Expensify Reviews - Page 2

I love Expensify!

Save tons of time for reviewing, approving and reimbursing to employees.

Pros

It saves employees a lot of time and hassle on doing the paper work including keeping the receipts. Employees only need to take a picture of the receipt and submit with their phone. It is easy and timely. If expenses are not submitted immediately, at least the scanned receipts are kept in Expensify for employees to submit anytime later. With the feature of the scanned receipts, no more keeping the stack of paper receipts!

Cons

Syncing Expensify with accounting software (Xero) in order to get a complete and updated customer list is not 100% there yet. A lot of times, we couldn't submit an expense marking billable because the customer is not available in the drop down window in Expensify. This requires accountants like us to do extra work in accounting software (Xero) to fix the entry.

Simple and Easy to Use Expense Tracking & Reimbursement Software

Overall, I'm satisfied. Expensify greatly reduced the time required to process and review staff expenses, both those charged on their own credit cards and corporate credit cards.

Pros

Easy to set-up and use. Requires minimal user (employee) training. Integrates well with our accounting platform, Xero. Love the corporate card integration function, which allows administrators to track pending translocation and overall management of the credit card account. Cost is fair.

Cons

Can improve on reporting/analytical capabilities of transactions processed via Expensify. Customer service is almost non-existent, have to rely primarily on community forums to troubleshoot.

Expensify is pretty good

Overall I think Expensify is a solid product but I do believe they would do well to add a lot of functionality from an administrator / accounting perspective.

Pros

I like the ease of loading receipts and drilling down into an expense report to find the data I need for accounting purposes. I like the user interface. It's extremely easy to add a new user and our new users never really have questions so I think the users find it easy to navigate. I love that it interfaces with our accounting software creating a seamless exchange of data once everything is set...

Cons

I think the product is lacking altogether in Reporting functionality. There's really not even a "Reports" module to speak of. You have to basically go in and pull your own data from the modules ...it makes everything feel clunky and unprofessional. It's also tricky to find what you need in settings, from an administrator perspective.

Super Easy to Use but Wish Quickbooks Integration Was Better

Use it to capture all expenses among our team. Works great on business trips. No more receipts stuffed into a suitcase on the way home. Does a good job of importing chart of accounts from Quickbooks. Easy to set rules (i.e. must have receipt for expenses above $25). Helpful having 4 options to add new expense - photo, email to Receipts@Expensify, upload receipt file, manually create. Great digital record capturing photos of all receipts. Nice to only pay per active user per month.

Pros

This is a great tool to capture your expenses. The interface is super easy to use--just taking a picture of a receipt and letting the tool fill in the necessary information.

Cons

Haven't been able to get the online version of Quickbooks to integrate with this, so our accountant still manually enters / uploads the expense report info every month

Very easy to use and provides an interesting experience

We choose paid software so that all our financial activities are encrypted and not just anyone can open them. Apart from this interesting expensify software, our company data is stored safely and can only be used by professionals in our company.

Pros

During using this software, I learned more and more about how easy it is to manage company finances. Just by taking a photo, all data will be processed automatically. At first, I was very skeptical about buying it, but after I tried being recommended by my friend, I finally decided to buy it. Since then my thinking has changed 180 degrees.

Cons

The form of reports varies from country to country. Likewise, reporting standards in Indonesia are not the same as those often used in the US. I see the results of the reports made by Expensify are less professional. But no problem, this can be done manually by our team. Besides, it's free.

Best expense tool

Expensify has made our expense reporting so much more simplified and saved everyone so much time.

Pros

Expensify is in my opinion the best expense option on the market. It is so easy to use and makes expense reports a breeze.

Cons

Not really anything I dislike about expensify, but what I like the least, is I wish the software was a little smarter and able to match expenses if the receipt date is a day or two off from the billing date.

Superb cloud expense reporting

Pros

Expensify has made everything regarding expense reporting easier. Snap photos of receipts. Auto scan them for information. Connect credit card or bank accounts to automatically draw data for expense reports. Submit to multiple approvers. Get immediate responses. And Expensify continues to develop and support the product very well. We have recommended Expensify to many other organizations like ours.

Cons

Sometimes the connections to financial accounts break. And I'm notified of the fact. I have to notice it myself and wish there were an automated notification.

I WOULD NOT FUNCTION WITH OUT THIS APP!!!

My life is easier, I don't have to hang on to receipts that lose their ink. And it automates everything. I love it!

Pros

My favorite function of this app is that I simply take a photo of my receipt and it inputs EVERYTHING. It inputs the name of the place the receipt is from, the amount of money, and the date on the receipt. It's so simple! It even transfers my receipts from British pounds to US dollars automatically for me when I'm traveling. Or Canadian, or any other country I'm in. It does the conversion for me. Everything is automated. My life is so much easier, and I don't have to carry any receipts around with me. The other favorite thing is that once I'm ready to send a report in, it can be for the month, or a specific trip, or what ever, it emails the entire report broken down into categories for me in a PDF file with the receipt photos attached in the PDF. BOOM!

Cons

Great app for tracking expenses

Overall, I would highly recommend this app for anyone who needs to keep track of expenses. It simplifies the process and makes keeping track of receipts so easy. I don't pay for the monthly fee because I don't have enough to track, and an option to buy it outright might be nice for someone like me, but if I had a lot to track I can see the low monthly fee be a worthwhile expense.

Pros

It's simple, easy and keeps me organized. I am not naturally organized (I would just as soon throw a receipt out as try to remember to keep it and then submit it to my office) and so I have to intentionally work at it. This app makes it quick and easy. You take a pic and add some info and it's done. I don't pay the monthly fee because I don't have that much to track, but if you do I would think it's well worth the money. It breaks your expenses down into manageable categories and works offline if needed. If you need help staying organized or just want less paper to keep track of then I would recommend this app.

Cons

There really isn't anything about this app that I dislike. It does what it's supposed to do and it does it very well. Maybe if it integrated with my phone camera so when I take a picture of a receipt it automatically gives me the option to import it into Expensify? Maybe that's a pipe dream...

Absolutely a joy to use

Expensify makes it easy for employees to submit timely reimbursements, whether from their phones or the browser. On the other side, Expensify also makes it very easy for the expense administrator to approve reports.

Pros

The UI is so snappy and intuitive to use. Uploading receipts, finding what category to use, finding out if your expense is over budget--the UI tells you all exactly where you expect it.

Cons

This isn't inherent to the product itself, but I found customer support difficult to deal with. When I ran into a bug where the reports I had previously submitted disappeared, I had to wait a few days before they got back to me via email and their first question was basically "are you sure you had submitted them before?"

Reliable and rewarding!

- Expense tidying up - Categorize according to projects, events etc. - Everything centralized - Ability to handle expenses with other team members

Pros

We have been using Expensify for over a year now and I can say that it we have been pleased more or less. I really like the fact that you are given the ability to manage your expense and categorize according to how detailed you really need it. In addition, the joint report of all expenses is neat and easy to manipulate. I would say that it is quite user friendly once you get familiar with it (you do need a few times to use it in order to get a full handle on it). The app is a strong point as well.

Cons

Nothing too bad about it. Sometimes it cannot process as quickly as I desire especially when uploading pdf files. Subsequently I have had to log out and log in again to reset it in a sense. Other than that I would say it is a rather solid service.

I've used Expensify as an administrator and user and have benefitted greatly in both aspects!

Pros

I find that as a user, the interface is very user friendly and easy to use. I can simply upload receipts and add comments to my expenses. I find it is also easy as an administrator to reject expenses and add comments as to why they were rejected. So easy to use!

Cons

The only thing that is hard is that a report won't allow me to add an expense to it in the app. The expense needs to be added first before it can be added to the report, which is hard. Also, it would be nice to make expenses for distance in the app. Perhaps I am able but just don't know how. If so, it could be helpful to make this feature easier to use.

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that we are helping making your job easier, both as an admin and an end user :) In regards to distance expenses, you can definitely create this via mobile if you click the (+) button located in the top right corner of the mobile app on the Expenses or Inbox tab. To add an expense to a report on the app, simply click into a report and you should be directed to a window with a (+) button in the top right corner. Click that to add a new expense to the report. Hope this helps, thanks again for using Expensify!

The best solution I have found for the retaining and coding of receipts!

Pros

This is the best software/app I have used to date to manage employee expenses. As an accountant, there is a constant struggle to get employees to retain and code their receipts; Expensify makes it easy for both! The receipt matching and scanning functionality has really impressed me as well. Take a picture of your receipt, and, most of the time, it will auto-match to the corresponding transaction. Another great feature is that Expensify will generate audit-able receipts for certain small transactions.

Cons

Expensify's per user pricing can be a large deterrent depending on company size. A bulk pricing option would be much more tantalizing for larger and even mid-size companies.

Expenses made easy.

Overall Im happy. They have a powerful app and uploading expenses is quick and effective. The app is decent so saves you having to use the web client. Overall it does what you need it to do, but theres some advanced functions that Expensify is missing that its competitors have (Listed above). I would recommend this vendor if you want speed and simplicity, but if you are interested in the more advanced functions and automation then its worth having a look at competitors first.

Pros

- Very easy to upload receipts - Handy email reminders - Variable options for tax which helps when working internationally - Options to retract submitted expenses to correct mistakes without waiting for them to be declined by financing teams

Cons

- The receipt scan function is slow, to the point where everyone within our teams choses to manually upload the receipt info. This is fine as it doesn't take long but it makes the scan option pointless. - No geotagging to show location of your purchases, such as you see in Monzo/Revelout/Stirling bank etc. - Occasional software crashes, quite a minor complaint as you simply re-launch the app and continue - No way to automatically link into a bank card, so your expenses don't automatically upload - This would be such a game changer! - No total expenses viewable on app, you can see the total value of each individual claim but if you want to see how much you have claimed over the week/month/year you need to manually add them up.

Affordable and Convenient , yet I plan to leave expensify

it is worth trying. but unlike even a year ago the competition is finally offering similar features for similar pricing.

Pros

due to popularity it is easily assesable and offered many ways to upload an expense. I like how unlike most app/software companies gets it as they make if affordable and capture the biggest marketshare.any companies think their software is be get tham it is and is cost prohibitive or have user minimums which usually are not applicable for small business. I love how they are one of the few to offer personal credit card integration feeds. Believe it or not most do not and actually expect us to upload statements

Cons

buggy at times, doesn't transition from mobile to desktop or we based version. mobile app.has far less ability. mostly if fails at the main purpose, saving me time. every months nearly every expense is duplicated, failing to match itself to the credit transactionnand this takes forever to fix. It only sycs properly to the credit transaction if the receipt photo is taken from then app. if you try to upload screenshots? email you invoiced and use the ios "Sent too function" it duplicates the transaction..tech support actually told me to wait for the bank before uploading the receipt. This eliminated the entire point of the product.

Expensify overcharges for their "Corporate" platform and becomes useless once your bank feed breaks.

Was ok and saved time, before it broke.

Pros

Ease of launch, mobile app works decently well. Onboarding support was decent, but sadly short-lived. They still offer monthly pricing. If you're tempted to try their Corporate or higher plan, DO NOT sign on to their annual pricing plan, see below for why.

Cons

Google "expensify known issues". Review the list of the corporate cards that they don't support. Be aware that they are not disclosing the many other corporate cards that their platform doesn't support. If you're lucky enough to use one of the corporate cards that they are currently supporting, be aware that their connection to your bank feed can break at any time. Generally, this will happen after...

Hi there, thank you for leaving your feedback! I apologize for the issues you've run into but definitely want to clarify a few things: Re: corporate card connections. Bank connections may break for any variety of reasons, including (but is not limited to) bank maintenance, connection issues, changes in usernames/passwords, and more. Unfortunately most of these are out of our hands, but we do keep...

Expense reports made easy!

I'm not kidding when I say I recommend this product to EVERYONE! When I give people nonprofit management advice this is at the top of my list. Great experience with this product and fast and effective customer service!

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly and makes expense reports a breeze, no more saving receipts on long trips or doing paperwork. I love that it syncs with your card/bank and automatically brings in the expenses and gets smarter as you set categories so the longer you use it the easier expense reports become. I've only used the expense reports side of things so I can't speak to the other services they offer. But 10 out of 10 would recommend this product, also VERY affordable and you can have on your computer, tablet & phone makingit so easy to use!

Cons

There are times my card/bank becomes unsynced. And it may only be a week at a time. This has happened a handful of times to me in the past 4+ years so not a deal breaker but just something to be aware of. The customer service is always yuck to fix whatever issue though :)

Super easy expense tracker for business, reimbursement, or personal

Helped me track my travel, business and personal expenses

Pros

Expensify is extremely easy to use. You simply take a picture of your receipt or invoice and it digitally reads the receipt, figuring out what it is for, the amount, the payment method, and the merchant. It's not always perfect at doing this, but it's usually pretty accurate. You can create "buckets" so you can keep your expenses separated by type, so if you need one for your work and one for your...

Cons

As I mentioned, the automatic detection feature is not always 100% accurate; some manual editing is sometimes required. Also, I've had some issues with the app freezing or the camera not working. Overall though, it manages to take most of the pain out of expense tracking.

I used this product when I was a remote worker for a startup

Quick reimbursement, ease of use, instant upload of receipts.

Pros

I used to hate doing my expenses because the paperwork was overwhelming. Everything about this tool is great--I can upload receipts instantly and assign a client and project to it. I'm always aware of the status of my reimbursement. It also is great for international travel, converting currencies. I get reimbursed quickly, which leads me to believe that the reporting is organized and easy to approve.

Cons

There aren't many cons that I can think of, as I used it for submitting expenses only. If you have any issues, you can get a direct response through email and phone.

Smart Solution for all kinds expense reimbursement and reporting.

I have been using this software tool from 2014 to till now. So, I am used to submitting all of my company expenses via Expensify weekly based. It's really helpful and amazing tools who saved my times and make my all financial reimbursement process easy and simple. There is some issues, bugs and updating with longtime issues which are really frustrating. I hope Expensify team will improve this matter soon.

Pros

1. Simple, anyone can easily operate this app/website without having pre-training 2. Website Design, useful tools to create reports are really great. 3. Report generate, modify is pretty simple and smart AI system to rectify any man-made error. 4. Controlling and distrubuting reports to multiple label of Finance and Accounts are highly streamlined.

Cons

1. Sometimes I lost the entire report without seeing its update. Still has some serious bugs. 2. Hang up and not working too long time to come back to online during website updating or ease issue. 3. AI for auto creating reports and manually input data are mismatching and annoying.

Upload receipts and easily generate expense reports

Simple expense reporting software with automatic tagging OCR for receipts

Pros

My favourite feature is by far the receipt scanning ability. Whenever I travel abroad for business, I come home with a handful of receipts as I don't have a corporate credit card (I do not travel frequently enough). Taking photos of all of my receipts and dragging them into expensify saves me a tonne of time. I've also heard from colleagues that there are features to integrate with taxi/uber apps so...

Cons

I find the the IA of the app confusing. I use the software only every month or so, and I am always confused by the fact that there are expenses, and then there are reports... so sometimes it takes me a while to realise where to go to submit my expenses. When not in the context of a business trip, I often have adhoc expenses for things, and so it feels weird not to be able to submit these without generating a report to put them in. Perhaps it is a business process feature, but it is definitely a stumbling block for me every time.

Expense Tracking Made Easy

Expensify has made tracking expenses easier than ever. It saves me time and stress, and I know no money is being left on the table.

Pros

Expense tracking is typically a grueling experience. Everything from keeping track of expenses, to avoiding mistakes when reporting them is a headache. Expensify is the only thing I've used which actually makes the expense process enjoyable. The GPS mileage capture and automated reimbursement features are amazing, and everything else about the platform makes tracking expenses easier than ever before. Fixing the expense process is no small feat, but Expensify has made it extremely intuitive and pleasant.

Cons

The interface can take a little while to get used to, but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite simple.

Breathtakingly Simple Expenses

Expensify comprehensively solved expense reporting, approval, and categorization!

Pros

Expensify is what expense management should be - simple, fast, and effective at doing the job. It has tons of bells and whistles to improve the experience, including mobile support, automated scanning, and categorization. Adoption on the technology is also simple - chances is, it's much easier than whatever else you are currently using!

Cons

The only con comes in getting people to fully adopt the software, and that is due more to culture. Diligence in picking the right categories, submitting expenses on time, and submitting all expenses is just hard. Expensify does make the experience much easier with things like the mobile app and automatic scanning, but be prepared to reinforce your policies.

Good for having employees submit expenses

While it is easy to forget steps, you will be automatically reminded in your email to ensure you are taken care of. There is some room for error.

Pros

I like that you can add a lot of details to your expenses. (Titles, depts, receipts, etc.) If you forget anything (submitting, approving, adding bank account etc) the concierge will send you an email to remind you.

Cons

It seems to be a bit confusing to some of my employees. I do explain as best I can but sometimes when people submit their reports, instead of going to me, it goes to our account owner. It’s also not obvious that you have to select “reimbursable” to have your funds go to you. It’s also not obvious that you have to create a report and submit after you generate expenses.

Best tool to track my expenses

I am now able to track my expenses and mileage in one location and have an overall better tracking and organizational management of each item.

Pros

As a personal trainer, I spend a lot of items out of pocket and travel that needs to be reimburse. Expensify is one of the best software I’ve used to track each item for reimburse or to write off on my taxes each year. My favorite feature is that I can take a picture of my receipt on my phone and upload it to my expenses, as I tend to lose my receipts!

Cons

I have not encountered any issues within the past year of using Expensify.