Synder Logo

Smart management of e-commerce/online payments in accounting

Synder Reviews - Page 2

RD

Robert D.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Syncing with QuickBooks not ready for Prime-Time

It took a while to get into a good working relationship due to the default hands-off approach and reliance upon scripted answers as opposed to engaging directly, but once we got past that and started to work together, their support staff was extremely responsive and helpful, and I was not a happy customer and was very demanding. I think a big part of that initial disconnect is caused by some poor...

Pros

I like their flexibility, and their support staff really listened to my input for changes and even in the short time I used their product; I saw some of those changes take place in the application, so from that I also know that their developers are also eager to improve and adjust their software to make it more effective.

Cons

Their product just doesn't work well enough to save me any time by importing Amazon & Paypal transactions into QuickBooks Desktop. Their process is full of errors and their configuration interface could be a lot more intuitive, which would reduce miscommunications along the way. In the few months I spent working with Synder, I wasted more than 100 hours troubleshooting & repairing. I even ended up...

DH

Deb H.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Useful product, great customer service

It's taking a little while to learn, but customer service has been excellent. They're available and helpful by chat, so I've received all the information I've asked about. I've chatted with several people who were helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was patient and worked hard to answer all my questions.

Pros

It connects sales from multiple platforms to QBO and has the option to roll back the sync, which gives you the chance to fix errors and resync correctly.

Cons

It's somewhat complicated to set up. All products and services must be set up exactly as you want them in POS systems and QBO, so it takes a while to iron out the kinks. Run it in small batches to see how the sync sends information to your P&L.

RR

Rodrigo R.

Amazing Support

Pros

Synder has a team that can speak to you instantly via the live chat or you can even request a call/Zoom meeting. Accounting can be very time-sensitive and it has been of crucial importance to have the Synder support team available for me when it is really necessary. Shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for his support and patience in helping me deal with a multi-channel issue regarding Amazon FBA, shopify, and many other platforms. We figured it out after several meetings and he was right there to help along the way.

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to share other than the fact that it can be a bit tricky to set up everything perfectly if you have several sales channels. But, the point of this is to stick through it, to set it all up, and then you don't have to worry about accounting headaches down the line.

BS

Beth S.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Big Time Saver

Customer support has changed since I started using Synder. For the longest time the chat was available and every issue I had was taken care of instantly. Any questions I had was very responsive and resolved within minutes. They have since shifted to email support for questions/issues. Response time is now a day for any questions which can be very frustrating.

Pros

I need detailed transactions loaded to QB desktop - not daily summary. We track inventory for apparel and there are thousands of items. Most interfaces I found do only the summary. Synder gives me that detail and once setup correctly puts the transactions into the correct accounts on QB Desktop. Big time saver.

Cons

My biggest complaint is not being able to data map the item name to a field in quickbooks. I need the variation on Square to map to the item name in QB Desktop. My background is technology - programming. The ability to map fields is already part of their functionality for setup - just not for this field. I have tried multiple times to explain but am not heard. I have to pay staff to go into every transaction and update the items. If this was fixed I would five start this software 100%!!

JS

Jamie S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Synder Invoicing

We implemented synder to allow us to invoice multi-currencies and give customers the ability to pay by credit card. This has made our AR operations much more efficient!

Pros

The real time sync and integration with quickbooks

Cons

We hope to be able to customize our invoice email with our logo

AL

Asher L.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

We love Synder!

Pros

We love Synder! We have a small business that holds a lot of daily transactions and syncing them with Quickbooks would be a nightmare manually. Synder has made the automation process smooth and their support team is always available to answer questions. [sensitive content hidden] met with us recently due to a payment processor switch and quickly helped us set up everything just like it was before!

Cons

Nothing so far, we are currently hoping that they expand to other platforms to fully automate everything!

MW

Michael W.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

I recommend Synder for Stripe Transactions

I am happy with the service and the application

Pros

Once setup it helps transfer Stripe raw transaction data into Quickbooks Desktop software. It saves me a lot of time.

Cons

It took awhile to setup the app. However, I had great customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She helped me quite a bit to get things working.

Matthew N.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Synder keeps winning my heart over again

Not to overstate.. my overall experience with Synder is exceptional. Both with the software and customer support. I consider myself an advanced user, and when I ran into an issue this morning, Lizzie helped me solve the issue quickly over chat.

Pros

I can manage multiple client connections under my single login. Once set up, each account runs on auto-pilot. I use Synder to process 300+ transactions currently, all of which I'd have to manually process without the software.

Cons

Minor user preferences could be improved, such as having an option for a longer period before being automatically logged out.

DS

DON S.

Accounting, self-employed

Synder sync is very powerful and helps sync Stripe and QBO

the sync process is nice and they are dilligent to get the sync right and work with you as a client

Pros

This is a very good sync app that syncs with Stripe or Square to QBO. I have used it on both platforms with two different companies I do bookwork for. One is about 500 transactions per month from Stripe and the other is about 100 transactions or less. But it is very nice in that the app sync process sets up the customer in QBO that had the sale over in Square or Stripe. You don’t have to do all that legwork. And you can rollback a transactions or cancel the sync at any time or try a sync then roll it back. Very useful. I used the competition and couldn’t get any tech support and gave up and tried this company out and am very pleased. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been very helpful in helping get my client companies setup and track down problems in the sync process. Highly recommend.

Cons

took a while to get synced and all setup, client accounts take a while to get configured correctly if you are an accountant providing this service it is a little rough

EN

Erika N.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Excellent software

I needed to automatize the entry from Stripe to QBO to avoid the manual entry and bank fee reclassification. Synder take care everything for me and the reconciliation is very easy.

Pros

Easy to set up and connect to QBO and support is fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful and have a lot knowledge about the software and how works. He take care my issue immediately and show me how make the corrections etc.

Cons

I like everything. I don't have any that i don't like

Vladimir K.

Love this software

We've been using this app for 1.5 years and love it. It takes about 5 minutes to make an initial set up. No headache in the future. We're syncing all our Woocommerce orders with QB (both Stripe and PayPal payments). And support... It's so fast and efficient! A guy named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] solved my issue in literally 2 minutes! I got the answer instantly. WOW!

Pros

- fast set up - worth the price - easy to use - multiple settings - syncs both Stripe and PayPal - awesome support

Cons

I haven't found any in 1.5 years. Maybe they should keep expanding and adding new services. However, it's an opportunity and not a con.

KD

Khristopher D.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Great service

Pros

Amazing customer service! [sensitive content hidden] has helped me several times and has always spent as much time as needed to get my questions answered and issues resolved. I value there service very much, saves a great deal of time.

Cons

I've lost connection a few times but customer service has always been there to help.

LB

Lori B.

Customer Service / Support

Overall I am happy with this service

Pros

I hate any kind of technical software issues and when I have trouble, or questions, I LOVE your customer support. Tonight, I was able to use a chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he answered all my questions quickly and efficiently and solved my problem right away. I appreciate you hiring wonderful people like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help me thru things like tonight's issue which are so frustrating for me.

Cons

Sometimes I get emails or corespondence that is not intuitive to me. I wish things were worded more "idiot proof" so that a layman can understand it. I make jewelry .... I am not an IT person.

WH

Will H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

The best product for Quickbooks Online

Overall experience with Synder has been great! I would recommend this product to anyone using Quickbooks Online and selling products with Shopify or other supported platforms.

Pros

The software works great, saves me lots of time with completing the sales reconciliations for my clients e-commerce sales deposits (Shopify). The support team is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me with a variety of stuck points and has solved my problems very quickly and taught me how to better use the software along the way.

Cons

The only suggestion I would make is to have a accountant portal developed similar to how QBO and receipt bank have, so that the client files/transaction data is more clearly separate. That being said I run multiple clients and have had zero issues with it.

CB

Colleen B.

Sports, self-employed

Recommend Snyder for nonprofit accounting

The syncing has saved a lot of time, energy, and money for our nonprofit.

Pros

Ease of syncing donations through Stripe to Quickbooks to make accounting and reconciliation easier.

Cons

Some of the settings can be tricky to perfect so the transactions show up how we want in Quickbooks. With time and some adjustments we have fixed the issues.

MT

Michele T.

Music, 11-50 employees

Synder review

Pros

This app syncs all of our Stripe payments into QBO in nearly real-time. Would recommend for that efficiency and accuracy alone.

Cons

The subscription price is high if you don't have a lot of transactions. Also, recently there's a fraud prevention charge added to every Stripe transaction, so if you have 100 syncs a month, that covers only 50 transactions, whereas before the fraud prevention charge was added, that would cover 100 transactions.

HB

Hafsah B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent Customer Support!!

Pros

I am a new user of this product, and recently had some trouble with the syncing of the transactions across the different platforms. I reached out to the help desk and was connected with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She was such a massive help, and constantly guided me through the entire process of fixing all the errors that had been building up for months. She spent days going through our company transaction reports trying to identify the errors and was wonderfully patient to deal with. Just wanted to give [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a massive shoutout for being so great to work with!

Cons

I didn't know the product well enough before, and found it slightly confusing to sync up with my quickbooks. It was hard for me to identify the cause of error, and where it existed. Overall i am happy with the product, after having my issues resolved.

AG

Arryn G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Helps me a ton

Really good customer support (recently [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a big help) and very happy with the software. My only gripe is the price. I don't use nearly the amount of syncs I pay for, so I wish there was a lesser-tier option.

Pros

It's generally easy to use and works just like it's supposed to.

Cons

None that I can think of. Fits my needs exactly.

PF

Paul F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Synder rocks!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the tipping point to me. She is well versed in her product and spent as much time on the phone as I needed.

Pros

I have tried many Stripe and QB Online integration. This one tops them all. Ease of use and technical support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was second to none.

Cons

Fast setup and automation was a breeze.

JW

John W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to verify transactions

Great customer support!! Helpful and patient.

Pros

The searching through transactions is easy to do when investigating payments.

Cons

There is one month per year when we exceed our number of synchs in our plan. Would like to pay one month extra for 50-100 more synchs.

PM

Paul M.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Really great product

Love the app, works like a charm and makes my life so much easier. Their chat support is fantastic, Thanks again [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for your quick responses!

Pros

Love the automatic Syncs and that you don't need to constantly check if it's working

Cons

Nothing it's great.

Corey A.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Set it and forget it

Pros

It's nice when you can have a software that runs in the background without having to manipulate and configure on a regular basis.

Cons

There isn't anything I would improve on this software, it runs as it needs to.

PN

Phillip N.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great solution to sync 1000s of Stripe payments in QBO

Fantastic. It does what it says it will do.

Pros

Super easy to set up. WOrks the first time. QBO records all required info from the connection.

Cons

paying via paypal. But I think they have changed that.

AS

Annie S.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

So far, so Great!

I would highly recommend this app and these folks. Outstanding!

Pros

I switched to Synder from Sync with Square because our business has 20 locations. Synder makes it really easy to link multiple locations, where Sync with Square did not. AND Synder’s customer service is outstanding (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].) There has always been somebody available to do a chat when I’m stuck on something, and they have been very patient with me – as I am not an accountant and none of this is easy for me.

Cons

I wish there was another tier for subscription fees.

RM

Robert M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Great for reconciliation

While the initial setup was difficult, Vita really took the time to help me figure out a clever ways to sync my refunds the way that I wanted to. Now I am expecting it to be a breeze!

Pros

Does what I need it to do with bank reconciliation and auto-categorization

Cons

I though it would be a little easier to set up. It took a long time to figure out how to put refunds in a different category than just the same product sales category as the revenue goes into. This is due to our refunds category being set up as an income rather than expense category with a negative balance