Bill.com for QuickBooks Online Reviews

4.26/5 (257 reviews)

Louis Carrillo

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts payable and recievable service and robust options for integration.

Reviewed 2018-05-01
Review Source: Software Advice

We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com. Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online. Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs. Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Exceeds expectations

Reviewed 2018-06-15

EASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.

Jennifer Pierce Cook

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

Reviewed 2018-02-01

No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

Anonymous

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Daniel Luthi

Quality AP processing

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes. It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Hailley Field

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Reviewed 2018-01-19

Easier day at the office.I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Kelly Schwaninger

Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Time saving.I like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.

Therese Jolson

Bill.com makes the ease of Accounts Payable online

Reviewed 2016-11-17

I have several vendors that use Bill.com as well as I have used online bill paying service for the past 10 years. I enjoy being able to travel, be on the road and have access to my bills. Bill payment process is very easy and customer support very easyAll bills for the year in one place. I use the app a lot. I am able to approve bills for my business from anywhere.

Alex Burgan

Easy to use, simple, organized

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Helpful in keeping track of everything you've paid. Syncs easily with QB. Easy search features allows you to go back and view previously paid invoices. Fast payments. Tells you if payment is outstanding or not.

Cheryl Wilson

Excellent A/P solution for small to medium-sized businesses

Reviewed 2018-04-11

Efficiency, ease of use and remote capabilities related to AP functionsIncredibly easy to use; I like that it easily syncs to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software

Anonymous

Great product with a few flaws

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Love that they handle the payments for us!It is easy to use for AP bill processing. I enjoy the fact that each client can have users login and code bills on their own, no pre-coding is required other than the vendor and amount. I like that you can search for all bills by vendor and see copies of checks. The audit trail is a great feature. Auditors do love it.

Denise Whittington

Bill.com Accounts Payable Review

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Bill.com has increased our productivity and accuracy, with very few issues.The concept of having a digital copy of each bill/invoice/statement that you can open up at any time. This is exceptionally helpful during closing, if you need to verify something.

Josue Hernandez

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-07-26

bill.com is one of the fastest and efficiante way to import data to quickbooks and we used it every day. Bill.com is really simply and easy to use and it works really well with Quickbooks that I can import data with no issues and this happens every day and I am glad that this software helps me to do my job a lot more easy.

Amy Price

Used to be a leader, falling behind

Reviewed 2018-02-13
Review Source: Software Advice

The permissions are customizable, you can be very particular about how the QuickBooks sync happens, and the approval workflows are great. I appreciate being able to connect to Hubdoc, QBO, and Tallie, among other apps.

Aaron Odle

Efficiency for the win!

Reviewed 2014-07-11

Our company manages the accounting for more than 20 entities on the Bill.com platform and it has helped us achieve a great reputation and a successful business model. There are three areas of particular success: Efficiency - We reduced our payable cycle from 3 days to 2 days. Particularly, we cut out the need to print checks, sign checks, stuff envelopes, and mail checks. At over 300 checks on average semi-monthly, the time savings is easily worth the marginal cost. Internal Controls - The Bill.com system has built in controls which we customized to meet each entity's needs. In some case's the entity's manager wants final approval on all invoices; in other cases the manager doesn't want to know about payables except on a monthly financial report. We're able to setup online approvals appropriately. The audit trail function is also helpful in identifying every user who touched the invoice from upload to payment. Paperless - It took me a while to wrap my head around truly paperless accounting, but it's true - we no longer have a file cabinet! Our files are now all store in the cloud on Bill.com. If the auditor needs to see the invoice, approval, and payment confirmation, we can provide it all electronically. At the end of the year, we can export all of the supporting documentation to a CD and deliver to our client for their permanent records. This means instead of sending 5 bankers boxed of invoices and other supporting documents, we now deliver 1 cd. Efficient Good internal controls Paperless

Margaret Warren

upgrade from schedule fly, integrative

Reviewed 2018-06-25

I like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.

Tracy Vargas

Streamlines AP to a paperless process

Reviewed 2017-06-28

Time savings Accountability - able to designate approvers for invoicesPaperless - don't have to print or mail payments or file invoices Can quickly access PDF's of any invoice and all the accounting details

Anonymous

One of my favorite software to use

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Great software - easily sync with quickbooks and easy to connect to other vendors. Customer support is great! They are quick and polite and are able to address my issue and questions. I especially like the follow up emails - they allow me to track the progress of the case submitted and I can continue talking with the same representative on the phone/chat

Delay payments to contractors

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-12-11

Jill Frillman

Great product - but pricey

Reviewed 2016-11-17

Great customer service, onboarding new clients is much improved from when I first started using them years ago. Only issue - per client price is high considering we are also paying for usage. As a firm it would be great to have better pricing.Easy of use - capturing all documents in one place for one client with a dedicated fax number and email address.

Mackenzie Davids

Getting help is painful

Reviewed 2018-10-01

It's not great. We use bill.com to invoice our customers. 60% of our client base has complained about the experience with bill.com because setting up accounts is not intuitive, and clients often times have set up different kinds of accounts by accident then feel harassed by reminder emails which state they haven't paid an invoice, even though they are marked as "paid" on our end. We paid a hefty API integration fee in an effort to host all of these invoices in our own system so that our customers wouldn't have to interact with bill.com. However, now we are facing a whole new set of challenges trying to gather information from bill.com that isn't exposed, but is integral in making the integration successful... then trigger days and days of frustration with support to get about 60% of the information that we need. The ease of creating and tracking invoices

Diane Fisher

Bill payment time saver

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Great experience and easy to use and train The thing that I liked most is the method of processing invoices and payments was sped up dramatically. This became a huge time saver and more efficient. Easy to transfer information to our general ledger.

Rhonda Woerner

Bill.com to go paperless

Reviewed 2018-05-17
Review Source: Software Advice

We love: -custom permissions -ease of routing items for approvals -audit trail -direct messaging to vendors -document repository -no papers to get lost

Adam Butt

Stay away from vantage card services

Reviewed 2018-08-04

I’ve never had an issue with billl.com, I’d give a 10/10. The problem is that they only allow you to process credit cards through vantage card services who are a total mess and their managed team gave me inaccurate information several times.

Anonymous

Bill.com is the best out there

Reviewed 2018-08-09

This software is a key piece of software in my business, which allows me to pay bills from anywhere not just in my office. Plus I never have to write a check.This software is extremely easy to use and their support is excellent to work with.