Cayan Reviews

4.39/5 (33 reviews)
Pros
  • This software is easy to use, can add transactions without a card and without the client being present.
  • The money matches my deposits and is quick. the most important thing, it is easy to use and always accurate.
  • Its new features are user friendly. It seems like it is a lot easier to use which makes training a lot easier.
  • The most I like: it's ease and fast. Also I like the system gives clear reports. Immediately I know how much I sold.
Cons
  • It feels like there is a lag. Sometimes i feel like the machine is a little slow compared to other ones.
  • I can't get the swipe/chip to work very often, but I think it is mostly not charged. Unfortunately I do not have a card for most clients.
  • The first time I used it, I had to login several times because it didn't recognized the password. Had to change the password in order to log in.
  • Name change from CapitalBank to Cayan and then recently was purchased by another credit card processing company. Wondering what this means for the future.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Lester Ramey

Worst possible company.

Reviewed 2018-07-07

It works, but at a premium cost.

Pros
The software works, but at a premium cost. We've been a user for over 10 years and didn't know we had a choice to change.

Cons
Very HIGH rates. No support from CAYAN. If you can reach someone, they will tell you one thing and do another. They control your account and deduct as they want without authorization.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Gayle Horton

easy to use

Reviewed 2018-01-22

quick transactions

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Judy Stritt

Great help to my business

Reviewed 2018-01-17

Quick and easy to use.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Great Prices on Processing

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-19

Pros
Processing credit cards is a funny business in the business world. Technology has almost made the number 1 source of payment credit cards. Yet credit cards cost business owners money. Cayan has great rates and the equipment structure is perfect for conducting small business.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Never have had a problem when it comes to the use of the software.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Pros
Easy to use, doesn't have an obnoxious noise when it comes to your payment being processed like alot of other retail stores have.

Cons
There are some bugs that would need fixed, I know we have had a problem when it comes to customers not having a chip on their card and when they go to swipe the card for payment the payment is declined and we would just have to hand key the card information in to receive payment.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Damon Shiem

Easy to use. Transitioned from Square (who says they are easy to use) and am never going back.

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Pros
Great, actual customer service. They actually solve your problems and follow up if it's more complicated than a short call.

Cons
You get what you pay for and I wouldn't say it's a con, but this isn't the cheapest option. We took advantage of their off (discount) of a terminal promotion and was able to get up and running very quickly.

Elizabeth Baralt

It has been easier than I thought, specially because it's my first time selling anything.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-16

Thien Phan

Had a good experience

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The ease of usage and record keeping

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10