Datamolino Reviews

4.92/5 (25 reviews)

Carol Webb, FICB, AATQB, ACIPP

Datamolino never fails me

Reviewed 2017-11-13

Pros
I have been using Datamolino for a while and it is really easy to understand, set up, and use. The customer service is fantastic. The accuracy is really good, yes things do not always come out correctly, but there is a smiple system to tell them where the problems are and they are dealt with quickly and efficiently. With all software, things go wrong, but you can be assured the staff at Datamolino will be more than willing to listen to the issues, will get back to you in moments, and the development team really do listen and take your suggestions seriously.

Cons
Ocacsionally I have made the silly mistake of uploading a whole file more than once, and realise as I have dragged it into the box, but before I confirm. the problem is the file starts it upload immediately so I have to remember to let it finish and go back in and delete it. The development have said they are looking into a way to have a second confirm level so that does not happen. All my doing not theirs, but the only issue I have with the software.

Datamolino is the best!

Reviewed 2017-10-20

Pros
I have been using it for over a year now, staff love it and clients love it. Easy to use, fast, reliable and accurate. A good pricing model means its cheap to use, and it can process sales invoices too. The support is probably the best I have come across with any Xero add-on. Quick response rates, and they are happy to pick up the phone to you too, and a really nice team as well. Couldn't recommend this strongly enough.

Cons
The hardest thing about recommending it to clients is that they often haven't heard of it, but have heard of their competitors so assume their competitors are better. However, the name is becoming more and more prominent, and with recent recognition from Xero, as one of just nine XeroHQ integrated apps, I believe their brand will continue to get stronger and stronger.

Love this App

Reviewed 2019-05-08

The support team is super responsive and happy to answer any question no matter how obvious or complex, and they will see any issues right through to completion every time even checking back in later to see that everything is still in perfect working order down the line.

Pros
It's very easy to use, very adaptable and works great for my needs.

Cons
I had a glitch when it was pulling the wrong supplier name from an invoice but this was quickly resolved. To be honest, really hard to pick faults.

Paul Clark

Datamolino is an excellent app

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Pros
Datamolino is an excellent app that just gets on with its job and works as it's supposed to. I like the fact that it's cloud based so can be accessed from anywhere. It can read most documents we scan to it, including some of the most illegible ones, and it also handles sales as well as purchases. On the odd occasion that something goes wrong, or we have a query, the friendly support staff are always quick to respond, and go above and beyond to help us out and resolve the problem. Definitely the best support team for any software that we use.

Sue Higgins

Datamolino is a great add-on which speeds up our Bookkeeping processes

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Pros
It's really easy to use and the customer support is fantasic! Our questions are always answered within minutes and once the initial 'fingerprint' of an invoices has been set up the processing of subsequent invoices are very efficient.

Cons
Being able to report from Datamolino would be useful eg. supplier reporting, though you can do this from your accounting software.

Anonymous

Excellent service with amazing customer service

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Pros
Datamolino offer a service which alleviates a great deal of data processing on my end and free's up a lot of time. The customer service team have helped me on a number of occasions and have gone way above my expectations.

Cons
Any negatives I have had in the past I have requested assistance from Datamolino on and they have been improved upon.

Zoe Hellmuth

Helps put efficiency into our daily workload

Reviewed 2017-11-24

Pros
It has helped with our internal processes, providing accuracy and efficiency at the book-keeping level. This allows us to work on more clients and focus on the higher level reporting and advisory service

Cons
I'd like to see some automation on splitting of costs across a split allocation - something i am currently in discussions on.

Anonymous

Very happy with the product

Reviewed 2018-05-21

Pros
Excellent customer service. Well done :) They are very quick to answer chats, sort out problems Highly recommended

Cons
NOTHING

Tessa West

Excellent Support

Reviewed 2018-01-12

Pros
Very easy to import documents via a variety of methods and the customer support is excellent. The supplier automation set up is great as once done its even quicker to review and export documents into your account package

Cons
If the resolution of scanned documents is too low then incorrect data can be picked up which can be annoying when having to review and correct docs but then again, its up to you to scan a high res image!!!

Margaret Crawford MICB

Datamolino is our preferred Purchase invoice processor - we love it!

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Pros
We love that duplicates are shown up so that we do not waste time on invoices sent twice by clients and that scanned paperwork that is not an invoice is also put to one side and identified. We also love that the invoices already sent through to Xero are shown on the home page

Cons
We would like to be able to default our preferred method of calculating tax ie 'send exact tax amount'- we do not want Xero calculating tax

Marius Andra

Has saved us a lot of time!

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Pros
I forward all the invoices I receive to Datamolino and they just appear in Xero. No longer do we maintain a shared google drive folder to keep it in sync. Just send it to Datamolino and it's done.

Cons
Sometimes it detects currencies wrong. Sometimes when I scan receipts with my phone camera it fails to detect the invoice number... but those are just minor annoyances that can be quickly fixed through their site.

Erin  Newton

Great product & customer service

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Pros
Really great tool for streamlining and building efficiencies. Fantastic customer service and support.

Cons
Occasional snag when it doesn't pick up the information on an invoice correctly but easily rectified. Just need to know what to look out for.

Anonymous

Does what it says on the tin...

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
One of those rare pieces of software that does what it needs to quietly, efficiently and effectively needing very little maintenance or intervention. Our incoming bills get forwarded by email to Datamolino and shortly after they pop up in Xero ready to be approved and paid.

Cons
Nothing to complain about! It's always just worked! And when we've one or two small issues the support team have helped us out.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Robbert Swinden

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Pros
Extremely quick response time from the customer service team. The software used is so intuitive as well saving me hours a week in processing invoices, couldn't be happier with it!

Cons
From my mind there's not much that can be improved. The website is very clean looking so no complaints there. Perhaps more user engagement in terms of what we use it for could perhaps unearth some new features that people haven't thought of yet

Anonymous

Support staff - Always ready to help and always very knowledgable

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Pros
The support staff are amazing, their passion to resolve any issues and ensure that customer is happy is key.

Cons
It would be great to have a "cancel" option once the invoices are selected for uploading so that the invoices that don't need to be uploaded aren't.

Vivienne Neale Director, Marketing Strategist

Easy, secure, convenient and time-saving

Reviewed 2018-01-10

Pros
My receipts don't get screwed up, lost etc. I can easily check if something has already been uploaded and my book keepers can work on my expense claims etc. whenever it suits them. I am in the habit of uploading the minute I get a receipt as it takes seconds. HIhgly recommended

Cons
I guess the pricing is a little off-putting for some but it depends on your needs. Be open minded and don't fear change.

Good clean App

Reviewed 2017-12-04

Pros
Easy to use Does what it says Always good customer support and the documents come through clear and concise

Cons
They could add an expense claim feature where all the bills from a single user for a period like a week or a month can be bundled together as one expense claim and pushed to Xero.

Justin Davey

Definitely Recommend - these guys are great and very flexible.

Reviewed 2016-05-17

We had some unique challenges in our business and saw these guys as being a great option to deliver our customers what they needed. Their technology was very unique, in it allowed processing of documents other providers just couldn't do. They also provided excellent access to support and technicians directly as needed to help us with integration.

Pros
- Very comprehensive. - Very flexible - Constantly improving and developing - They hit the timelines and milestones they state (very rare!)

Cons
- We had no negative issues or cons with these guys.

Jason Coppen

Excellent product

Reviewed 2018-08-10

Pros
Data Extraction is very good, the software is easy to use, chat support feature is excellent and very responsive. A very good solution.

Cons
I would like to see the software allow the functionality to add a markup to costs for recharge customers from within the software rather than having to do that as a secondary exercise from within in the accounts software application. I also had an issue being able to mark the costs as billable but it seems that is a browser issue rather than Datamolino

Stacey Ansley

Another rare find. Amazing customer service and amazing value!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-06-27

Pros
If I could put a person's name here I would. Hands down one of the best customer service teams I have ever encountered. They helped me get setup, handle my multiple business entities and folder structure, etc. A great tool

Cons
User Interface is not flashy. But it doesn't need to be. Just wish it was a bit more inviting in that regards.

Claire Westlake

Can't recommend enough!

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-01-19

Pros
Datamolino has helped make my job easier! As I don't generate my invoices from QuickBooks, I needed a software that can take my invoices, gather all of the relevant information and format this correctly into QuickBooks. Datamolino was so easy to set up and even easier to use! If I ever have any problems, they are always on hand with their online chat to help. They are polite, friendly and really professional. I would recommend Datamolino to anyone and everyone!

Tom Stanley