Divvy Logo

Divvy

Spend management and business cards made simple.

Divvy Reviews - Page 4

Nikolay K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Takes your organization to the next level!

I am so happy we found Divvy as it solved so many of our problems and saves us tens of hours a month even with the small team we have!

Pros

- It's free and easy to set up and use; - Integrates with QuickBooks; - Takes care of your all your Accounts Payable; - Modern software and look, nice-looking and secure mobile app.

Cons

- It should allow buffers for budgets as sometimes just for a few pennies or dollars, a charge might get declined; - Should be easier to reallocate budget distribution and maybe divide the budget into areas and assign people to areas instead of having to set a max to each person, which forces you to over-allocate to people and thus inflate greatly the budget.

KB

Kody B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Great Product and Service!

This is a great product with good service to back it up and continual support.

Pros

Divvy was very easy to set up and integrate into our business. The program is easy to understand and replaced many of the manual process this company had.

Cons

We have not ran into any snags at this time.

MG

Moriah G.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

So far, so good!

Pros

I like the receipt management and ability to set limits, create budgets, review expenses, and order cards from my computer, instead of having to speak to customer service over the phone.

Cons

The initial setup was a little difficult.

LR

Lindsey R.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Amazing product!

We love Divvy!! It really has been the perfect fit for our company. I would highly recommend it to other companies who use company credit cards.

Pros

I love how simple it is for all employees to use. We have employees of all ages with different levels of comfort with technology. It was a smooth transition and anytime we had questions they were right there to help. The fact that they offer an awesome product for FREE is amazing and unheard of!!

Cons

The reporting function is really awesome but the review process could use a little tune up. If a transaction is marked as "reviewed" while it is listed as "incomplete" (missing receipt, description, etc.) it removes the incomplete status which makes it tricky to see which transactions are truly incomplete.

TN

Tara N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Credit Card Use Management

Pros

The transition to the Divvy corporate card platform was seamless. Staff were able to get started using their cards and coding/attaching receipts with minimal training. I hear positive reviews from staff on the ease of use and that translates to high policy compliance rates. Th interest in Divvy to continually improve and expand the product is amazing. I mentioned a need we have and a few weeks later I am talking to a development team on how this should work.

Cons

The conversion to a budget owner set up for corporate cards was new to us and did take some time working out how this would work in our environment. But once we had it set- it is working wonderfully for us. We are getting ready to test mileage reimbursement which open the platform up to a larger group of staff.

DP

Daniel P.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Simplicity

My overall experience with Divvy has been great. I appreciate the quick and upbeat support and the ease of use for the software itself.

Pros

This software offers many benefits over the competition. I am all for a paperless way to track and report expenses as well as establish budgets with specific general ledger options.

Cons

The only downside to the software is how long it takes to get a new or replacement card.

Jenna G.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Early adopter

Pros

1. Taking a picture of receipts: Has drastically increased our overall collection of receipts and the ease of collecting and organizing them. This decreases my risk from an outside audit standpoint as well as improved internal compliance since it's a lot easier to review receipts. 2. Expense report simplification: We have saved hours of time from a data entry standpoint while simultaneously increasing the accuracy of the data entered.

Cons

I'd love to be able to upload the desired budgets into their software rather than having to manually change each budget, one at a time.

GU

Greg U.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Divvy is a solid expense management tool

Overall, it's a free corporate card and expense management tool that has many useful features, including unique virtual cards which can be used for specific vendors.

Pros

The virtual card option - assign a unique credit card number to a vendor, who will always use that number to charge your company. It reduces the risk of fraud, and keeps everything very organized.

Cons

Divvy sets "budgets" for different categories or different cardholders, which are not really necessary in my opinion, but it's easy enough to set high budgets so they don't really come into play.

BA

Bradley A.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Divvy gives us control!

Divvy allows us to control our spending, which let's us sleep at night knowing that we aren't being taken advantage of. The app works flawlessly which makes our office staff happy! Divvy has a great product all around!

Pros

I love the fact that we can proactively budget and "send" money to our crews as they need it, rather than giving them just a credit card which they could use at their discretion.

Cons

With Divvy being the software company, not the bank, their user interface is slightly limited with regards to something like a fraud issue, but customer service more than makes up for it! Their team is wonderful to deal with!!!

WF

Wendy F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Divvy is EASY and saves time

I have enjoyed working with ad using Divvy. Customer service is responsive and the application makes it very easy to order new cards, suspend cards, and allows for virtual cards.

Pros

Divvy has made significant difference with reconciling credit card expenses and reducing indirect time for staff. It is easy for staff to upload receipts through out the month and allows for better tracking of expenses. The app is super easy and provides alerts to remind you to upload your receipt following a purchase.

Cons

Sometimes the card is perceived as a prepaid card at some businesses.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best screen splitter for Mac, so far

When I started working with a double monitor setup, I felt the need of some solution to somehow split my screens and create specific sized working areas dedicated to most used apps, in order to keep them always visible (Email client, A/V conferencing and chat system, office and business apps, and a virtual remote desktop). Divvy allows to take advantage of all your available space among multiple monitors in a simple and intuitive way. When your desktop starts to be cluttered after some hours of work, Divvy helps to keep what matters always under control.

Pros

Stable, easy to use, very convenient to efficiently work in multi monitor setup. Shortcut configuration makes windows resize very efficient.

Cons

No noticeable downsides, so far. Maybe a little more pricey than the competitors, but still very affordable.

SD

Sarah D.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Divvy Is Awesome

Our employees who use credit cards a lot are raving about Divvy. They no longer have to complete paperwork for their credit card transactions. They love the ease of recording their expenses. We were leery of implementing Divvy as a result of a terrible experience with another credit card software we attempted to integrate in the past. However, from beginning to end our experience with Divvy has been fantastic!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly; even those who are not very tech-savvy have had minimal challenges adapting to the Divvy method of reporting their expense transactions. Divvy also seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks and provides details of the transactions that we do not have to enter manually.

Cons

We have not encountered any significant cons with the Divvy software. There are a few "buggy" things that could be tweaked but our awesome and amazing implementation specialist, Aubree Matheson, forwarded our concerns to the department that updates the software and we are hopeful our suggestions will be part of a future upgrade. For now, we are easily working around the things that would be "nice" to have changed.

DJ

Darin J.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Divvy is an excellent tool for budgeting

As a business traveler who travels more than 150 nights/year, Divvy has simplified my life, and given me time back that I don't have to spend with reconciliation of budgets and expenses. It's done on the fly, immediately after I spend.

Pros

My favorite feature in Divvy is the fact that I get to take a picture of a receipt then get rid of it. It's that easy.

Cons

It's frustrating when something is down, and the receipt doesn't upload. That's a small concern though, as it's infrequent.

Anne-Marie W.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Throw Out Your Petty Cash Box

Divvy has been great and I would 100% recommend it. The customer service is top notch and they continue to make enhancements. We switched to Divvy to replace our old school petty cash system and to replace the Home Depot credit cards that we had for our installers. The new system works GREAT! Each person requests funds when they are running low, they take pictures of their receipts as soon as the purchase is made and money is deducted daily from our business checking account. It also integrates nicely with QuickBooks. There are a ton of other features that we do not make use of but as we continue to grow I'm sure that will change.

Pros

I don't have to think about it. Once it's set up it just does what it's supposed to.

Cons

It might just be me but it's not visually intuitive. I find that I have to click several things before I get to where I want to be.

ST

Sherry T.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Divvy was the solution to several of our issues

This card was selected only because we wanted an expense reporting system that didn't cost any money and then we've found other benefits to the card so we've distributed it further than we had orginally anticipated.

Pros

Love that we can snap a picture of the receipt and do away with taping receipts to paper! Also, like the "instantly code" an expense rather than waiting until the end of the month to code all credit card charges. Love the budget by card feature so allow small charges to be made by individuals who would not normally get a credit card - giving them a limit to buy some gas or supplies is much better...

Cons

The fact that we need to select a category and then subsequently select and account is an unnecessary step - we just want to code our charges to an account directly. Also - splitting charges between departments and codes is not possible within the application which is a problem for us. Also - the credit card payments are pulling weekly from our bank so we aren't getting the cash float we used to get by paying at the end of the month.

JS

Jeremy S.

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Excellent and efficient corporate cards and expense reporting.

I am very happy with Divvy and would not want to go back to what we were using before.

Pros

I love how easy it makes expense reporting and tracking.

Cons

I wish the integration with Sage Intacct was simpler to implement. It is available and it does work, but we have struggled to get it running smoothly. That said, manually uploading transactions is fairly simple, so this is not a major con.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Ease and convenience

It is really great. It is very simple to use. Our cardholders like it, and our accounting team likes it.

Pros

We like the virtual cards, because it allows us to protect our physical card data and we can make virtual cards for individual vendors.

Cons

We don't like the fraud process and having to put in data for each individual fraud charge and having to wait 3 months to hear back about it.

AB

Andrew B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Divvy Review

I love Divvy. It's a great resource that helps our company stay on budget.

Pros

Divvy's customer support is first class. When something goes wrong, or a mistake is made by a user or myself, the support team never fails in resolving the issue immediately.

Cons

I wish there were more webinars available to train, but they may already exist and I just haven't seen them or used them properly.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Worth the switch

We can also track our budgets and control spend before we go over budget, instead of after which has been a huge game changer as well.

Pros

Divvy was an amazing change for us to consolidate our company credit cards on to one platform. We were able to maximize our credit card points while making the process of adding or removing employee cards soo much easier.

Cons

Dislike the expense approval process, it takes too many clicks to verify the purchase and view the receipt

BG

Blake G.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

My experience with Divvy

I think it definitely improves efficiency, budget tracking and stimulates are more enjoyable process. I used to spend a lot of time tracking receipts, building spreadsheets, having to sort through credit card invoices to get my numbers right. So this has really saved a bunch of time and headaches for me!

Pros

I think the platform itself is wonderful and makes it easy when planning travel for my team for our events. It's a pretty incredible solution to the tedious reimbursement process I've been used to. Any organization looking for efficiency and to streamline processes/budget should consider Divvy.

Cons

I'd prefer that my purchases did auto-assign to a category. Sometimes I have to backtrack to make sure they didn't go into the wrong category.

Chad H.

Investment Banking, 1-10 employees

Take Back Control of your Company's Expenses

As a small organization, we had not rolled out corporate credit cards and were manually reimbursing business expenses. Divvy has allowed us to automate this process and has freed us up to focus on our business.

Pros

The thing I like most about using Divvy is having immediate access to spending across our entire organization. I love being able to create budgets and allocate them to individual employees. It creates a level of transparency and visibility that is empowering to the entire company.

Cons

They are still perfecting the user interface. There are a few quirks and inefficiencies but I have seen huge improvements over time.

AB

Aaron B.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great software, support and functionality

Pros

This software has revolutionized how we manage spending, input our data and is incredibly easy to use. It has saved our accounting team hours of work per month as each employee is able to upload their receipts. We absolutely love Divvy.

Cons

As with any software improvements are always necessary. Divvy is works hard to continue to make the process better. Initially receipt uploading had multiple steps but now you can do it directly through the photos program. That has made the process easier.

TV

Tyler V.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Divvy Saves us Time

We have saved a lot of time gathering receipts and inputting expenses into our general ledger.

Pros

We no longer have to wait for our statement to come out each month to review expenses and start collecting receipts. I can review and approve expenses in real time, with the ability to do it all on my phone.

Cons

The aesthetic quality of the physical card.

CT

Cassandra T.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

New Divvy Recruit

Pros

The feature of the receipt having the ability to sync with the transaction into the accounting software is what sold us on the service. Integration on the other hand has been a bit of a challenge but we are working through it all.

Cons

It creates accounts that are not needed! We need to able to change the vendor name so that it syncs wit the same vendor name in our accounting software.

HN

Holly N.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Using Divvy makes tracking and applying costs exponentially easier!

Pros

Using Divvy makes tracking and applying costs exponentially easier! Employees in the field can easily and quickly share what their purchase was for. This has helped our accounting and job costing be SO much more accurate!

Cons

On one of our accounts (we have multiple) our payments take a few days to post, which can tie up funds.