TriNet Expense Reviews

TriNet Expense

Expense & TIme Mangement On Auto-Pilot

TriNet Expense

Review Summary

Pros

Not only is it easy to use, but customer service is excellent. I love getting to work with them.

Christine G.

The ease of use, the sync'ng capabilities, and the upload features were some of the best. Also, it was very cost effective.

Margaret W.

Chris B.

Cons

I was using it in less than 10 min. No pain and no hassle which is what you want with any app your new to.

Mary Y.

You have to upload receipts one at a time. This is annoying and takes forever.

Aspen B.

Kaitlin M.

4.3

You don't have to be an accountant to use TriNet Expense

Pros

This was one of the easiest apps to train people on. Even those staunch pencil pushers really like how easy it was to scan receipts from the mobile app and it would automatically sync with the desktop app, I loved the fact that it was compatible with QuickBooks desktop when we were using it and it saved us hours of keying in the information. It had cut the expense processing time by at least 2/3.

Cons

I was really upset when TriNet decided not to support QB desktop and now supports QB online only. We have to have the desktop version of QB due to our inventory tracking system not available in QB Online. I had to terminate our contract with TriNet. Also, they did not have customizable reporting 3 years ago. Not sure if they do now or not.

Tedious expense reports!

It works, but takes too much time and effort. Our old system was much better!

Pros

It gets the job done! Other than that there is not much I like about it, they did add a mobile app which is a plus and slightly more convenient.

Cons

You have to upload receipts one at a time! This is annoying and takes forever! Entering a report is anything but streamlined and easy!

Constantly having problems

My organization has used TriNet expense for about 2 years. We like it because it syncs with our accounting system and our company's American Express accounts, and it has a Direct Deposit option for employee reimbursement. However, at least once every couple of months, there's a problem that arises with one of these features..with the systems not talking to each other or some other error. Then the TriNet customer service folks are a bit clueless, and it takes weeks for the problems to be resolved. We're in the process of reviewing other systems and will be hopefully ditching TriNet in the next couple of months.

Cons

Trinet can get your company on track very quickly

Pros of using Trinet: They have all of your HR, Payroll, and 401K integration all in one place! They save your team a lot of time. That's nice. Cons: It's kind of has corporate vibes for on boarding employees/it makes the process feel very robotic, and less human especially when you need to understand your health, etc. benefits. It's also about $900 a month for our team, which is on the high side for us.

Cons

Thanks for your review Kim. We're glad that we can help save your team a lot of time, and we're sorry if automating some processes makes things feel robotic. We pride ourselves on our human interaction, and we'll try to do better. To clarify, I think your cost estimate is for all your HR needs, including benefits etc. TriNet Expense alone offers affordable options for expense management!

TriNet is excellent for Payroll Services

Pros

Easy to use and very well organized. Great for keep track of all your pay periods, all your tax information and easy to use for uploading expenses to your company.

Cons

Everything was excellent about this software. Great customer service and great benefits! User friendly and highly recommend.

you have to try this

I was prompted by a mate to try this software today. So i signed up online, pulled out my phone and downloaded the app and bam !! i was using it in less than 10 min. No pain and no hassle which is what you want with any app your new to. I must say i am impressed with the interface, ease of use and direct compatibility of Trinet with our companies accounting software. You MUST try this, if you haven't yet.

Good Solution for HR in small companies

I've been using TriNet for almost a year and I have not faced any problem with it. It has been really helpful specially through selecting the benefits.

Pros

There are several platform to take the training and their customer service and technical supports is pretty good.

Cons

Their interface, specially the web-based one is not the most user friendly and can be improved. Other than that I have not had any problems with it.

Paperless Expense Reporting

With Tri-Net Expense out Consultants on the road can easily track their expenses on the go using the mobile app, keep receipts electronically and sync expenses from their credit cards. They submit their expenses online for review and approval removing the reliance on the postal system and shorting the turnaround time for reimbursing the employee.

Great Idea, Great Product

Wow what a great idea. What i liked is - Setup takes literally Minutes. - Integrates with Quickbooks so didn't need to change software - Uploading a receipt only requires a quick snapshot - Easy and simple to use mobile application Would recommend everyone give it a try

TriNet Expense App is Great

The new TriNet Expense app has been wonderful. Its saved me a lot of time and is very easy to navigate. The app is very intuitive and user friendly. A must for all people who submit expense reports.

Cons

TriNet Expense replaces a lot forms

Pros

This tool from the TriNet HR platform will replace the reimbursement sheets and make the submission, approval and payment of expenses very easy. TriNet expense allows the user to connect the credit to track expenses and build a expense report from those uploaded expenses for easy submission to Manager.

Cons

I don't see a lot of issue with the software, so far it has worked perfectly, I wish support was a little better from Trinet for this new platform.

Great Application for Expenses

Overall, this is a fantastic application. I set it up completely for my small business in about 30 minutes and the integration with Quickbooks is fantastic. Incredibly easy to manage and maintain. Integration with my credit card account is a snap and the ability to move that right into a report is amazing. I really love the mobile application as well. Taking a picture of a receipt and loading it directly to my account is pure genius. This saves me about 1 hour per expense report easily.

Pros

Mobile Apps for iPhone, Blackberry and Droid Easy Integration for credit cards Easy Integration with Quickbooks Straight forward use of receipt scanned images Time savings Trip it integration

Cons

No confirmation of save with mobile app

Love the software

Its been a while since we used a decent software to track our expenses. We gave TriNet expense a go and we are truly impressed with how user friendly and the simplicity of the platform. We were able to use it on our iOS and Android devices which is a plus and saved us big money as we didn't nee to upgrade any hardware. We were also able to import the expense reports to quickbooks with no hassle. If you haven't tried it, give it a go and you wont regret it

Still annoyed by Expense Violation Message

It generally works pretty well and is fairly intuitive. For months, however, the expense violation message continues to appear.

Cons

Kathleen, We're sorry to hear that message is bothering you! Our customer companies setup the expense policies for their company. An example of an expense policy would be, if an expense exceeds the amount $75 a receipt must be attached. Once an expense policy has been violated within a report, a violation message shows asking the user to fix their report before submitting it. We don't seem to have a support issue for this associated with your company but are glad to help! Please email support@trinetcloud.com and we'll look into it right away!

Use to submit expense reports monthly.

Honestly, I am not sure we have any. No one in the office has anything positive to so it is not just me.

Pros

Honesty, I am not a big fan of the expense system. The previous one we had was much easier and much more user friendly. We have to add receipts one at a time rather than being able to upload them all at once. Also, if I don't have a receipt I have to explain myself 2-3 times - never had to do this on the old system. Seems time consuming and tedious.

Cons

Time consuming and tedious. Having to explain missing receipts like 2-3 times on each report. Also, I have to wait to mark expenses as reimbursable or not until the end.

Great Tool!

I've had a really great experience using all aspects of TriNet. They make all aspects of human resources easy for us as the end user. Not only is it easy to use, but customer service is excellent. I love getting to work with them!

Quick and Easy to use

I really like how quick it is to take a picture of a receipt and upload it into a expense report. You can also take pictures of multiple receipts and then finish the rest of your expense report at a later date.

Works for me

I've only used TriNet Expense twice so far, but haven't had any real issues with using it (aside from forgetting my password). It's been pretty intuitive for me to use but I've only submitted expenses through it and am not really sure what else it's used for. Incidentally, while I understand locking people out after multiple failed login attempts, I think that the lockout should reset after a certain period of time (maybe an hour or a day?). Just my two cents.

Cons

Thanks for your feedback, Sol. I'll share your suggestion on password lockouts with our product team!

Should You Use TriNet?

Good if your company was using nothing for HR accounting software--but TriNet has its own problems. Luckily they have good customer service.

Pros

Lots of coverage options and pretty well integrated with their insurance (primarily heathcare) options. Lots of other marketplace options for entertainment--but I don't use those.

Cons

Some inaccurate numbers for California payroll taxes--not sure why but TriNet had inaccurate numbers withheld on my paystubs. TriNet also becomes your "employer" which I am guessing is going to complicate your taxes a bit. Lacks 401K integration.

Love Trinet Expense. It's so much easier to use than any other expense app I've encountered. Super intuitive. Always a fan of Trinet's offerings.

TriNet

I havent had 1 problem with trinet. our company is till finding amazing tools given to use through your portal. Great Job!

Money Back Faster

I love that i can upload receipt images faster and allowing for my expense submissions to be done on time.

Love it!

the "take pictures of receipt" and submit is one of my favorite features. love the work you are doing, keep it up!

Cons

We selected ExpenseCloud over other solutions because of its ease of use, mobile applications, and seamless integration with NetSuite.

Pros

seamless integration with NetSuite

Easy to use Expense system

Since their latest upgrade, their expense reporting system is intuitive with a sleek design.