All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SAP Concur Reviews

1,349 reviews

Makes Bookkeeping Easy

My team uses Concur Expense on the regular to keep track of our expenses for the month so we can submit a report at the end of the month. The platform collects our records each month from the attached credit cards and lets us know what expenses we need to find receipts for so they can be submitted as a report for the company. Concur makes this super easy and painless so that we can get back to our jobs after coding our receipts.

Pros

I love that Concur keeps record of payments for the sake of logging our expenses for the month. It's very simple and user friendly as far as creating reports and submitting them. My favorite feature is the fact that you can email your receipts from your email to your concur account so it is easy to attach them to a receipt for simple coding. Overall, the whole bookkeeping process is made super easy because of the way Concur is set up.

Cons

There are occasionally some weird auto-fill issues that pop up when coding a receipt, and there are some cases where it becomes challenging to know how to code something when no options for expense type quite match what the expense was for.

The app is so easy!

Our expense tracking was fairly rudimentary and manual prior to using Concur. In just the few years that I have been using the software, new features have been rolled out that our company has embraced. The feedback that I've received from our accounting teams is great. It is playing well with our other software systems. As stated above, I love the app!

Pros

My favorite part of this software is the companion mobile app. The desktop software is great but the mobile version utilizes what all smartphones have- a camera! The "ExpenseIt" feature is super easy to photograph your receipts and categorize expenses. It is relatively smart (ie; knows that food from restaurant X is probably a meal expense) and begins to learn your tendencies for category coding....

Cons

The desktop application takes some training as it's not entirely intuitive. We have hundreds of users, so we have dedicated training modules hosted in person or online.

As a road warrior with near weekly travel, Concur Expense makes my life easier

The overall experience has been very positive. There are a few minor quibbles, but overall the tool is relatively easy to use and has made my life much easier when it comes to booking and expensing travel.

Pros

Concur Expense is a great tool for road warriors, especially when linked with Concur Travel, allowing for seamless booking and expense functionality. The app is also great and allows you to submit reports, attach receipts (via the camera on your phone) without having to worry about being near a computer. We previously used a more cumbersome system that required mailing in paper receipts, so this has drastically improved the ease of use and cut down on wait times to be reimbursed.

Cons

There are a few minor drawbacks, mainly around all of the things that need to be specified in the tool - for example, having to constantly enter the business purpose, city of purchase, etc, even for small items like a bottle of water before a flight. To be fair, i'm not sure if that's just my company's settings within the tool, or if that is a universal function. Aside from that, the tool takes a little time getting used to, especially the drag and drop of individual expenses, but once you get the hang, it is pretty intuitive.

Modern Travel Expense Software

Pros

I like that travelers can attach receipts to individual charges. Travelers and approvers can sort expenses by date, dollar amount, expense type, etc. Organizations can customize Concur to add their own requirements and security warnings. I like that if you choose to print an expense report and click the PDF button, it generates a complete packet with all the receipts and backup documentation.

Cons

Our organization has the Request and Expense modules, and the two don't talk to each other very well. Travelers are frustrated that they have to enter the same information and upload the same documents over again when they submit their expense reports. The expense itemization for lodging is tedious. As an approver, Concur limits my ability to make corrections. I have to send the expense report back to the traveler with detailed instructions of which fields to change, or I need to send them the step-by-step instructions to add me as a delegate so I can make the corrections on their behalf. I wish approvers automatically had delegate authority so we could make the necessary changes, then route the revised expense report to the traveler to review.

Best for employee expenses

Pros

Easy to master and very easy to see and check the expenses of employees, especially if you do this in the AP department.

Cons

The only missing part of this product is lacking the reporting feature. Every reports need to be done manually.

Great expense management system

I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur. They also offer an app which I haven't tried yet but have heard all good things about it. The ease of training employees is also a nice benefit as it is a pretty user friendly system.

Pros

I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. You can set it for approval and review needed from their direct manager prior to the reimbursement being issued. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur.

Cons

I dislike that receipt management at the accounting review level is very limited but other than that, SAP Concur is a very user friendly system that makes it easy to train new employees to use the system.

Industry leader in employee expense report management

Employee satisfaction, Less work for accounts payables team.

Pros

The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) expense tracking and management tool delivers a comprehensive set of features, which is easy to use and saves time for both employees and accounts payables team. Concur has many user friendly features like the ability to email receipts and the receipts will be automatically available for the employee to submit. Concurs Optical character reading ability is decent. Concur...

Cons

There is lots of scope for improvement. The tool can be made more user friendly. The reporting aspect can be improved. To do somethings, it requires too many mouse clicks.

Best in industry that I've seen.

After implementing in 2014, I've had great experiences with Concur. The data entry, expense management, reporting, and user-feel has been fantastic.

Pros

The tool is so functional and simple to use. As an administrator of our expense solution I generally will tell our end users that if you think it can do something, it probably can! While the trick is figuring out the 'how', I tend to feel as though it is one of the most user-friendly systems available. Especially in the EMS world!

Cons

I honestly don't have much to knock about Concur Expense. Granted the 3rd party audit service is a bit of a burden at times, it seems that they have significant and regular turnover, that counts as an add-on in my opinion and shouldn't be held against the tool in general.

Concur - better than hard copy paper trail, but still room for user friendliness

7/10. I've not much experience with other platforms, so can't say I would trade it for another. But there is some work to be done with the usability of the desktop version.

Pros

The days of filling everything out hard copy, attaching hard copy receipts, submitting it by hand to accounting and then always wondering if you filled out everything correctly (to hopefully not bog down the turn time) while waiting for your reimbursement are now gone with the implementation of Concur in our workflow. The user will receive pings if the expense report is not filled out correctly and once submitted, there is no need to follow up as Concur will auto email you once each step of the process is approved and advanced.

Cons

The user friendliness of the desktop version still requires patience and learning curve (e.g. it is not obvious that you must attach a receipt image for each LINE ITEM of the expense report — I had to resubmit several forms early on because I was attaching all receipt to the report itself). I've heard that the mobile version is actually easier to use and can be used in real time during your work trip.

Stable, Efficient, Best for Big or Small Expenses and makes life easier

I had been working in an organization for a long time when we didnt had Concur implemented. All expenses were all over the place, accounting had no idea what was coming in and who was requesting what reimbursements and for what expenses. Ever since we implemented this software, its a breeze for us in accounting as well as other employees to get their reimbursements on time.

Pros

Very stable software from SAP works in the cloud so no local storage. Can be accessed from Any where which means you can upload your expenses with receipts from your home in no time Can be access from a phone app as wells as on web Being able to book and organize your flights to hotels to car rentals is the major advantage plus any corporate discounts we are privileged to have. No need to be calling travel agents. Great reminders for your trips so you are always on top of your schedule Easy payment request submissions Every expense is nicely organized easy and clean user interface which is a plus

Cons

Little pricey for a small enterprise but its worth it. Employees need to be trained.

Concur makes Expense Reports Better

Pros

The ExpenseIt app combined with the Concur app allow employess to take photos of their receipts (the QR scanner is over 80% accurate!), have their expense info auto-populated and easily transferred to an expense report all from your phone! This has been a gamechanger for our employees who work in the field/outside of the office. The software is also very accurate and within the first three months paid for itself by identifying expenses that were submitted multiple times for the same thing in different months.

Cons

Initial setup can be quite tricky and more time-consuming than the initial sales-pitch stated. We really don't like the billing structure, especially the fact that we get charged anytime an employee hits the submit button, even if we've instructed them not to. Also, the salespeople constantly pitch "free months" of service to try some of the additional products, but the "free" month always ends up being the implementation month, so you don't even have a chance to try the service during that time.

I love Concur!

Concur is the most straightforward expense software I have ever used. I have found that the expense system at most companies is extremely out of date and slow, leading to a huge backlog of unapproved expenses and angry team members. Concur is easy to use for both people who are submitting expenses and their managers who are approving said expenses. Highly recommend!

Pros

The Concur mobile app is really the big benefit here. The ability to take a photo of a receipt in-app and upload it at the same time is huge. It can be hard to keep track of receipts and remember what you need to submit, especially if you are working late hours or traveling for work a lot. Having the Concur mobile app makes it so that employees do not put off expense submissions for weeks and weeks and stay on top of their submissions.

Cons

Honestly, I did not have one problem with this software. I suppose having a functionality where you could give your approver a push notification if they had yet to approve your expense would be helpful, but my approvers always approved quickly so this was not an issue.

Concur is a good expense reporting system but it has potential to be much better

The software gives the company the ability to have electronic expense reports and receipts. This is a huge benefit.

Pros

I like the electronic approvals and electronic payments to employees. The software does a great job of keeping an audit history. It also has great reporting functions that give me insight on how my company is spending money.

Cons

Concur has improved very little in the 5 years I have been using it. There are many great suggestions on its support page that never get implemented. Concur does not send notification emails to accounting when reports are ready to be processed. Users are forced to check the site multiple times a day to see if there is an expense report ready for payment. A huge drawback.

Convenient expense tool

Pros

It itemizes all of your expenses by category to make it easier for Corporate Accounting to review. Just select an expense category, add your scanned receipts, and submit! It automatically converts foreign currency, and can be customized to company standards for daily allowances on lodging, meals, etc. It also has a nice feature for travel expenses (linked to Google Maps?) where it automatically calculates the distance you've driven and how much you will be reimbused if you're driving a personal vehicle. I've had my expense reports approved quickly due to Concur and my reimbursement amounts are simply added to my next paycheck.

Cons

It was difficult to navigate as a first time user. There are a lot of different categories and sub-categories for expense types so it can be a little time consuming to submit an expense report, but I don't know if there's any real way to make it easier. If you fill it out correctly, though, Corporate will approve your report quicker so you can get your reimbursment quicker.

Not what was described but useful in some aspects for invoice processing

It keeps all of our invoices in one place.

Pros

Concur keeps all of our invoices in one place and allows all of our teams to review them without the hassle of invoices getting lost in the abyss of never-ending emails. Allows for comments from each user which can be viewed by all who receive the inv. Inv PDF can be downloaded and replaced, Inv extract captures each invoice line in excel which is useful. Duplicate inv. feature works great when OCR gets inv number right. Ability to edit invoices is great and we can see who changed what and the date using the audit trail but we can't export or capture this info.

Cons

It takes a min of 2 days to get an inv into the system but often takes longer and has taken up to 8, system often duplicates invoices or does not ever show up even though we get confirmation so we can't have them sent directly to concur, OCR sftw is not good, requires manual review. PO's don't work if you have to revise them. PO import also doesn't fully work and retains old info after updated. Thus...

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc. But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical...

Pros

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have...

Once learned it is quite easy to use and streamlines the expense process.

Ease of submitting expense reports.

Pros

I like how it integrates things together so that it eliminates steps. Entering a receipt and attaching a photo of it is very easy. Also, expenses are all gathered in one spot and you can easily add them to an expense report at which point they disappear from expenses so that you don't double them up. Also, the app lets you know if you don't have all the required information for an expense. Coupled with the ExpenseIt app it's very easy to enter an expense just by taking a picture of your receipt. Expense reports are fairly easy to manage and submit. Most of the organizational and cost center information is already entered for you. Simple user interface on home page.

Cons

Takes a while to get used to the software and figure out how to enter items. Error correcting has sometimes proved to not be as easy as entering items. If your hotel has a different rate each night there is no way to itemize it that way. You end up having to average out the rate to make it work and if it ends up being an odd multiple you have to figure out a way to make up the difference. There haven't been enough categories for our department to categorize many of our expenses to.

You get what you pay for!

As a GovCon system's consultant, this is the expense/travel capturing solution I recommend to clients, that can afford it.

Pros

This is the top-shelf of expense/travel management software. It's easy for users. Administration isn't terribly difficult. Integration is possible depending on the accounting solution. It has a lot of reporting and analysis tools. It can save a lot of time for F&A staff if the software is setup correctly.

Cons

It's a bit on the expensive side. Customer service isn't always the most helpful, depending on who you get. The sales team can be a bit pushy and make promises their development team hasn't released yet. Not real cons to say about the actual system itself.

Not a huge fan - not user friendly

I only use it because I have to for work, otherwise I would not use this program.

Pros

I like that concur is a program that can track your personal and work expenses. You can link up a credit card, and once you charge an item it goes directly to Concur and whos up on a list for you to add to a current or future expense. I also like how Concur has a phone App to let you upload receipts on the go so you don't have to carry them around everywhere with you.

Cons

This program is not very user-friendly. It seems like it is an older progam that has been around for a while, so it works, but not as fast and easy as a more up to date program. This is the only expense program I have ever worked with, so I cannot say if it is better or worse than others. I have to use it for work, but I really wish my company would source a newer easier to use program. I have to...

SAP Concur review

Concur helped me consolidate all my work expenses and get them paid by the accounting team. But all in all I was happy when we switched to the new software which as I mention above was much more efficient overall. In saying that I wouldn't say DONT use this software; I would simply say do your research for your needs first.

Pros

I used this software for the better part of a decade. My company at the time in essence told us this is how you do your expenses to allow all T&E to be paid. It was a semi simply process at first as the flow of completing each expense line item was fairly straightforward.

Cons

The "but" to my above comments is: as your account base grows and the number of expenses grows across the board, I found the whole process to become time consuming and tedious. As an organization we moved to a different service and I was amazed how simply it was in comparison. The entire workflow was so much quicker and turned a lengthy process into a quick one. What Concur offers does work, don't get me wrong, but I think personally it could be much more streamlined a process.

Great Expense and Travel Management

This has been a dream for dealing with expenses, invoicing and especially travel. All the transactions are readily available when needed, especially when the auditors come in at the year end (very stressful time with month end to contend with). Approval for the above is pretty straight forward too. Something needs to be done with the speed of the interface, and l think SAP has been addressing this issue

Pros

Take pictures of expenses for submission electronically and approval for payment. Help to connect the different partners of the expenses ecosystem. It also adds visibility to all transactions. Invoice management was improved in 2020, so no more manual intervention, Hooray!! Easy to track all business travel receipts with the help of the app. Works with the smartphone and desktop. Calculating mileage is a useful feature as well as the paired OCR that can autofill expenses from receipts

Cons

Interfacing is slow Tends to be expensive Difficult in dealing with tips for taxis, as dates for the tips are shown as the next day's date.

Travel and Expense made easy

I haven't had to utilize the software to book flights or rental cars yet, but it seems like it would be easy to use this functionality. The Expense section is very easy and walks you through the process. You do not have to do any manual calculations. In the past I have easily uploaded receipts that were covered as well and this is a fast and painless process as well. Overall, my experience with Concur Expense has been positive.

Pros

The software is user friendly, it walks you step by step through the process of entering your trip dates and destinations and quickly calculates your per diem. On the home page there is a nice Travel Alerts section that informs you of important information like if you corporate credit card is about to expire, or if you haven't set up e-receipts, etc. The Travel Tools are very useful and provide easy links to Maps, weather and other helpful information.

Cons

I wasn't able to find old trip information from over 4 years ago, but I am unsure if this is because the software didn't retain the information or if our company policy is to not retain the information that is that old.

Concur Review

Pretty decent. I don't adore the software by any means, but it gets the job done and that's what we're really here for, right? They have great customer service which is always a plus.

Pros

I like this system because it does have so many different capabilities and it's a good place to go for both expense reporting and booking travel. My company uses it daily to track our expenses and book travel for our vendors. There are a lot of great things about it and the system seems pretty thorough, but once I started using the SAP Concur mobile app, I never wanted to use the webpage again. The app made it so easy to track expenses, truly a game changer.

Cons

This software sometimes seems outdated. Like they have not given it the updates it needs to look and feel like a next-gen software that I want to keep on using. There are some times that it glitches (when logging the details of my expenses or booking travel and the seating chart won't pop up).

User friendly, unmatched innovation, the only software that works seamlessly with all company sizes.

Pros

The mobile app, e-receipts (no longer have to take a picture of a receipt for anything travel related), just sent directly from the vendor to my profile. 24/7 customer service, connects directly with our ERP, a consultant to walk you through setup and configure the solution to your processes. Negotiated travel rates that you can't find online. Concur also process vendor invoices.

Cons

The procurement piece of the invoice tool is a little light, but is definitely sufficient for creating purchase requests / purchase orders. It also has the ability to match PO's, Invoices, & Receipt data. Overall the invoice process is great.

The Best Expense/Accounts Payable Tool Out There

We have been using Concur now for a couple years and it has cut back the time and cost of doing accounts payable in half at least. We really like Concur and we plan to keep using this software in the future.

Pros

The product is very easy to learn and easy to teach to employees. It takes care of all of our accounts payable needs including invoices and expenses reports submitted by employees. We also have the Concur travel application and our sales team is very happy with this. Easy to book travel and find good deals.

Cons

I wish there were some more standard accounting reports included, but if you need a specific report Concur can usually customize one for you.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.