FORGE Reviews

Review Summary

4.0

Our Trade Settlement Team is in Blacksmith Forge & Analytics tools every working business day.

Pros

- The Blacksmith team are experts in Food Service industry, - In the forefront of the direction of Food Service Trade. - Forge System is very intuitive and can be customized to meet our business needs, and provides ability to evolve along with Food Service Industry. - We are currently reviewing upgrading to the newest version in 2018. - Continuously adding system efficiencies into system or process to account complexities that we are faced with - Network of Blacksmith customers - Bi Annual Blacksmith meetings

Cons

No Data

Forge Helps Make the Complicated World Of Foodservice Programs and Billbacks Easier

Forge has been a great help to our organization. It has helps us get our arms around a very difficult to manage piece of the Foodservice business.

Pros

The Forge system is very user friendly. The system allows all organizations within a company to understand the effect that the distributor and operator programs have on profitability. Forge allows companies to keep all of their programs in one place so the data and information is accessible to sales, management, finance and reconciliation/settlements departments

Cons

The Forge software can be overwhelming to new users. But once the users get a chance to work with the system for a while, they will become very adept at using it.

Forge & Forge Analytics Review

The overall experience for the first year was not what was expected. The features and functionalities would be great if it worked, however, the data was incorrect and it took over 9 months to find out that a refresh wasn't happening between Forge and Forge Analytics. The initial customer service experience was also poor and not helpful. Recently we received better customer service when we were provided with a different group of individuals to help us. There is no ownership on customer service on validating that the data between the systems are running appropriately. We constantly have to catch the issues and report them.

Pros

The quicker processing of the deductions and billbacks feature in Forge. The detailed billback reports in Forge Analytics are also great because of how much data you can include in the report.

Cons

The concept of the system is actually a great concept. The functionality though needs improvement. Forge and Forge Analytics needs to be consistent in refreshing between systems. The contract management piece in Forge is a great feature, however, it provides too much flexibility for sales to enter contracts and easily revise or duplicate them which in turn causes errors on the Forge Analytics report.

Yassmin, we appreciate your feedback. As an early adopter of FORGE Analytics, we take your input very seriously as we activate continuous improvement to our support and data models. We'll have someone reach out to discuss system choices that can address the sales team permissions you commented on. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Operator Sales Specialist - easy of use

most of the time i able to get what i need to perform my job

Pros

several ways to search for programs, reports are easy to download

Cons

I don't understand why updates have such a long black out period. When do mass price increases system is not available for 2 weeks or more.

Blacksmith Forge is essential to everyday operations as a Foodservice CPG.

Roll out to our business managers to take a closer look at their trade spend.

Pros

+ The product is intuitive and can be customized to meet our business needs. + Our Blacksmith Business partners are CPG experts and are forward thinking. + Customer service agent provides us with tremendous support and demonstrate a clear understanding of the current (and future) landscape of our Industry. + We recently rolled out the program for our business managers.

Cons

- Data configurations can be complex, but there is always a Blacksmith employee to address any questions that we may have. I do not feel there are actual cons with Forge.

A must have for Foodservice Manufacturers!

Pros

In depth industry knowledge makes the features/functionality invaluable Intuitive for users of all experience levels Above and beyond the software, you get a partner Built to be flexible with it's features

Cons

Although we realize they are growing at a rapid pace, Customer Support can be a little slow at times. Would like to see a user forum of some type for feedback

Overall my experience has been good.

It helps me to perform my daily job duties

Pros

It is user friendly for me because I have used it from the beginning but new users struggle with it.

Cons

It seems upgrades that have been done for other manufacturers can create issues for our company that we are unaware of until something isn't working

Forge Review

Spending contracts

Pros

Ease of use, good info.. seems accurate

Cons

Sometimes is bogs down, slow kicks me out

Hormel forge review.

It does the job. It is not the most efficient program but works.

Pros

It houses the majority of the programs instead of using multiple programs

Cons

It is hard to find programs. The amount of time for processing. The inability to delete/remove old programs.

Works Well

Allows me to manage marketing programs with distributors and operators in Foodservice indsutry

Pros

Easy to navigate, all options readily available Edit capabilities are easy to understand Quick learning curve

Cons

Feels old and clunky based on appearance Loading times are sometimes a little longer than I would like

Forge is an essential part of my day to day work.

Pros

- The tool is very user friendly. - Customer Support is top notch whenever we are experiencing any difficulties or have any questions. - The Blacksmith team is always willing to help with any system efficiencies to enhance our day to day work. - Being able to network with other Blacksmith users within the industry helps us learn other ways we can utilize this tool across our Foodservice team.

Cons

- We experience a few system outages but the team is quick to work on it and fix the issue. - System does run slow every now and then.

Forge allows me to have better insight to our trade spend

Pros

- The product is easy to teach and understand for new users. - We have great customer support from the Blacksmith Team. - Blacksmith has an awesome community of users that help keep the tool innovative and fresh. - It helps me perform my job daily!

Cons

- Can run slowly on some instances, but if there is ever a complete outage, the Blacksmith team has it fixed very quickly and efficiently.

Opinion of a daily user

My overall experience with FORGE has been mostly positive as it is a powerful tool in managing trade that offers excellent reporting capabilities as well as powerful search functions that save time.

Pros

The search function and reporting capabilities are excellent.

Cons

At times, especially when revising larger programs with hundreds of items and operator/distributor combinations the program can become very sluggish and unresponsive.

Pros

I enjoy that we have the functionality to approve multiple programs at a time.

Cons

The downside of this application is that it is often slow and gets backed up if there are too many users on at a time.

Neutral position

Pros

I don't know what else is out there. But, it does the job I need it to.

Cons

I've used nothing to compare it to. Fairly neutral about this

Blacksmith Review

It's not the knowledge tool we were lead to believe and the "kinks" don't appear to have been worked out

Pros

That I can input and alter data without assistance from another party or individual

Cons

It's not as intuitive as it seems it could be and others can alter without main users knowledge