Divvy Logo

Divvy

Spend management and business cards made simple.

Divvy Reviews - Page 5

DM

Dena M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

This is amazing!

Pros

The ease of setting up our Divvy account online was impressive. The ease of use for the field guys and the office has tremendously streamlined our process farther than I honestly thought ipossible.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about Divvy, the only thing that I can say is that I wish the app was faster, but I think that has to do with technology and not the Divvy platform

TL

Tanner L.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Divvy helps bring simplicity and sanity into managing our expenses

I'd suggest this to anyone who doesn't enjoy managing expenses and budgets (which I think includes about everyone). It's easy to use, easy to learn, and makes your life so much easier. The team is also super helpful and looks for ways to go above and beyond to get the job done. Great product that has brought great results to our team.

Pros

This product has made my life so much easier when it comes to budgeting and managing expenses. We ordered a card for every one of our employees and whenever they need money all they need to do is request it and within minutes they can have it. Setting up budgets is simple and intuitive and if you ever have questions your are seconds away from an incredible customer support team. I also love the reminders about categorizing expenses that it sends to me and my team after we use the card for a purchase. Great product and a great team to work with.

Cons

Overall I don't have much to put here. Every once in a while a bug will surface on the app but it usually doesn't slow down anything at all. Had very little issues with anything on the app.

AC

April C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

great program

client support folks are all very good.

Pros

We love the ease of use, manager insight into employee spend, rebates are nice. They are always making improvements and refining the software.

Cons

approval process should be better, there really isn't one presently.

RH

Reed H.

Design, 51-200 employees

Highly Recommend

Pros

Divvy, has been key in helping us streamline our business, get more accurate data, and better understand where our money is going. Additionally, their customer service has been top notch as they have always been available when questions or problems arise. I would highly recommend Divvy to other business owners.

Cons

New credit card roles outs can be a pain, however, their team was very helpful in navigating it.

JH

John H.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Divvy saves us time and money!

Customer service is wonderful, software is easy to use. Overall it's been a true pleasure working with Divvy.

Pros

I'm the controller at a small media company called Chamber Media. We shoot commercials, and need to be able to attribute the correct expenses to the correct shoot budget, and Divvy has stepped in and made that extraordinarily easy. I would say Divvy saves us at least 2 full business days each month in terms of our month-end close. We love Divvy here at Chamber Media, probably me most of all.

Cons

I really don't have any negative things to say about Divvy. I haven't had any problems with anything since we've started using it.

NF

Nancy F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

We love Divvy

We love it thus far. Much more user friendly than our old expense softare.

Pros

Customer service is great. Also, we love the app and accessibility. Much more user friendly than the service we used before. The fact that we can earn rewards for spending that we would do anyways, is such an incentive. We can give back to the church and our ministries.

Cons

Some features need a little more work. Like approvals (once you approve something you can't unapprove something)

CS

Christine S.

Research, 51-200 employees

recommend divvy

Pros

I like divvy for the transparency of employee purchases and ease of use. I appreciate the platform over expensify, I would definitely recommend.

SC

Scott C.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Managing money on tour has never been easier

Before we had to go at the end of month and code transactions for a team that is literally world wide. By switching to divvy, no more chasing people down for expense reports. Instant and the receipt capture feature is brilliant. We have implemented this out to the tour groups we operate. Tens of thousands of dollars that move easier with more precision than before with cash or card.

Pros

Divvy has made it seamless and easy to manage funds for our tours. Lots of moving parts, very little time spent. Automatically categorize expenses that sweep into QBO. Makes end of month easy as pie. Currently 600 users and love it!

Cons

Occasional declines for software errors and no way to schedule fund drops

DL

David L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great product Greater Customer Support

Divvy has been nothing but wonderful. The only thing that has stopped us from dropping one of our other company credit cards is the lack of weekly budgets.

Pros

They are constantly innovating their system with useful and meaningful features. The customer support team is incredible.

Cons

They still do not have weekly budgets which they promised when we signed on.

MB

Matt B.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Saved money and my sanity

We have better real time budgeting and tracking. I have zero fear that we would be in great shape were we to be audited.

Pros

We have nearly 250 employees and nearly 50 folks who have the ability to spend. When this was going largely unchecked, we spent hours trying to track receipts and reconcile budgets. With Divvy, it is all done at the time of expense, in real time.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the general education of how to change budgets, name budgets, name cards, and make it work exactly how we want it to work. That said, I believe their education and training has increased dramatically since we implemented nearly a year ago.

MD

Michael D.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Divvy Review

Divvy's helped build scalable expense managment solutions and the setup was easy.

Pros

Ability to quickly generate a virtual credit card with a preset budget, categorize the cost account directly in Divvy, and track real-time spending, month-end close-out is easier.

Cons

Better UX on the Mobile App and Dashboard.

MW

Meghan W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Amazing Software and Better Customer Service

Pros

This software is very easy to use. You have functionality on your mobile phone and computer. The receipts show up right away on your app and from an accounting perspective the product is exactly what we need

Cons

None, that I have ran across at this time

MH

Mark H.

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Divvy is Great

My experience with Divvy has been awesome, I rarely have an issue and when I do it gets resolved quickly.

Pros

I really like the budgets feature and the customizability of Divvy.

Cons

I would like there to be a place on the desktop version to approve requests, at the moment this has only been available on Mobile.

HL

Heather L.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

I will recommend Divvy to everyone!

Amazing. Onboarding was great, the help videos and articles are very easy to understand and very helpful. The whole team has been great to work with.

Pros

So many things I love about Divvy, the cards look "cool"! The app and web interface are intuitive and easy to use. The fact that Divvy syncs overnight to my accounting system makes it so that our expenses can be tracked in "nearly" real time as opposed to monthly expense reporting. Uploading and email receipts is very easy and each transaction pops up immediately which reminds employees to add a receipt and code right away.

Cons

So far, there are only 2 things that I can think of that could use improvement:I've been told by employees that when I deny their transaction, it comes back to them without the receipt attached and the coding is gone.I would also love to have the capability to add a negative amount in a split transaction.

AP

Andrew P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

AP Manager Review

I've recommended divvy to all Accounts Payable professionals that are within my network. It's an amazing product that I will be using indefinitely. It's improved my efficiency and has made my job easier when those last minute rushes arise.

Pros

The ability to issue individual virtual cards for online purchases. In the past, we would share a corporate card with multiple users so they could make online purchases when invoices weren't available. However, that shared card with eventually have fraudulent charges and my belief was the fraud was performed by individual I shared the card with.

Cons

Some bugs time to time but they resolved within a few hours.

KM

Kristen M.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Great expense management tool

Divvy has changed our expense management process and allowed us to have visibability into our spending. We went from capturing about 10% of expenses to over 90%.

Pros

Divvy is easy to use, implement and for employees to access. It is less expensive and offers great points for a company to get money back. Customer service chat is wonderful and easy to access. Reports are easy to run.

Cons

I would like to see a way to route expenses to managers for approval.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Amazing company

They are one of my favorite vendors and I use them daily

Pros

Divvy is by far the best expense management system out there. The software is incredible! Their support is too notch

Cons

The credit card functions as a charge card and it’s impossible to carry a balance. There also isn’t a strong cash rewards system

JS

Jack S.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Divvy

Pros

Users ability to document and complete the transactions timely. Users no longer need to complete expense reports.

Cons

Nothing. I like how it has evolved from a good system to a great system.

DM

Daniel M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Users love it!

Pros

Love Divvy! Free software, plus cash back rewards, and users love the experience of no more expense reports and just instantly coding their transaction when it pops up on their phone (used to be an Expensify customer).

Cons

Reimbursements don't have a way for managers to be notified to approve.

SM

Sakinah Mone S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to Use and BANG for your buck.

Pros

Divvy is easy to use and great for small businesses.

Cons

There aren't many integrations that we'd need/use.

MS

Mandy S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great for Expense Tracking

Great experience! Very friendly and helpful staff. The online chat with the helpdesk is one of the best i have ever seen - you can send your question in and not have to sit there for hours going back and forth on the issue. They respond in a timely manner and I can respond whenever. No need to sit for the answer.

Pros

It puts the responsibility for receipts and tracking on the employee - puts all the information they need right in their hands. Also - assigning managers to review their employee tracking and all of this is done before it gets to the finance department and inputted in QB.

Cons

We use Quickbooks desktop - the expense report does not feed perfectly into Quickbooks Desktop so each transaction does require a manual touch to alter the input information. Was hoping it would feed perfectly into Quickbooks, was one of the reasons we went with Divvy.

TT

Tanner T.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Divvy was a great move for our business!

Pros

Divvy was awesome for our company. We used to enter credit card transactions manually and reconciliation was a nightmare. Now, we can sync transactions with our accounting software by clicking a button. Reconciliations are quick and easy and implementation was a breeze thanks to the Divvy team! This saves us 20+ hours per month!

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about Divvy is the inability to separate out sales tax from the expense. I work for a non-profit so that would be great for us to more easily integrate with NetSuite, but that is very minor.

EW

Emily W.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great System

By [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been amazing. I do believe the person on the sales team did not set my expectation on some things (rewards, expense reports, reporting features)

Pros

The app and PC interface are very user-friendly.

Cons

There are not enough reporting features. Everything has to be exported to Excel where it then has to be cleaned up and scrubbed. I would like more roles available or the ability to grant access to certain features.

AS

Amanda S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

No more chasing down receipts!

Pros

The Divvy Visa card and mobile app have been the best! My team is able to make purchases, instantly upload receipts, code their purchases to match our accounts and classes in QBO, and I can easily review, approve and sync to QBO. Such a time and effort saver! And I know that our QBO is accurate because it's a direct sync, no other people needing to reconcile from a credit card statement.

Cons

None really - sometimes the transactions screen freezes and goes blank after I've approved and synced a transaction but this is fixed by a reboot.

PB

Patti B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Divvy has saved us so much time in the Accounting Department

Divvy has saved us over 30 hours a week, between rounding up receipts from employees and coding these receipts.

Pros

Divvy allow users to upload their receipts and code to jobsites, etc

Cons

I feel this service is very user friendly, creating budgets are easily performed, downlead transaction, identifying incomplete transaction, etc.