Canopy Reviews - Page 3

Great software, and the company is very good about ongoing development!

Time savings, efficiency and clarity of reports. Completeness of the reports, and a very professional presentation of the information. For example, when we present the results of a transcript pull, our clients feel we've done something very personal for them, and this helps our "word of mouth" advertising. I really like being able to do everything in one place. There are no separate programs to use, it's basically an all-in-one solution.

Pros

Very efficient, and for the most part, easy to use. I really like that the company is very responsive to issues, and seem to be in a constant state of improvement. There are new features that I haven't had time to use, but just knowing their there helps me plan for future use of those functions.

Cons

The font is very dim. I'd like more contrast between the different fonts to make navigation and other functions a little easier. I consider this fairly minor, as the other aspects of the software lend themselves to ease of use.

This product is a value proposition!

We switched from another product and have been delighted that we did. Canopy is easy to use, mostly intuitive, and easily customizable. It has allowed us to review budgets and save on payroll costs.

Pros

Task management. It allows us to stay on schedule and complete tasks in a timely manner or allows management to review where tasks are "stuck" and why.

Cons

LISTS! I can create customized lists, but I can't download the customized list. That's maddening.

All in One Place

We are new with Canopy, however we are excited to be able to have multiple software needs under one roof.

Pros

Its presence is on the cloud and can be accessed remotely with ease. No need to purchase multiple software programs to do what Canopy has to offer all in one place. Wonderful support in transferring your data from different software programs

Cons

Learning a new software program and working through a different pattern of thinking is always challenging.

WFS - Canopy

I have found that a great deal of my clients have enjoyed the Canopy app. I have gotten feedback that it is good to have their return on the go. I find that it has saved me some time.

Pros

I have a great deal of clientele that cannot come to my office, because of their location or timing. So Ihae use the e-signature and i has helped me considerably to get the signatures that I need.

Cons

When I set up Canopy on my side, I set folders. I think that it would be great that the client gets it as a folder as well so that they do not have to scroll through all the forms that are sent. I find that I have to label each form by date. It would be better If I can send them a file labeled by year.

This website has optimized our client communication faster than any other avenue.

Pros

We appreciate the ability to communicate with our clientele virtual through a multitude of platforms on Canopy, all precisely engineered to accommodate our desires.

Cons

The only opposition to Canopy would be that because of its many unique features it may seem complicated at face value, but it is nothing more complicated than an email.

Great product extraordinary customer support!

In it's fully developed form this product would be second to none! At the moment we use the product primarily for form population and transcript reports.

Pros

Integrated Form population - detailed client survey - transcript reports - assistant for innocent spouse and penalty abatement

Cons

no chronological record per client to record calls and history of actions taken - no integrated calendar per user per client integrated to a record showing actions taken - email is not very functional or user-friendly at this point.

Canopy is user friendly, robust, and agile. I love it.

Pros

The CRM component lets you take notes, update client work papers. The software also make it easy for clients to upload documents and files. Pulling clients transcripts is also a plus. This cuts out a lot of phone time waiting for the IRS to respond. Overall, it is a very good product.

Cons

I really don't have a con. This software is exceptional. I would like for some of the subject matter expect be a better t more knowledgeable in IRS procedures.

Critical in a World of IRS Notices

This software is absolutely critical in our Practice - especially with any OIC's, Payment Plans and Notice Resolution.

Pros

I like the transcript features and cannot work effectively without them.

Cons

Duplicates - hard to manage when system allows for duplicate names.

Software really helped to simplify the tax season for me.

Establishment of client database, transfer of files/documents through the portal and the integrated Stripe support for collecting credit card payments.

Pros

Ability to have a real database of clients. Ability to collect fees through Stripe integration with Canopy. Great to send out single email communications. Most importantly is the client portal, that was incredible and saved a huge amount of time for document transfer.

Cons

Mass mail feature did not work well. I chose to integrate with Google and most of my messages were instantly rejected by Google. I had to go to Mail Chimp. Integration with that platform might be nice.

Makes dealing with the IRS much easier!

Organization in tax resolution

Pros

This makes workflow for tax resolution manageable. This business is a bunch of hurry up and wait. This system helps to refresh my memory while transitioning to different clients.

Cons

Not so much a con, as much as anticipation for all the new options that are coming. They promised state forms when I bought and they delivered. I know when they say new options will be available, they will be delivered. Great upstart!

Everything software management for your firm!

Loving the software overall, lots of features! Love that they are making improvements all the time

Pros

I like that it integrates with QBO, it is easy to use and works for all our clients (Tax, Payroll & Bookkeeping) which we have had issues in the past. I love that it can be used as a Document Management

Cons

Email integration is a little tricky, I can't search because I have too many emails and there isn't a way to sort them easily. Also, the Calendar sync only uses my calendar not my shared calendars, so my staff doesn't see my schedule there

Love the interface & ease of use

Overall positive as interface with client support in a timely fashion and actually helped suggest certain features of software

Pros

Clean & intuitive interface. Loved the navigation & how information was presented.

Cons

Missing certain fields of information that would make it stellar

Canopy for Low Income Taxpayer Clinics

Canopy is fine, but it is too expensive for my company. I have nothing against Canopy, and I think that it is a great product. It is just overkill for what I need, and it is draining valuable resources from actually helping low-income taxpayers.

Pros

I used the software to pull transcripts for clients, so I did appreciate the auto-login update.

Cons

The price - we have limited funds and there are other software companies that are willing to provide software to LITCs at a discount or even free.

Great product

game changer

Pros

very easy. Its my go to in the morning noon and night. Any questions I need to answer about a client are answered right at my finger tips with this product

Cons

the Notes needs to be better for pasting emails

Canva has most definitely allowed me to streamline my tax business!

Streamline and mobility

Pros

I like that I have the ability to not only keep all my tax clients separate, but I can invoice and open up the application and work anywhere there's an internet connection!

Cons

One of the biggest cons I have is the inability to send out and have engagement letters digitally signed. The only thing would be to the interface, allow the user to hide some of the details when using the interface.

Canopy Program Is it worth the money

Canopy was a great program, I just don't believe it was worth the money they were asking by year two, so as a business we got rid of it.

Pros

Canopy was very easy to implement and use, it saved alot of time and space as far as filing and was very convenient for a secure upload area for clients.

Cons

I felt it was unnecessary for the program to create files for spouses just because you put them in the profile for the original client. I didn't like that you couldn't change the profile up to fit different types of clients. Also the cost kept going up each year.

Canopy has been a great resource for my accounting firm.

Pros

I love the intuitiveness of the product and the user interface on both my end and my client's. I use the product on a continuous basis and it has turned out to be a precious timesaver for my firm.

Cons

I wish the ability to update clients was a little smoother. The initial bulk import was smooth, but now there are several more needing to be added. The process does not seem as smooth to update the list.

I really like the software's ease of use; and my staff loves it!

Pros

The fact that even some of my least tech saavy clients can use this software. Also, the transcript feature is worth its weight in gold! I almost never have to use the very frustrating and non-user friendly IRS site, which is a real time saver for my staff and I.

Cons

I would say the cost; it is a bit prohibitive, but it does save me quite a bit of time so that might be a good tradeoff.

Canopy is amazing and must have!!

Just great overall!

Pros

its easy to use, helps me save and my clients love it!!

Cons

maybe a check mark feature when documents are reviewed

Hey Diana, We are excited that you love the product. We love hearing from our customers.

Excellent

Pros

Like how I can do everything in one software - all the forms, poas, etc in one engagement. Love the software.

Cons

The task system is still clunky. I understand the update, but I really like the simplicity in the orignal task system.

Canopy is extremely functional having secure portal, workflow & tax controversy resolution abilities

Pros

The ability to securely share documents with clients as well as complete POAs from client contact data already in Canopy. The ability to route workflow between team members with color coded statuses allows us to work efficiently.

Cons

Cannot identify a spouse as an interested party - which is helpful with kids' portal when the entire family has to file separate returns.

Our office LOVES Canopy!!! We love how user friendly it is and they have great customer service!

Canopy helped us streamline our process and allows our entire team to be in the know.

Pros

I love that it's so user friendly and the customer service is great! I love that they are always contacting us about new ideas to integrate into the program and they have implemented them.

Cons

The software is kind of pricey. As a small office, the cost is pricey, but we love the software so we pay it.

Canopy is Great, Even for the Small Firm

We are on top of projects and more in control of our firm than ever before. Canopy solved some major growing pains for us.

Pros

Canopy put everything in one place for us. The implementation was seamless and clients love it.

Cons

QBO integration could be adjusted to not include inactive contacts that are no longer clients. Including these clients creates too much clutter in the software.

Great tool for managing client tasks

Pros

I like being able to assign tasks and monitor them. I like how easy it is to use for our clients. They have very little trouble navigating the site.

Cons

There are not a lot of things that I don't like about the software. Sometimes, this is not a frequent event, it doesn't allow me to edit an existing invoice, but once I refresh, the issue is taken care of.

Ceci's Review

It truly makes it easier to communicate with us all in the office. I'm loving this software better than "Click Up"

Pros

I love how secure it is for us and our clients. The secure Portal. I also love that if im stuck I can message some one immediately.

Cons

Non at the moment. But I will let you know when I do have some.