Expensify Reviews - Page 7

Expensify is decent for what it does but a product I'd ever recommend

It saves me time with my receipts and allows me to get reimbursed quickly, but this isn't a company I'd ever want to support. I wish my company would drop them.

Pros

Expensify has some cool things about it. It's pretty quick and easy to submit receipts for expenses and the approval process is easy. It's simple to add receipts and get everything compiled into one report for reimbursement.

Cons

I don't like that it's not always simple to add multiple receipts to one expense. Sometimes one is missing a date so I need to also include a card statement screenshot and adding the supporting documents doesn't appear within the report like I'd like them to. I also wish there was a better way to add comments to the expense itself rather than the chat-like thread within the report. I also have never...

Expensify Simplifies

Our whole team has had a very positive experience with Expensify. There was no training necessary, and it's satisfied exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

The best features about expensify are the ones that make it so user-friendly. Taking photos of receipts and attaching them is very easy, as is the approval process.

Cons

It's not as easy as it could be when it comes to reviewing expense reports from a long time ago, but I haven't encountered other systems that are easier.

Expensify - Great variation of tracking options in a well designed interface

Pros

The interface was clear and concise. Intuitive features for compartmentalizing personal, work project, or entirety of work travel expense tracking (personal + company).

Cons

Some confusion regarding the ability to delete or remove previously filed reports which no longer are valuable to user interface (now tracked via work email correspondence). Seems the only way to 'delete' previous reports (aka grouped singular expenses relating to dates or project), is by filtering them out. Some may prefer a cleaner 'deleted' organizational method, but the same can be achieved though filtering exclusively.

Best expensing tool I've ever used

Pros

It's hard to pick, but I think the ability to add photos of receipts and edit them later is my favorite. Also great is the ability to link credit cards and have expenses auto-file.

Cons

Not much here, but sometimes the load times can be a bit slow when the system is scanning the receipt.

Great tool for keeping track of expenses and reporting

I have been using the free version of expensify and it allows me to upload images of my expenses and create reports. These reports can be send to accounts payable and they will receive a pdf with copies of the receipts. You can use the app to take a picture with your phone and upload it to your account. The smart scan feature works well but sometimes misses information on the receipt. That is not a big thing though because you can easily change and add information.

Pros

Flexibility, richness in free version

Cons

smart scan

Awesome, thank you so much for the awesome review, Nevlynn!

Gets the job done, has occasional glitches.

Pros

It's a relatively organized way to getting expense reports created, categorized and submitted. I enjoy the ability to break things down into different policies which helps when we have one-off events. I also like that you can adjust the approver when a different department needs to be billed.

Cons

It has the occasional glitch which isn't a deal breaker but it is annoying. We will try and add an expense and it will essentially freeze, and the page needs to be refreshed.

Expensify Review

Pros

I really liked the ease of use, it makes it easy to track where your expenses are, how to create a report and even when a report has been approved. Its easy and effective for all the company members to track our expenses and/or even cost save.

Cons

Billing - I feel billing should be more flixible in regards to different plans depending on use. And I would also like that there would be US and Eu integration for the team abroad.

Great expense tracking app

Overall, Expensify is a really simple way to track expenses and stay on track with budgets.

Pros

Expensify is a great, simply tool to help you keep track of expenses for your business and makes balancing the credit card statements each month really easy.

Cons

Expensify will occasionally sign me up for pro features without my knowing and then bill me for using it without me entering in a credit card. The free features are all I need for tracking expenses.

Awesome Expense Report Managing Tool

Pros

Very easy to use. I travel internationally for work and often have expenses in foreign currencies, Expensify does a great job with exchange rates/conversions. I use Lyft business for transportation and I can easily import receipts into the app. The mobile app is great for uploading receipts. I also expense distance (miles) and Expensify makes that very simple. My expense reports are reviewed and approved quickly thanks to this tool, I love getting email notifications that let me know if my report was approved or not and if my money is on its way. It's very easy to tie in your bank account and get direct deposit for your reimbursements.

Cons

I have had issues with the mobile app being slow, sometimes I have a hard time editing the name on reports. Small buggy things but nothing too bad.

Snap and go

Overall, it's easy to use. I enjoy the email notifications telling me when I have expenses that need reviewing and coding. It's also nice to be able to click multiple items and edit them all at once.

Pros

I love that I can take a picture of a receipt in the app and it will auto match it to the charge when it appears in my inbox.

Cons

I hate that smart scanning takes SO long. It also tries to guess how you will code something based on previous coding history but it is almost always wrong in my case.

Expensify: The Ultimate Financial Poductivity Tool!

Just an awesome app. It saved me and my employees a lot of time and effort.

Pros

The convenience and the time it saved me counts a whole lot.

Cons

They introduced a paid plan. It's Worth it.

Great user experience

It was a great experience! Meanwhile I moved to a startup, that doesn't use Expensify and every time I need to fill in the excel form with my expenses I miss Expensify. I really recommend it!

Pros

Expensify is really easy to use and VERY convenient. My favorite feature is that as soon as you get the expense receipt you can take a picture of it and the app reads all the necessary information (value, issuing company, date, etc.), then you just need to add some minor details like the category, or the people associated with that expense (if more people than yourself).

Cons

There's nothing I'd point really bad. What I could point as an improvement is the time it takes to "read" the picture of the receipt, but most of the times it's not an issue, you just take the picture and close the app, it'll be completing the job on the background.

Amazing solution to keep track of business expenses

In my opinion I have not seen any other expense management software as complete as this one.

Pros

Ability to keep track of mileage /expenses and to automatically generate and submit reports. The solution can be used directly on your cell phone or through its web site. Allows to log receipts by taking pictures of them.

Cons

The option to scan receipts by taking a picture of them is slow and takes too much time to upload and process. The results are not always accurate.

Helpful for client expenses

Pros

I love the SmartScan feature, as well as the ability to categorize what kind of expense each is. Additionally, it helps that both thumbnails and larger scans are available for receipts. The client can decide how much detail he/she needs.

Cons

I wish there were more than 10 free receipt scans, or at least a light version of the subscription. I often use it about 15-20 month, more than the 10 I'm allocated for free but not enough to justify purchasing.

Expensify Simplifies Expense Reimbursements

We are saving time on expenses and we are able to spend more time serving customers. it makes perfect sense!

Pros

I love that Expensify enables the picture taking to create the expense and interpret what that picture says. That is software saving me time versus having to manually enter things like many expense reimbursement apps.

Cons

I believe you should be able to edit expenses even if it is not on a report. Editing should be available no matter what the context.

Expensify Review

Pros

The website is very intuitive and I've found it very simple to submit expenses. Creating a report is very easy, and the site allows me to include the expenses I've uploaded very easily to my report. I also like that if I have a report that has a lower dollar amount, I can receive the reimbursement by the next day.

Cons

I don't like how long it may take for a report with a higher dollar amount to hit my bank for reimbursement. Sometimes it is inconvenient for cash flow.

Expensify Review

We will likely proceed with a subscription, which involved a small monthly fee per user. It's a straightforward system and very budget friendly.

Pros

We are in a trial period currently, and find the software fairly simple to use. that the fee per user is reasonable.

Cons

No specific negatives on the software itself, though we wish we could centralize the approval part on our Slack system.

Not for Amex Business card users - run!

We needed to track our employees expenses. It worked fine for a while. Now, each new Amex business card doesn't integrate (we can't complete the log in process through expensify) so the charges are not coming in. So the time saving tool has become the opposite and is not doing the job we bought it for.

Pros

We loved it for a while. Even our most tech challenged people liked it's user interface, receipt uploading and reporting process.

Cons

For many months now, we have been unable to integrate with our most used and new Amex business card accounts. You can not get anyone on the phone so you're stuck with the concierge (text messages) who I have been bugging about this issue every week for months. They just say "we're working on it" and "sorry!" and " thank you for your patience", and, most annoyingly "have you tried manually entering your expenses?" Yes but when there are hundreds of expenses then that's a problem and why we bought this software in the first place. They keep saying they are close to a solution, testing a solution, but I don't trust them anymore. So we are looking elsewhere.

App is amazing!

We have been using Expensify at our firm for over 5 years. We highly recommend it to all our clients, especially for the mobile app! You can take a picture of your receipt right on your phone from the app, and using smart scan, it will even put all the information in right from the receipt (name, amount etc). Then you can code everything and make a report and submit For clients who have trouble with receipts, this couldn't get any easier. We also like that you can have multiple levels or approvals, download credit card transactions right into the program, reimburse employees , and it all syncs to QBO. Can't recommend it enough, it makes expense reporting a breeze.

Pros

Mobile App, approval levels, customer service, price, easy of use

Cons

Can take a little but to get it set up, but once it is, you are off and running!

The best solution for expense reporting

Pros

Expensify is the opposite of typical software in this category. It's innovative, truly easy to use, and constantly improving. My favorite thing is how easy it is to create and submit expense reports.

Cons

Expensify can take a little bit of getting used to at first, especially if you are used to an old-school clunky expense management tool, but it's not bad at all and well worth it in the long run.

Good Product, Customer Service and Pricing could be better

Pros

Product is easy to use for users and also for admins, satisfies our requirements for an expense management tool.

Cons

Pricing isn't industry best and also very difficult to get in touch with a live customer service agent, always routed to a queue or what seemed like a robotic response.

Amazing expense reporting tool

Pros

Very easy and great tool to report expenses. Easy to set up with my credit cards and create monthly reports to submit for reimbursement.

Cons

No issues at all with this app. Have been very easy to use and would recommend for others to use.

Good Concept, Buggy Execution

Easy expense report submission.

Pros

I love the convenience of being able to submit work expenses for reimbursement in multiple categories and under different reimbursement schemes. The software facilitates automatic generation of reports and offers automatic submission as well, so I don't have to worry about categorizing or submitting my reports by month, pay period, etc. That can all be customized and automated. It also keeps track of the current reimbursement schemes offered by my company (i.e. current mileage reimbursement rates) so I don't have to manually keep track of that or enter it each time.

Cons

Because there are so many features to the software and customizable options, it loses a bit of the "user friendly" aspect. It also throws a lot of flags on certain expenses that I submit due to rules in the app that don't apply to that category of expenses (i.e. receipts are required for all expenses, but when I'm submitting a mileage expense, a receipt is not applicable). In order to take full...

Great Idea - Probably works out great for many people!

Likely good for masses of expenses, if you're just a little guy - might not be worth the time.

Pros

It is a great idea. The idea sounds like a time saving solution. It's also a cute app. I could see it being very handy for business trips/answering to a boss/manager and reporting to them. I could also see this being handy for someone who has a ton of expenses.

Cons

It fails to scan receipts - which is the whole reason for the thing. As an individual contractor/artist it didn't save time at all. Keeping track of expenses is much easier and less time consuming if I tackle a pile of receipts all at once in a simple spreadsheet rather than trying to scan the dang things every time I get one and make sure it's done right. It's actually less time/hands on receipts: Once when I get it, once when I log it.

Receipts made easy

I work for a nonprofit and want to focus my time on service, not billing. Expensify does all the heavy lifting and I am always confident that the receipts have processed in the proper manner.

Pros

My favorite thing about Expensify is the intelligence behind every entry/transaction. Submitting a receipt is as easy as forwarding an email. Love that. Approval process is a cinch, and I am grateful that processing receipts for my organization is stress free.

Cons

We haven't figured out a way to designate categories automatically, so even though I have the same receipts every month, I still have to go in and find (and remember) the project that it is designated to. Perhaps it's our customizations, but it would be nice to have basically touchless receipting for the same monthly transactions.