El Dorado Utility Billing

Utility billing solution for property owners

El Dorado Utility Billing Reviews

Pros

I love the program and don't think I could run my business without it. I have always experienced wonderful customer service from the wonderful people connected to this company.

Jeanne M.

The software is so easy to use and the team is super nice - always there to help you if you need it.

Matt S.

Cassandra S.

Sara D.

Carol K.

Sara D.

4.2

Try it, You'll never look back!

Our relationship with El Dorado has been a true friendship. Not just a vendor customer relationship. We honestly feel like they are part of our team, working towards our goals. They just feel like family.

Pros

The ease of which it integrates our daily workflow. From billing customers to receiving payments of all kinds. We recently started our AMR program with Itron. El Dorado stepped up and had us running in minutes. The technical support during the transition was above reproach.

Cons

As a user for over 10 years now, we really don't miss much. Anytime we have found something we think we might like, one call and it's usually implemented very shortly. It's almost like having your own IT department!

Thanks for the 10 out of 10 review Jim its been great serving you !

Water utility software

A few learning curves, support assisted with walkthrough and troubleshooting set up. Very professional from sales to install and building accounts.

Pros

Very excellent customer service and sales. The software has learning curves, as with all software. Has all modern features, billing, water meter recording, link with tablet nice feature.

Cons

Tablet app should have an auto-transfer feature vs transferring the file.

Hi Michael - Thanks for your feedback. We are expanding the feature / functionality of our EasyReader mobile add and will be enhancing it to add a auto file transfer function, picture taking, GPS mapping and driving directions to the service address. Our sales team will reach out to review it with you.

Poor software developers

I would say as soon as we can we are leaving the software. They are cost-effective vs. the competition - but you get what you pay for and their programming team is lacking. There also fees every time you turn around for things that should be pretty standard.

Pros

The system, at its most basic, is simple for users. However, when an admin asks for updates they are in over their head. They make a lot of assumptions that create problems. Actually, the best part of this software is the payment processing partner - Invoice Cloud is great.

Cons

Be very clear about your database assumptions. Again they will make recommendations that could cause downstream problems. Also, you want to make certain the features are functional. We bought based on features that have not yet been released and they have no date for release. Their reporting is limited. They represent it is really user-friendly - you will find if you know data it is highly restrictive. Also their cloud-based solution is not cloud-based it downloads information to hard drives and restricts features for more than one users - again an example of poor development.

Sara, we always appreciate customer feedback and as long as your a customer we will support you. We know making a move to a new billing system is complex and there could be a learning curve but as you state the application is very easy to use. We are always willing to spend more time with you on training and helping you get your arms around automating your meter reading and billing procedures. Rest assured there is no data no your hard drive it's all stored in a secure cloud server. We are also glad to hear you feel our integration with the Invoice Cloud portal is great, our developers working hand and hand with the Invoice Cloud team to offer a unique and easy to use solution. We are always here to assist and make your 100% happy.

Secretary

Now that I am familiar with the system I can run the program well. However, as an administrator, if anything were to happen we would have to pay to get a new person trained. There are other billing systems out there that do not require constant upgrades to keep the system at peek performance. I have to pay for that privilege and pay for upgrades as well as support.

Pros

The options, however If I want to use them I have to upgrade after paying thousands to begin with.

Cons

That I have to pay an annual fee for help. That I had no training when I first began, I have to pay extra for some of the features that were believed to be included.

Gwen we appreciate your feedback and comments. I am sure you can understand the world of technology is constantly evolving and we do everything possible to keep our software up to date with the latest security patches and feature updates. We try everything we can do to keep our cost low and competitive. Unfortunately, we have to pass on the costs for our support staff, product enhancements and security updates to our customers. The benefit is you have a system that is supported with a first class team of professionals, you have a reliable, easy to use and fully functional billing system. We will certainly be glad to train you and your staff on the operation of the software so you can rest assure we are here to help. I will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you.

Marland City Clerk/Treasurer

See the above comments I made I think that pretty well sums it all up. Overall it's a good system!

Pros

Payroll I use every 2 weeks and its very user friendly I've never had any trouble entering the data with the ease of the time frame needed and accuracy.

Cons

The manual ugh! To me its very hard to understand. It leaves out the important steps that have to be taken to complete the task. It's vague to the details that your supposed to understand. I had 1 month of training on El Dorado before being left to do all the duties involved in my daily job. I found it easier to make my own manual with the steps I took to complete the task. I'm still making some revisions to my notes so that when and if I'm not elected to this position in April of this year, the person coming in will at least have my manual to follow so it should be easier for them from the start.

Hello Carol - We appreciate the high ranking on the ease of use of the software and the customer support. We can certainty help you with a customized workflow guide to help with your billing . We do try to keep the manual up to date and there is so many features and topics to cover so sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. We are always here to help so if you ever get stuck please give us a call.

El Dorado Utility Billing Software

Pros

I do the bookkeeping for three small mutual water companies and this software allows me to switch between companies rapidly. It is easy to use and meets all my needs for billing and record keeping.

Cons

I have an older version of the program and it uses separate software (Crystal Reports) to compile reports. On this version, reports are not as easy to customize as I would like, but I'm sure that has improved in newer versions of the El Dorado Utility Billing software.

Jeanne - Thanks for the great review, we are glad the El Dorado program is working well for you and appreciate your business.

El Dorado Software Review!!

Eldorado is a great company, they know the ins / outs of the billing world and are able to assist you with any of your needs or requirements. The system / team members are very flexible when it comes to making things happen for you.

Pros

The software system itself is very user friendly, easy to adapt to your billing needs and easy to follow and set up customers for billing utilities. Having the on-line availability for customers to pay is a great feature also. The customer service is always there and available to assist in whatever it is.

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike about the software in over 15 years.

Thank you Jane we appreciate the great review and feedback. We have enjoyed working with you over the years.

El Dorado Review

This software has been incredibly useful and we continually work with our customer support team to discover new ways to use it.

Pros

The reporting features make this software very useful and applicable for a utility company.

Cons

The function of adding or removing fee and charges can be a very confusing task within the software. Perhaps these functions could be made easier to use.

Renee - Thank you for the high ranking and great feedback on our report. We appreciate the feedback on changing billing rates, this process comes usually comes in under a lot of scrutiny from water boards and the Public Utilities Commission. If you ever need assistance with rate changes just reach out and we would be happy to assist you with the changes.

Easy to use, great support

The overall experience has been great. They were wonderful with implementation and our database import. The support team is quick to get back to you and very helpful.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, customizability, integration with Invoice Cloud

Cons

I would like to be able to do more with the late notices feature.

Cassandra - Thank you for the 10 out of 10 ranking. We so appreciate your business, it's been a pleasure to work with you over the years.

Great. Takes a lot of stress off knowing El Dorado is watching out for our utility billing.

Pros

Great to use for its functionality for billing purposes. Gets the job done with ease on our the leadership team.

Cons

Cost can be considered a little high and sometimes tricky to move around the site. Hard to use for new users.

Hello Daniel - We appreciate the review and feedback and high ranking on our overall quality, customer support and ease of use. If your ever in need of training or have questions on the functionality please reach out - we have a fulltime helpdesk available to assist with any questions that you may have.

My experience with the software has been good; however I would love to see some improvements.

Pros

The system pretty much does what we need it to do , but would like to see some new enhancements. The software is ok.

Cons

1) Currently changes that are made to a profile is not logged; I would like a log of some kind that would tell me who made a change to a particular field in the system for a particular customer profile. 2) I would love to see misc. adjustment post that can be issued to specific lines items; currently for example let's say I want to give a customer a credit to water or Sewer which is in fields A...

Go for the full gammit

Human error is the #1 problem in utility billing. Whether it be from the meter reader or the data entry person mistakes happen; By utilizing Easy Reader and allowing it to interface with v10 those errors are almost completely gone.

Pros

The reporting of v10 is so much better than v9. The ability to communicate with add on software is great. Having a portal where employees can make payments online is a great way to adjust to the COVID curve. By utilizing the portal, I am able to save $500 monthly in credit card fees as the customer now pays the convenience fee.

Cons

I would like to scroll through account manager.

John thank you for your review and kind comments. Every customer is important to us and we appreciate your business. We are pleased your utilizing all the features of El Dorado and our Intuity customer portal. We will keep innovating and improving so we can stayahead of the technology changes.

Utility Billing Review

We are definitely happy with the Software and the support...although I wish we could call later in the day - due to time differences we may not get an answer during our working hours.

Pros

Ease of entering payments, adding new accounts. Reports. The support we get when we have the craziest questions!

Cons

When I enter payments, the last account entered does not remain on the screen. Instead it reverts to the very first account that was entered in that batch. I would like more flexibility in reports. And I would like to have the capability of totaling out a deposit when I am finished posting payments so the program would automatically go to the next batch. This is the most frustrating aspect---forgetting to number my batches.

Thank you Diana, we have a new version of El Dorado that will address your concern regarding entering payments. Our sales team will reach out to schedule a demo with you.

Not the best time to change software for our company.

I greatly appreciate your time in presenting the new Version 9. Currently we are going through a rate case filing with the Public Uitilites Commission for new rates and have limited time now to delve into the software upgrade.

Pros

You seem to be constantly trying to stay current with customer technology demands.

Cons

The reports in the version 8 that I have to stay with are not very useful. The way that inactive accounts remain in the database for customized reports is time consuming to remove.

Joanne - thanks for your comments we always appreciate the great customer feedback. As we have presented to you with our new version 9 we have made significant improvements to the system reports. We have added serval new financial reports to simplify end of period reporting for billing and collections. Hopefully you can get the PUC rate case behind you and move forward with newer technology to simplify your billing and collections.

This has streamlined our process from reading meters to the end billing extremely well.

Greater level of efficiency. Less mistakes and there is less keying in/duplication. More confidence in our billing outcome.

Pros

The general ease and functionality of the program. This program has made our process of reading the meters, entering the data, creating invoices, etc. much quicker. What used to take approximately 4 days now takes less than 1 day.

Cons

Being able to utilize this software with QuickBooks which is our bookkeeping system would be the perfect scenario. I have to deal with deposits twice and as an HOA we should be using an accrual method of bookkeeping, but with this software I have to deal with payments and deposits through El Dorado, but have to then double enter some data into QB to have an accurate accounting/bookkeeping system.

Great Sfotware/Customer Service Support

I would sincerely recommend this system to anyone entering or working in the utility billing industry. We feel confident that the system is secure, reliable, and have ease of use to move along our business quickly. We were able to turn from signature of contract for services to bills being sent out in 10 days!!!

Pros

I have purchased this utility software based on price, features, and compnay providing services personnel. The product was easy to acquire and install. The private and personal overview of software was thorough, timely, and very informative. Further calls were made to clarify user procedures and immediate, instant attention was provided. Priority was placed onto our system at no extra charge. I look forward to expanding our system with the help of creative technologies and also feel secure that if and when we run into difficulties, we will have the support necessary to overcome issues quickly and effectively.

Cons

At this time we have not seen any cons other than we can not navigate from the account manager directly to the "print bill" tab. However, the system does allow us to enter mulitple invoices at one time to be billed. This issue maybe something that we are doing incorrectly at this time.

Amrit - Thanks for the positive feedback on our El Dorado Utility Billing product. We have taken your suggestion into consideration and feel it would be a useful addition to our product and for many of our customers. We are in the process of implementing the new feature and will provide you the updated version shortly - let me add there will be No Additional Charge to your organization for this new feature ! Please let us know if there are any other new features or functionality you would like to see. We are always open to customer suggestions. Best Regards, From the Creative Technologies Product Development Team.

Billing software review

Our experience in transitioning to your billing software has been good. The one thing that would really make it better is to be able to have more flexibility in generating custom reports. We tend to open the database with MS Access to generate custom reports.

Pros

We are not limited on the number of accounts we can create. Our previous billing software was limited with stepped pricing if we needed more account numbers.

Cons

Custom reports within El Dorado are not as flexible as we need them to be.

Tim appreciate the feedback, we are always looking at ways to make the product better one of the items is on our list for our next release due out this year is to enhance the custom report features so stay tuned more innovation coming down the road...

Affordable, Easy to Use, Open Utility Billing Solution

Get access to the demo and try it yourself.

Pros

We recently purchased the El Dorado Utility billing system and found the installation to be very easy and straight forward. Before switching to El Dorado we looked at many billing systems and found many of them to be overly complicated, short on functionality and overpriced. Our old billing system was too complex to use and caused us frustration every we used it, our staff had to spend hours trying...

Cons

I have no Cons.

Greg Thank you for putting your trust into the Creative Technologies staff. I know that switching from an existing billing system can be time consuming and a learning curve. Change is never easy but knowing you have a team of professionals behind you makes the transition a whole lot easier. As we demonstrated we make every customer a top priority and hand hold them through the entire upgrade transformation process. Its very reassuring to know that our marketing and development staffs are in sync in making our products open, capable and affordable for our customers to use. We appreciate your business! L J - Creative Technologies President

BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR 17 YRS.

Pros

CUSTOMER REPS! TWO OF THEM WERE THE NICEST PEOPLE AND ALWAYS READY TO HELP. THE REPORTING OPTIONS ARE GOOD.

Cons

1-WOULD LIKE DROP DOWNS TO SCROLL FOR ALL LISTS. 2-AN "UNDO" OPTION WHEN MAKING CHANGES TO AN ACCOUNT. 3-TO BE ABLE TO SORT CUSTOMIZED REPORT FIELDS IN THE ORDER I DESIRE. 4-IN CREATE STATEMENTS, HAVE THE BILL, DUE, LATE DATES SAVED BUT WHERE THE MONTH WILL CHANGE. IT ALWAYS REVERTS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE SCREEN. 5-SAVE VARIANCE ALERT %. 6- NOT TO HAVE A PASSWORD TO LOGIN. 7- LAST BUT NOT LEAST: OPTION TO MAKE SCREEN WIDER WITHOUT SCROLLING OR NARROWING EACH COLUMN TO FIT THE ACCOUNT HISTORY PAGE FOR VIEWING.

Affordable, Easy to use Utility Billing

We find this product to be Excellant

Pros

We have been using El Dorado for many years and recently upgraded to the version 7 Utility billing system and found Creative Technologies staff to go above and beyond our needs for the installation and support. We recently had a computer hardware crash and the Creative Technologies team was ultr-responsive and flexible to meet our needs when we needed them most. We choose Creative Technologies for their expertise in the industry and superior customer service. The new version is as simple to use as the old one with a whole lot more additional features, reporting options and nice graphical interface with large buttons for each program funtion. I would recommend Creative Technologies to anyone looking for a easy to use and reliable utility billing system.

Cons

We can think of none

Dennis - Thank you for your many years of customer loyalty, we are honored to support fine organizations like the Scottsville Water Distribution. You will be glad to know that we enhanced our support for Automatic Meter Reading devices to now include Infinity Meters as well as Itron, Badger, Neptune, Sensus, Datamatic, and Radix. Its customers like you that keep us focused on delivering world class...

Great upgrade from previous versions

It's made running reports much easier. There are so many ways to track individual customers.

Pros

The overall layout - all my customer accounts are right there in front of me, and I know exactly how to find them all.

Cons

You have to "exit" from each customers account, and the "exit" button is on the far right of the menu, so you sometimes have to scroll just to be able to exit back to the main menu.

Amy, Thanks for your feedback we have recently added new function to scroll across accounts without exiting to the main customer grid which I am sure you will like. Give us a call and we can discuss the new features.

USEFUL CHANGES

HAVE BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR PAST 15 YEARS...............................................................................................................................................................................

Cons

Thanks Rebecca we appreciate the 15 yr loyalty to us and the El Dorado program.

Water Billing

The few problems I have encountered have been easily solved over the phone and did not take all day to accomplish. We even went from manually reading meters to radio read meters. The process to use this new function was easy and I felt that the company totally had me back with support.

Pros

This software is easy to use and understand. Reporting is easy to achieve.

Cons

I don't have a problem with any area of this software.

Linda thank you do much for the 10 out of 10 review. The team always enjoys working with you.

Village of San Jose

I am a very happy customer.

Pros

User friendly and excellent customer support.

Cons

Current version of software does not let me reverse payments.

Laura - Thanks for your feedback, I am sure you be glad to hear we enhanced the reverse payment option so now you can reverse any prior payment in the system and it also adds a audit trail of who made the change and why the adjustment was applied to the account. We will contact you to explain how to use this feature.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Pros

Collecting all the information and being able to report back monthly for billing for our small town. Very impressed that if the internet is down, this software keeps going. Appreciate the time that the I.T. person takes to assist (used him a lot in the early days, but not as much now).

Cons

Printing receipts is impossible. The system shuts down, but able to get back on-line very easily.

Hello Lou, Thank you for the great feedback and glad the El Dorado application is working well for you. We recently found a problem with the Microsoft web printing interface for receipts and have a quick fix. Our support team will be reaching out to you to make this update.