FreshBooks Case Study

4.47/5 (2,835 reviews)

FreshBooks use case: Scott Immerman

Scott Immerman

18th of November, 2016
Increased my efficiency and sped up how quickly my invoices are paid.

FreshBooks is simple to use and has a very clean interface. The iPhone apps makes billing and time tracking a breeze. I have been using it for years, and found that it fits the bill perfectly [pun intended]. I don't currently use all the features of FreshBooks, but I do subscribe to their blog which keeps introducing me to features that make the entire experience great. They keep introducing new features, so I may never get caught up, but thats okay, because they keep improving my efficiency. On the rare occasion that I need to contact support, I have been pleasantly surprised that a real-human answers the phone on 1 ring and is happy to help solve the issue.

What do you like best?

Invoices need to be created with ease while onsite with a client. FreshBooks does this using their iPhone app. The client is instantly emailed an online invoice, allowing them to pay the invoice immediately. Being an Apple Consultant, design astetic is important, and I wanted my invoices and payment portal to reflect that. The received FreshBook invoices, statements, website/ portal and other client contact are easily customizable with very little effort.

What do you dislike?

I wish that FreshBooks would allow for time tracking separate from time-billing. [Updated 11/2016: the new version of FreshBooks does allow this.]

Why did you end up selecting FreshBooks over other applications?

Ease of use and the ability to control the look and feel that my clients see.

If so, why did you switch?

Terrible interface. Data not always accurate.

What is your main use case with FreshBooks?

Billing and invoicing.

Give one example how FreshBooks has improved the way your organization functions

The iPhone apps makes billing and time tracking a breeze.

What is your ROI?

Many times over. The cost of using is negligible.

9/10

Recommendations to others considering FreshBooks

Give it a try, I was hooked almost immediately.

2+ years