ExpensePoint Reviews

4.84/5 (213 reviews)

Tracy Harms

Fantastic Support

Reviewed 2018-10-11

Overall very good experience.

Pros
For the most part it's user friendly. On occasion when we do experience hiccups I know I can rely 100% on their support team - specifically Theresa. She responds quickly to any concerns that I have and will work closely with me or our team to to resolve any issues that may arise.

Cons
The software only allows one receipt per one transactions. For example, a hotel receipt may have accommodation - food - parking on 1 invoice, we like to break these transactions down - however, we cannot tie this 1 invoice to multiple transaction lines.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for ExpensePoint. I am pleased that everything is going well with your program and thank you for your great comments regarding our support. We certainly know how important it is to ensure that our clients receive the support that they need quickly. Thank you for comments about Theresa; I will certainly pass them along to her. Regarding your comments about attaching one receipt to one transaction I will have Theresa reach out to discuss this as we do have a split function that will allow you to split an expense which will then tie back all the splits to one single receipt. Finally, thank you for choosing ExpensePoint and for being our client; we really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Paul Ansloos - Vice President - Global Sales & Marketing.

Peter Studer

Reviewed 2015-01-15

Let me preface this review with the fact that I work for a small non-profit with about 55 employees. ExpensePoint works well as an expense reporting program. With the help of our customer service rep, I was able to setup our account code structure and approval chain. The account structure requires a sort of high level programing to assign certain departments different account codes and project numbers, etc. I don't come from an IT background, but I know my way around a computer, and I didn't have an issue setting this up with a little help from our customer rep. Our business assigns project codes to different account codes almost annually, so it can be a challenge to then go into ExpensePoint and change a bunch of the rules so staff can access the correct account codes. They could improve the account code chain setup and make it simpler to edit them. The approval chain will require some tweaking from time to time as the business structure changes, but is much easier to manage than the account structure. We also make use of the credit card integration so that our staff can create credit card expense reports in ExpensePoint. It was a bit of a challenge, but we were finally able to get Visa to give us the correct file type needed, and now it works flawlessly. We also have the reporting section of the program which allows us to run reports based on almost every input field in an expense report. ExpensePoint can also be integrated with accounting software, such as Financial Edge. I can't speak to how well that works, as we're still in the process of getting the two programs integrated. The only major issue we have had is that there is no way to file expense reports when they have been paid/ approved through the system. So, when I go into my account I still have old expense reports from 2012 sitting in my profile. If they could make it so that after the end of the year, every report dated 2014, for example, would go into a folder labeled 2014, it would really streamline the experience. This may be a minor complaint, but it is quite annoying. All in all, I would say that it's a solid program that does what we ask it to.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your great and very constructive feedback. Our team have been notified of your suggestions and will look at integrating them into future upgrades of ExpensePoint.

Thank you for being our customer.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Myrian Francisco

The software is very useful in the approval process and in monitoring status of our expense reports.

Reviewed 2018-05-31

The approval flow of our expense reports becomes faster and tracking becomes easier.

Pros
The software's accessibility is great. The monitoring capability is helpful. I also like it that we have the control on some portions on the set-up, such that we can already do some minor changes even without going to customer support.

Cons
- Some limitations on the reports that we can generate such that we cannot make reports based on what we info we need, we can only utilize the current available reports - there is no approver's capability to assign their replacement approver in case there is a need, without going to the customer support - there is no capability on tracking receipt by Accounting of the hard copy of receipts - some reports do not have an indicator on the report summary that receipts are attached to that report unless you looked at the expense summary

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Myrian,

Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint. It is great to know that ExpensePoint is helping your approval process and giving you greater accessibility. In regards to the limitations that you mention, firstly the Analysis reports. Although we have a very comprehensive list of over 36 reports and graphs, it is always nice to be able to create your own reports from scratch. I believe this feature may be added in the ExpensePoint system in the future.

As for the other points I believe we do have the solutions available in ExpensePoint and certainly for the receipt management comments. I have asked your Customer Relationship Manager Kelly to reach out to you to review these options with you.

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for being our client.

V.P. Global Sales & Marketing

Wade Easter

Expense Point

Reviewed 2019-08-07

Great tool for processing expenses and running reports. Charges derived from corporate credit cards are placed in user's profile which assists in creating a more accurate expense report. Employees appreciate the ease of use.

Pros
1) Easy to train employees on usage 2) Virtually eliminates the use of paper 3) Accessible 4) Good report writer 5) Great customer service

Cons
1) Timing out too quickly when idle 2) At times, having to switch browsers to log on

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Adam D. Smith

Exceptional Customer Service and Support

Reviewed 2019-04-29

We needed to find ways to capture some indisyncratic data so we could stage 4 different uploads based on the expense report type. Dealing with Theresa and her team was a dream when we were trying to make significant changes to our EP environment regarding data, report composition and customizations that would allow us or better ease in integrating data. She was extremely responsive and sent us data and reports almost immediately in most cases. She has a great attitude and was very patient with us, explaining things away. Her speed, knowledge and professionalism allowed us to make movement on a project very quickly and ahead of schedule. She is an asset to Expense Point and we really enjoyed working with her on our initiatives. Sincerely, Adam D. Smith Accounting & GP Consultant Sunz Insurance Company

Pros
Easy to use, simple GUI and immediat repsonse by support staff.

Cons
Wish it could directly integrate with MS Dynamics Great Plains

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

palmo natale

I am not very knowledgeable of the software so often I will call to for support. Support is good.

Reviewed 2018-02-16

Pros
After consulting with my AP group: increase in speed processing of expense reports by importing into our accounting system. Automated approval process. Manage sales TAX in different provinces. Generate valuable reports for income tax purposes for our sales managers. We like Theresa at customer service!

Cons
After consulting with my AP group: when importing into SAGE, date document after the import does not provide the actual range date of the expense report but actually the date it was imported. We have to go manually and adjust = inefficiency.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Palmo,

Thank you for your review of ExpensePoint. I appreciate your positive feedback and also your comments in the cons section. After reviewing this with our support team I believe we have a solution regarding adding date ranges for reports. I have asked your support manager Theresa to reach out to you regarding this and hopefully provide a solution that works. Thank you again.

Kindest regards,
Paul Ansloos - VP Global Sales & Marketing

Jamie Guidry

ExpensePoint has cut out much time for both the user keeping up their expenses and reconciling.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-09-20

Pros
From the beginning with one of the customer rep. in sales and her knowledge of the software, live webinar and correspondence were great. What she said they would do, they did. Even after the sale they answer the phone and emails promptly. The Support Team was very prompt on scheduling Webinar trainings with our employees both on individual and group basis. We knew going in, they didn't offer "OCR" / Read Receipt, but were working on it. No, it didn't come as soon as they were hoping, but they didn't give false hope either. Once they implemented "Read Receipt" and "Receipt Wallet" the notification, training and videos made it easy. This software is very user-friendly.

Cons
Only corporate credit cards automatically feed to the software. Limitations on customizing reports to company detail needs.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Jaime,

Thank you for your kind review of ExpensePoint. I am very pleased that the system has greatly reduced your teams time in managing and reconciling your expense reports. We are happy and privileged that you are our customer and look forward to continue to bring the very best in employee expense management.

Paul Ansloos - Director of Global Sales

David Lawson

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2015-03-19

We've been using ExpensePoint for over two years now and have been very happy. I do feel that the application has limitations on my end, even as and administrator, such as not being able to push through reports that are stranded with approvers who are not available. But my customer support representatives, Theresa Hicock and Eva Gao, have been absolutely phenomenal in helping me with problems that i cannot resolve on my end. They have consistently given me quick and helpful responses to any questions and i believe gone above and beyond to check my workflow setups to make sure i have done them correctly. While i think there are sometimes unecessary limitations in what an admin can do, the customer support is strong enough to make up for it.

Response from ExpensePoint

David, Thank you so much for your great review of ExpensePoint and feedback.; we really appreciate it. We will be adding additional features to ExpensePoint to allow for re-assignment of reports to get them pushed through more easily . Your support team had brought this feature to our attention and is now been added to our development queue. Thank you for being our customer.

Renee Hill

David Thompson was very prompt and efficient in explaining expense point.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
The convenience of the option of using an app. In addition, the accuracy of mileage due to google maps being attached.

Cons
Wish there was a feature to save the addresses. Due to the nature of my job. The addresses are used often.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Renee,

Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint and your feedback of our staff member David Thompson. I will certainly forward this on to him. As for your comment on the system saving addresses, I can see this being a great feature so I have added this request to our client 'Wish-List' which we review with our development services team on a regular basis, so hopefully this kind of feature can be added in the future. Thank you for being our client.

V.P. Sales & Marketing

Glen Distefano

Exceptional Expense Management System

Reviewed 2011-06-22

I highly recommend this product if you want a very easy product that is dynamic, easy to implement and very customizable. The support staff is fantastic and over the years have addressed all our concerns quickly and efficiently..

Pros
Expensepoint is one of the best expense management systems we have used. The best feature in my opinion in the ability to import directly from American Express. As a user with sometimes a hundred or so charges per month it makes my life much easier. The offline access is a huge plus as you can work virtually anywhere and sync your entries. Auto GL coding, Lockout Capability, Multi-Level Routing is a huge plus. Setup is a breeze as is adding users as needed.

Cons
Not many that I can think of. It would be nice to be able to scan a receipt and have the system OCR and capture the expense items. Also a one touch import from credit cards would be nice in the application rather than having to download and import.

Jaco Niemand

Feedback

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Overall experience has been very positive so far.

Pros
I can use the software from anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection. Can also get quick glance from your mobile phone.

Cons
It is a bit fiddly to install on Windows 10

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Jaco,

Thank you for your review of ExpensePoint. We really appreciate the feedback and comment. We have not experienced any issues to my knowledge with installations in Windows 10 however I have asked your implementation manager to reach out to you to find out what your experience was like so we can understand how it was fiddly for you to install.

Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint for your expense management system.

Paul Ansloos - VP. Global Sales & Marketing

Myrtelina Merino

A very useful tool that makes auditing and recording expenses a lot easier

Reviewed 2015-04-07

Expense Point provides a wide range of options to track, review and audit expenses while it also lets you do it almost form anywhere. Even though it has some technical issues from time to time, customer support is fast responsive to any issue you may address to them. A very god deal of the program is the option of generating all kinds of expense reports based on an ample selection criteria. I would only recommend that they should work towards modifying the Credit Card report files to let you upload credit card expenses including previously all the criteria and in an easier way ( no adding one by one to the report)

Response from ExpensePoint

Myrtelina, Thank you for your excellent review on ExpensePoint. I really appreciate all your comments and also your recommendation. I have passed along your recommendation to our development team and you can be sure that this feature will be added to a future update for the system. Thanks so much for being our client. We really appreciate it.

Jenny Sledge

PPG Administration review

Reviewed 2019-01-31

Overall, I have had no problems with it

Pros
I have no problems at all using the software....very easy to use

Cons
when you submit an expense and realize you need to recall it, you can't so you have to have it "declined" and a notice goes to the person of the expense and they get confused. Also, when it's declined, there isn't a reason as to why the expense was declined. It would be nice to have that addition.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Cara Gilhooley-howell

Reviewed 2016-12-21

Theresa is an absolute star! She has been patient, understanding, helpful and an all around Expense Point genius in helping us get our users (from multiple companies in multiple countries) all working successfully in EP. E-mail questions are usually answered in minutes and phone call response is phenomenal. The only con is the process to get receipts into EP which will be resolved once the OCR enhancement Is up and running.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Cara,

Thank you for you great feedback on ExpensePoint and your support team. I also agree that when the new OCR feature is launched which should be in Q1 2017 the process of adding receipts to the system will get much easier. We look forward to bringing this new enhancement to our clients. Thank you for being our client.

Cassie Hernandez

Great web-based system with superb customer service!

Reviewed 2015-03-25

The team at ExpensePoint works very hard to meet all of our company's needs, no matter how large or small they may be. They have fantastic customer service and it truly is appreciated. ExpensePoint offers a web-based system that allows our users the flexibility to use it anywhere. I would definitely recommend ExpensePoint to any company that has a need to track expenses. It has been a pleasure to work with ExpensePoint.

Response from ExpensePoint

Cassie, Thank you so much for writing this great review of ExpensePoint and your customer service team. We are very pleased that you are our client and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to maintaining our relationship you and Edgewood Partners Insurance long into the future.

Brooke Van Fossan

ExpensePoint is customizable and most functions are easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Pros
We were able to customize ExpensePoint to fit our needs and found the support team to be very responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons
Splitting transactions is a bit cumbersome. It would be great if we could split transactions from the initial window where a transaction is first entered or coded.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Brooke,

Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint. I am pleased that ExpensePoint was able to be customized and adapted to your company's needs. I appreciate your comments on the splitting of transactions. I will be forwarding your suggestion to our development team as we are always looking for better ways to accomplish tasks such as these. Thank you also for selecting ExpensePoint as your expense reporting tool. We appreciate you being our client.

Kind regards,
Paul Ansloos - Vice President, Global Sales & Marketing.

lynn turkington

IEM experience

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Pros
its easy to use, we have not got to downloading the event and event and balance owing on the budget so lets see

Cons
upload of receipts is rather slow and again until I see the event by event breakdown I cant really comment

Christine Marchuk

Excellent Service

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Pros
Easy to Read and attaching receipts. Easy to print reports in Google but it doesn't work in Internet Explorer

Cons
Would like a tutorial Setup and the functionally of the software since its some times hard to navigate.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Christine,

Thank you for your great review of ExpensePoint. Thank you also for the feedback In regards reports not printing in Explorer, this should not be an issue as we support all browsers and I myself use Explorer without issue. I have asked your Client Relationship Manager Kelly to reach out to you to see what the problem might be and to also make sure that you have all the available training videos. Thank you for choosing ExpensePoint, we appreciate you being our client.

Paul Ansloos - Vice President, Global Sales & Marketing

Jennifer Green

Reporting Help

Reviewed 2015-03-25

I needed some help in creating a report for all outstanding credit card transactions, once I explained my issue to ExpensePoint, they were more than happy to get me what I was requesting. We are still in the process of creating the report, but I can always count on immediate assistance when I need and am positive that the report will be ready for my company's use shortly. In any issue or question that we have, ExpensePoint is always quick to find a good and helpful solution.

Response from ExpensePoint

Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your review of ExpensePoint. We really value your input and comments. We are very pleased that you are our client.

Chris Bramlage

Reviewed 2014-10-07

We have been using Expense Point a few years now. I recently became an administrator after the retirement of one of my colleagues. I got into the tool more deeply and found a few sticking points that were QUICKLY resolved by expert support! What could have been frustrating became a pleasure. Thank you Theresa !

Response from ExpensePoint

Chris, Thank you for your rating of ExpensePoint. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent support. Also please let us know if there are ways for us to not only make your customer service 5 stars but also your user experience a full 5 stars :-)

Global Sales & Marketing

Michelle Schewe

Great Service!

Reviewed 2015-03-19

I am a new user this past year and am pleased with Expensepoint. I can create many reports, in various ways at the click of a button. Customer service is excellent. Any concerns or questions I have had are always answered promptly and in a professional and friendly manner!

Response from ExpensePoint

Michelle, Thank you very much for your time and giving us a great review of ExpensePoint and sharing your service experience. It's always great to hear from our clients and to read what they are saying about our service. We are indeed proud to have you as our client. Thank you!

Vicki Brackmann

Customer Service is wonderful.

Reviewed 2015-11-18

Every time I contact customer Service they return my email/call quickly. Every little question they answer with complete explanation. I have added many people recently and have needed support almost everyday.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Vicki,

Thank you for your comments regarding ExpensePoint. It is nice to see that you are receiving the support that you need and that our team is thorough especially as you continue to expand your roll-out. Thanks you so much for choosing ExpensePoint, and I can guarantee that you will always have the utmost in support.

Warmest regards,

Director of Global Sales

Mownica Anisetti

Sodastream Review of EP

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Less paper and easier for both users and approvers to use. Time saving, as well.

Pros
Less paper to print, easier to use, the app is very handy.

Cons
Difficult to get reports for accruals without having to pay extra for a customized software.

Response from ExpensePoint

Dear Mownica,

Thank you for your great feedback of ExpensePoint. I also appreciate your feedback regarding getting an accruals report. I will have one of our team members reach out to you to show you a report that would give you accruals listing by expense category. Thank you also for choosing ExpensePoint as your employee expense report solution.

Kind regards,
Paul Ansloos - V.P. Global Sales & Marketing.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Bob Ariano

ExpensePoint has helped streamline our processes

Reviewed 2015-03-31

After some initial "hiccups" in setting things up, the program is working well for us now and has streamline our expense process and reduced the time we spent on this area.

Response from ExpensePoint

Bob

Thank you so much for your review of ExpensePoint. I am really glad we were able to overcome any initial hiccups in your implementation and that we are now smooth sailing!

Kindest regards,

Gary Cawood

HMFC Review

Reviewed 2019-04-23

Training and support from their reps was outstanding. Both very understanding and patient. Communication was great with video hook-ups. Personalised training video adds a personal touch.

Pros
Visibility of expense dockets through receipt wallet. Visibility of authorisations - who is holding up authorisations

Cons
Printing - reports still very clumsy. Would like the option to remove headers etc so you can just print the section that you want

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10