Expensify Reviews - Page 4

An Easy Way to Track Your Expenses

Overall, the experience is pretty good. I was using something else and that stopped being developed, so now I use this and I will likely not be switching because I didn't find anything better in the "freemium" realm of products that do this.

Pros

Expenses come in and need to be accounted for. You need a quick and easy way to get them out of your inbox, wallet, credit card statement, etc. and onto a cloud platform. So, in short, Expensify does what it's purports to do: it tracks expenses. There are also a lot of other features that I don't use, so it likely can be as robust as you want it to be. I use my account very simply. It's nice, too, to be able to track mileage.

Cons

I think there are too many clicks required to get to the entering. It's easy enough and quick enough, but it could be easier and quicker. I would like there to be a more simplified interface for people that don't need to use all the bells and whistles.

This is a Required App for Those who Travel or are Accountable for their Business Expenses

I was first introduced to this software while working for another company. We were expected to use it for all of our expenses and submit our reports with it each month. It made this process so simple and frankly, I would have lost track of my expenses if I hadn't had it. I loved it so much I continued to use it when I started my own business. It makes accounting for your expenses extremely easy.

Pros

It's super easy to track your receipts during travel or at anytime really. You just scan your receipt with your smartphone, enter the amount, choose the account or category and you're good to go.

Cons

There isn't anything bad to say about this software. It works great and saves so much time and frustration because you are tracking everything as you go, while you are thinking about it.

The easiest way to manage and code expenses

Easy to use, a little bit of effort to implement, average on support.

Pros

The mobile app version makes expensify the easiest way to manage and code company expenses. Our company card holders were able to be trained on expensify in one 15 minute training session, and never had to ask for help or support internally.

Cons

It took some time to set up and integrate with our ERP (Netsuite). We also had an issue with Bank of America that was hard to navigate, but we found out that it wasn't on Expensify's side.

Excellent and very convenient too

I have been using Expensify for years now. Find it very simple to use (I mainly use it from the mobile) and can export the data easily (which I do from my laptop)

Pros

It is very simple to use. Can be customised and you can export the data very easily which makes it awesome. Also the mobile client is perfect for sales people who are on the move.

Cons

Nothing much. I am very happy with the product

A MUST for mobile record keeping!

fantastic, time saver, syncs with our existing financial management tools very easily.

Pros

Easy to keep track of expenses while on the go, mileage, receipts. Integrates with accounts in a couple of clicks. Very simple, user friendly!

Cons

There's not a button that reaches out to grab our employees to make them actually DO these simple steps to keep perfect records while on the move.

Straightforward Expense System

Very positive. It's a very easy to use expense system. I access the system often to make sure my expenses are complete with correlated information and receipt attachment. I can quickly populate details on the move.

Pros

I access Expensify on a regular basis both on my work laptop and mobile phone (via app). Due to my company's expense policy, it's key to keep tabs on various monthly expenses and ensure they are submitted in a timely manner. Via the mobile app, I add expenses throughout work travel to ensure everything in captured along the way. This way, I avoid missing anything as well as avoid the last minute scramble to submit. To further optimize, I plan to directly link my business-dedicated credit card to have seamless integration.

Cons

The smartscan is quite slow to read receipt pictures and tends to hold up process. Therefore, I usually manually submit each of my expenses.

Expensify

Company wide uniform Expense tracking. The benefit we realized is that with Expensify we can streamline generating and processing expense reports.

Pros

Expensify is a great tool for keeping track of business expenses, whether your dining out, traveling, or paying for a place to stay. Expensify has features that makes this process easy. Expensify streamlines data entry with smart capture capabilities. Customizable tags so users can categorize expenses in a way that makes sense to them. Also, can visually see the cost breakdown on your dashboard. ...

Cons

Usually, with a product with many features, the likely problem is usually that the UI is a little hard to use at first. There is a learning curve to the product. Sometimes I have issues with the smart scan but that could be caused by my cell phone camera.

Submit reports easily with Expensify

Pros

Great tool for submitting expenses. Pretty easy and intuitive to use, the interface is built the way and it gives hints and tips where/what to fill. I also love the view when you can see all submitted resorts and their status, moreover, email notifications make it easy to always stay up-to-day about any changes made to your report. Another great thing is that you can use it on desktop as well as on your mobile phone, make document photos/scans in a ​couple of seconds and attach them to the report.

Cons

It would be better if "Generate PDF" and "Add documents" would have the icons that clearly show​ the functions, faced a couple of times with the issue when I need to attach the file, but clicked "Generate PDF" button instead

Good product, non-existent support

The tool is good, but tech support and actual customer service is so lacking that we switched tools.

Pros

The product is good. It's flexible, easy for users to adopt, and it's available on multiple platforms.

Cons

We have had two issues over time that have required tech support from Expensify. Both times the issues were ultimately not resolved. The company has tried to automate tech support in a way that eliminates the ability to talk to an actual person. Ultimately, we decided to migrate away from Expensify to a platform that provides better support.

Look no further! The right expense app is HERE!

Pros

I love the ability to manage all of my expenses on the go. No more shoving receipts into my pockets with the hope that I will be able to find them later. Quickly snap images of all expenses and have the application automatically add the info into a personalized expense report.

Cons

None to list! This product is amazing. Keep it up Expensify!

Makes life so easy

I love Expensify I take care of a bunch of IT guys and to explain when they are new on how to do things right they catch on and makes life easy

Pros

that I can type in multiple receipts at the same time, that travel is easily documented

Cons

that it gets confused on why I am sending something to be approved to another person other than my normal person

Expensify: An Expense Manager

Pros

Expensify is an expense manager application used to manage expenses in between a group of individuals or a single person. It's a perfect travel/living expenses app. People can add the screenshot of the bill and the software do rest of the things.

Cons

It's although a pretty nice software but it take some time to become use to of it.

Keep your expenses in check with Expensify

I recently have tried to simplify my life by not having a traditional wallet and just using a phone case to store my essential cards and some cash. I used to have many receipts in my wallet and now I didn't have anyway to store them until I reconciled my accounts. Expensify helps me capture screen shots of my receipts, enter in the info from the receipts and then create reports of my expenses. It's a great way to keep your finances in check.

Pros

I like the fact that there is an app as well as an online website so I can track my expenses on the go or in the office. Online storage of receipts is nice too.

Cons

Marking the receipts as closed is kind of difficult unless they are added to a report. It could be a user error on my part.

Makes expense management easy with my company!

The overall experience has been quite good. I am expecting more features from Expensify though

Pros

1. The best thing I like about Expensify is it's smart scanner. If forward a bill or receipt to expensify, it will automatically scan it and create an expense for me, by filling the amount and the vendor. It also attached the bill email as attachment in the expense. That makes my life a lot easier! 2. The next best thing I love about Expensify is it's rules. When I create an expense, I can create a rule out of it. Next time if a similar expense comes up, the rule will be used to populate the required fields. This leads to me typing almost nothing. Just mouse clicks 3. It also warns me about duplicate receipts of sorts and asks me to review it! 4. It makes sure I am following the policy rules while creating expenses or reports, and gives me a warning and an error about it

Cons

1. The smart scanner takes a lot of time to actually scan the emails I send. It does scan it in sometime, but I would like it to be quicker, rather than loading for so much time. 2. The suggestions feature in the expense section is not good. The suggestions search exactly based on what I type and look for prefixes. Instead I expect the search to be a fuzzy search, as it's tough for me remember the correct option to choose without knowing the name.

Great software

Great software for expenses, I would recommend it to everyone who is looking for new app

Pros

It gives you the ability to easily submit your expenses using mobile app where you can take photo of the receipt and just submit it in few minutes.

Cons

I didnt found any issues with this software so far so there is no much to say in here for me. Great app

I have loved my experience with expensify. It has streamlined my receipts and expenses process.

Pros

I love the ability to track EVERYTHING, from receipts to mileage to credit cards, all in one place. The online access is fantastic for business trips. I no longer have to wait until I'm home to calculate and input incurred expenses.

Cons

The fact that the reports need to be submitted and approved is probably very helpful in most businesses, but in the church, as the pastor, I use it for personal accountability so that I have records if needed and to have them for tax purposes.

Great Software for Managing Receipts

Expensify is great for the basic management and processing of receipts on a daily or monthly basis.

Pros

I love that I am able to manage all receipts and put them in the correct accounts. This helps when entering receipts for a bank reconcile. I also love the ease of attaching receipts by many different methods. My favorite is the drag and drop method.

Cons

The software can be a bit difficult to navigate when the receipts are older. You can't go back and edit past mistakes easily.

No more wasting time filling out expense reports

Pros

Able to add expenses on the spot just by taking a picture of the receipt on your phone, or forwarding an email receipt. Also the ability to add mileage daily.

Cons

The smartscan function is not always correct or intuitive. Double check totals and names of businesses against receipt. Also the smartscan function can lag.

Expensify -expense report tracker

I would recommend expenisfy especially for business use and history of your expense record to be able to access your history quickly and conveniently.

Pros

This is an expense tracker. I use this to track expenses by taking a picture of my receipt's whether it is for groceries, gas, business purposes. This keeps everything organaized by date and keeps the pictures of the receipts for a detailed history.

Cons

Nothing specifically I have experienced with Expensify thus far. I have even have contacted customer service and they have replied back professionally and quick it didn't even take a full 24 hours to respond and I am not too familiar why I even had to contact there support but it was something not too important to address either way the issue was fixed and their customer service was fast and reliable while providing professional customer service and care.

Expensify

Terrible customer service with no indication they will be putting effort in to make changes.

Pros

Easy to use and works in conjunction with TSheets, which our company LOVES. TSheets is easy & has phenomenal customer service!!

Cons

They do not have a customer service priority in the company. They do not have a phone number and indicate they only provide support online (the support I received was via email- I don’t even see that live chat is an option). They can’t be bothered with immediately resolving their issues and work via delayed emails. we are trying to get through a busy time with them and will look to switch to a customer service friendly company.

Not a single moment of discomfort for a very long time.

My company asked me to try on my business trips, and to my surprise it took a weight from my shoulders. Trust me, there is a HUGE difference between reporting bills right here and now, and filling report after the trip. It is easy to forget what was this particular bill, whether you already reported it, and what if you just lost some bills? Never ever. I still tend to keep the bills until expenses are approved though and can't stop thinking may be I should stop. Many thanks to developers for making such a great product.

Pros

Most important thing: you got billed - you report it with app. This simple, right here and now you make a photo, and you are done! It picks the currency, expense right from the photo of the bill. Can't take a photo - no problem, expense may be filled manually. It doesn't seem to affect the mobile phone battery, it doesn't nag you with popups or unwanted ads (I can't express how much I hate it when paid application starts to throw additional promotions). The structure of application is easily understandable.

Cons

Can't point my finger on anything worth mentioning. May be, just may be the bill recognition could take a little less time. I had a case when it took about two days. Still it is quite good.

Expense Reports that Don't stink

Expense reporting has historically been a major pain point for employees. Several have commented that expense reporting can sometimes take an entire morning or afternoon to complete. Expensify, more than any other benefit, saves our employees valuable time. Whether adding receipt images, uploading files, or adding new expenses, Expensify takes the pain out of expense reporting. And that's not an easy thing to do!

Pros

Expensify's tagline, 'Expense Reports that Don't stink' tells you everything you need to know! I've used a variety of expense reporting system and Expensify is by far the best. With a phenomenal mobile app and simple integration options to link credit cards, Expensify actually makes creating and modifying expense reports a snap. And, with a super modern, responsively designed interface, it's easy for anyone to create new reports, add new expenses, and view and print existing reports.

Cons

It would be nice if there was an ability to see additional reporting regarding spending habits or the ability to see reports based on expense types, such as travel or food and beverage.

Great customer service and quality product

Pros

Their customer service is some of the best I've ever seen. Any time we've had a problem (which wasn't often), they have always been very responsive and have resolved the issue quickly.

Cons

I do wish there were a few more features that could possibly integrate into our accounting software a little bit better.

Expensify increasing cost!

Pricing with no explanation!

Pros

I like the functionality and availability of the app.

Cons

The price has steadily gone up each month. I have tried to get an answer why and cannot talk to a live person of get a clear pricing schedule.

Ok for personal expenses

Pros

The app helps track expenses on a daily basis. It also helps make claims on a corporate level. The app is user friendly and light weight

Cons

The app need integration with many corporate systems so that it's easier for reimbursement. Personal expenses can be tracked but they obviously do not get reimbursed