GCPay Logo
GCPay

Payment management software for construction industry

visit website

GCPay Reviews - Page 2

Streamlines billings

Pros

Customer support is always available and helpful. Helps make our billing process run smoothly.

Cons

Some processes are still very manual. Subcontractor communication -- would like more info displayed such as payment date, compliance issues, etc more easily available so that we get less emails and phone calls.

Great Software!

Pros

Ease of use and to navigate through. Customer service is great!

Cons

Change orders seem a little challenging.

seamless

it's been overall fantastic.

Pros

The software has made monthly requisitions from contractors easier for them and ultimately us, the scheduled billing reminders are very save so much time managing the billings.

Cons

commonly i get an error linking commitments with the initial SOV submissions.

GC Pay Review

Very Happy!

Pros

Organized and gives opportunity for GC to review pay applications and collaborate with subcontractors.

Cons

No major issues. There are a lot of features that we do not utilize yet but will be working on implementing in the near future.

Time Saver for subs and GCs

Pros

It's great that it ties into Sage so we don't have to triple check dollar values and contract amounts and can focus on Percent Complete

Cons

I would like to see the ability to run reports showing amount billed per month by each sub.

Review from a General Contractor's Stand Point

Pros

I like the fact that the review process of Schedule of Values and Pay Applications are streamlined and reduced paperwork.

Cons

When change orders are added, I seem to always have problems if it is required for detailed breakdowns and have to delete and re-add manually.

GCPay Review

Transmitting paper through multiple reviewers is made much easier. Checklists are readily available for anyone to see, rather than having to request updated file information.

Pros

Reduces paper and speeds up the process to review and circulate pay applications through multiple reviewers.

Cons

There are some functionality issues that upon approval, we get directed back to the home screen, rather than the dashboard where are next action should take place.

Support is Top Notch

Pros

On the GC side the software is simple, easy to use, and makes our billing life streamlined and simple.

Cons

Our subcontractors seem to have a bit of trouble on their end, typically with compliance documents.

The Overall is great, easy to use and follow and there customer service is amazing.

Pros

I like how it tracks all pay app , waiver and COI's.

Cons

That you cannot print just the final waivers.

GCPay Review

The speed of response by customer service has been great. Any issues or questions that I have or my subcontractors have are quickly addressed and resolved.

Pros

Very easy to use. I manage a multitude of construction projects and GCPay is extremely helpful consolidate all of my subcontractor billing, lien waivers, etc. in one place

Cons

There are not any cons that I can think of at this time.

Great Software

Pros

It automates Subcontractor compliance which helps the Subs know if they are in compliance

Cons

It doesn't automatically update the lien waiver dates

GC Pay Review

Great no complaints

Pros

Easy to use and navigate through the program

Cons

The page tab was only located at one place. See that has since changed. No issues otherwise.

Pros

Streamlined and accuracy. Cuts down on the processing of requisitions and uploading change order and collecting lien waivers.

Cons

Certain reports not available that we are finding the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are requesting. Presently having to create in excel which is time consuming.

Project Manager Review

Simplicity.

Pros

Makes subcontractor's pay applications easy.

Cons

None. It has everything I need. Subcontractors can say it is difficult to use.

Ease of use is key- great product

Great experience overall!

Pros

Very simple setup and easy to use. My admin was able to get me up and running in no time. The review features are very intuitive.

Cons

The dialog box style pop ups for reviewing applications for payment is a little clunky. Otherwise everything is pretty streamlined.

I-Kota GCPay Review

It's very user friendly and it works great with our accounting software.

Pros

I like that once a company is set up in the system, I can add them to other projects with ease. It allows me to input all their information (SOV, Change Orders, etc.) without them needing to be involved.

Cons

I find it difficult to resend invites to people that have used GCPay in the past. I'm sure there's a way around this issue, but I have yet to figure it out.

Good, but could be better

Good for managing contract value, but would be better if it integrated with accounting software. The software is a little siloed.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Projects are easily accessible, and data is easily sorted to find what you need.

Cons

Doesn't integrate with accounting software (we use Quickbooks), so our team encounters a lot of errors from manual transfer of data from GCPay to Quickbooks. Retention could be broken down better for data entry purposes. For example, as our lead accountant, I want to know what retention was acrrued only for that month, not the total accrued for the entire job. I have to do a lot of work to figure that out.

GC Pay

Pros

It gives me a quick way to see who is putting in a pay request.

Cons

Some of the page navigation is clunky and does not allow for the most efficient workflow. There are also sometimes issues with getting documents from subcontractors uploaded properly.

Unremarkable

I like using it. its certainly easy for me to use, but like i said it requires some explanation and hand holding with subs

Pros

It does whats necessary without much additional waste

Cons

Its hard for subcontractors to use, requires some explanation and onboarding

Great product!

My company has loved working with GC Pay.

Pros

This product makes approving pay apps a breeze. I love that I can approve SOV's and pay apps from anywhere.

Cons

I would like to be able to edit comments on the audit trail.

GCPay Review

Pros

It has made the payment process for subcontractors so much easier and has eliminated a lot of redundant paperwork each month.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications can be a bit much.

New to GCPay but seeing the benefits

Pros

I like the fact that the subcontractors have to bill us according to the schedule of values we set up for them. Conditional waivers are submitted with invoices.

Cons

We need to be able to collect unconditional waivers through GCPay. I'll be glad when accounting figures out how to do that!

Easy and Convenient

Pros

Audit Trails are a good tool to manage follow up and disputed items

Cons

Can be tricky to make changes after approvals

User Friendly

Pros

I really like that suppliers can only bill the line items that are set up with their subcontract. This prevents overbillings and it helps keep our job cost accurate.

Cons

I wish their was a way for the supplier to revise their invoice rather than them having to recreate it.

GCPay

Great experience

Pros

It is easy to set up your schedule of values for approval. It is easy to bill in. Love getting the notices as to whether your billing is approved or not. Great to have the waivers right in the program to finish filling in and print out.

Cons

Do not really have any. It is easy to maneuver.