Bench Logo

You run your business. We’ll do your bookkeeping.

Bench Reviews - Page 7

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

Hands off bookkeeping

Pros

Bench.co takes bookkeeping completely out of your hands. Provide them monthly statements for your bank, credit card, PayPal, etc. and they handle it from there.

Cons

Sometimes the hands off approach is a little difficult to change. There is no longer the ability to recategorize amounting data on your own.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback around categorizing your data, and will be sure to pass that on to our team. - SP

SI

Shoney I.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommend

I spent hours each month, tracking my business financials. Since I started using Bench, I've been able to spend less time on tracking numbers and more time on doing what I do best in my business. I anticipate that I will gain 40-70 hours throughout the year by having this service.

Pros

The setup process was very simple & I've enjoyed having a single point of contact at Bench that I can reach out to whenever I have questions.

Cons

I would prefer more reporting to be easily accessible rather than just a year-end statement.

Hi Shoney, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! If you ever need reporting for a custom range, you can always download your financials from your account! You can also ask your team for assistance. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

AF

Angela F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great option to take bookkeeping off my plate

I've gained more time and mental space to focus on other things since handing my books over to bench.

Pros

Using bench takes bookkeeping tasks off my plate, giving me more time to focus on more important areas to grow my business.

Cons

I am not able to get quite as granular with monthly reports as I was doing my own books with Quickbooks, but the bookkeepers are very helpful with providing info when requested.

It's great to hear we've been able to make your life a little easier, Angela! Thank you so much for sharing and for being with us.

CD

CHRISTOPHER D.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

User for 4 years.

been using them for a few years now. i cant think of any other online bookkeeper i would prefer to use.

Pros

The price to service is second to none. You really get a lot for your money. Plus when you need to talk (and not just message) there is always someone there.

Cons

occasional miscommunications. nothing too bad, just takes a little extra to get straightened sometimes. its the perils of a digital platform.

ES

Eric S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Perfect for Startups and Small Businesses!

I solved the issue of not giving bookkeeping the time needed to run my business.

Pros

The best part about Bench is the amount of time saved using a specialist to make sure it’s perfect.

Cons

I wish I had a little more control over categorizing expenses instead of leaving comments for someone at Bench to edit it for me, but again, I still save time not doing it myself.

TH

Tony H.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

One Less Thing To Worry About!

Pros

Running a small business alone is quite tough. After pulling my hair out trying to categorize every purchase at the end of the month, signing up with Bench made accounting so much easier! Each month Bench sends over my monthly expense report, and keeps everything perfectly balanced, like all things should be. I highly recommend bench, and look forward to continuing my subscription.

Cons

Monthly reports come in the middle of the next month. Not necessarily a bad thing, just what I like LEAST about the software.

JP

John Paul L.

Recreational Facilities and Services, self-employed

Bench for Business

My overall my experience has been very well. I now use this a few times a week to track my business health and me bookkeeper Yashub is great as communicating with me.

Pros

Great customer service and very consistent in updating all info and expenditures to keep a real pulse on overall health of financial status including all reports.

Cons

Integration took a little longer and a few timely processes to begin that were a little confusing, however all necessary steps at the end of the day.

Hi, John! We're thrilled to hear that Bench has helped you keep an accurate pulse on the financial health of your business. Optimizing the client experience is extremely important to us and it's great to hear that Yashub has been providing a key level of support.

NL

Nour L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Good option for a scrappy startup

Pros

Bench has allowed our early stage startup to handle US bookkeeping at a reasonable price, and with a real human being behind the interface.

Cons

I wish they could do tax filing as well for companies owned by foreign individuals and with foreign subsidiaries. I had to use Taxfyle for that reason and I would have preferred to have everything in one place.

Hi Nour! We're so happy to be supporting you and your business during this time. It's great to hear that we've been able to give you valuable time back, so you can focus on growing your business! Thank you so much for sharing and for being with us.

EJ

Elijah J.

Consumer Services, self-employed

excellent

Pros

Easy to understand and good layout. My assigned account easy to communicate with.

Cons

Expense but the final product is very easy understand.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Elijah! We really appreciate it.

MM

Micah M.

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Bench Makes Accounting Easy!

With Bench, I no longer have to worry about doing the accounting for my small business. I let them handle all the details, check in via phone a few times a year, and then hand off all the information to my tax guy. It's quick, easy, and affordable!

Pros

I like the ease of use, the clean interface, the reporting, the customer supper, the look and feel.

Cons

The turnaround on monthly accounting is sometimes 2-3 months out.

Matthew C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Bench has helped get our company's books in order at a fair price

Good, helped us get our company back on track after having a messy first few years

Pros

Was easy to jump in, quick responses from support, helped balance our previous year's books

Cons

A little expensive to start, doesn't go into as much granularity as I might like

Hi Matthew. We're glad to hear that we were able to help get your bookkeeping back on track! Thanks for being with us.

AM

Aida M.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent!

Pros

I love that it lets me focus on running my business and dealing with Clients versus having to handle the tedious task of bookkeeping! This makes it easy to give the end of year packet to my accountant to file my taxes. He loves it too!

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about this. It's easy to use and affordable.

AV

Alberto V.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Simple but efficient

Pros

It takes automatically your expenses and revenue from your bank accounts and credit cards

Cons

Not valid for accrual accounting or to have proper AP/AR ledgers

Ryan O.

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

Love bench!

Overall, I love using bench. It lets me not have to worry about bookkeeping at all.

Pros

Bench is extremely user-friendly. Customer service is great. It takes care of the bookkeeping so I don't have to worry about it.

Cons

Some of the reports are a bit lacking. It's not possible to look at all expenses for a particular vendor for example. I also wish there was an android app.

BC

Billi C.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Look here for a great accounting team!

Pros

The customer service and their communication with the software have been excellent!

Cons

Initial setup was a long process as with any book keeping!

Hi Billi, thanks for sharing your experience with us! The team is happy to hear that they can help support you throughout and that you're loving their continuous communication.

WC

Westley C.

Used other for less than 6 months

Bench Review

Good due to good rep however overall functionality could be better - to what was promised. Still expecting a fix moving forward that has been promised, but has not happened yet.

Pros

Time-saving aspect. The fact that I don't have to do the bookkeeping myself anymore.

Cons

A lot of features that were advertised when I was onboarded actually did not work when I paid the significant sign-on fees, discovered this months down the line and these issues have still not been fixed.

Hi Westley. Thank you so much for your feedback! We've shared your comments with your bookkeeping team. A member of our Client Success team would love to speak with you to discuss your pain points in greater detail. We will be in touch via email shortly!

BJ

Benjamin J.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Outsourcing bookkeepers

Started with bench on one entity and have since transitioned 3 entities ‘

Pros

We love the ease of use and communications.

Cons

Some bugs from time to time which cause delays

SM

Stephen M.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great service for a growing company

Great service!

Pros

I really like the ease of use and great customer service provided by the Bench team

Cons

Micromanagement from the beginning but necessary

Thank you, Stephen!

Megan E.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Can't beat the price for the level of service!

I can't find this level of service for the price anywhere else. No other companies can even come close. I also love that they often work with entrepreneurs of small businesses like mine, so they know my unique challenges and can address them.

Pros

I have a dedicated person to help walk me through my financials whenever needed.

Cons

Sometimes there is difficulty connecting with some financial institutions so I have to upload a report each month.

Hi Megan, we're so happy to hear that you're loving your Bench experience! We are thrilled that your team has been able to walk you through your financials whenever needed! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your business!

Akande D.

Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bookkeeping made easy (and really intuitive)

Bench was a great experience from start to finish and though I did not continue to use them, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable bookkeeping service.

Pros

Bench had a very simple and easy onboarding process that gave me a ton of clarity as to how the work would be done and what I could expect. I was shown how they would access my financials, how they would organize expenses and more.

Cons

Something I wasn't aware of when initially signing up with Bench was that they are a bookkeeping service and not a CPA. At first, I didn't know the difference but it was explained. They've since made it clear that they only offer bookkeeping, which is a more limited service offering.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great platform, great team, great experience

We're a small startup team and the experience with Bench has been fantastic. From the sales, to onboarding, to dedicated bookkeeper, everything's been awesome. Highly recommend

Pros

We looked at a lot of alternatives. Bench is the least expensive, most modern, and what you'd expect in a bookkeeping platform.

Cons

There were a few non-critical bugs here and there, but they were all fixed within the same day. This is the nature of software and not a con by any means.

Thank you so much for the kind words and recommendations! We truly appreciate it!

David Y.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Simplified bookkeeping service

Solid.

Pros

Ease of uploading, pulse tab to see where my finances are currently, and the ease of communication with my book keeping team.

Cons

The scheduling software is usually a day out. So, urgent questions don't get answered until the following day.

Thanks so much, David!

CH

Chris H.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Next level in bookkeeping

Great experience. Easy on-boarding, super-friendly and responsive support team. They are quick and thorough with answers and feedback. Slightly overpriced, in that I feel like our small business should have qualified for the lower tier pricing. But other than that I have only praise. Glad we decided to give it a try.

Pros

Great service and support. Nice UI.

Cons

Slightly overpriced.

Hi Chris - Thank you for the review! We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your experience with us (and that we've been able to help you on the price side of things). I'll be sure to pass this on to Devin and the rest of your team. - SP

LA

Luis A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Bench, a good ally

excellent

Pros

They are very organized, they respond quickly

Cons

All things are very good, I don´t have any bad comments.

It's great to hear we've been able to make your life a little easier, Luis! Thank you so much for sharing and for being with us.

EO

Ellie O.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing service

Pros

I have used Bench for the past couple of months for my business. It is an incredibly easy service and I would recommend 10/10 times. In the past we have used other bookkeeping services that are unreliable. Bench is always reliable. Our rep responds same day and the user interface is beautiful.

Cons

We are very happy with Bench. I would love to see Bench become an advisory / CPA service as well!

Hi Ellie! Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and feedback. Currently we have a network of CPA's that we can refer our clients to. They have been trained on our Bench app, and work really well with our service! All the best!