All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Emburse Chrome River Expense Reviews

Works great for its purpose

Overall the system does a great job at handling expense reporting.

Pros

I like the mobile app and how easy it is to upload receipts. The system does. Good job at allocation as well.

Cons

I don’t like having to go into the support center to enter a support tickets. I would rather email it to a support desk.

Excellent Flexibility

Pros

What I like most about Chrome River is its ability to meet our needs. We have a few requirements which others could not meet, however Chrome River could do so because of how their system is built

Cons

At times their helpdesk is slow to resolve open issues.

Chrome River Expense

We are able to get out more on-time payments than ever before.

Pros

It has eliminated paper tracking and signature. Users get an alert when something needs to be signed. Huge improvements

Cons

Setup was a little tricky. We lacked institutional knowledge that could have improved this.

Very Easy To Use

Pros

My favorite feature is taking a photo of my receipt on my phone and emailing an expense receipt. We recently upgraded to the Mercury version, and it is even easier to use.

Cons

It does take some time to get used to the software, but it is easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Expense Tracking System

I have a positive experience using this product. It is easy to use and has many features that reduced my admin time of submitting expenses.

Pros

Moving from a manual process to chrome river has greatly improved the time of processes expenses. End-user can upload receipts reducing time and increasing efficiencies.

Cons

It would be nice if more features such as mobile support, receipts that could be read to prefill require fills on expenses, but really this is probably coming on future updates.

Excellent electronic approval software for expense reporting, much more efficient than our old syste

Pros

You can track expense report data effectively, monitor compliance errors, and route approvals quickly.

Quick Expense Reporting

Pros

The ability to use my phone to take a picture of my receipt and upload that either to a computer or an app makes providing and processing expenses quick and easy.

Cons

It would be great if this app could leverage optical character recognition to load information from the receipt directly into the details about the expenses.

Super easy way to get your expenses in!

I love using it and I enjoy showing others in my office how to use it.

Pros

The ease of desktop and mobile integration. Also, expense automation with vendors like Uber, Lyft and SpotHero is a real time saver.

Cons

Sometimes the OCR will split a document.

Great way to bring our University into the 21st century and strive for paperless expense management.

Auotmation

Pros

The routing rules, compliance rules and the ease of being able to track items quickly. Enabling the user to have more flexibility in timing and to not spend the majority on their time on "paper-work" shuffling. Creating an "all-in-one" place for reporting and multiple functions that can reduce headaches from both the fund manager, auditor, payables' team and the users.

Cons

The platform becoming not a fully functional system and the fix for the problem taking months to correct when all of the programming and configuration was completely in tact prior to any "upgrade" globally.

Chrome River Expense is Fantastic!

Pros

Very easy to use, analytics reporting is incredibly helpful when trying to keep everyone organized.

Cons

I think the communication between banking and chrome river could be faster.

Experience of use of Chrome River Expense Software

I remember when I started using of CRE my works are goings-on very fastly.

Pros

1. Easy of use, 2. Easy to reach, 3. Easy analyzeable, 4. Accuracy of data,

Cons

In our country, the art and knowledge of this software is less.

Very flexible product that is easy to customize to suit your company's needs.

Pros

Web-based software that is accessible on any mobile device and is very easy to use. We love the ability to flag duplicate expense submissions and make both expense owners and approvers aware of the duplicates.

Cons

Reporting is not as robust as we would like. You can run a custom query but you do not have the ability to save it. So you have to re-create the query each time you want to run it.

CR Review

Pros

User friendly Use from phone Upload receipts in gallery Easy to create report Automatic approval routing

Cons

No app Not really any cons to list. Chrome River thought about everything!

Chrome River Expense Review

Chrome River is an easy and efficient way to process employee expenses. In addition, it helps keeps us in compliance with our policies. It also integrates well with our accounting and payroll software.

Pros

Transitioning from paper to online. The ability to submit and approve on the the go. The employees that travel, love this feature.

Cons

I still have trouble with the Admin Tools.

Software review

Really enjoy the product big change for our company, but is allowing us to do more reporting.

Pros

Snap and send and reporting capabilities.

Cons

Customization for a business with complex GL system

Good experience once you get to know the system

Pros

I like the ease of use, the gui, selections, single sign on. The new ticketing system is better, but i still like submitting tickets through email

Cons

The way rules group exceptions are setup, huge excel sheets of approval processes coding, customer support

Great Expense Tracking Tool

Pros

This software make it more efficient for the finance team to process expense reports and pay our employees. The direct pay feature is great so that everyone can get paid electronically. It has cut down on the amount of checks we have to cut each month. It's pretty user friendly, and most people were able to just go in and figure out how to submit expense reports without any/much training.

Cons

Getting a report in order to get the information into our accounting software (QuickBooks) has not been easy. I wish there was a way to transfer the information directly into QuickBooks because the entering of the journal entry is still a bit cumbersome.

this system was a big improvement over our old expense reporting process

automated business process workflow and policy controls.

Pros

we like the way we can build our policies and routing rules into the software. the system was easily configured to our preferences.

Cons

there are some limitations in the way we like the user interface to be displayed and the email approval template formats. we have worked around these things.

Chrome River Does Everything An Expense Reimbursement Software Should

I like Chrome River. I like that my assistant can input my expenses and I can easily determine whether or not there are any expenses awaiting my approval, any expenses awaiting approval by others, and any expenses awaiting reimbursement. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Pros

I like that the dashboard makes it easy to determine whether there are unsubmitted expenses, expenses that have not yet been approved, or expenses approved for payment.

Cons

The aesthetic of the program could be improved drastically but it does not impact the functionality of the program.

Very Easy to Use

Pros

It's really easy to use. Being able to email pictures of receipts form my phone directly to my account is very convenient. The text recognition is better than I was expecting and it makes it super easy to clean up expenses and add them to a report.

Cons

The errors that get thrown when a business condition is not met sometimes seem a little unpolished. For example, if it warns you to include a note, and you include a note, the warning doesn't go away.

It has been frustrating

Pros

Just looks "Pretty". As an end user, since I have been using this program in our company, I haven't found anything with Chrome River which made me think what a great program.

Cons

Not user friendly, at all. It takes the Chrome River support help weeks to respond to your request. The features that Chrome River offers is too restricted and they are not tailored with our needs in the company. The final report is too long and keeps repeating the same information in different line entries. Overall, the previous simple program which our company used was much more user friendly and easy to process and use.

Can take pics of your receipts

It provides more detail than the previous expense software we used.

Pros

You can take pictures of your receipts to provide evidence of your expenses and chrome will often correctly guess it is a meal expense.

Cons

It can still take a long time to log all my expense. The function to read the amount from the receipt doesn't always work.

It is a pioneer in its field

Pros

Mobility, and putting the data entry into the hands of the end-user instead of an A/P team. Ability to create complex approval chain based on roles and locations.

Cons

Support is slow and overly challenging. Seems to be a bit of a language barrier with enhancement team.

For Reimbursement of Expenses

There has been an ease in uploading receipts and receiving reimbursements for expenses.

Pros

I find that chrome river is incredibly easy software to use once you learn how to use it. I enter my receipts and the expense code into the software and the reimbursement is processed within just a few days. It is easy to upload images of receipts as well.

Cons

The software can run a little slowly and took a little bit of time to learn how to use.

User Friendly!

Chrome River expense is intuitive and easy to help corporations manage large amounts of employees without having to take up employees time. It helps the approvers to manage any duplicate entries, rules, and company policies. Even the most technologically challenged individuals pick it up with some patience and guidance.

Pros

The software is user friendly, simple, and clean in execution.

Cons

Occasional glitches and sometimes takes a while for images to load or response of system is a bit slow.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.