Bench Logo

You run your business. We’ll do your bookkeeping.

Bench Reviews - Page 5

LB

London B.

Used other for 1-2 years

They do what they know how to do so I can do what I know how to do.

Overall very hally

Pros

I love math. I love numbers. And I could probably do my own bookkeeping if I didn’t have to also run the business, hire employees, train employees and work from home with two toddlers underfoot. That’s why Bench is so important to me. They’re the experts in their field. So they take that off my to do list so I can handle everything else.

Cons

I hate how my bank account always goes offline and I have to remember my password again and again to get it back online.

LB

Lesleann B.

Photography, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

I really wanted to love this service

I reall loved the idea of using this system and having my books finally taken care of - it was still just as labor-intensive as doing them myself - so I can't justify the cost.

Pros

I loved the idea of having a bookkeeper but it wasn't as user-friendly as using quickbooks.

Cons

I disliked how my bank accounts didn't really play nice with the Bench software the same way they do with QBO. I felt like I was paying a premium price and still having to do a bulk of the work.

Hi Lesleann. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're concerned to hear about some of your frustrations regarding bank connections and would love the opportunity to connect with you to discuss this further. A member of our Client Success team will be reaching out to you shortly

TE

Trevor E.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Love Bench!

Wonderful! So happy we started with the business.

Pros

Bench has really helped us with the task of bookkeeping that just got out of hand. The people that help you with your account are so responsive and very helpful!

Cons

I would love to have a screen that shows real-time info on where the company is at in the year.

MS

Martha S.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Can't imagine running The Key without it

Pros

I LOVE being able to set and forget all the regulated/complex elements of our backend office. Not only do things run smoothly, but the Bench team is always available to confirm that all is as it should be whenever we get concerned. Excellent benefits are a huge part of the culture we're building, and Bench makes it so easy through its core product and partnerships.

Cons

I'd love to have even more partners for wellness benefits

TH

Tyler H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

From zero to Hero

Bench has been an invaluable tool, to me especially as I salesperson because I can’t do math and never learned accounting so having a team of experts to rely on has massively enhanced my business allowing me to focus on driving revenue.

Pros

Bench’s app and user interface make accounting on the go a breeze, allowing me to maximize my sales time and minimize my admin time

Cons

Some of the features like attachments don’t work well in the app, I would like to be able to upload pictures and screenshot from my phone as I’ve been making a concerted effort to be paper and laptop free.

Thanks so much for sharing, Tyler!

ND

Nage D.

More then Just Software

Stress free, conviennent and helpful!

Pros

I love that Bench isn’t just software, even though the bench software is a million light years away from other book keeping services with its clean dashboards and colorful graphs. The team is as efficient as as helpful as they claim.

Cons

Depending on your banking provider, you may experience slight connections issues and have to manually upload statements, but it’s far easier then bookkeeping by myself.

SL

Steve L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Reliable Bookeeping at a reasonable price

Pros

East to use. Improving on the regular and with new features like Pulse. I like the dedicated support and team member you are linked with makes it feel like an extension of my team.

Cons

Guided setup was more time consuming than it needed to be.. the sales team was great but my implementation team seemed like they were in the dark. After working through this and actually switching our bookkeeper within Bench after that it's been great.

Using Bench for Bootstrapped Software Company a Year Now

Pros

Easy. Don't have to do anything and they send you pretty monthly reports. Also, it makes tax time so much easier. If you're starting/new this is 1000000x better than trying to DIY.

Cons

It's possible at some point we'll outgrow Bench. Just as business grows there are more complexities and need for full-time staff. Still, it's great (GREAT!) when you're starting. Probably I'd like for it to be a little bit cheaper, but hey that's life.

EH

Eric H.

Political Organization, 1-10 employees

Exceptional Product and Service

Invoicing. Tracking finances. Giving information to my accountants. Bench is responsive and easy.

Pros

This product is easy to use and really helps me to stay organized. I was a Quickbooks user before Bench, and this software is far easier and more intuitive. I spend less time tracking and organizing finances and if I do have an issue the customer service team is always helpful and responsive.

Cons

I kept putting off the setup because I thought it would be like Quickbooks and be too time consuming. I was wrong. If you think you are too busy to change your software, trust me, you aren't. Bench is worth it.

TR

Tia R.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

It's the ease, expertise, efficiency, and accuracy for me

Pros

I run multiple companies. I have multiple checking and business card card accounts. I needed a reasonably priced resource to track all of that for me and put it in a format I could easily see each month, quarter, and year. Bench does it all and with maximum responsiveness, professionalism, and consistency that makes me feel confident they have it together. Exceptional customer service and the software is easy to use, access, and does everything I need it to do.

Cons

American Express integration doesn't work, but I blame that on AE. I have to download those statements every month and upload to Bench. My simple solution though was to stop using AE and use my other business cards instead. Solved that. :)

Hi Tia, we're thrilled to hear you can rely on your Bench team to handle various accounts and know that you can trust the team to get you what you need. We love working with you and are excited to see what's next for your business!

Government Administration, 1-10 employees

Logiciel de comptabilité

Pros

Il a un service de comptabilité en ligne qui simplifie et automatise la gestion financière des petites entreprises.

Cons

Ce logiciel a un coût mensuel relativement élevé par rapport à d'autres solutions de comptabilité en ligne.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Thank you for taking the time to review Bench! We ar so glad to hear that we've been able to simplify and automate your bookkeeping!

TL

Tony L.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Love Bench!!

Love bench and my bookkeeper! No complaints just happy to have them!

Pros

Bench makes communicating so easy with your personal bookkeeper. There system/software makes doing everything a breeze. And the cost no accountant can touch!

Cons

I have no cons about the software or the support!

SE

Smiley E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

GREAT COMPANY! AWESOME PEOPLE! INCREDIBLE SKILLS!

We really enjoyed working with Bench, & will continue to do so. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & everyone at Bench are extremely good and they care about what they're doing.

Pros

I enjoyed the "Messaging" feature & the 1-on-1 calls to straighten out any questions about different expenses & purchases.

Cons

I can't think of anything we did not like.

Wow, thank you for the kind words, Smiley! We're glad to hear that you've been utilizing the message feed as well as having conversations with your bookkeeper to get the support you need for your business. Thank you for being with Bench!

JA

Jason A.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great value for bookkeeping service

They are great to work with.

Pros

It makes it really easy for us to not think about accounting

Cons

There are features that I'd like to see like invoicing that would allow for more report development and forecasting as well as a more consolidated financial software stack for us.

Education Management, self-employed

Great Accounting Software

Overall, I believe Bench has given me peace of mind about my financials being documented correctly and allowed me to spend more time working on my business instead of in my business.

Pros

Bench is easy to use and they take the guess work out of managing your business financials.

Cons

There have been a few moments when Bench missed expenses, and had I not caught them, they would have gone undiscovered. They could do a better job double-checking their work.

CB

Chandra B.

Accounting Tasks Completed

Great experience thus far.

Pros

easy accessibility to site, quick responses

Cons

Navigating the documents or knowing what documents are available and included in my plan.

Hi Chandra, we are so happy to be supporting you and your business! It's great to hear that you are having such a great experience thus far. We are a little concerned to hear about your troubles navigating the documents or knowing what documents are available to your plan. A member of our Client Success Team will be reaching out to you shortly!

JR

Jen R.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Bookkeeping made easy

When there was an issue with my books, i was able to get a supervisor to help iron out all the kinks (the issue was with my payroll system and tax liabilities, not bench) i was happy to have that service available

Pros

I like the reports i can generate on my phone. It’s so nice that this is in app form.

Cons

Not so much the software but i don’t like that i have had six different bookkeepers since signing up two years ago. While they do have a team that works together overall, it’s been a little daunting having a new bookkeeper every few months. This was more an issue when i first signed up, I’ve had my bookkeeper now for a time least six months.

Paul F.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Affordable yet Robust Bookkeeping

I have been satisfied with Bench, and it takes a lot off my mind.

Pros

The staff at Bench are responsive and helpful. The software is user-friendly. The price is less than most of its competitors.

Cons

The bank integration does not always function right with the credit union I use.

So glad to hear we've been able to take some stress off your plate, Paul! Thank you for being with us!

MF

Molly F.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Costly

Pros

Seamless and effective. Takes the responsibility off my to do’s list

Cons

I feel it’s very expensive for what it is, especially since is pretty automated after the first few months

Hi Molly, thank you for your response! We're so happy to be supporting you and your business during this time. It's great to hear that we've been able to give you valuable time back, so you can focus on growing your business!

EL

Emily L.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Amazing!

Pros

We love that we don’t need to do anything - bench takes care of all the receipts etc.

Cons

I don’t love that we have not met our book keepers in person but online does the trick!

PQ

Philippe Q.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

A+ Bookkeeping Management Software

Outsourcing with Bench was a part of our financial streamlining strategy processes. It allowed me to free more time in what I liked doing.

Pros

User Friendly User Interface Excellent Customer service

Cons

Wish there was some sort of Sync with Quickbooks

KM

Krista M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Bench is ALL THAT!

It's been a great experience. I the software is great, but the best thing has been the extended level of support once the pandemic hit. They helped me to apply for the loans that were right for my business and I'm able to see a future for my business because of that.

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use. I can easily track all of my financials and the team is so so helpful.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons with this software.

Hi Krista! We are thrilled to hear that we have been a support and resource for you and your business during this uncertain time. Wishing you all the best!

RP

Richard P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great company

Very pleased so far.

Pros

Onboarding was pretty easy. The features actually work. Their automatic reconciling and messaging with issues is really good.

Cons

Fonts are hard to read sometimes. Uploader works well but sometimes the bookkeepers don't seem to see that I've uploaded something. Probably something amiss on that side of the software.

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback, Richard. We're happy to hear that you are pleased with our service. We can't wait to see what the future has in store for you and your business!

DG

Dawn G.

Law Practice, self-employed

Bench has been life-changing

I used to keep my own books, which meant that I got behind and would have to go through piles of bank statements and receipts at the end of the year. I really wish I'd found Bench sooner!

Pros

1. The onboarding process was easy and fast. 2. It's easy to communicate with my account representatives. They are very responsive and friendly and knowledgeable. 3. They pay attention to detail and are very accurate. 4. The reports are comprehensive and easy to read and understand.

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing I don't like. Everything is good.

YS

Yosef S.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

One of the most useful tools I've invested in for my business

Very happy, receptive to my requests and questions and the user interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

As a growing business, this has been a very powerful tool to let me capture revenue and expenses. The combination of a software-based approach with a dedicated account manager has been awesome. Plus, when it came to tax-season, Bench did much of the heavy lifting for me, saving me **hours** that I used to spend on tax prep.

Cons

There seems to be a fair amount of churn when it comes to account managers.