Harvest Reviews - Page 2

Great Tool for Tracking Time & Resources

Positive - they were a great solution for a company at our size at the time.

Pros

We used Harvest at our company for multiple years - it provides a great option for the team to track time across multiple projects and ensure project management and billing have hours for billable reference. It's cost is accessible to many organizations and the functionality works as expected.

Cons

Their native reporting didn't meet our needs so it required us to pipe this data into our data warehouse to then create our own visualizations, insights, dashboards, BI systems, etc. We began to outgrow Harvest due to additional needs outside of Harvest's core offering. Our financials were also in a different system which didn't allow us to utilize the billing features to their full potential

Truly the best time tracker/invoice management solution I've ever used

I use Harvest to track hours on projects and invoice for time spent. I've also used the estimating tool with great success. I also accept online payments through Harvest and Stripe.

Pros

Number 1: great value for the money. So much capability in one product, for a very low monthly fee. Number 2: They are constantly adding new features, but not half-baked ones. I get the impression the the product and engineering teams are very good at what they do.

Cons

Could use more customizing of expenses and taxes - I'd like to be able to add fees to invoices that are not taxes - like markups for Stripe fees.

Harvest is great for time tracking and billing within small/mid-size companies

I've used Harvest as an employee to track my time. Additionally, I have done data analysis on exported information from the platform to predict time requirements and resource allocation across a mid-sized workplace.

Pros

Harvest is an ideal time tracking and billing platform for small- to mid-size companies. Individuals track their time in the desired increments, and then can sub-track their time to particular projects or disciplines. For instance, if tracking time for Client A, time can be segmented into "Client A > Project Review," "Client A > Web Development," "Client A > Business Development," etc. It can flex to accommodate multiple professional disciplines, and provides tallies / time breakouts for each user. On the backend, fairly rich data can be gathered from the platform to analyze time distribution and analysis.

Cons

It requires time to setup and administrate multiple users, especially if it's one person doing this job. Additionally, to do it well, it requires a thoughtful plan to provide the necessary taxonomy of clients / projects / billing to be used across the organization. It is not as robust as other big, enterprise-caliber time tracking platforms (like Salesforce), but for an organization <50 users, it's a great solution.

Track your Time and Expenses from Anywhere

Overall Harvest has been a great tool to keep my staff hours in check and to monitor staff utilization. It does provide some basic forecasting which has been nice to have as well.

Pros

You can track your time and expenses from literally anywhere with relative ease. Harvest provides: Desktop apps for Windows and Mac, browser extensions, and mobile apps for Android/iOS.

Cons

There are few small things here and there which don't impact the performance of the product but would be nice to have. For example you can create and send estimates but you cannot convert estimates into invoices. Also, some reports can be very long and they can't be filtered.

Harvest - perfect for time tracking on a project by project basis

Overall the experience with Harvest has been mediocre. It is a great way to track time, report hours to clients and bill appropriately. There are almost too many options making it a little difficult to first getting things set up. It is a pain to use if you have little random projects that come up frequently because they then have to be separately added to Harvest as their own job by the project manager.

Pros

Harvest is perfect for tracking time, especially on a project by project basis. It is great for marketing agencies that work under retainer and have to report time spent on specific projects. It is pretty simple to track hours and view hours tracked by teammates and be able to report directly to the client. It is an easy way for managers to track other employees. The invoice feature is great if you use it.

Cons

It almost has TOO many features. Ease of use is great for employees who are simply logging hours, but is very complex and sometimes difficult for the project managers to keep up with. It would be nice if others could add projects (and possibly have to have manager approval) and not have to be added solely by the project managers. It would also be nice to have more of a warning prior to renewing membership. In my instance, we no longer needed to utilize the software, but randomly received a charge on our credit card without prior notification that the program was up for renewal.

Harvest ypur time accurately and simply

We like the Orange and White - I know its petty, but in a world of grey-ed out infinitesimally small typeface UIs, Harvest is blunt and to-the-point. After all, who needs Team Members making errors with your TIME!

Pros

The most important factor is Ease of Use and Harvest shines, the second is its integration with 80 of the top of the line of today's work tools. There are tons of features - we use Forecast and find it invaluable for Team Leaders to scope out their week's work-load and delegate. Thirdly, their customer support is brilliant - no muss, no fuss. The added bonus is that adjusting time at task once the timer has been closed is easy, and did I mention they send a friendly reminder when you've left a timer running? Oh Yes - we do that sometimes too!

Cons

It's hard to think of a really thorny issue - these guys have worked everything together slowly over the years. It's a a balanced appraoch - the Forecast Add-On is slowly expanding and deepening and there will no doubt be features added that a user would like, for example more zoom in and out to break down to week and day. That is about it really - this is solid Dev-Product, not some rushed-out-to-get-Trials company.

Invoicing made easy

We started using Harvest years ago with my previous company and it was our go-to solution with our new company. No questions asked. It just works and that is why I would recommend it to everyone looking for a simple solution.

Pros

It just works. Creating an offer, turning it into an invoice, setting everything up... it just works easy. In contrast with many software you can use for invoicing, Harvest doesn't try to do it all, it just keeps things simple. Probably too simple at times, but I never ran into any issues as we have straightforward product & services lines to add to our invoices.

Cons

The fact that the time tracking is included and cannot be ignored as easily as the optional planning tool (that they sell separately) was a small frustration at first. Afterwards, I just tended to directly surf to the Invoices overview and avoid the timetracking part all together. For some it is probably thé selling feature as time tracking looks very easy, but our company doens't keep track of detailed time tracking so we never used that part thoroughly.

Best for Simple Bookkeeping and Time Tracking

I literally couldn't run my business without Harvest. It makes bookkeeping so easy, even in two currencies.

Pros

Harvest is affordable, and easy to use. As a freelancer, I find it fantastically simple to track time and expenses, bill, follow up on invoices and receive payment. Harvest integrates with Stripe and PayPal, so clients can pay online easily. I literally run my business on this software, and it's so intuitive. Best of all, as an American living in Canada with clients in both countries, I can bill and accept payments in both USD and CAD. Harvest is one of the few solutions that lets me do that in a single account.

Cons

I wish there were more reports. It would AMAZING if Harvest offered P&L reports for simple businesses like mine, but it doesn't. Really, improved ability to produce any reports my accountant can use at tax time would be fabulous. Unfortunately, you have to tie into overpriced Quickbooks or another accounting package to do this. For simple freelancers like me, this just seems silly. I'm hoping the reporting features improve, since Harvest gets better every year overall.

Excellent at what it does, but pricey

Overall it's the simplest solution for straight forward time tracking. There are tons of competitors that do similar things, but Harvest was one of the originals in the SaaS space and provides excellent execution and stability.

Pros

I learned about Harvest through the integration with Asana. Although my team doesn't use it for billable time, we do track hours for projects so that we can understand what portions of our product pipeline are consuming the most time, so we're utilizing just one small portion of the overall functionality, which includes different clients, rates, and other features consultants or freelancers would need. That said, what I like the most is the slick integration with Asana right in the app, and the clean clear reporting in the Harvest tool itself. We don't tend to use the mobile app our our usage, but it seems quite good as well.

Cons

The biggest drawback about Harvest is the price for what you get. For a product that does basically one thing, it costs about as much as the Google office suite. The hardest part is that they added a new forecasting tool as a separate product and then that costs an additional monthly fee per user, so instead of extending the capabilities of Harvest itself and giving you more value for your money, they froze the Harvest feature and decided to charge more (fortunately it's an opt-in instead of just raising the prices for all).

Harvest is an Essential Tool for Creative Freelancers

I've tried numerous other invoicing tools but none compare to the stability, quality, and reliability of Harvest. For the money you just can't beat it.

Pros

Harvest makes it super easy to track time and expenses, invoice clients, and collect payments via Stripe or ACH.

Cons

Because it is such a stable piece of software, they are very slow to add new features, and certain areas of the user interface feel dated. That being said, it is rock solid, fast, and extremely reliable.

The best time tracking software out there

With Harvest we track more hours than we did with other software. It takes the hassle out of the process. Nobody likes to track his of her hours in complicated and time consuming ways and Harvest solves that problem!

Pros

It does what it does and it does it best! Time tracking on projects has never been so easy for our organisation. We have used multiple time trackers, but were never pleased with the wat we neede to register the hours we make for our clients. The mac, windows and iOS/Android apps work great. New projects are available instantly and starting / pausing the time tracker is wonderfully done. Managing the projects, budgets and tasks is really easy and if you like, you can integrate it with Harvest Forecast and plan your team ahead.

Cons

Harvest lacks decent support of monthly retainer 'projects'. It's not a show stopper for us, but it makes us do manual checks of the hours we make for our clients. I would love Harvest Forecast to be part of Harvest by default instead of the invoicing functionalities, since we use other software for that.

Harvest Review

Harvest has made my life so much simpler and cut down on the time I spend invoicing clients immensely. It has made my graphic and web design business a lot more efficient

Pros

Prior to using Harvest, I tried several different options for time tracking and invoicing clients. All of which didn't quite fit my needs for my graphic and web design business. Harvest has been the perfect fit for me. It allows me to organize items by client and individual projects under that client. I can easily start and stop timers to track my time on projects and then quickly create invoices to bill clients. You can run reports to track how your business is doing on invoices for the month, quarter or year. You can also track expenses. It has the capability to integrate into quickbooks as well.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software really. If I absolutely had to name something, setting up information/logo for invoices in the very beginning was a little tricky but easily solved by reading tutorial.

Excellent price & functionality was exactly what I needed

My experience with harvest was exceptional. The only reason I turned it off (recently) was because I wanted an all-in-one solution and went to Quickbooks - that eliminated some cost and centralized everything. I also no longer had the need for time tracking, which was a huge value and reason for me using Harvest.

Pros

Easy to use. Very intuitive and was easy to track my time with clients & then to issue invoices. It was reliable, I never had any problems with it not working as expected. It integrated with Quickbooks nicely, which was a huge plus.

Cons

I didn't love the cost to add additional users. In general, the cost for 1 person was quite low, but it felt expensive to then add on additional users.

Harvest is Amazing!

Harvest makes my business EASY. I do love being able to set limits on projects and getting emails when those limits are near.

Pros

I really enjoy using harvest because I do have a team of subcontractors who I need to keep reports of their time. Harvest makes it easy to report time used and set limits on projects.

Cons

I would love it if I could set up monthly recurring projects by date and not just month to month. Sometimes I have a retainer client that starts in the middle of the month and the monthly recurring feature resets at the end of the month, not when it's been 30 days.

We LOVE Harvest

Pros

Harvest is incredibly easy to use, and doesn't try to be more than it is. It is perfect for tracking time (the iPhone app is great, too, as it allows you to start and stop time on the go) and expenses, and conducting billing. It also has a surprisingly great reporting section, which is helpful for understanding your own productivity and opportunities. Harvest is also wonderfully customizable to fit your office's individual needs.

Cons

This is so nitpicky, but that is because Harvest is so great, and has so little to improve upon: I wish there were multiple pre-set messages you can send. The current system allows for a thank you message and a "balance due" message. Our office, like many law firms, I imagine, has two balance due messages: money due for work performed, and money due to maintain a required trust deposit. Currently we have to manually change this. Not at all a deal breaker, but it would be a very welcome update in the future.

The only invoicing tool I'd consider

It made visualising our project budgets and margins dramatically easier, so we know where our time and money are going.

Pros

I've used Harvest for years and I can't imagine switching to another tool. It's by far the easiest, best tool for agencies who work on multiple projects with multiple budgets. Being able to visualise your margins and where your team is spending their time is an absolute game changer. The invoices are attractive and always send reliable. The integrated payment options are intuitive and simple.

Cons

It's a bit more expensive than other tools but if you're using its full functionality it's absolutely worth it. I'd like to see more flexibility around budgeting and retainers. It has definitely gotten better with new support for fixed-fee budgets, but I would really like to see recurring retainers handled better. We currently create a new project every month for our clients on retainer, which works but is a little tedious.

A freelancer's best friend

No more tracking time on projects through notebooks and spreadsheets, or losing track of outstanding invoices. It's all there, easily accessible from a single online platform. For my solo enterprise, it's less than $15/month, which is an incredible bargain.

Pros

- So easy to do everything: time tracking, invoicing, expenses. The whole platform is intuitive and easily navigable. - Flexible time tracking: either setting a timer or entering into a timesheet-like interface. - The system can send invoice reminders on your behalf, so it's not like you personally bugging your contact. - You get to choose -- through checkboxes -- how detailed you want your invoices to be. - Invoices are globally configurable, so you can set up your template with logo, recurring info, etc. - At a glance, you can see how much you have invoiced/received over the year/last year/etc. and which invoices are outstanding. - Every end-of-week you get a report that shows how you spent your tracked time.

Cons

I haven't encountered anything to dislike about this platform, though I haven't yet used all of its features.

Great software for the administrator, lacking some functionality for the users

Pros

This is great for ease of use and for keeping time tracking central. Although the UI needs work, the UX is very good and makes a cumbersome, laborious task such as time tracking easy and quick. Whereas in other softwares you have to go hunt for the task to track and find the project listing, go to the card, then track - Harvest just has these options all in one panel. For admins, the info collected is quantified in a very visual and excellent way allowing us to track time and project expenses.

Cons

For those not assigned as administrators, you can't see the time estimates for tasks - only projects. This is a massive issue as it means that for one project, I don't know as a designer how much time is allowed for design vs development - only the whole project. As a contractor I work for as a separate client, they also use harvest. I bill at the end of projects and also based on monthly enhancements based on hourly cost. It is extremely hard as a user (not admin) to see and get a summary of this time without having to manually add it all up. Massive issue

Don't fear, Harvest is here!

Harvest saves me so much time by tracking my work hours. Invoicing is a breeze. My clients have an easy time paying invoices through a couple of clicks of buttons. Harvest offers many integrated payment options that I have found to fill my company's needs and were quick to set up. The simplicity of the layout of the website makes everything so simple.

Pros

Harvest tracks my time with the click of a button. I select the project and hit go. Then I stop the timer when complete. Invoices are made at the end of the month very quickly. It takes less than a minute to create and send each invoice to my clients. Never once have I had an issue with the site being down, or any other inconveniences. The Chrome extension helps a lot.

Cons

I have little use for most of the reports, however, they may be geared towards larger companies. Otherwise, this software is great.

Thank you for your trust in Harvest and for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate it!

Manage your work flow within your time

I have found it super easy to use. The data record of reminders is all safe. The pricing is handy by two methods i.e. by its free or subscription deals. I am so comfortable after using it on our phones because it just needs a few clicks plus we can also make expenses through mobile app. Overall, we found it very useful as it is easy to use for every kind of business so we will recommend it you as well. Both the client and team would be saved from extra expenses due to tracker system. We found this platform, a strengthening tool for professionals.

Pros

It is a time tracking software which was combined with Twitter to facilitate its users to track time with their tweets as well. Today it is globally used in many meetings and business by many clients for work procedures. We have found it easy to handle despite the working platform.

Cons

I found that there was lack of connection between the website and app. It was pretty difficult to constantly have a check on the app. We found this the app did not function properly for tasks assignment to the workers. Moreover it is going well and giving great performance.

Harvest is awesome!

Overall, Harvest is incredible. It's one of the best SaaS products out there. For time-tracking specifically, we found it better than other platforms such as Toggl. The user experience is super simple and it's got great reporting.

Pros

Harvest takes minutes to set it up and is so user-friendly, user adoption happened incredibly quickly. It was the fastest program our team adopted compared with other solutions. Firstly, the platform is accessible through multiple devices ranging from web to desktop to browser extension to mobile app to integrations with Jira. Everyone is different and the platform adapts to almost everyone's needs....

Cons

As a digital agency, we don't always bill by hourly rate or fixed firm price. Some of our clients are on monthly retainers which sadly Harvest doesn't include. It's not a deal breaker for us, but it's something that would be nice to have.

Great program with a lot of features

My overall experience with Harvest is as a project manager and using it to track employees time, and set up and manage budgets for projects.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it has a ton of features for time keeping, budgeting, and payroll. This is one of the more comprehensive time keeping programs I have seen. It has different levels for employees and managers to log in. It is super easy for employees and contractors to log in adn out to keep accurate track of time and hours. It has budgeting functions for payroll, projects, etc. I really liked this program!

Cons

The one big negative I can say about this program is the cost. They charge per person using it and it can get pretty pricey when you have a lot of employees or contractors using it. It would be better if they offered it for a flat rate or monthly flat rate.

Smart Solution for all kinds time management, tracking & reporting.

I used to use this software tools for my team as well as for my other team from 2014 to 2017. I should appreciate Harvest team for this amazing online time management tools which are helping now millions of people to track the time including multiple features. I especially love their friendly eye-catching interface including time tracking options feature. I used to submit my all project times I had spent easily without any tension as it showing real time. Pretty amazing!

Pros

1. simple website design with eye-catching visualization for the essential option. 2. Can be integrated almost any latest software tools like Asana(I used to do this) is amazing sync 3. Reminder for time tracking and project reminder including project owner. 4. Can control and create layer like approval method

Cons

1. Very Pricy in terms of the competitors on the market 2. Need AI support to catch auto standard time frame for each project. 3. Apps crashed and lost time sometimes without an unknown error 4. Should work on popular project time analysis to make real-time auto time support

Great for a small creative business.

We've been using harvest for years, and when we were just doing small side projects here and there it met our needs perfectly. Now that our business has grown we need a more powerful tool that integrates bookkeeping and vendor management, in addition to time tracking, billing, and invoicing.

Pros

We love Harvest and its features. From time tracking to billing and invoicing Harvest has helped us grow our business and keep on top of the projects we are working on.

Cons

There are other similar products on the market that offer the ability to send contracts and proposals, as well as products for bookkeeping that integrate many of the same features for not much more in total cost.

Harvest makes time tracking easy

We used to track our time manually in Google sheets, but Harvest changed the game and made things a lot simpler for our employees.

Pros

Sometimes its the simple software that provides the most value. In this case, while Harvest does provide some features that we do not use, it is incredibly simple to understand and use on a daily basis. We feel that we are really utilizing the software to the fullest extent even though we only use it to track time for internal purposes. We don't feel like we are wasting money paying for a software that is only partially utilized.

Cons

I am sure that for some companies the simplicity may not be practical. It really does stick to the basics so it is for a company that doesn't need all of the bells and whistles that I am sure some time tracking software has.