FreshBooks Case Study

FreshBooks use case: Julie Palitto

Julie Palitto

20th of October, 2016
Freshbooks Features Review

I use Freshbooks to run my freelance design business. It's so integral I can't do without it. From organizing my clients, projects, time and invoices, to the reports features it's such a life saver for my business and makes things super easy for new clients to log in, see, print and pay their invoices.

What do you like best?

Reports features are great. I can get an in-depth and clear picture of what I'm making! I also love the time tracking tool and how it integrates totally when I generate invoices.

What do you dislike?

I'm not versed well in the expenses section. Wish it was a little easier to manage.

Why did you end up selecting FreshBooks over other applications?

I did research similar companies similar, but I loved how Freshbooks marketed to freelancers and the main features I wanted were all there and more! I also love how intuitive it is to use.

If so, why did you switch?

I was creating all my invoices with InDesign and it was daunting. I knew there had to be a better way.

What is your main use case with FreshBooks?

My main use is invoicing. In the beginning I only accepted checks. After I added the credit card pyts I get paid quicker! Not all of them use it, but it definitely helps a bunch!

Give one example how FreshBooks has improved the way your organization functions

The invoicing, time tracking and client integration has streamlined my business immensely. I don't have to think or work too hard with the accounting end. More time spent on client projects. It makes me feel legit. I LOVE IT.

What is your ROI?

I'm not sure

10/10

Recommendations to others considering FreshBooks

Would LOVE expanded customization for the invoice design such as additional templates and special section for important notes/updates in the invoice area that clients would see right away. How about expanding the recommendations portions and maybe allowing a section for a portfolio somehow so the 2 can integrate and possibly help to increase business. I guess I'm not totally clear on how the recommendations get seen after their written by clients.

2+ years