Gorilla Expense Reviews

Gorilla Expense

On-premise and cloud-based expense report software

Review Summary

Pros

Great pricing, useful features, best customer service received from a software partner.

Kyle M.

My overall experience was very good. It was very easy to navigate and was very easy to use.

Caitlin L.

I like that you can use your camera to take pictures of receipts and add them to your expenses. It is also nice that Gorilla can calculate the mileage for trips between buildings.

Trevor H.

Cons

I haven't encounter any issues using the software, and the one time I had issues that I got an error prior to submit my expense, was when I forgot to select the item in the expense.

Wladimir O.

The scanning feature doesnt work that well. I ended up just always manually adding receipts.

Joe P.

The difficulty transitioning from adding receipts to creating an Expense report.

Ricardo Z.

Gorilla Expense

Pros

Took a second to figure everything out but then very easy to use. Quick, helpful responses from the team.

Cons

Some of the terminology is difficult to understand at first (it was not obvious what type of report to file at first)

EASY TO USE

I like the lenght of time receipts can be kept. It's been very accessible for the users and myself.

Pros

Users have not complained and very easy to use and set up.

Cons

There have been some glitches but customer service is always there to help.

Not user-friendly

Fair.

Pros

We could submit applications through both website and apps, I guess.

Cons

As an employee, I used the website, instead of its app, to file applications for expense reimbursement. I used about two to three times a year. I found it not user-friendly. It usually took an hour or longer for me to file the application for reimbursement because the receipt I submitted has to be in certain format (I don't remember which one it is required) and I could not upload the invoice I received (e.g., Amazon). The instruction was not helpful either. This being said, this feedback is based on my experience using website. not app.

Hey Bin, If you continue to have issues with Amazon receipt, please write to us at support@gorillaexpense.com and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks

Our rep is very responsive and assists when individuals are taking a long time to get results.

Pros

You can have different users, you get alerted when the file is complete and you can run reports

Cons

there isn't a manager side where our hiring managers can see if their employee is entered and if the results are back, but they cannot see the actual results.

Expenses

Pros

I liked that I could copy button made filling in the rest easier.

Cons

Attaching receipts from your phone was a little difficult but other than that it was good.

Great! Simple! Easy! Affordable!

Pros

I love that it is so simple and our candidates never have issues with it.

Cons

Maybe a video should be place for tradings for learners that are visual.

Everything in One Place

Pros

I like that it is all-in-one. It saves so much time because it is user-friendly. It is efficient, too.

Cons

I don't like the small fonts. It will improve more if bolder color were used.

Avid user of expense software

Pros

It is easy to utilize and manage. Going in on a weekly/bi-weekly basis to complete my expense report is easy and efficient. I work for a government agency that has many rules and regulations on what and how to expense things. The software makes that process easy.

Cons

I do not have any negative experience in working with Gorilla Expense software

So Easy!

Would highly recommend and very user friendly.

Pros

The ease of this software makes it so less time consuming. I complete weekly expense reports and never dread the process. video training initially were easy to follow and understand.

Cons

There is nothing to report. It's easy to upload receipts on your desktop or smart phone so no issues.

Highly recommend Gorilla Expense

Very user friendly and quick as I snap pictures of my receipts and upload them from my phone throughout the month. At the end of the month my expense report is a simple "submit", couldn't be easier and more efficient!

Pros

Ease of use on both mobile app and desktop

Cons

None, love the software! It just takes a few minutes for each receipt and I'm done.

Gorilla Expense Makes Expense Reporting Seamless and Comprehensive

Our experience since we started using Gorilla Expense for company wide expense reporting has been outstanding. The support we get from their team is always prompt and attentive. We also have the ability to use the reports provided in the web application to break down which companies we do a lot of business so that we can get group deals.

Pros

We have been using Gorilla Expense for a few years now and couldn't be happier. Their support team is the most accommodating group I have ever relied on. The web and phone application's user interfaces are extremely easy to navigate and provide a transparent view of a users expense report throughout the approval process. The phone app also makes it easy to capture receipts on the go, very useful so you don't need to worry about losing your receipts.

Cons

Sometimes the web app logs me out immediately after I log in.

David - Thanks for the review. If we can help further in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@gorillaexpense.com. - The Gorilla Expense team

Excellent product that beats Concur

The only thing the client told me was "We wish we had come across this product sooner"

Pros

Easy to use, well laid out and a great team to work with, both on the sales and support side. I implemented this solution for a client of mine and we had many unique requirements. The Gorilla team was able to advise us on what was practically possible and workarounds for requirements that were very unique. The AP team loved their Microsoft Dynamics integration. All in all, it was one of the best and fastest implementations we had done.

A Senior Accountant's Review

Gorilla Expense is 100% online, which makes it easy for our sales staff to work from their home in 10 different States. And just submit their expense reports online, which made it more efficient.

Pros

Gorilla Expense is extremely user friendly. It actually didn't even require training to our users to use it. Plus it has a direct integration with our Dynamics GP, which is our accounting software.

Cons

The travel reports were not as detailed as we had hoped for. We actually had to use Microsoft Excel to do the travel report for our company's senior management.

Gorilla has exceeded all expectations in the T&E realm and we couldn't be more satisfied with the partnership we've established.

Pros

The software does what it's supposed to do and isn't over-inundated with "features" that don't add value or complications for our business. The result is a platform that's easy to use for our end-users and easy to manage from an accounting/power-user perspective.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile apps are buggy and require reinstallation for our users.

Gorilla Expense Review

We used it as a way to be reimbursed for expenses. Having to watch a 30 minute video about how to use it was the first drawback. The fact that there are so many steps and you have to attach files and upload them is cumbersome. Overall it's not worth the time or frustration level to get the reimbursement.

Pros

I am not an administrator and am not sure how easy it was to integrate with our former system. It has been the most cumbersome and difficult reimbursement system I've every used.

Cons

We were to watch a 30 minute plus video about how to properly use the app. This was way too much. It's very confusing with so many steps. You have to upload a PDF of receipts and it feels like jumping through a lot of steps for reimbursement. Colleagues have spent over 1/2 an hour trying to load receipts and follow all the steps for reimbursement. I've not even bothered, you lost me at the start with having to watch a 30 minute how to video. I'd rather not get the money reimbursed than deal with the headaches so many co-workers have had.

Great day to day expense tracker

Great piece of software, saves you making spread sheets for all you expenses

Pros

Keeping day to day mileage and receipts

Cons

Google map integration helps a lot finding locations you visit without knowing full address

Gorilla

Pros

I like having one place to go to to process all work reimbursement.

Cons

It's not clear that you have to create a whole package of reimbursement and send those in as a group (or send one in a package). I had added all of my reimbursement forms to the site and expected someone to review them and it took weeks for me to realize that there was an extra step and making that extra step was confusing. I wish there was a better flow and help/info and prompting for what happens next as you move along the process.

Such a helpful program for expenses

gorilla is a great system for balancing receipts with expenses. The reporting is very good and really helped to make sure I was budgeting correctly

Pros

I love the different reports that can be run

Cons

Some parts of the software relied on my company to input. With their workload, it was difficult to know if they’ve done the work or not

10 out of 10

Pros

The last thing a sales rep wants to do is spend more than 8 minutes reconciling and submitting expenses. Gorilla makes it so easy it makes it more fun to spend my company's money.

Cons

Honestly, none. Maybe that there are a lot of updates on my iPhone? (i'm grasping here......)

Great option for expense reports

Overall the online version and the mobile app are easy to use and input expenses and receipts.

Pros

I like the app, and that I can scan my receipts in the app and it will save them for when I am ready to submit my expenses.

Cons

Sometimes if I pull in a receipt, it will change information I have already input into the expense that I didn't want changed.

Expense reporting make easy

The product has worked great for me.

Pros

The ease of the software is the most important to me. Gorilla Expense is very easy to use, very easy to fix and very easy to delete.

Cons

The thing that I like the least is there are too many items to enter per expense

Ease with expenses

I found this expense recording much easier to utilize than our prior method once I became familiar with it.

Pros

I enjoyed having a detailed description of each expense report that I had recorded.

Cons

When I was first starting to utilize it I had to learn by trial and error.

Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use. Quick to use. Good flow to expense entering.

Cons

Can’t upload multiple receipt images to an expense. Currency conversion sometimes resets while entering expense Reviewing receipt image upload sometimes shows a blurry image.

Gorilla expense is a great product

We have created better efficiencies with our Manager's approving expenditure reports, efficiencies in the finance department with not having to key all entries in, and reduced costs by less paper.

Pros

We like the functionality of being able to automate our expense reimbursements and have an app that our employees could easily use. We also like the capability of importing into our accounting software which created better efficiencies in our finance department.

Cons

We have not found anything that needs to be improved and have had a great experience. No cons that we can think of.

Easy expense reports

It’s been great not to have to keep up with receipts during the month. I just take pictures of them at the time.

Pros

It’s easy to use and takes very little of my time to keep up with day to day expenses

Cons

There isn’t anything I don’t like about it