All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SAP Concur Reviews

1,349 reviews

Concur has the potential to be a great product, thus far, it has fell short of my expectations

Everything is in one place. Accounts payable, expense reporting, Travel booking and now Purchase Requisitions. People are used to the interface.

Pros

I find that Concur is fairly customizable and has many modules which can touch many points of our business. We use Expense, Invoicing, the travel booking program, and am implementing PO's now.

Cons

Hard to describe what I like least because there are so many things, compared to other programs, that I dislike. Though I am super disappointed after one year, with the Travel implementation, I think overall, what I am most disappointed with is the inability for Concur to know their own product enough to be able to support it. I say this because it's taken me about 6 months of prodding and research...

Good enough

This solution does not "wow" me, nor does it cause me pain. It is good enough for what I need it to do. The product is solid and has been around a while. I have never experience downtime; so it appears that their infrastructure is strong.

Pros

It is a fairly intuitive user interface that walks the user through the process of submitting an expense. I like that I can start an expense report and come back to it a month later to add additional expenses. That way I can collect 2 or 3 of the same type of monthly expense for submitting so that my accounting team only has to process it ever 2 or 3 months, saving them time.

Cons

It does not integrate directly with our accounting software, and the intermediary connector recommended by Concur is very brittle and breaks with every upgrade, no matter how proactive we try to be.

Excellent Expense Software

We use it at work daily and it's a great place to keep all invoices. I just wished it can easily be matched or grouped to final products for reference.

Pros

Used it several times and it was so simple to use and have everything available to you on your fingertips for approval. You can edit and keep track of informatio.

Cons

No invoice tracking, difficult to match invoices with purchase orders. A lot of improvements can be made to the product. It is a resourceful software, just needs more.

Great Expense Software with ALOT of funcionality

This has truly been a lifesaver with regards to accounting for everything we are paying out as well as monitoring things that shouldn't be expensed. This was a game changer.

Pros

This really makes keeping employees expenses together, especially when you have a large population that travels. The reporting is great, integration with company credit cards, the system will create an expense report for you according to some rules you set up. Works great and has made expense reporting much easier to where I am not losing money now since I report everything easily.

Cons

The hotel and travel portfolio can take some time to get use to. This system has so much functionality that it does take some work at learning it all and for a minimal user it can be overwhelming. There are tools to help everyone.

Concur makes for a simple, hassle free way, to keep track of your expenses

Overall, Concur makes submitting expenses pretty simple if you know what you're doing. Keeping physical receipts is always a pain so the ability to just take pictures makes things so much easier. Mobile app is great.

Pros

Recently I've noticed that it will automatically capture receipts from any digital purchases such as Uber, Lyft, Hotel rooms, etc. Makes it easy to keep track of those if you need to submit receipts. With the mobile app you can easily take pictures of receipts as well to load into your expenses. Just one thing that makes submitting your expenses hassle free.

Cons

It can be a little bit confusing for first time users so I would suggest some training or looking up some training online if you are not very tech savvy. If you don't travel a lot, or for the first time, you'll probably need someone to help you with it at first.

Concur makes booking and expensing business trips a breeze

Concur provides a well-rounded platform for booking and expensing travel.

Pros

Initially we just used Concur for the expensing portion, then added the ability to book travel. Having everything under one SaaS platform makes it a smoother process. Booking travel is easy with the ability to select flights, hotels, cars for your trip. Concur allows admins to set thresholds and policies so it's easy to tell when you've exceeded a monetary limit or booked a non-approved property. Expenses are similarly straightforward. Most of the time I will scan the receipt using my mobile phone and most of the details get automatically filled in. There are multiple views for the report and it's easy to see how much you've spent in each category.

Cons

Not really a con but I'm a fan of the way TripActions provides benefits such as Amazon GCs to nudge employees to save money. Concur provides similar data but without any employee benefits. Sometimes the company preferred hotel was MUCH more expensive than other hotels. This didn't make too much sense. While the mobile app works will most of the time, occasionally it will fail to scan a receipt properly.

Top Notch Travel and Expense Tracking Service

Pros

Concur is one of the most effective tools that I have had the privilege of using in the past few years! It works well with helping me keep my busy life in order by showing me all of my upcoming trips and expenses in one place and is really easy to export notes and other data.

Cons

There are really no cons to the company that will actually use concur across the board. My company does not, so I am fairly limited on what we get to use.

Fast and user friendly

It was wonderful! I liked using it everyday! It saved all of my information for me so I would just copy becasue I drove the same route everytime! It did the math for me so I knew what to expect on my check! It was awesome

Pros

It does the work for you! I used this product daily when I got paid for mileage I drove. it would put the address in for you. It saves your last input so if you travel same route you can just copy from last route! Simple and user friendly! It adds up total mileage and pay for you! Does the math instantly for you too see right then!

Cons

Nothing, it was simple and easy to use daily

Feedback From An Administrator and Trainer

I've been an Admin/Trainer for Concur since 2005. We've been through a lot of changes together and three different companies who all had a different style of usage for Concur. The one constant issue in 11 years has been imaging. I'm not sure why there are still issues so many years later. Having moved from Excel based expense reports to Concur paperless has been the best move ever. Having the retention right at your finger tips for audits is priceless in its self. With employees have 24 mobile or lap top access has enabled employees around the world to file expenses in a timely manner, no excuses.

Pros

Paperless, pretty user friendly. ExpenseIt

Cons

The imaging and how often it goes down or slows up. I get a LOT of calls on this. I wish it were more adaptable to project billables for your clients that bill their clients. It's hard to pull this information out of Concur easily. Would love to be able to select project reimbursable in images rather than have to print the entire receipt images or hunt and peck. Time consuming

Good for larger companies that have major expense tracking

Set up was lengthy, but customer support was very good. In the end it was not worth the expense. The syncing process did not save us any time, so it ended up not being worth it to keep the product.

Pros

We liked the transparency this program provided to us in being able to see where invoices were in the review process between departments. It gave us good reporting and control over the invoice approval process.

Cons

It is expensive for a small business, and syncing the program with our accounting system was a cumbersome process, both in the initial set up and each time that we had to sync to transfer data.

One go Expense Manager

Pros

In the tool we can create expenses, attach receipts, can get the entire audit trail, approval flows, can modify claims. Can track each and every activity at any given point of time. Duo Duplicate entry being allowed against single claims .

Cons

Not many features are available, cant add new expense category on our own, Only way to login is SSO, direct login doesn't work, takes time to load pages. can only use inbuilt features and cant add anything new. So many inputs to be entered for repetitive tasks, there must be able to create smae task for multiple dates to simplify the ease of use.

Easy on the road expense reporting

When I take the time to send my receipt emails to concur and to snap photos of my paper receipts, expense report completion is greatly simplified. Approval workflows allow me to get reimbursed quicker.

Pros

Submitting receipt images on the fly while travelling makes expense report completion a breeze, mobile app does what I need it to do on the road, desktop interface is easy to search for past reports, approvals are easy, authorized emails makes it easy to forward receipt emails to the system.

Cons

Most of my dislikes are related to the specific configuration my company uses. Completing itemized hotel expenses is tedious and also tricky if your rate changes during the stay. The extra fields my company requires have to be manually set for each itemization - there's no way I've discovered to have the itemization inherit the main expense's settings (project codes, etc).

Streamline & easy!

I have loved how it helps with making expense reports in real time. For example, if attending a conference, you can just keep a running report of every expense as it occurs. Snap a photo & add it to the report. Gone are the days of having to keep all the receipts and then finding the paper form at work later, Writing everything down & submitting all receipts. Also, approval & payment is streamlined and can happen faster!

Pros

I absolutely love how the expense report & paying goes paperless with this. It streamlines the process so reports get sent immediately the proper person for approval. You receive email alerts as it goes through the channels of approval, all the way to payment for reimbursements.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to know what to enter where, but that is likely not a Concur problem. As a user, knowing the difference between an expense & report could be an issue.

Effective

Overall, I'm so glad we switched over to this product. I used to dread expense reports so much because they were such a hassle, but this makes it a lot easier and is more efficient.

Pros

This platform is much easier to use than others I've worked with. The fact that transactions from your company credit card automatically load into this makes doing expense reports much less painful.

Cons

There's still some coding in there that I don't understand or fully know what to do with, but I just stick to the ones I do know, and that works for me. I also with it didn't save transactions that were refunds. It still makes you add refunds or over 60 day old transactions to your report.

SAP Concur

We had a huge issue with some of our employees not being able to create and submit reports for hours. They started to give up and we were months behind in our expense reports. It took me nearly a year of working with Concur to finally learn that our best bet was to pay for a full company upgrade. The system has worked well since then, but it was an expensive product before the upgrade...

Pros

As an administrator, I appreciate the ability to proxy in to the employee's page to help them resolve issues. It is very helpful to look at the exact problem they are having and work with them to fix the issue.

Cons

We had to do an upgrade to the product and the Administrator fields are quite different and I was locked out of administration that I previously had access to. I had to take additional training to gain these accesses back.

Great Tool for Travel Expense Management

Our company uses Concur to manage, approve and track travel expenses. Since we started using Concur, we've been able to institute better controls and approvals processes. Expenses are better tracked and the documentation is clean and clear, and easy to research if a question arises during year end auditing. Concur has made it easy to keep better track of expenses and organize the documentation.

Pros

It's a powerful tool to allow the Finance department to track and match travel expenses by employee. It allows for controls and approvals for all expenses, so we have a very clear record for audit purposes. Receipts are attached and tracked. Everything is fully documented and the Finance team is very happy with Concur as a tool for this purpose.

Cons

Training new employees to use the software takes some time and there's a learning curve to bring them up to speed. This is due to the robustness of the program and the way we've integrated it with our other accounting software.

Easy to use expense and reservation package.

We have used this program for years an are very happy with it's stability and functionality.

Pros

This package is easy to use and works well for companies with remotely located employees. Booking travel and submitting expenses is simple and the apps make it even more functional.

Cons

This program works well, but importing receipts can be slow and the App can struggle at times if no internet access is available.

Great to track expenses and not save receipts

This is a great product when I expense report for 5 people. I can keep everything organized without using paper files.

Pros

This software allows you to attach receipts so that you don't have to save them in a file drawer. You can always go back and look at previous expense reports.

Cons

It can be a little complicated when itemizing expenses but it just takes some training and practice to use that feature effectively

Review of Concur

I find using Concur in my job to be very helpful. It helps contribute to a paperless environment, and is helpful with keeping track of payments made and payments pending. Overall it has helped keep our office organized.

Pros

Our company uses Concur to set up payments to vendors. It is easy to use, and it helps with going paperless. You upload your invoices into Concur and set up payments. I find it is easier to scan/upload invoices as you receive them, one at a time; otherwise it can be a little overwhelming if you scan and upload many invoices all at once. Easy to keep track of payments made, and payments pending.

Cons

Trying to locate saved vendors can be a little tricky at times. You have to enter the EXACT name of the vendor in order for the system to locate it.

Concur Expense Makes Doing Expense Reports A Less Difficult Chore

I have been using Concur expense as my primary expense reporting solution for the last 9 years. It has steadily improved over the time I have been using it. The biggest "game changer" came with the introduction of the mobile app. It allows the entering of expenses on the go, which is when you're most likely to think about entering them. The biggest challenge of doing expense reports is just importing the expenses into the app, and this helps greatly with that. I can't imagine doing expense reports could really get better than using Concur Expense.

Pros

I love the fact that they offer a mobile version of Concur Expense. I use it to take a picture of my receipt after dining or getting gasoline and the receipt is automatically added to my expense report. This allws me to enter my expenses when I am thinking about them and when I have the receipt in my hand, rather than later when I have forgotten about them or I have possibly misplaced the receipt.

Cons

The web version of the application can feel a little slow sometimes. When navigating in the fields and selecting expense report allocations each menu takes a few seconds to load. It is just not as responsive a web application as I am used to from other vendors.

ConCur review

Concur is a awesome tool do electronically submit your expense report that you connect you credit card to simply and improve the reporting process and they also go digitaly to the approver a very expedited system.

Pros

This tool is a great tool for expense reporting, and keeping all your expenses in one location as when you make a purchase when you are traveling you can make a photo of the receipt and it is kept in the app until you add your expense to a report that is ready to submit. Very well organized tool for expense reporting and also to be able to link your credit card to the App and all expenses automatically export to concur.

Cons

I can not share a con as the App provides me with everything that I need to fulfill a expense report with out a paper trailer.

Easy to Use

Pros

The first time I started using Concur Expense, it did not take me too long to learn how to use it. It's easy to learn and simple to use.

Cons

I will have to say that when submitting a flight through Concur, it will ask you over 4 times to confirm if you would like to book your flight or hotel, etc. It can get a bit tedious during the process as you already have to fill out a lot of information to begin with.

Mature tracking system with lots of options

It's a really great tool if you are a big or small company and want an easy way to manage expenses.

Pros

The ability to use Concur on the go for all your expense needs is really handy. I've used Concur for the last 8 years as both a user and administrator and I find it extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. You can also customize different options depending on the business unit you support. For example, if you want to put in different expense restrictions for sales teams versus HR teams, you can easily do so. It's great to use on the phone as you are able to take pictures quickly and expense on the go!

Cons

When we were negotiating contracts, it was a bit of a mystery to nail down final cost. That being said, the cost is fair once finalized.

Average Expense System

Overall, I rate my experience as average. Although it was far more expeditious than the previous expense software that I have used, I still view it as an average expensing program. Please keep in mind, I was only a user not and administrator or implementer so I have no context as to the sophistication on the backend. From a user's standpoint I think it provides the essential services/functions that you need from an expense software.

Pros

Concur offers an application that is pretty straight forward and easy to use. I think the most convenient feature is the receipt databasing piece. I can take a photo of my receipt code and file it right away. The previous software that I used required a user to wait for the final charge to appear on your corporate expense account (credit card) and then it would allow you to code and submit the expense. As a result, you would need to hang on to a receipt (s), sometimes for a few days and then code and submit it. However with Concur's photo receipt function you can take a picture and toss that receipt right away.

Cons

I struggled with the travel booking functionality. Although the concept, to have travel and expenses in one place, is excellent I believe it came with a cost. We had the functional ability to book travel via the app but still used outside sources because we seemed to get better rates and I believe the app did not always show all available options. To be fair, some of that might have been mitigated by our own internal processes in which we inhibited our ability to optimize this feature, more so than the functionality itself not existing.

Awesome for any work related expensing

Pros

Concur is great for creating an expense report for an entire business trip or just submitting small, individual expenses you've incurred that you need to be reimbursed for. As someone who has to travel internationally, I love how I can put the amount I spent in a foreign currency and Concur will automatically pull in the exchange rate and show what my USD reimbursement amount should be. The app is also a great feature because it makes it incredibly easy to upload receipts to your Concur account, making the expense process that much easier. Lastly, I love how you're able to book travel in the program, it's like an all-in-one software you can use for any travel/expense related work events.

Cons

My only complaint is when you first begin using Concur it's not the most user friendly. They could definitely clean up their pages and reduce alot of the steps when submitting expenses. However, once you've submitted a report or two you get the hang of it. I also wish you could submit more than one receipt for one event. For example, I've had multiple receipts for "breakfast" or "lunch" because I might've grabbed something small and then grabbed another meal to get, but you can't put both receipts on what you enter as "lunch" for one day.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.