Bench Logo

You run your business. We’ll do your bookkeeping.

Bench Reviews - Page 6

SR

Sam Ramirez F.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Good service for small business

ench is a solid bookkeeping service for a small business. It's affordable and the online tools to add expenses and analyze data are decent. My one area for improvement is that I wish Bench offered more human customer service support, even if it's a basic level of accounting I got help in uploading data and having a review done. But I could have used some more help with fully understanding my balance sheets. Overall. Bench is great value for your money and is recommended highly for small businesses in need of book keeping services.

Pros

Easy to use. Friendly customer service. affordable.

Cons

Would have liked more human assistance even with a basic account

NS

Natalie S.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Helpful tool that saves me time

Ease of use and saves me hours each month

Pros

Easy to integrate, and I can be pretty hands off.

Cons

The cost is a lot for my small business.

Hi Natalie! Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this review! We are so pleased to hear that we've been able to give you your valuable time back, so you can focus on growing your business!

CW

CJ W.

Sports, self-employed

Saves tons of time!

The whole process have been smooth from the set up to each monthly bookkeeping.

Pros

Bench helps me organize all my finances and saves me multiple hours a month.

Cons

I wish the previous months bookkeeping could be done a few days quicker, but overall very happy with this product and how it displays all my information.

Hi CJ! Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We try our best to complete your books within 15 business days, once we have all the needed documents and clarification. That said, we have shared your feedback with your team. All the best!

HT

Heidi T.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great for small businesses

Pros

I loved this as a lower cost option for bookkeeping that is very streamlined. Their onboarding was great and showed me exactly how things work.

Cons

Nothing is particularly difficult to use

Thanks for sharing your experience Heidi! It's so great to hear you had a smooth onboarding and that we're able to provide you with what you need quickly. We love working with you!

SD

Shannon D.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Quality Bookkeeping that helps me focus on my business

Pros

As a small business owner, I knew that I needed a bookkeeping solution (particularly as we continue to grow) but I wasted a lot of time trying to do it myself and still not doing it well. I already use other platforms that integrate well with Bench so I decided to give them a try. I am so glad that I did. They stay on top of my books, address the tiny details that I often overlooked, and provide clean, easy to read reports that help me stay on top of my business financial health. My tax preparer is going to be so happy!

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything that I could say I don't like about Bench right now. I'm hoping that it is an option that grows with me as my business continues to grow but we have sometime before examining that issue.

Thanks for sharing, Shannon!

Design, 1-10 employees

Great for small businesses

Bench has taken bookkeeping off me and my co-founder’s plates, and we are big fans of the platform!

Pros

There’s someone assigned to your account that you can contact at any time, and who always responds promptly to questions or requests.

Cons

So far we’ve been very satisfied, have not come across any issues yet.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Best overall experience

Pros

This is the most efficient book keeping experience out there. They are totally consumer oriented, meaning they have a team of agents always waiting to assist you with every detail.

Cons

I have to say that just the basic setup is my least favorite task of the Bench experience. But I honestly can tell you that gathering and submitting my bank statements to them was the hardest thing I had to do. Even though this was done in less than 15 min....

KC

Kevin C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Easy to implement and high value accounting services

Pros

Bench is fantastic because of the super hands on customer service and the accounting professional you're matched with is always prompt, responsive, and helpful with keeping your books up to date.

Cons

Lack of integrations with all of our financial services. Many things need to be manually managed however it's great that the accounting pros will hop in and pull data directly.

Thank you for sharing, Kevin!

JB

Jonathan B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very happy with their service

Pros

They take care of everything for your Bookkeeping needs.

Cons

I been using this service for 2 years now and I am very happy. I will continue to use them.

KA

Kat A.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Bench has saved me hours of bookkeeping

I love Bench so far. My bookkeeper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is on top of things and she’s super nice. She feels like part of my team!

Pros

It’s all done for you, so you never have to worry if you’re categorizing something correctly.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of! It’s excellent.

Thank you so much, Kat!

JA

Jakob A.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Simple and Easy

It was easy, we had them do a whole year of books at once. It took a little longer then originally quoted but they did a solid job and had good contact. No complaints at all.

Pros

I like that they do everything, its easy. You send them the info and they get it all ready. The team is friendly and provides good support.

Cons

A couple features that would be nice include being able to send ACH payments from the software. Also they live look at your accounts is seperate from the book-keeping, small non-issue.

VE

Victoria E.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

great service for the price

Great simple accounting service for the price.

Pros

I really liked the responsiveness of my team, and the ease of reviewing my account each month. during our monthly call, which is included with the monthly service fee.

Cons

The only con is that you have to pay more, the more accounts you add, which was not a problem for me initially, but would have been if I added another account in the future.

Hi Victoria - Thank you for the review! We're so glad to hear we've been able to help make bookkeeping easy for you. I'll be sure to pass this along to Tammy and the rest of your team. - SP

Michelle S.

Photography, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

simple online bookkeeping for small businesses or solopreneurs

I run my own business, and am NOT great with the numbers side of things. Bench handles my "books" for me, so I can easily keep track of all business expenses and profits so I can make sure things are on track. And this kind of record keeping helps streamline things in a BIG way when it's time to pay taxes.

Pros

It's hands-off accounting for those who want to outsource, so they can get back to actually running their BUSINESS. And I like that there are actual PEOPLE taking care of me. I can reach out with any questions I have and get answers QUICKLY. And the team is able to easily get in touch with ME with any questions they come across, too. The messaging system is incredibly easy to use, and a great way to keep track of conversations. And while there IS a learning curve to this software, I like that the team actually schedules a walk-through to show you HOW to use it, rahter than leaving you to do it on your own.

Cons

Some bank accounts won't automatically sync (smaller banks or credit unions?), so there is still a bit of time needed on my end to download a report from my account and upload it to the Bench system. But it doesn't take that long to do, so it's really not that big of a deal.

AV

Alex V.

Retail, self-employed

Super Helpful!

Pros

I love that it's hands off - I can focus on my business and Bench takes care of all my books!

Cons

Sometimes they take a while to complete my books

We're so happy to be supporting you and your business during this time. It's great to hear that we've been able to give you valuable time back, so you can focus on growing your business, Alex!

IS

Ivan S.

Food Production, self-employed

Big relief

Pros

That I don't have to manage books myself.

Cons

I don't really like the user interface or the reconcile feature.

Hi Ivan, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear that we have given you back your time so you don't need to manage your books yourself. We're concerned to hear about your frustration regarding the reconcile feature and our user interface, and would love the opportunity to discuss this further! A member of our Client Success Team will be reaching out to you shortly!

LS

Laurie S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

I am obsessed

I am obsessed with Bench. They save me at least 8 hours a month on bookkeeping, it easily pays for itself saving me time and they are so easy to work with. I've already referred 3 people. I can say enough good things.

Pros

It's so easy to use! Their customer service is unbeatable.

Cons

No cons... I have no complaints! I have been very happy.

Thanks so much, Laurie!

BC

Brice C.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Love Bench Accounting

Positive. Helped us streamline operations, and save money. 9/10

Pros

Bench has simplified my business, and saved me money along the way. I didn't know bookkeeping could be easy until I found Bench and experienced their pro team.

Cons

The different pricing tiers didn't align with our size of business.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Bench is a valuable partner

Good experience. I would recommend Bench to other small business owners.

Pros

Bench does a good job keeping up with our books. They have been reliable through the years. The software is efficient and allows us to access our financial information as needed. The reports have provided us with actionable insights.

Cons

Sometimes it can take longer than expected for the previous month to be updated. Manually checks for errors are necessary before closing out the books for the year.

David "Rev" C.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Reliable and affordable

Very positive. I renew every year. Saves me a ton of time.

Pros

I run a small business and dont have the or energy run my books, let alone even know how to do it. Bench.co offers a service that is both reliable and affordable. They are also very timely with reminders, reports and other points of contact.

Cons

Ive had a few snags with customer service but anytime something has gone of course, they apologized worked diligently to fix it. Is that what really matters?

SM

Sundeep M.

Used other for 1-2 years

Strong quality but overpriced

Generates reports required to prepare financial statements for clients.

Pros

Generates timely, accurate, and user friendly reports to meet business needs for financial reporting.

Cons

Customer service can take days to respond for queries. This software is also on the high end of what small businesses may be willing to pay.

CH

Cheryl H.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Bookkeeping Review

It’s a great value for the price and an affordable way to with a bookkeeper when your business is still fairly small. It’s a huge relief come tax time and makes the process of filing super easy!

Pros

That it’s fairly intuitive to use. That I know my business numbers every month without the hassle of keeping track of everything myself.

Cons

Accounts don’t always link so you still need to manually send invoices and bank statements each month

AG

Andrew G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Bench for Small Business

Very easy to work with, communicative, and responsive to the needs of the business. Good value for the cost and savings on internal staff to perform this function.

Pros

User Experience is simple and easy to use

Cons

Integration with bank/credit accounts wasn't always smooth. Functionality moving from different sections of the software was not intuitive. Cannot create custom categories as a customer, only Bench team can make labels.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Frustrated -

Pros

Cons

I never leave reviews but we are really frustrated , hoping someone will pay attention to our account after continuously messaging and emailing customer service. Our books from last year are still not wrapped up. We have continually asked emailed, texted without a resolution. This is going to extend our tax bill and planning.

TP

Teauna P.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Bench Saves Me Time

Bench has been a great move overall for us.

Pros

Bench was a great solution for me, I dreaded bookkeeping with QuickBooks and it never functioned properly using PayPal and such. Bench has helped smooth this process and freed my time to grow my company.

Cons

I don't see many cons. There was some growing pains when Bench staff learned our companies business and our accounts.

CD

Caroline D.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

A big help for single-person business

Pros

I love that it is software coupled with actual human beings! I’m able to talk to someone whenever I need to and the people in charge of my account have no problem reaching out to me either. It takes a huge weight off my shoulders and I can focus on getting more work done knowing that I am being very well taken care of, and that my team cares enough to pay attention to all the details.

Cons

There’s not much that I don’t like, but more integration into selling platforms and perhaps social media will be good as well.

Hi Caroline! Thanks for sharing your experience! We're thrilled to hear that we have been able to take bookkeeping off your plate, so you can focus on growing your business. Wishing you all the best!