All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SAP Concur Reviews

1,349 reviews

Reliable Travel Management Software

My overall experience with SAP Concur has been a positive one. Since we have a business administrator who knows the system, they are able to input everything needed and my role is reviewing, attaching required documentation, and sending for approval.

Pros

Utilizing this for travel management, this software is an "all in one" system for our company. From the very start with your request, it has multiple approval steps you can add, along with being able to attach receipts and documentation to every request. You can also find travel arrangements through the software which is handy so everything is in one place.

Cons

The only thing that's a little challenging is that it is a super robust system, which means training and learning everything it can do takes some time. Having a business administrator who's proficient is the best option. There's many steps that have to be set up in the beginning, and a lot of confusing areas. As long as you receive extensive training on the system and company expectations, it will work great.

Significantly Reduced Company's Risks

Overall, the system is great for what we wanted to do (made the whole payments process more streamlined, reduces risks, provides audit trail, etc.) and at a great price point with great support!

Pros

Relatively simple to set-up (incl. expense accounts, users, ACH, etc.). The implementation team on SAP Concur was great and made sure we have the functions we need and provided guidance/training to make sure we know how the system works. Excel integration to our accounting platform, Xero, is relatively easy to manage/process. I haven't looked into the XERO-SAP Connector app, but will do so in the...

Cons

The application does not allow payments in foreign currency. I was directed to their partner, PaymentsHub, for this, but as of now, I'm still trying to get that system set-up because of issues with the bank.

Ridiculously Easy to Use

Since this was a cloud based service, it was great being able to start an expense report on my phone, and then finish entering it on my desktop. Concur was easy to use, competitively priced, and robust enough to handle most expensing situations.

Pros

I used to enter several dozen expense reports per day, and went through 3-different expense software platforms over 4-years, and Concur was by far the best option. Concur was easy to use, and made even the trickiest of expense reports a breeze to enter.

Cons

From the perspective of the user, there really wasn't much to complain about this software. It did everything I wanted, and never gave me any problems.

Not Really Automated AP

Horrible. We told the product would work for our needs and we specifically asked prior to using the product that terms discounts would be easily handled. That was a complete lie. We specifically asked if it could handle multiple discounts for one vendor as we have several terms for just one vendor depending on the purchase. We were told it could handle multiple terms, which in fact it can not. It does not even calculate terms. We asked a lot of questions and our concerns were met with positivity that the product would work for our needs. Not so much. This is a huge deal breaker.

Pros

Implementation was helpful and support was good, but the fixes from support were typically, "oh you will have to use this work around", or "no we can handle that".

Cons

Too many limitations and the work arounds make it not an "automated AP processing". Has several limitation when it comes to the following items: Terms discounts, can not compute. Limit in invoice number extraction = 11 so we have several invoices where the invoice number was short by at least 1 digit and that is a problem when it comes to paying those vendors outside of Concur., since the vendor...

Entering Expenses Made Easy

Easy entry and management of receipts for travel reimbursement.

Pros

It's easy to use and customizable in that you can add so many different codes/categories for expenses, as well as departments. I only used this software to submit expense reports but I could see how valuable it is for our accounting department. To my knowledge, my old company used it for years with no complaints. Attaching receipts is also quite easy

Cons

I wish there was an option to print a report from my iPhone. As far as I can tell, this can only be done via a computer. Also, there was a lag in the mobile app when I upgraded to a new smart phone.

Concur - great and improving expense management software

I have used Concur at various positions for 10 years. For those of us that remember taping receipts to letter paper, copying it (no way can you use the auto-feeder without a jam) and submitting it with the most tortuous user-unfriendly spreadsheet that accounting could think up, Concur is the answer to our foxhole prayers. What used to take hours can take only a few minutes, other than the inevitable missing receipt (which is our fault, not the programs.)

Pros

Multiple platforms can be used - allowing the diligent to capture photos on their phones right when generated - at the airport Starbucks, for instance.

Cons

The ideal platform is a tablet - it can take pictures and you quickly pull it out and work while waiting to board, etc., but I experienced a showstopping bug that required me to use my PC to finish reports. The bug was that the city lists and currency lists were invisible on the iPAD. Never figured out why; too late now as no longer with that company.

Robust and versatile T&E software.

Pros

Concur is a powerful T&E management software that can handle domestic and international companies. There are abundant amount of features and add-ons depending on the needs. Has the capability to sync with all major accounting software which automates the recording of T&E Expenses. Fairly easy to use once the correct setting are in place. The available Concur app is great for users on the go.

Cons

As a user, Concur is a great software but as an Admin, it is a different story. Since there are many features, there are tons setting that need to be understood to modify Concur.

Great Software - professional services lags behind

Overall great software for Travel and expense

Pros

Impactful for large enterprises to get everyone on one platform. It pays for itself though it looks pricey. Ability to tap into huge ecosystem, product keeps maturing.

Cons

professional services lacks the maturity and knowledge to get benefit out of the implementation. SAP integration is still painful Reporting is still on legacy cognos product. Yet to move into HANA for the backend - sometimes it can be slow. Lots of outages on platform. Come down a built in last 405 months due to upgrades.

Comprehensive

Again, it can be complicated and confusing at times but for the most part, it is a great piece of software for tracking and submitting expense reports. You just have to get use to where to go look for next steps sometimes.

Pros

use this software to track and submit expenses. Also use it to submit expenses for candidates' travel. It is a very comprehensive program with all the bells and whistles so you don't miss a beat when doing expense reports. It lets you know when you've omitted something or missed a step and it does a great job of consolidating everything to be submitted. I like that you can make plane and hotel reservations through the system.

Cons

This is not easy software to learn. It took awhile. It's so comprehensive and even after you've been trained on it, you have to search for some things like how do I attach receipts and it can be confusing when you try to submit your report to your A/P department for reimbursement.

Never the highlight of my day

Pros

There's a reason everyone at work puts off their expense reports, and I can't help but suspect this software has something to do with that. But more on the con's later. The pro's are there too. I haven't had extensive experience with other expensing software, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But I am grateful Concur is a web-based solution (fairly forward thinking compared with some of our other finance processes!) And the idea is solid. Track where the money went, keep budgets updated, and enforce accountability across all teams. I'm on board with the idea, it's just the execution that feels like it leaves something to be desired.

Cons

I can never quite put my finger on what exactly Concur gets wrong with its interface, but there's a definite gap somewhere. In general, I always find myself making more clicks than I really should need to make. Pop-ups and menus all over the place that I wish were more seamlessly integrated. Design flaws here and there just make things take longer than they should. It's never the highlight of my day having to go do my expense reports. But how much of that is the work of expensing and how much is software issues? Let's just say neither are pleasant.

Right & Good tool for Employees to file Expense Reports!!

Overall my experience has been pretty good. I really like the application and will continue to use it and would definitely recommend it to others.

Pros

I have used this tools several times for business trips. This is a very good software to reserve hotels, rental cars or flights at a negotiated rate/price. It also allows you to submit receipts for the same including mileage, food expenses and other business expenses incurred during a trip. This tool also allows to expense food bills when multiple employees are part of a meal. The tools also keeps you in check to follow set company policies. Once the expense report is prepared it goes through an approval process before being closed out. This software can be used on laptop/desktop and an app is also available for phones.

Cons

It would be preferable if there can be improvements made to review previous reports in a easier method. Also if uploading of receipts (some receipts need to be scanned manually) can be made easier that would expedite the filing of the expense reports.

Ease of Reimbursement with Concur

SAP has now evolved from the boring and not so user friendly, to this web-based and mobile-based app which is in fact evolved like a 21st century application. Workflow and user experience is really pleasant, so I can say that SAP Concur delivered its promise.

Pros

All the necessities of reimbursement have been simplified by SAP Concur. As I am a regular user, my concern is in fact how to reimburse all my business travel expenses easily and conveniently. This is where SAP Concur became handy. With its mobile app, I just need to snap a picture of the receipts, file it individually, and submit. After some time, my manager will get notified and he will approve as soon as he can. Then, the backoffice will process my reimbursement in no time. I like the feature of multicurrency reimbursement and its integration with our airline ticket booking system, where I can book my flight inside Concur. Overall, I am very satisfied with Concur, both with usability and user friendliness.

Cons

I believe from what I heard, since it's SAP, the price is way higher than that of its competitors like Quickbooks or Xero. However, since it's SAP, I think the premium is justifiable. Other than that, as a regular users, I don't have any entry for CONS.

Good expense reporting product

Pros

It has features in place such as Concur Detect to help administrators prevent fraudulent activity and duplicate transactions. Also they have a service administration to assist with configuration changes. You can also have yoyr users to book travel arrangements through the system as well. You receive daily reports of who is traveling and where they are goinf should something happen

Cons

The frequent outages that occur that prevent users from submitting reports and/or booking travel.

Concur makes getting your money back easier.

Overall, I thought that Concur Expense, while sometimes annoying on the user side also solves a number of problems for businesses. It reduces the workload on the accounting department and increases accountability by the purchasing party to hold onto their receipts and to keep track of the purpose of their purchases. I also think that the automatic generation of expense reports speeds up the reporting process and saves time.

Pros

I liked that Concur made it relatively easy to upload receipts, which is important from the user perspective. The user is able to upload receipts using their phone camera, which simplifies the uploading process. I liked that my account was automatically linked to my company credit card.

Cons

I thought that Concur needed extra support with integration, as there were often problems when using 3rd party services (quickbooks, tripit). I also thought that it took too much effort to perform certain actions because of the amount of clicking that needed to be done. In some areas, too much detail is required (too much information needed) which made it annoying when expensing a number of small items.

Concur is mostly loved by our users but it is occasionally challenging to administer

Concur is heavily used in our organization, primarily for travel reimbursement and purchasing card (P-card) reconciliation. Overall, the users are quite satisfied with it. However, its disjointed configuration makes administration more difficult than it should be and data can be difficult to integrate with other existing systems.

Pros

Service and support is usually fast and thorough. There are tons of options for configuration (if you know how).

Cons

Integrations can be difficult due to lacking APIs. It is quite difficult to manage a large traveler base that does not have access to the system (supported visitors). Reporting is outdated and not user-friendly (a new reporting system is on the way). Services go down more than you would expect or want.

Concur

Overall I love Concur, It makes everything easier and I know our AP department loves it also.

Pros

With concur I can take a picture of a receipt with my phone and submit my expense tespotbright from my phone, it last very easy to use. Keeps your history, let you know when your expenses were approved, and because I can immediately upload my receipts by taking a photo I no longer have to try to keep up with all the paper receipts, or also calculates mileage for you when you enter the to & from address. Since we have been using concur I receive my expense checks quicker and no longer have to keep folders with receipt copies. This has been wonderful

Cons

I don’t really have any drawback. My only issue would be for some reason my account is linked to some old expenses from 2013 prior to me being with the company and I have not figured out how to get them off.

Depends what device it's used on

I think the app is great, but i think they need to redo the online version to mirror the app

Pros

I really like using SAP Concur on my mobile phone app. It is easy to organize receipts, reports, travel, and expenses.

Cons

I do not like the online/computer version of Concur. It is not user friendly, it appears messy and confusing to operate. It's a very different display than the app

SAP Concur Expense reporting system

Overall it is a good corporate expense reporting system. You can access all the company charge codes, approvers and add delegates. The printing features really gives a clear and concise export of the entire expense report with all the details

Pros

Very good system to do expense reports with many details that you can pick from, but also add on your own like meals, hotel and car service details I also like the fact that you can use multiple currencies for each type of expense. You can also change the daily hotel rate, as some rates go up and down per day.

Cons

The system can be a little intimidating and sometimes the help boxes are not intuitive Also if you make a mistake, at times once can struggle to figure out what went wrong and how to correct to move on to the "submit for approval" process

SAP Concur - Great for Trips and Expenses

Overall really liked it, particularly for the travel booking function. When paired with a great travel agency and not too crazy expense rules, its a breeze to use, even when you are in a pinch.

Pros

The integrated trip search capabilities made planning and booking a trip a breeze. Expenses are also very easy to upload and track for all of your trips. The software isn't confusing to use which is great, especially when you have to classify lots of different expenses. I actually think my company's rules of expenses at the time made the process more difficult (clearly not Concur's fault!). The Concur mobile app is also just as easy and straight forward to use. Used the mobile app for about 75% of everything I did in Concur.

Cons

There were some disconnects between the Concur App and using Concur on a computer. I found doing my expenses which included needing to upload receipts, was much easier to do on the App than on a computer. I also could never figure out why I could not select certain options to finalize my expense report on the App, but could while online. For example, I would use the App to do all my expenses, but then go on my computer in order to finalize and submit my expense report.

Decent, but don't want to change it up though

Pros

The tool is easy for users to use and it's straight forward. Most questions can be answered on the users own even if they're only a little savvy with tech tools. Admins that are above the standard platform will need to KNOW how the tool works.

Cons

Terrible support and setup of this tool. Depending on the company size, you may need to dedicate a person to admin this tool. I feel like we're under utilizing some of the features it comes with, but that's because we don't have a dedicated person who knows Concur yet.

Quickly submit and manage expense claims

I use SAP Concur to submit expense claims when travelling on business away from my main place of work.

Pros

Very simple method to manage company expenses. Compose individual expenses and group into larger trip claim requests. Camera option to record receipts. Review requests and track line manager approval status.

Cons

Can be quite a lot of fields to complete for smaller claims, though this may be employer setup. Option to create empty trips to add expenses incrementally would be welcome.

Easy to use, multi functionality

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to switch between app and desktop software. I'm an AA and I process expense reports and book travel. My bosses easily upload receipts, images and transactions on the app and I can access them instantly on my desktop. Processing and itemizing transactions is simple. Distinguishing between personal expenses and business is easy. Very user friendly and a quick learn.

Cons

Sometimes the app is slow or images don't show.

Concur

We recently had to update concur from our old accounting system to Quickbooks. We had a great team from Concur to help with that.

Pros

Concur is easy to use. It's easy to track receipts and other expenses. I am able to process expense reports much faster. It integrates directly with Quickbooks and makes processing payments a breeze.

Cons

It takes a while to get all of the users integrated into Concur so they are able to input their expenses, but once they are in, it's easy.

Concur Expense Reporting

Pros

This tool is amazing for capturing credit card transactions. It easily imports each visa transaction into the system. Then employees link their receipts (which are easily captured through an app or an email into the system) to each transaction, code and submit. It allows employees to manage their own transactions, code their expenses to the appropriate category, and submit for their supervisor to review their transactions. It then automatically pays all reports that were submitted upon accounting's final review.

Cons

Some charges (such as late fees) are initially hidden by the system and they have to manually be activated to make it to an employees account. It is also a little more challenging to track timeliness of report processing without doing quite a bit of manual research. Otherwise it's a great system!

Concur -Travel and expenses, a mobile, dynamic experience benefits users, management, and adminstrators

Pros

Considering mobile workforces who travel to customer sites, trainings, partner events, and tradeshows, the ability to not only budget, but manage expenses is essential. The easy, real-time expense update features such as taking a photo of a receipt and creating an expense, and mapping technologies to track mileage are a benefit to users in drastically reducing data entry, and increase accuracy, which...

Cons

As a trial member, we have not fully deployed an enterprise level solution, but the API- connectors and overall feedback suggests ease of integration. At some point, future versions of these solutions will probably be chat-bot enabled for even faster inputs.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.