Synder Logo

Synder

Smart management of e-commerce/online payments in accounting

Synder Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.31/10

Reviews by rating

Really good customer support (recently [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a big help) and very happy with the software. My only gripe is the price.
I have had such an awesome experience with Synder saving me tons of time on data entry and what makes it really a super smooth experience is that the support team is RIGHT THERE when you need them.
These guys rock at what they do and are dedicated to excellent service. I highly recommend them.
I didn't know the product well enough before, and found it slightly confusing to sync up with my quickbooks. It was hard for me to identify the cause of error, and where it existed.
Its a bit frustrating that you need credits to use it for importing historical data as I am trying to do my accounting for last year but it isn't a nightmare.
The only issue I have with the software is with classes in Quickbooks. If you are using classes in Quickbooks it can be difficult to sync to the correct class.

BB

Beth B.

Office Manager

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Helpful service!!

Transcript

Beth: Hi, my name is Beth. I'm an office manager for an organic spice and herb company, and I would give...

RH

Richard H.

Veterinary, self-employed

Seamless!

Chuffed to bits - and I highly recommend this product.

Pros

Automation. Automation is the name of the game. And with this integration into QuickBooks, what used to be cross-referencing between online banking on the left side of the monitor, with spreadsheets on the right side, with 10 open tabs for Amazon purchases, eBay purchases etc, etc, etc... ...All of this is done in a few clicks. Literally a few clicks. I'm a one-man-band (not literally), so saving time and stress with this type of payments system makes my life a heck of a lot easier.

Cons

I haven't come across any bumps/issues/whatever yet.

SK

Scott K.

Internet, self-employed

Synder App - They Do One Thing and Do It Well

It was excellent. We went from a Quickbooks Desktop workflow that included emails/post-its to a fully streamlined, automated workflow. While we could have stayed with Quickbooks Desktop, we shifted to Quickbooks Online with little or no effort on the Synder app.

Pros

Loved the flexibility of the application to act as a conduit for our transactions. Support staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were fantastic to help us through testing and onboarding. They support multiple transactional sources.

Cons

We had some glitches at first and had some display issues using various browsers. The support staff helped to rectify the issues and kept us in the loop throughout the process.

jl

jadon l.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

review

bookkeeping and accounting. much neede tool to expedite our needs

Pros

The tool is very easy to use. I was up and running within minutes

Cons

nothing. I had a very successful time integrating the app into our normal bookkeeping records

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Bulletproof Sync Between Stripe & QBO

Pros

Business Payments is basically set and forget. We've been using it for more than a year and we haven't had to touch it at all. All of our Stripe transactions are automatically imported into QBO just a few minutes after they happen.

Cons

We don't have any dislikes. It does exactly what it's supposed to do.

DC

Donna C.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks intergration

Pros

Very easy to setup and use and support was patient with my questions even though I didn't really need them as the answers were easy to find. I love the ability to either syn automatically or turn that off and select only the items I want, and that it was easy to setup both Stripe and PayPal with the same APP. We are a Canadian company using QB online in multicurrency and it was very easy to select to proper accounts for everything to map to correctly The pricing is reasonable

Cons

So far there is nothing negative to say

TR

Trenton R.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

SImplify The Process

This App has made the integrating of Payal Transactions with Quickbooks simply saving time and eliminating problems.

Pros

This APP simplifies acccounting and integration of PayPal with Quickbooks saving time, and eliminating the complexity of accounting for the novice. It is easy to set Up and thus track Profits & Loss & Taxes . Nice Tool.

Cons

Price: This App Could Be More affordable at the higer tiers to attract Statup Ventures

MP

Maria Paz G.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Saves a lot of work

We are very happy. Saves a lot of time.

Pros

Business Payments generates the invoices on Quickbooks online for all Stripe and Paypal transactions. Before using this app we had to split manually every transaction, which took a lot of work.

Cons

Some time the information from stripe and Paypal arrives before the transfer. It's a bit confusing

Market Research, 1-10 employees

Snyder App is Excellent tool for Stripe to QB sync

Great product! Very easy to get started using the app to sync Stripe to QB. Customer support is super helpful, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

Very easy setup, intuitive, and user-friendly. Mapping of accounts is seamless.

Cons

Wish there were more pricing options... we need something between "Small" and "Medium"

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Very Happy

Just fine. Very happy so far.

Pros

The ability to hook into other platforms to be able to streamline the data input. The ease of doing that without aligning data fields has been a huge benefit. Everything goes where it is supposed to go and that helps!

Cons

Nothing that I have found at this time.

CH

Cyrus H.

Music, self-employed

Easy, painless process.

Pros

Spent way too long searching for alternatives to integrate Stripe with Quickbooks, ended up using this app directly within Quickbooks and I'm more than satisfied.

Cons

Costs money, which adds up amongst everything else, but that's to be expected.

MF

Michael F.

Import and Export, 1-10 employees

Worth every penny

Buy and setting up the product was extremely easy, support so far has been exceptional, but I am also realizing that I am just scratching the surface on what Synder all can do for us. As our business grows, I am sure I'll find new/additional value add from the platform.

Pros

We currently primarily rely on Quickbooks for our administration but use Synder to consolidate sales from four platforms (Etsy, Amazon, Square, and Paypal) in to a single administration. Synder grooms the data before we receive it into Quickbooks. The product works really well and when I ran into problems (twice) tech support was really supportive and left no stone unturned to resolve my issues. At first I was nervous to spend the money for our starting business but by now they have proven to be worth every penny.

Cons

The pricing for Synder is transaction based, which by itself is a pretty clever pricing model. As a new user I started syncing records before I had all the product mappings figured out. Now that I am deeper into the product I realize I need to go back and rerun historic transactions to resolve to the right products in QuickBooks Inventory management

SH

Shannon H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Nice product with a lot of functionality

Pros

Unlike many who probably use this, we use Square POS for restaurants. The main feature we love is the ability to real-time import Square transactions. But what's really different, is how they handle each transaction. Along with Square for Restaurants, we also have a Square checking account. Unlike traditional use of merchant accounts (where your transaction is logged and then automatically transferred to your bank account), with this setup Square is both the settlement account and the first deposit account. Synder is the only company that actually executes and logs both transactions (the sale / settlement & then the transfer to the square internal "checking" account).

Cons

Not really a Synder con, as so far none of them support this, but the lack of Square support for other Square transactions. Square now has checking & savings accounts, debit cards and loans. All of which are not sync'd by any of these types of software products (including Square's own).

KJ

Kara J.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Synder is easy and critical to my business

It has been great. It's smooth, easy, and consistent. Customer support has been great when I've had a question. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to chat with me and answer all questions I had.

Pros

Synder takes the work out of my accounting. All invoices paid are synched directly to my Quickbooks. It's smoother and I never have to worry. Before Synder, I was manually trying to keep track of everything. This makes it so easy.

Cons

I have no complaints. Synder has been great with all needs

EN

Enid N.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Intuit should be grateful this company exists

Compared to the desktop version, Quickbooks online is a hot mess. It is probably fabulous for a tiny business or individual entrepreneur. But our online educational non-profit is obviously far too complicated for their programmers. Our transactions are through PayPal, Square, and Stripe. With the online version of Quickbooks - you cannot get a good import from these major providers unless you purchase Synder. At least the programmers at Synder know how to get it done and get it done right. Every question I have asked has been immediately answered with the right information that I needed. The program itself works like a charm.

Pros

As I told [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the last time I asked for his help importing PayPal and Stripe - This service is the only reason I'm not on tranquilizers while trying to work with Quickbooks online. The Synder app is logical, well thought out and works - in other words, everything that Quickbooks online is not.

Cons

At the moment I'm so grateful it exists I cannot think of a con.

MM

Michael M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Great product and fantastic support

Pros

This SaaS synchs my Stripe transactions and Quickbooks. It is fast, accurate. And the tech support is excellent. Worked today with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who was knowledge and patient. Really knew his stuff, did not waste anytime as his communications were very clear and actionable. Superb chat support.

Cons

none, I love Synder. This is fantastic software If you need your QBO to talk to Stripe, this is the stuff to use

EE

Emma E.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Fantastic customer support

Pros

The automation between QuickBooks and payment gateways. The support is absolutely fantastic. I had such in depth and immediate help from the rep who made me feel that I was important enough to answer promptly and spend time on. I have been so frustrated in setting up my new QuickBooks account, and their online chat was painful and clearly the operator was talking to someone else. With Cloud Business, I had immediate and individual help, which really worked for me and helped to get my book keeping operational where QBO had no real interest. Thank you so much. The support alone is why I have now chosen to use Business Payments going forward.

Cons

The price of course but it's not a real complaint!

JT

Jadelyne T.

Accounting, self-employed

Excellent Tool

Absolutely love the ease of use. I had my clients Stripe transactions into QuickBooks Online within minutes.

Pros

I never even knew a such thing existed. I initially went back and forth between QuickBooks and my clients Stripe account. Once Business Payments was referred to me by a fellow bookkeeper I immediately downloaded it, and I will definitely keep using it for myself and other clients.

Cons

When I initially downloaded this product for my client, I needed to sync a few months of transactions--exceeding the 50 transaction sync limit. The organization is so small that going forward the 50 transaction limit will suffice, however, just for my initial setup I would have liked to be given a little more. Perhaps a first time user bonus?

CC

Catherine C.

Accounting, self-employed

OUTSTANDING SUPPORT

The Chat Support offered here is OUTSTANDING. Stan took a long time to walk me through setting multicurrency accounts, answered ALL my questions with patience and then answered some more questions. Every time I have chatted with him, I am super happy. This is a rare thing today. OLGA is equally Super! Thank you!

Pros

This software logical and makes sense to the accounting user. It is forgiving in allowing rollbacks of syncs, just in case you screw up.

Cons

So far no cons with the product. I will have to use it longer to look for cons.

BB

Bill B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

New user here

Pros

New user here. Can't comment on anything yet except implementation assistance, which was outstanding. Anna asked all the right questions to find out what we needed, then walked me through every step of the process to configure Synder AND configure QBO (!!!) to integrate the two products in exactly the way I hoped things would work. I think this is so important to a successful implementation and, honestly, not something many companies get right. Synder did.

Cons

New user - don't have enough experience to comment.

IP

Isabelle P.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees

save time and money

Pros

very easy to integrate, this app saves you time and works seamlessly. great customer support.

Cons

sometimes a bit confusing with the different european VAT rates.

BA

Broc A.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Check out the Synder app for syncing transactions with Quickbooks!

I had a great experience. I was very pleased.

Pros

I had a great experience in researching the functionalities of the Synder App for my Stripe and Paypal transactions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely knowledgable and answered all of my questions. If you are unsure about getting this app, be sure to chat in and speak to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He will assist and guide you and address any concerns you may have.

Cons

I did not experience any negative effects of using this software.

BG

Becky G.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Simple and easy to connect with QBOnline

I used to have to create journal entries and add fees separate from the transaction and note everything correctly. This does it seamlessly and interfaces with QBOnline easily.

Pros

Helps me to simplify the reconciliation process on QBOnline by streamlining transactions from different payment options.

Cons

So far, the only thing that has confused me is the website is b-payments.com, but the customer support comes from cloudbusinessltd.com, so it can misdirect a new user. Otherwise, once it is set up, there are no hang-ups.

MH

Meagan H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Accountant at the Beach

Good.

Pros

It allows Stripe to feed through and properly reflect fees.

Cons

It is a little complicated to get started.

SR

Sheri R.

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Synder Support

Excellent! We are new to Synder but so far it has been a seemless transition. I had to make a change to our process today and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was on chat to walk me through it every step of the way and didn't jump out until my change was completed successfully.

Pros

Customer Support is excellent! Walked us through the setup of the product and had us going in an hour

Cons

Not always intuitive where to find the item you need to update

VW

Valeria W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Excellent service!

Everything is running smoothly, my accounts are synced and auto sync without a problem and customer service is great! (Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!)

Pros

So easy to set up and maintain. Great customer service! (Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!)

Cons

Nothing so far. It was really easy to use and this was after abandoning other apps in the midst of a lengthy and confusing setup process.