profit and Loss statement. Also, at the time, they only did cash based accounting.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service, and listening to your feedback is hugely important to us!

SK

Sunghoon K.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

convenient and accessible

With bench.co I've been able to see in real-time our financial statements without having to ruffle through paperwork or calling someone/visiting an office. I would highly recommend this service to any small business owner.

Pros

Bench.co has literally changed the way I operate my organization & school. Whereas in the past we'd have to wait, and work around local accountants who had 100's of clients in queue, Bench allows me the convenience and access to my virtual accountant 24/7 online and poignantly clear on all aspects of bookkeeping.

Cons

As with all software based services, sometimes Bench can lag in their monthly accounts at the beginning of the new year. This is a very minor inconvenience to the overall experience.

SS

Susan S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great bookkeeping company

Overall Bench has saved me time with preparing all bank reconciliations and year end tax preparation. It's also a stress relief that it's done thoroughly and properly. It's not just one person being accountable for my bookkeeping needs but the company stands behind it.

Pros

I like the ease of having my bookkeeping done on a timely basis and not having to think about it until I get a message to review the month. I can then easily go in and make notes of any changes to be made or answer their questions to me. The customer service is excellent as well. They integrate with my payroll company too which saves time.

Cons

They don't integrate with my Customer Management System and they don't use QuickBooks which I also use. I process invoices through my CMS which also provides my scheduling, customer profiles, employee payroll reports, etc. I would love it if Bench would integrate their system to it so I can better track invoices. Instead I have to do that through QuickBooks but am only using a small portion of what...

KM

Kacie M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Really Disappointing

Poor. I do not feel that I am getting my money worth.

Pros

I thought I would enjoy seeing where my business expenses were going, but so far I am not able to tell what is going on.

Cons

No turn around on items I need categorized. No follow up. Slow to respond.

Dear Kacie, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're truly sorry to hear about your disappointment with our service. Providing clarity and efficiency in managing business expenses is indeed a top priority for us, and we regret that we have fallen short of your expectations. Rest assured, your feedback is invaluable to us, and we are actively working to address the issues...

Hm

Heather m.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Second time using bench

First time around was good. This time around I’m not too pleased with the person assigned to my account

Pros

It’s easy to set up and use, semi affordable

Cons

I would like to see mileage tracking and the ability to move items to a category myself

Hi Heather, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We regret to hear that you are having concerns with your experience. We would like to connect with you to discuss this matter further. A member of our Client Success team will be connecting with you shortly. All the best!

EF

Erik F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Completely alleviated stress while reducing my bookkeeping costs

When I first heard about Bench, I was nervous about switching from a standard, old school accounting firm I'd worked with for many years. Within a week, my fears were dissipating. Three years later, my fears are completely gone. Bench completely meets my needs as a small business owner - while saving me time and money.

Pros

Bench is SIMPLE. The software provides me an accurate and easy to understand overview of my monthly and annual financials with easy-to- process visuals and graphs. The software integrates automatically with my bank and credit card, alleviating the back and forth calls and emails I used to labor through with my former "brick and mortar" accountants. When I have a question, the Bench team is always available and quick to respond.

Cons

Nada! No complaints here! I have not experienced a single problem with the Bench software

PW

Pat W.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Ditched Quickbooks and saved a lot of time

I am spending a lot less time on bookkeeping and accounting.

Pros

Very easy implementation - love the human support on closing the books each month.

Cons

Not all of my business accounts can be connected via feed (ie intuit payroll), which requires a drag and drop upload each month.

DS

Derick S.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

A lifesaver

Overall I am more than pleased. I have no doubt that my books are being done correctly, which frees me up to deal with other things.

Pros

I love the ease of use. The portal is easy to get around in and I always have someone to answer my questions.

Cons

I would like to have a little more interaction as to tax planning. I understand that it doesnt necessarily fall under bookkeeping. But I would like to be able to have some sort of review.

Hi Derick, we're thrilled to hear you can rely on our bookkeeping team to help answer questions that come up! We're also happy to hear that the online platform is easy to use so you can get the information you need quickly and spend those extra minutes on growing your business. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

The Back Pocket Tool That Solved My Bookkeeping Blindspot

Overall, I find Bench.co to be an accessible, easy-to-use, game-changing bookkeeping tool and resource for entrepreneurs & SMEs. The team is efficient, friendly, patient, and thorough (even when I had an adverse reaction to tackling my stuck-point when it comes to bookkeeping and I managed to even annoy myself I was treated kindly, a currency I don't take lightly, especially this year). I even got a goodie from a referral. It felt awesome to be rewarded!

Pros

We all know that transitioning from the "idea" stage of a side gig to a real independent consultancy can be tricky. Without the right mentorship or support for small businesses, many are under the impression they don't need a bookkeeper. If I had known then what I know now, it could have saved me thousands of dollars and time which is priceless to time-scarce bootstrappers with multiple streams of income. I also like that Bench.co works closely with FreshBooks so when I need help I hear from both teams when needed. It's not just the AI in software, it's the EQ and human relationships that make it all come together. Bench.com are definitely real humans which I loved!

Cons

A real struggle bootstrappers have is time. Therefore, it was a near emotional crisis to embrace I had to go into my documents like a surgeon to know every weird detail of each expense which is time-consuming as the names may slightly differ from the actual purchase.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate it.

DD

Daniel D.

AMT Bench Review

Bench allows us to accurately forecast our cashflow with ease.

Pros

Right from the beginning Bench made everything extremely easy. My bookeeping is now completely hands-off. Our bookkeeper is always very easy to reach if we have questions and learned our business practices extremely fast.

Cons

I wish I could combined the income statement and other reports to stretch over different years. For instance, if we could view December 2020 and January 2021 in one report instead of having to do the math that would be fantastic.

DM

Djabire Marwan O.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Bench review

Pros

Easy to master accounting software and programmatic marketing is a little easier and is practically with Bench

Cons

One of the easiest software to find and use. No problem likely

We're so happy to be supporting you and your business, Djabire. It's great to hear that we've been able to give you valuable time back, so you can focus on growing your business!

Davis S.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Worst Service

We hired Bench to do some simple bank statement sync entries for the previous 6 months. They charged my credit card 1 day after signing the agreement. They never did a single entry when I say a single entry not 1.I call and talk to [sensitive content hidden] and he says they need documentation from my merchant account to begin work. I am like dude all i need is my bank account entries mapped to...

Pros

I don't like anything about bench. I can't say it enough time they are horrible

Cons

This place is a COMPLETE RIP OFF. I hope potential customers check these reviews before purchasing from them

Hi Davis. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're concerned to hear about some of your frustrations and would love the opportunity to connect with you to discuss this further. We have passed this review to the Client Success team for further review.

RS

Rahul S.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, great customer service

Pros

This was super easy to set up and describe exactly what I was using it for. other providers took ages to figure out how to integrate my Amazon sales but Bench just got it!

Cons

The pricing was a bit on the higher side especially the catch up accounting that ended up being a large lumpsum in my case!

Thank you so much for sharing, Rahul!

LB

Lizardo B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

AMAZING SOFTWARE & CUSTOMER SERVICE

I'd definitely recommend this software to all my friends. Easy to use and great customer service. They get the job done. Great investment.

Pros

How easy it is to use the software. It shows you all the financial details of your business.

Cons

I'm really happy with everything they've done so far.

Thank you so much Lizardo! Our engineering team will be so happy to hear you're loving the software and we're glad we can provide you quick access to important information you need. We love working with you and your business, and look forward to what the future has in store.

JL

Jose L.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Family

Like family

Pros

The all ways there when I need them.Ever time I asked a question one day later I had a answer

Cons

When I was doing my taxes with bench they were on a separate platform

Hi Jose, Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that your team is always there when you need it! Additionally, we want to let you know that moving forward, Bench Tax will be brought in-house, which means your taxes will be done on the same platform!

KW

Kirk W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

It's like having a personal bookkeeper at a much lower cost.

We save a considerable amount of money over brick-and-mortar services and save a huge amount of time by not trying to do this ourselves with Quick Books or similar software.

Pros

Value. They provide services like a personal bookkeeping company. Very helpful and quick response.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. We've been very happy with it.

DS

Daniel S.

Financial Services, self-employed

Very Happy With BENCH

Easy Way To Stay On Top Of My Business, Taxes & Reports.

Pros

Very Easy To Use. Has many features & functionality.

Cons

I can't think of any. Very thorough for my particular needs.

Hi Daniel! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review! We are excited to continue providing you the support you need so can continue to grow your business!

PT

Pierpaolo T.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Handling Accounting Professionally With Bench

Pros

Using Bench is very useful when it comes to accounting. It is affordable and well equipped

Cons

It handles very well and no issues with at all.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Good software

Pleasant experience. Fix times need to be shorter.

Pros

The reporting tools are very clear. Very easy to upload new documents

Cons

Time to prepare full report of prior month takes a few weeks. Certain expenses are repetitively miscategorized.

Michael S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Its easy and worth it.

The sales and onboarding team was amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a champion.

Pros

Reconciliation and ongoing communication through the chat is priceless. The teams are fast and handling things in real time is valuable to the process.

Cons

I'd hoped my monthly statements would be pulled automatically once I linked my accounts.

Hi Michael, we're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with our sales and onboarding team! I'll be sure to pass it along to the team, I know they will be thrilled! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your businesses.

JK

Jocelyn K.

Design, 1-10 employees

Bench Makes Running a Small Company a Breeze!

Bench has made accounting for our small business so simple. I struggled with other software that had clunky user interfaces (Quickbooks) and a steep learning curve, I needed something that could ensure that my business accounting would be accurate and up to date without it eating all of my time. Our Bench bookkeepers have all been wonderful - they're fast to respond, give good information and work really well with our accountant. Taxes were a breeze this year after a full year with Bench! I have recommend them to other small business owners and urge you to try them out. You'll wonder what you ever did without them.

Pros

Bench makes work simple. The interface is very user friendly and instinctive, reports are clear and accurate. Our accountant can log in easily and the customer service is stellar.

Cons

There is literally nothing I don't like about Bench.

AM

Ali M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Love the ease of use!

Pros

After months of frustration with our old software, we switched to Bench and have been so happy. It is easy to use, painless, and so convenient.

Cons

So far I am completely happy, no cons yet!

Hi Ali, we're thrilled to hear we could make the process seamless and that it's easy to use. We love working with you and are excited to see what comes next for you and your business!