Divvy Logo

Divvy

Spend management and business cards made simple.

Divvy Reviews - Page 3

AB

Anthony B.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Works great for our company!

Our company can easily see where and by whom the money is spent in real time and we can set the amount on how much each person spends.

Pros

I was able to roll out company wide usage in a matter of weeks. The software is intuitive and employees reported back to me that they enjoyed using it.

Cons

Integrating ACH payments was cumbersome and we had several vendors confused about how they were getting paid.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Divvy makes everyone's job easier

Divvy has been an enormous improvement to my company by putting purchasing into the hands of the end user, with adequate accounting & budget control. Our users now do not have to use their own money for business expenses and get reimbursed if they have a divvy card, and the accounting department has to do less purchasing/ordering for programs now that they can do it themselves. We are loving the constant updates that make the system more robust and flexible. The customer service is amazing, I always get timely and friendly help, and every feature of the system is well documented/explained so it is easy to understand.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, customizability, constant improvements to the system and its capabilities

Cons

Slow loading of transaction data on the website, could use more robust pre-approval process including more than one approver of an expense before a funds transfer, & our physical card orders get lost/never delivered about 50% of the time

JT

Jonathon T.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Great program!

Mostly positive. Hard to work with on the credit side and my account manager which is the one that seems to be able to actually make some big decisions doesn’t seem to care about responding or helping out company.

Pros

Easy to use and gives great control over employee spending.

Cons

Sometimes the account manager isn’t very responsive, but their everyday customer reps are great. Don’t appreciate their Methods for extending credit To businesses and paying them through their portal is laughable. I’ve never had a company limit how much I can pay them each day.

NB

Nathan B.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Responsible money at your fingertips

We have loved using Divvy, and I would recommend it to anyone needing to allocate money to multiple parties. If I had to do it all over again, I would would have wished I did it sooner.

Pros

Using Divvy has allowed us to organize our brand's budgets in a way that will enable our team to have access to the money they need while at the same time giving transparency to the leaders in the organization so we can be stewards of the brand. The ease of use and ability to distribute funds immediately have been a breath of fresh air for the team.

Cons

The only downside is that a few cards got lost in the mailing process when using the standard services. The expedited shipping has been a breeze with no issues.

JH

Jody H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Lots of control

Pros

Can lock down most cards and control what they purchase

Cons

Export to Quickbooks doesn't always export correctly and guys in field have to activate things when it would be nice if the office could do it.

AN

Ashlee N.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Aboutgolf

Pros

Overall, I enjoy the ease of use of the software. It's very easy to onboard new users, manage the cards, in addition to the access to virtual cards, and allocate budgets across the company.

Cons

Some of the functionality in the way you navigate the options can be confusing. I do hope they expand their platform and integrate or build out software to do more cost management analysis. I'm currently dumping the data into power BI to run analysis on our spend month over month.

BM

Becca M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Love Divvy!

Pros

Love, Love, LOVE Divvy! This company is amazing - great customer service and easy to use chat feature on the website finds a solution to any question I have. Divvy credit cards and app have optimized our agency's expense management process while saving us at least 15 hours a month of manual processing. Uploading receipts is easy to do and our agency learned to categorize expenses and request reimbursements within a few weeks of showing them the process. I highly recommend this company/system/credit card to anyone and everyone I know!

Cons

Nothing! Absolutely love Divvy! There is nothing wrong with divvy.

AH

Angie H.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Some of the best travel management software available

Pros

They have some of the best and friendliest customer service I have ever experienced. We have had to live chat several times and they always impress me with their professional and personal approach to business. They have yet to not answer fully a question I have had. Their service makes keeping up with our trips so easy we wish we could go again lol!!! Ever since using them we haven't had to track down a single receipt or itemize any of our expenses it does it for us. Best software I've had the pleasure of using in quite awhile.

Cons

I have had no issues with them. Great customer service!!

JP

Julieann P.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Happy Divvy user

For both Admin and card holders, the whole experience is so fast and intuitive. Adoption was super easy, even for the people that didn't have the old software straight 2 years in. This has even made communications between regions and the National office more fun.

Pros

Ease of use for cardholders and ease of data sync between software and card were revolutionary in our office.

Cons

We're pretty sophisticated users and did not get everything we wanted out of the box. The software has been developing rapidly (and we have been able to help influence that) which makes it better. The gaps are closing. But the only true negative for us is that we dont' quite get it ALL the way we want it so far.

Joseph B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Easiest Expense Tracking on the Market

The time it takes for us to reconcile expenses with our over 200 volunteers worldwide is so fast compared to our old system. The time-save alone is worth it to us. The cash back and superb customer service is icing on the cake.

Pros

Divvy software is super simple to use and very user friendly. We were able to set up and implement Divvy globally in just two days. We have saved thousands just by switching to Divvy and our expense reconciliation takes a fraction of the time it used to take when we did manual receipts.

Cons

There are a few items that aren't as customizable as we'd like when it comes to setting up budgets. We've submitted requests for the development team to work on it and they informed us the features we were requesting are already in processed and should be rolled out soon.

JM

Jon M.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Makes managing company expenses so easy!

Pros

I love Divvy it makes managing company expenses so easy. Virtual cards, tracking receipts, event/subscription budgets, etc!

Cons

I think it works great. If you do have an issue you can reach out to support and they will help you.

JE

John E.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great credit card platform

I am the credit card admin for the company I work for and we love using Divvy. It has made keeping up with CC transactions and receipts so easy. The ability to allocate funds to individual budgets and card holders has made it easy to control how much everyone can spend. Reconciling CC transactions to your other financial platforms is also a snap.

Pros

Receipt capture, spend is immediately available, virtual cards

Cons

The rewards has a requirement to spend 30% of available limit to receive the reward. This could be done away with. Also the rewards should have more value if using as a statement credit or cash back.

DS

Davaun S.

Construction, self-employed

Good business tool

Happy with my experience. Compared to other software, Divvy is definitely recommended

Pros

I like how this software made managing my expenses easy.

Cons

The most difficult process was connecting business account information.

William L. D.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Divvy: Perfection; Being free is just a bonus.

Expense Tracking. Seamless, enjoyable, web and app based features. Budgets. Seamless, enjoyable, web and app based features. Customer Service. Doesn't get better than Divvy. Decreased time spent reconciling, tracking, and other tedious tasks on credit cards easily by greater than 75%.

Pros

We switched from an old Visa card with no online functionality, lengthy customer service calls, and overall nothing more than a working credit card. Not to mention, it took 3 months to set up automatic payments every time we opened a new card. Switching to Divvy was easy, free, and seamless. In an organization with 20 credit cards, they've saved us dozens of hours each month, improved accountability,...

Cons

I have no improvements for Divvy. I cannot think of any scenario where it would not be appropriate.

GA

Grant A.

Accounting, self-employed

Great Spending Management Tool

My overall experience with Divvy has been fantastic. It is very easy to set up many people with a company credit card that has spending limit customizations. You can also implement various budgets and incorporate your chart of accounts to manage spending by account. Receipt uploading is also really simple and it serves as a great storage option for receipts and other support.

Pros

- Perfect for mid-to-large companies - Easy to log in and use - Quick to learn - Easy to request new credit cards - Budget and spend management

Cons

- Support can be a little lacking depending on what you need help with

GS

Grant S.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

You should use Divvy, seriously.

I went from caputuring around 35% of my receipts using other methods to a 95% capture rate. This brings peace of mind that we know where our funds are being spent and that they are categorized correctly and backed up by documentation.

Pros

This is a huge time saver from an administrative standpoint. The end user experience is really simple and intuitive. I feel confident I have documentation and accuracy in my expenses.

Cons

There needs to be a reporting function for reimbursements.

DA

David A.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Divvy is an excellent resource

Pros

The UI on mobile app is very user friendly. It's free. And it saves considerable time compared to traditional expense and spend management solutions.

Cons

I have no substantive critiques... it might be nice to have a notification setting for reimbursement requests, I haven't seen that in the app.

CM

Carrie M.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Finally a Credit Card with All the Features We need and More!

We have had a great experience with Divvy. It has made accounting much easier as well as purchasing. The points are an awesome perk as well.

Pros

We are so pleased with this software. The Quickbooks Desktop integration is key and the ability to add as many vendor cards as we need has made reconciling a breeze. The ability to approve funds request instantly is also a huge feature for us.

Cons

I did run into an issue where if we split a transaction to categorize it under different expense accounts when the transaction is synced it splits into two separate entries. This does not work for us so we no longer use the split feature. The work around we currently use is to enter notes about splitting the transaction then we edit it in quickbooks after we sync the transaction.

BB

Brad B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Divvy is the way to go!

Excellent. So thankful we found Divvy.

Pros

We used to use a lot of spreadsheets on a monthly basis to track expenses and get expenses in our accounting system. Divvy has streamlined that so much. We do not regret the transition one bit.

Cons

One feature we would love to see added is in the expense categorization. When we select a department, we would like the only categories that show up to be ones that are specific to that department. As it is, all categories show for any department that is shown. Employees often select categories that do not exist in the department. A cascading/tiered dropdown system may do the trick.

EH

Erin H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

I love Divvy so much I wish I had it for my personal accounts!

Divvy helps us stay on budget and watch our spending better than ever. I really wish I had something like it for my personal accounts.

Pros

Divvy makes budgeting, expense management and categorizing expenses SO EASY! You can automate things or review manually from your phone! I have LOVED having a separate card or account for each person and each account. It really took a burden off my shoulders and allowed my employees more flexibility with spending, yet giving me more control. It is awesome! I love being able to submit receipts in the app.The best thing about it: FREE!

Cons

It took a bit of figuring to integrate with Quickbooks but it really wasn't that bad.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Controller

Overall, we are extremely pleased with Divvy and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Switching to Divvy purchase cards have streamlined our processing of credit cards statements exponentially. The flexible budgeting controls allows us to issue cards to more staff and process more invoices via credit card.

Cons

The customer support is lacking - we often find ourselves in a continuous loop in the support chat.

NM

Nicole M.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Divvy Experience

Pros

We moved to the Divvy Credit Card system to allow for company spending without the employees funding the company from their own pockets and waiting for reimbursement. Since switching, we have the flexibility to control spending, set budgets, reconcile with transactions syncing direct to our financial software, and holding employees fiscally responsible for their spending. This system has been great for finance, managers, and employees.

Cons

We have had issues with integration into our financial system. It frequently disconnects. Also, employees with multiple budgets have been an issue when they complete transactions.

SC

Stephen C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Simplify your finances and it is FREE!

They are always willing to help immediately if we have questions, have been helping grow our cash flow abilities with our credit lines.

Pros

Simplicity to use, customer support that comes with it and ability to create multiple cards for online accounts and services.

Cons

Not much. They had some features missing in the beginning, but as we gave feedback, they started adding them.

CR

Chris R.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Divvy is great!

Divvy has enabled us to proactively manage our credit card spend and streamline the user reporting as well as the related back-office processes.

Pros

Innovative credit card/expense platform.

Cons

Still early in development of administrator interface and advanced features, but maturing rapidly.

KB

Kyle B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great software that improves every day

Pros

Free! Budgeting Automatically marks out of compliance transactions Customization

Cons

No tiered budgets No recurring periods other than monthly No ability to mass upload budgets A bit buggy