All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SAP Concur Reviews

1,349 reviews

Perfect for our busy office

It is very good, and easy to use. We have a staff that travels heavily.

Pros

Ease of use, and so many functions. Love being able to book airfare, hotel and car all in a one stop shop.

Cons

Would be nice if the itinerary of the plane flight booking would move over to the expense part of the site. Kind of pain printing and scanning to attach to expense.

Handy for Expenses

Overall, it does everything we need it to. Individual employees can each add in their expenses, making it easier for the consent as a whole to keep track of everything. It takes a while to get used to, but does a good job of keeping everything organized in a way that's easy to manage.

Pros

Concur is a pretty good product for keeping up with expense reports. It's fairly intuitive, and not too difficult to use once you start getting it figured out. It has everything I need to keep up with day to day expenses. They have a pretty good technical support team as well.

Cons

It wasn't easy to integrate. We had some issues in the beginning in trying to get accounts set up for thur people submitting expenses, but the technical support team was fast to get things fixed for us. Once we got the hang of it, we had fewer issues. It isn't incredibly user friendly, though.

I have used Concur for several years -- many improvements are obvious, but still some glitches.

Time-saving software with on-the-fly mobile applications. You can easily photograph and enter receipts to your expense account, along with transactional type.

Pros

I like the interoperability with mobile apps, in particular, "ExpenseIt" as it makes it quick and easy to enter receipts on the fly. Additionally, the PC software can import PDF documents as receipts, which is extremely convenient.

Cons

Though the software has improved, the importing of credit card transactions are often associated with the wrong account; for instance, a charge for hotel will be downloaded and it is coded "Taxi" or a transaction for a rental car will be coded "Airfare". There is no explanation that I could find how to correct that.

I LOVE THIS SYSTEM!

Pros

We recently started using Concur at work and I organically became the trainer for Concur and our new hires because I just loved using it so much. It's so intuitive and the app is great. I think all companies should use Concur.

Cons

The only issue I really have with Concur is that the options that show up when you're creating a new expense on the website are not the same as on the app. The app is missing the ability to choose your payment source so despite having the awesome camera feature which will attach a receipt to your account, it is still best to create your expenses on the website to ensure you can fill everything out correctly.

Extremely User Friendly

Pros

The ability to screenshot expenses in real time and the connection of the software to online banking. This makes and duplicate expenses very rare, which makes auditing these reports much simpler for financial teams, accountants, and the employee expensing items as well. Screenshots of receipts is a game changer. Also the ability to add and save the contact information for clients and coworkers that an expense is used for is a huge time saver overall.

Cons

Sometimes it seemed there were some duplication of banking information and if an item was refunded later, it was not necessarily caught unless the person expensing it recalls that occurrence.

Concur Mobile--the way to go

Pros

Concur allows me to seamlessly add business expenses to be refunded, review/approve/deny employee expenses and reconcile expenses. My favorite part is the mobile version of concur. It allows me to open my phone, take a photo of the receipt (moments after paying), file it and send it in for approval. I'll no longer lose the receipts and be unable to expense my business expenses!

Cons

The desktop version does not have the same clarity as the mobile one. It can be difficult as an employee to intuitively find past reports once they are paid. You need to go into open reports. (which could be listed as 0), then click on past reports to see them.

Is it weird to love an expense software?

I've worked in some many organizations where everyone puts off submitting their expenses because the system is confusing or burdensome. Concur makes it really easy, which I love. My organization gets my expenses on time and I don't feel like I'm being punished for work travel. Win/win!

Pros

Super intuitive, allows you to organize your expenses easily and quickly. I love how the company admin can set the rules in the system, so I'm alerted when I need to include a receipt or additional info to get the expense approved. It makes it easy to get reimbursed and I rarely have items bounced back because I know exactly what I need to provide.

Cons

Occasionally confusing to itemize a hotel stay when different items are charged at different times. You end up playing with the daily amounts to make the math work, which I don't think is the intended use.

this tool really makes expenses very easy to submit and manage

it saves me so much time and is easy to use

Pros

doing expenses when you are out from the office is really simple using this tool. you can add an expense, add a receipt from your camera by taking a picture or add one from your device (phone or laptop). as a manager the approval of expenses from staff is really very simple and means you dont have to wait until your admin day back at the office

Cons

probably the only two thing are 1. that the apple phone app and android phone app have different functionality . 2. if you approve someone else expenses you cant go back and review it after you have approved it in the the way you can review your own submitted expenses

Great

Great software for expenses. Easy to use and holds your history great if you need to go back and look at anything. I give it 5 stars! I hope if my new job has any expenses that I need to be reimbursed for, it uses this software.

Pros

I used this software for 17 years in a previous position with a company where I traveled a lot (Hill-Rom Inc, I was revenue cycle management supervisor at the time). Our company used this software for our expenses and it really worked awesomely. When I first started using it, there was no one to train me on how to maneuver so had to learn myself with the help of the software itself. Everything was easy to do and great!

Cons

I did not experience or was aware of any cons.

Concur

Concur expense helps us keep our expenses organized.

Pros

I like that the receipts for airline tickets and hotel stays purchased through Concur automatically populate. I like that you can copy reports.

Cons

I do not like that this software runs slowly. It takes quite a few seconds to save your changes to an expense.

A reliable expense tracking software

Overall, it is a reliable product that I have been happy with for the past ten years. I have no need to switch systems and I would definitely recommend to colleagues.

Pros

I've been using Concur for expense tracking and personal reimbursements for almost 10 years now. The interface is user friendly and the best feature is that it links to my corporate American Express card so that business purchases are loaded in automatically.

Cons

There have been few, if any, updates or upgrades since I began using the software 10 years ago. Adding and attaching receipts can be difficult sometimes. Also, the expense budgets have some glitches when matching to expenses.

Easy to use, speeds up the expense reporting process

Saves time, saves effort, saves headaches. I can't imagine business travel without Concur.

Pros

I love that I can capture receipts via the mobile app so I don't need to carry an envelope of receipts when I travel. I snap a picture and the expense line is magically written in the product for me. I'd say 80-90% of my expense reports are pre-populated making my time in the tool brief so I can get back to my real job. They also make it easy for me to approve or send back expenses from my direct reports.

Cons

I preferred back when they had the stand alone ExpenseIt app, but the functionality in the Concur app works just fine.

SAP for Concur

As I mentioned above, I've only taken one major trip while using Concur and I had to get the executive assistant to help me balance and submit all my expenses. She actually had to contact Concur to figure out some issues as well. Once she figured it out with their help everything was fine and I received my reimbursement. I have not used Concur enough to "learn" how to use it effectively.

Pros

The concept behind being able to "balance the books" with your team and company is spot-on. Keeping track of employee expenses, including travel and bookings is necessary.

Cons

This could very well be user-error on my part, but I have a tremendous bit of trouble figuring out how to use this software. I've only taken one major trip while using Concur and I had to get the executive assistant to help me balance and submit all my expenses. She actually had to contact Concur to figure out some issues as well.

SAP Concur for tracking expense

I use Concur mainly for submitting and tracking expenses. It has other features, too, that I don't use or am not authorize to use. Concur has a very clear and user-friendly front end interface to SAP, which is a very positive thing, considering how complex and cumbersome SAP is. I have submitted many expense reports in Concur, and have not found any problems using it.

Pros

Easy to create a new report from scratch or create a new report from an existing one. Easy to upload receipts. Easy to view past expenses. You can store the attendees for future expense reports.

Cons

Because Concur uses the SAP database, the price can be expensive. Regarding anything SAP related, the installation and integration can be complex and cumbersome.

Great tool for business travelers

Overall very pleased with it. Travel booking and expense filing are very time consuming processes but Concur makes it very easy and intuitive

Pros

As someone who travels very frequently for work, I love the ease of use and UI of this portal. All my travel preferences, travel history, frequent flyer numbers etc are stored in the user profile which enables me to make travel arrangements very easily. It also lets the user know the company preferred airlines and hotels during booking process. The biggest headache of business travel is the expense report filing. But when used along with the Concur app, I can take pictures of receipts and attach them to expense report easily. User can also create report templates for future use.

Cons

Sometimes not all travel options are available. e.g. you may see a hotel or flight available elsewhere on third-party websites but it may not show up on Concur. Navigation menu in the app is different from the portal which can be confusing.

Concur to record business expenses

Concur was easy to use, intuitive, and a great, organized way for me to report my monthly expenses to my supervisor.

Pros

I used Concur in my former job to record my business expenses including travel, meals, and mileage. It was easy to use and it was nice to be able to upload receipts directly into the report. It reported directly to my supervisor so it was a one stop shop for me. Quick and easy and did what was needed for my reimbursement.

Cons

As a user, there was really nothing about it I didn't like. It'm not sure of the cost to use it or how it looked on the other end of the submission, but for what I needed to do as a traveling employee, it was great!

So easy!

Instead of having to submit all of the paper copies with scan and attach to the accountant I can just snap a quick photo and it is done.

Pros

Great that it is on an app and on a website. You can just take a picture of the receipt to attach for the expense. So easy!

Cons

Not much. This program makes it so easy.

Easiest Expense Reports ever

Pros

I love that my credit card is connected and it already creates line items I can easily move to a report. I also love that I can take pictures of my receipts and just load them to Concur - no more saving mountains of receipts that I lose anyway.

Cons

When it marries with the travel side of things - booking planes and hotels, etc, things look a little confusing. Also i am not a fan of the itemized hotel evening breakdown. Just look at the total cost and receipt. If accounting wants to itemize, let them go back and itemize later. It causes difficulty when odd numbered taxes have to be navigated to equal out to the room cost.

Makes expenses a lot more simple

Pros

I've been a user of Concur at the last 2 companies I've worked for and found it to be very good. In the first company, we moved away from a spreadsheet based process to Concur and it made things much more simple. In my current company, we have the ExpenseIt capability that not only allows you to take a photo of a receipt to upload, but also then OCRs it and puts it into an expense report automatically. I understand that others have this capability too, but this completely blew my mind the first time I used it.

Cons

The UI could do with a bit of an overhaul as it's starting to look a little old/tired.

Clunky

It's already a chore to fill out expenses and Concur makes it even more bothersome. The notification emails are clear but in the webpage itself, it's hard to look at statuses and notice tasks that need to be taken care of.

Pros

It does search with all your parameters relatively quickly and I eventually always find the flights I want. It does do the job of letting you add receipts and expense things but this is basic stuff.

Cons

The UI is absolutely terrible. The font size is soooo small--for ants! The fields don't look like they line up correctly and again, they are so small and hard to select. It's also a non-intuitive workflow of uploading receipts and creating expense reports.

Concur - Ease of Use Can't Be Beat!

Overall, I'm extremely happy using SAP Concur. It's efficient and easy to use.

Pros

The Concur user interface is very user-friendly and intuitive. Everything from allocating expenses to uploading receipts is quick and easy. And with the phone app, there's no need to hang on to all your receipts while you're out on a business trip. Capturing invoices right away makes life so much easier than keeping track of a bundle of receipts.

Cons

Concur's interface, while very easy to use, could use a little bit of a face-lift. Perhaps some larger buttons or more updated layout would add some visual interest.

Easy expense management software

Overall I really like concur for expense management with work. I would recommend it to other companies.

Pros

Once you get used to using Concur it is easy to use. Uploading receipts is very easy to do. I also love that they just recently added the functionality of attaching multiple images instead of just one. This helps with itemized receipts and tip receipts.

Cons

The main page has a lot going on. The first few times that I used this software it was hard to locate where to get started for the report. After a few times of using it, it gets much easier but at first the main page is a little overwhelming.

Great Product

Pros

Great software for keeping track of expenses. Allows for instant cataloging of expenses while out. No receipts to keep. Easy to use.

Cons

The software did take a couple days to explore and get to know most of the options. A better online training would be helpful.

Pricey, but the best tool for expense visibility

Pros

The tool is relatively user-friendly and they are often adding new features to reduce the time it takes to do an expense report.

Cons

The reporting suite (where Admins or Approvers would go to see reports) is in need of a major makeover. The tools are antiquated and clunky. It is not user friendly. Our managers have never been able to effectively use the reporting tools. It's way too many clicks to get to the reports, and all the canned reports never really capture 100% of what you want to see all in one report. This means you need a lot of custom reports, which you either at through the nose for, or have someone do in house.

Great Expense Tool

We moved from a different expense tool to SAP Concur, for Travel and Expense, and the overall satisfaction from users and software administrators is positive. The audit process is better, and we can now more easily identify out of policy expenses.

Pros

Concur Expense is a great tool for Expense Reporting. It is very customizable and has a great reporting tool using IBM Cognos that make it easier to evaluate the company spend and to find expenses out of policy.

Cons

For many configurations is required to open a Customer Support ticket, and/or have a Concur consultant hired to do the job. But usually the customer support is fast.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.